ThirdRailForum

• October 24, 2017, 07:07:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Official: BDSM is good for you health.  (Read 3129 times)

plus minus reset

Cookie MonsterTopic starter

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Official: BDSM is good for you health.
« on: November 17, 2008, 03:26:18 PM »

Contrary to the general assumption that people involved in bondage and discipline and sadomasochism (BDSM) are sexually deficient, a new sex survey has now shows that such people are not damaged or dangerous, and might even be happier than those who practise ?normal? sex.

The study of 20,000 Australians by public health researchers at the University of New South Wales has revealed that two per cent of adult Australians regularly partake in sadomasochism and dominance and submission-type sexual role-play.

The findings suggest that these people do not do so in reaction to sexual abuse or because they are "sexually deficient" in some way.

"Our findings support the idea that bondage and discipline and sadomasochism (BDSM) is simply a sexual interest or subculture attractive to a minority," News.com.au quoted Associate Professor Juliet Richters and her colleagues as writing in the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

The researchers even said that the practice was more common among gay, lesbian and bisexual people, and that participants were more likely to have been more sexually adventurous in other ways.

"However, they were no more likely to have been coerced into sexual activity and were not significantly more likely to be unhappy or anxious," said Prof Richters, author of the book Doing It Down Under.

The findings also suggested that men who took parting in such acts might be happier, as they were found to score significantly lower on a scale of psychological distress than other men.

Though the researchers did not study why that was the case, they suspected that it might simply be that they were more in harmony with themselves because they were into something unusual and are comfortable with that.

Prof Richters said that the findings went against professional views of BDSM.

"People with these sexual interests have long been seen by medicine and the law as, at best, damaged and in need of therapy and, at worst, dangerous and in need of legal regulation," she said.

She also revealed that there was an assumption that those involved in BDSM were sexually deficient in some way, "and need particularly strong stimuli such as being beaten or tied up to become aroused".

She expressed hope that her findings would help change those stereotypes.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3407478.cms

anyone for some health therapy? >:D

:swoon:

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Re: Official: BDSM is good for you health.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 05:22:32 PM »

http://www.thelocal.se/15728/20081117/

7 sexual kinks are to be declassified in sweden from being diseases or mental illnesses.

The other diagnoses which will soon disappear from the disease registry include fetishism, fetishistic transvestitism, sadomasochism, gender identity disorder in youth, and multiple disorders of sexual preferences.

Holm said that the changes emphasize that these behaviours are illnesses in and of themselves, nor are they something perverse.

"These diagnoses are rooted in a time when everything other than the heterosexual missionary position were seen as sexual perversions," he said.

It was 30 years ago when Socialstyrelsen took a similar step in removing homosexuality from Sweden?s list of diagnoses.

I think someone in malmo can now stop pretending to be female now that transvestisism has been struck of the list.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 383
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »

It's only natural and makes sense that if you have a healthy sex life, whether conventional or via stuff like bd/sm, that you will be more well adjusted than say, the Catholic priests with no zipper in their pants who take the unnatural vow to suppress what their hormones drive them to do in order to become celibate. That is, the ones who arent the homosexual pedo freaks looking for pre-adolescent penises to stick in their mouth.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 07:31:31 PM »

lol, what is a "normal sex life"?? 3-7 boring minutes of perfunctory missionary style copulation and maybe some precopulatory head?  :rotf:

using your imagination, acting out fantasies with a willing partner, and entertaining ones fetishes; is essential to switching shit up in the bedroom and a must to keep things exciting and interesting. such behaviors shouldn't ever be construed as unhealthy or deviant- unless of course it involves animals, cadavers, manslaughter, and/or children.  :vc:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 09:23:55 PM »

I see nothing wrong with a little manslaughter between consenting adults. :uhuh:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »

Speaking of torture, my Manfriend built a little machine for an S&M-themed restaurant. It's basically a rack - the person is connected to the floor and the top beam by manacles. The person is pulled to the point where they're on their tippy-toes, while hot wax pours through the top beam onto their naked torso.

They do have the option of being beaten and/or whipped by the house dominatrix while all this is going on.  You can have your steak well-beaten.

And all of the martinis are named after different fetishes.  I advise you to stay away from the scatology martini. :grin:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 05:32:39 PM »

I have provided the above information in an effort to make you all understand why I am the way I am.

And why I have trouble sleeping at night.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 03:08:47 PM »

I dont haVE  trouble sleeping.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 04:55:07 PM »

You don't live with a man who builds racks.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »

you dont have to sleep on a rack.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 10:36:31 PM »

How do you know Per. doesn't sleep on a rack? She might like it.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 02:28:22 AM »

How do you know Per. doesn't sleep on a rack? She might like it.

Didn't we agree not to discuss private things in public? ::)

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 12:06:25 AM »

Well how would I know if you sleep on a rack or not? Maybe its not tight enough and you are getting cranky. Maybe it should tightened up and don't forget the hot wax.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 03:20:29 AM »

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 09:14:31 PM »

Well how would I know if you sleep on a rack or not? Maybe its not tight enough and you are getting cranky. Maybe it should tightened up and don't forget the hot wax.

I don't sleep on a rack; I hang upside down in the fecking closet.

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 02:01:39 PM »

One of the ammusing things is to see if there are clusters of kinksters, a disproportionate number of people for a given area. Just surfing peoples profiles to see where they are from.

Well you would expect to find a lot in New YorK which their is. An even more bizzare lot in California, especially San Fransisco but hrdly any suprises there.

The 2 places in the USA that have thriving fetish scenes out of proportion to their size are Portland and Denver. Especially as I beleive both are midwest bible belt.

Any ideas why?

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 05:34:52 PM »

Once that bedroom door closes the rest of the entire fucking world gets to fuck right off, and good fucking riddance...its now "our world".

There isn't a rule book, if there was it would be flung out of the window, there's no need for a book of rules because there IS only the one rule and thats getting that tricky little fucker right the fuck off in whichever way gets you from A to Z and preferably via B,C,D etc etc

I couldn't give a flying fuck if some folk label it this or that, thats normally a sign that they just ain't "gettin it right" and are pissed off that others are. 

If my lady gets her rocks off by me dressing up as the milkman, busting into the house and demanding her outstanding bill by "any means necessary" then I'm there with a striped cap on armed with two bottles of full cream silver top.  Some may label it "perverted" but why would I give a fuck when I'm the cat that got "the cream"  :lol:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 07:35:11 PM »

Latest "outing" by the tabloid scum

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1980766.ece

"ONE of Britain?s top security advisers trawls the internet to arrange kinky sex sessions with strangers, The Sun can reveal............
..................On the Informed Consent website he reveals a list of clandestine lusts including piercing, cutting, bondage and rough sex."

Ooooh aint he the devil!!!????

Discussion about it here
http://www.informedconsent.co.uk/posts/217109/0

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »

this of course is one of the papers that has topless women on page 3, used to be as young as 16. One had pictures of a girl "on her 16 birthday", hence the pictures were of a minor......

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 08:15:25 PM »

Why do I feel that I've been drawn into a web of iniquity  :snack:

Ah well, been in worse spots  :uhuh:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 39 queries.