ThirdRailForum

• September 22, 2017, 11:40:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Who likes MMA  (Read 4659 times)

plus minus reset

RizenPhoenizTopic starter

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
Who likes MMA
« on: November 09, 2008, 11:50:17 PM »

My favorite UFC fighter is Frank Mir. Got to love Uriah Faber in the WEC too.

So who's your favorite fighters?

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 274
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
Re: Who likes MMA
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 05:21:15 AM »

Ha, I bet you like the Cubs, too! :lmao:

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 07:25:25 AM »

What's MMA?
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

• Quaestor
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:28:03 AM »

Ha, I bet you like the Cubs, too! :lmao:

No but I do like Da Bears.

• Quaestor
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 08:38:23 AM »

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 377
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 12:31:07 PM »

I dont know about any favorite fighters but Randy Coture is going to take Brock Lesner to school on Saturday.

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »

I don't know any of their names but I love watching the UFC fights.

OH and what's the other one- what did you guys think of the Kimbo Slice debacle?

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 02:58:52 PM »

Once again, I've no idea what you're talking about.

We're going to see Jekyl & Hyde tonight, though, followed by Rocky Horror.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Johnny Storm

• Augustus
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 09:30:13 PM »

Johnny Storm

• Augustus
  • WOOO WOOO!

Johnny Storm

• Augustus
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 10:07:44 PM »

double post

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 12:11:47 PM »

I wonder how Dana feels now, having the Kimbo Slice of amateur wrestling as his heavyweight champion. I dont mind seeing someone with very limited skills who can put people in seats as the top dawg but Dana is a fucking hypocrite for badmouthing Elite and Kimbo and then turning around and giving a title shot to a guy with 3 pro fights and only 2 wins who fights like a jiu-jitsu blue belt with 3 months of experience.

I did see a little improvement in Brock's offensive technique from his previous fights which considering that he didnt exhibit any isnt saying much but the guy is freakshow. He is a huge muscle-bound power freak that takes you back to the early days of the UFC and Tank Abbot when people didnt know shit and just wanted to see someone get knocked out.

In this fight, he was getting his ass kicked by the smaller man both in the stand-up and ground as he heavily sucked air trying to feed oxygen to all those muscles. For much of the fight he was trying not to get choked or caught in a joint lock until he landed a grazing reverse punch in just the right place sending Coture to the ground.

Once he went down it was like watching a Crip beating up a Blood with hammer-fists on a corner in Crenshaw. No different than what Kimbo would have done except that Kimbo actually won a fight with technique once - a guillotine choke. 

Wins like that may help to build his reputation and are part of the sport but in reality, they dont mean much. Just like the guy who knocked out Kimbo coming in, in 8 secs with a panicked look on his face.

What does that say about your technique and fight skills that you happen to get your ass handed to you by a much smaller man for most of the fight until you land a grazing off target punch in a sweet spot? Not much. As GSP would say, I'm not impressed.

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 08:04:34 PM »

LOVE MMA

WAY better than that male soap opera called the WWF/WWE

favorite fighter?

anderson silva. dude is fuckin scary.

and CroCop. not sure if he's even still fighting or not but when he was he was one of the best imo. then he took that kick to the head and was never the same again. =/

faber is a little beast and his fight with "Little Evil" was great. proved he could hang for 5 rounds which hadnt happened prior that i know of.
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »

Do people actually watch that fucking retarded wwf or whatever it is called now? Oh yeah - people do, none of them adults =P

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »

Do people actually watch that fucking retarded wwf or whatever it is called now? Oh yeah - people do, none of them adults =P

Only testosterone challenged males...they live vicariously through them...
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

• Quaestor
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »

I wonder how Dana feels now, having the Kimbo Slice of amateur wrestling as his heavyweight champion. I dont mind seeing someone with very limited skills who can put people in seats as the top dawg but Dana is a fucking hypocrite for badmouthing Elite and Kimbo and then turning around and giving a title shot to a guy with 3 pro fights and only 2 wins who fights like a jiu-jitsu blue belt with 3 months of experience.

I did see a little improvement in Brock's offensive technique from his previous fights which considering that he didnt exhibit any isnt saying much but the guy is freakshow. He is a huge muscle-bound power freak that takes you back to the early days of the UFC and Tank Abbot when people didnt know shit and just wanted to see someone get knocked out.

In this fight, he was getting his ass kicked by the smaller man both in the stand-up and ground as he heavily sucked air trying to feed oxygen to all those muscles. For much of the fight he was trying not to get choked or caught in a joint lock until he landed a grazing reverse punch in just the right place sending Coture to the ground.

Once he went down it was like watching a Crip beating up a Blood with hammer-fists on a corner in Crenshaw. No different than what Kimbo would have done except that Kimbo actually won a fight with technique once - a guillotine choke. 

Wins like that may help to build his reputation and are part of the sport but in reality, they dont mean much. Just like the guy who knocked out Kimbo coming in, in 8 secs with a panicked look on his face.

What does that say about your technique and fight skills that you happen to get your ass handed to you by a much smaller man for most of the fight until you land a grazing off target punch in a sweet spot? Not much. As GSP would say, I'm not impressed.

Can you say Mir-lesnar II?

Remember, Frank never lost the belt. He had to vacate do to a motorcycle accident.

Besides, like in boxing, the most technical, exciting, action packed fights occur at the middle to lower weight classes.

Johnny Storm

• Augustus
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 11:27:33 PM »

BOOYAH!

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 12:22:10 AM »

What a shitty fight. You just knew that Rampage was bound to finally land a good one against Wandy. Who the hell promotes the same fight a third time after the same guy has already destroyed the other guy twice? Wandy should have never taken that fight.

The booyah of the night belonged to Frank Mir. That was a great win for him. They probably stopped it too soon but that didnt take away from his great game plan and execution of it.

Johnny Storm

• Augustus
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 07:41:38 AM »

Nog could barely stand up after the bell.  Hope Mir enjoys the victory because Brock will utterly destroy him.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 11:54:22 AM »

How many times has Nog had his ass handed to him during a fight only to pull out a submission in the end? Some of the other fights they let go a little long when it was obvious the guys were out; i think they should have let this one go a little more. Herb Dean always has a quick trigger for stopping fights.

Im not saying he wasnt justified but this was a title fight with 2 big time professional fighters who know how to protect themselves, so they should have given Nog more time to work a guard or allowed Mir to punch himself out. There would have never been a rope-a-dope Ali fight with Herb Dean.

Some time next year, Brock Lesner will be the only former ufc champion with a losing record. Hulking power will only get you so far.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 1.407 seconds with 41 queries.