ThirdRailForum

• July 21, 2017, 08:57:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GPS'ing vehicles for tax?  (Read 1130 times)

plus minus reset

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
GPS'ing vehicles for tax?
« on: November 13, 2008, 12:14:54 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/02/14/eveningnews/main674120.shtml

What do you think of this? I understand the concept wanting to pay for the roads and people paying less money for gas because they drive hybrids etc being a problem when the money for roads comes from taxes on gas. I also understand people not wanting to be GPS'd. I don't have this problem as I can't imagine getting rid of my turbo until I can't purchase gas anywhere ever.  :lol:

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
Re: GPS'ing vehicles for tax?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 12:42:20 AM »

oh for fucks sake. i got as far as law makers and tax by the mile.

this is complete and utter bullshit. the state and towns get plenty of tax dollars as well as fed monies to keep the roads. i'm getting really tired of these mother fucker politicians and their crooked behaviors and i truly hope we'll see actual change when obama takes office.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 07:31:04 AM »

Are they fucking kidding me right now? Fuck you, I am not going to pay tax by the fucking mile. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 360
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:37:58 AM »

Wow. As if the gas taxes, registration and license fees, speeding tickets they hand out and tolls arent enough to maintain the roads, now they want to tax by the mile. What will they think of next.

If they dont have enough revenue to run things then they can start by getting rid of whoever is in charge and get someone else who can balance a budget. Just like Congress can manage to raise billions of dollars for roads overnight by stopping unnecessary wars and not having convicted felons from Alaska funnel over a billion dollars in the past few years to their home state for pet projects like the Alaska Fisheries Marketing Board where his son serves on.

The same type of idiots who say that a prodigy like Obama will sink the country, turn around and vote for a criminal like Ted Stevens to line his own pockets and fuck things up even more AFTER he was convicted on SEVEN counts of corruption. No wonder why we're in the gutter right now.

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 12:45:35 PM »

The same type of idiots who say that a prodigy like Obama will sink the country, turn around and vote for a criminal like Ted Stevens to line his own pockets and fuck things up even more AFTER he was convicted on SEVEN counts of corruption. No wonder why we're in the gutter right now.

Holy Shit. It just occurred to me just how BAD things are really going to get. We have YET to even see it. I don't think we've even begun to be impacted. Hold onto your seats kiddies.  :sad:

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Your Mom
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 10:56:16 PM »

I don't think that it's going to happen across the board. I think people are a little too smart and will find a way to disable it if they get a car with it on there. I hope lol.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »

Speaking of which, we got gas for $2.31 yesterday. That's in NEW YORK, kids. I was so excited I nearly wet myself.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »

I know right! I paid $2.71/gallon the other day! I almost cried at the pump YAYAYAY

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 06:01:03 PM »

It's sad that this is what it takes to make me happy these days but holy shit already with the price of things. And I just found out today that another one of my social worker friends lost her job. That's three in the last two weeks or so.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 06:20:09 PM »

Read it and weep....$1.75 in NJ. :vc:

What I don't understand is...If the car companies, Ford, Chrysler, GM and who ever else is going bankrupt today...why don't they ask the oil companies for the billions they need (they seem to have made enough fucking profit from us).  I mean....without the car companies, the oil companies are going to be in a tight bind...aren't they?
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008, 12:15:58 AM »

Aw man I'm coming home! haha I was born in Trenton.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 38 queries.