News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sc-fi  (Read 509 times)

plus minus reset

Cookie MonsterTopic starter

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Sc-fi
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »

Anyone do sci-fi? Any Trekkies?

My favourites have been, Babylon 5, dr Who, above and beyond and RED Dwarf.

All defunct apart from Dr who which may outlive James Bond.

Anyone go to conventions dressed up as Klingons?

Best to read in my view are John Wyndenham, HG Wells and Auther C Clarke.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
Re: Sc-fi
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:34 PM »

The only con I attend is ICON but I don't dress as a klingon. I do have a life

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 03:59:57 AM »

hg wells "the time machine" was/is one of my all time favorite reads/movies ever (for that genre). my ex husband still calls me "weeeena"-yvette mimieux's character in the movie :lol:

i wouldn't say i'm into sci-fi so much. i like the real deal tremendously though.

Cookie MonsterTopic starter

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 04:04:10 AM »

HG Wells invented Sci-fi, dont know if Ive banged on about the history of UK/US sci-fi but there were a COUPLE OF VERY INTERESTING PROgrammes on the bbc analysing it.

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 04:16:19 AM »

i hadn't thought about him being the originator of sci-fi, but i suppose that makes much sense. here is a wiki excerpt about the movie and damnit i never did make a correlation between his story and darwinism, but it that makes sense as well!  :vc:

The Time Machine is a novel by H. G. Wells, first published in 1895 and later directly adapted into at least two feature films of the same name, as well as two television versions, and a large number of comic book adaptations. It indirectly inspired many more works of fiction in all media. This 38,000 word novella is generally credited with the popularization of the concept of time travel using a vehicle that allows an operator to travel purposefully and selectively. The term "time machine", coined by Wells, is now universally used to refer to such a vehicle. It was also inspired by Charles Darwin and On the Origin of Species, which theorizes that humans have evolved from a different species. Wells introduces an early example of the Dying Earth subgenre as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Time_Machine

i suppose sci-fi doesn't hold my interest much because often times it's outlandish which annoys me on some level.

take for instance the most recent "godzilla" flick-the one with matthew broderick. it's from years ago, i know; but i went on a blind date when my ex and i first separated and i sat through that piece of garbage. afterward, the man who took me and i argued about godzilla dropping eggs all over the city and the fact that godzilla couldn't be a "she" because in order to drop eggs that hatched all over the city, the creature would have had to be asexual and there was no prelude involving godzilla knocking boots in the ocean or anything of that nature. hehehehe!!
no, there wasn't a second date and yes, that explains why sci-fi annoys me.  :rotf:

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 36 queries.