ThirdRailForum

• November 17, 2017, 09:25:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obese Have The Right To Two Airline Seats  (Read 1011 times)

plus minus reset

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Obese Have The Right To Two Airline Seats
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »

Are you fucking kidding me? :uhuh:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27827328/

Obese have right to two airline seats, one fare
Supreme Court of Canada rules for those ?functionally disabled by obesity?
updated 4:04 p.m. ET, Thurs., Nov. 20, 2008

OTTAWA - Obese people have the right to two seats for the price of one on flights within Canada, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled on Thursday.

The high court declined to hear an appeal by Canadian airlines of a decision by the Canadian Transportation Agency that people who are "functionally disabled by obesity" deserve to have two seats for one fare.

The airlines had lost an appeal at the Federal Court of Appeal in May and had sought to launch a fresh appeal at the Supreme Court. The court's decision not to hear a new appeal means the one-person-one-fare policy stands.

The appeal had been launched by Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz and WestJet.

I'm sorry, but that's just straight-up bullshit.  :uhuh:

And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
Re: Obese Have The Right To Two Airline Seats
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:24:20 AM »

I am not usually biased by anything- but this pisses me off. If you take up two seats, pay for them please so my fare isn't raised to cover your literal ass.

I understand there are disabled people who have no choice or option, but I believe there should be special seats on each plane for them so they can have their special disabled seats and the rest who do not have an authorized condition can fucking pay for the fact they can't fucking control themselves or take a walk once a day. Jeezus H man what are we coming to?

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 06:10:34 PM »

I read this and thought...WTF.

I travel extensively and have had my share of being squeezed into a window seat while a "weight challenged individual" has taken over the middle seat, and then some...come on already!!!!

If you are obese, please have some consideration with the other passengers who are paying more than their fair share for ONE FUCKING SEAT! 

I can understand being handicapped, but Obese...WTF...stop fucking eating and you won't have this problem!  ::)
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 06:16:33 PM »

Exactly.  I would have no problem with someone who is wheelchair-bound having two seats or something, but holy hell, if you're so effing fat that you can't squeeze yourself into one seat on a plane, maybe you should be at the gym instead of flying in the first place.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 12:17:44 AM »

Man I am so relieved I'm not the only one that feels that way. Thanks guys haha

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 11:33:56 AM »

I know, I was kind of feeling like I should be more sympathetic. :vc:

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 02:57:35 PM »

that shit makes me wanna go kick a fat man in the balls. maybe they should start charging for transportation by the pound like they do freight. or even better charge according to your volumic mass.

and bear in mind im a rather large individual being 6',6" and just over 260lbs, if my ass is too big to fit in a seat i dont sit there and i sure as hell dont think i should have the right to take up TWO seats and not have to pay for the second. that shits just fucking retarded.
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 292
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »

I've got a different take on this.  I'm 6'4" and about 190.  I'm uncomfortable on a plane, at a stadium or on a bus.  Really!  Couldn't they quit trying to cram people in spaces like sardines?  The problem for me isn't paying more since we already pay out the ass, but sitting next to a big person is like sitting in the back seat of a car on the hump in between my two older brothers when I was young. 

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »

6'4 and 190!? my goodness, you sound like you're built like a stop sign!  :rotf:

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 292
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 09:02:22 PM »

6'4 and 190!? my goodness, you sound like you're built like a stop sign!  :rotf:

:goatse:

You hate us because you ain't us, son!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 39 queries.