ThirdRailForum

• July 26, 2017, 02:47:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: So I'm trading my British passport in for.....  (Read 2213 times)

plus minus reset

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
So I'm trading my British passport in for.....
« on: November 29, 2008, 02:34:51 AM »

....a T-shirt with a fucking target on the back of it.

It was just a matter of time before the Bombay passport pick and mix happened. 

As soon as my cunt government decided to fuck up Iraq I knew that the halcyon days were over.  Over 100,000 miles of personal world travel and never once having to hide my passport for fear of being shot at like a Yank, in fact having a British passport opened doors for me. 

Not any fucking more.  Now it just opens the door to the basement with my fellow war monger Yanks for a spot of AK fabricated head ventilation.

I fucking hate the cunts for sending my country to war but I really detest the fuckers for taking away from my young fellow countrymen and women the pleasure of traveling around the world without fear of being shot for having a tainted bit of paperwork.

As for the whole Bombay thing, thats the new blue print, I'm surprised it took them so long to figure it out, its just a matter of where next.......

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
Re: So I'm trading my British passport in for.....
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 03:00:05 AM »

Yer a Southerner living in the North Ratfink.

You've had that target painted on your back and tainted paperwork ever since you crossed the Watford gap so don't start making out like it's something new.

As for the Indians/Pakis i'll bet you're on first name terms with at least 5 of the local takeaways in your area so don't start tarring the fuckers with the same brush. They're black enough as it stands without you throwing pigmentation into the works  :hammer:
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 03:05:48 AM »

Yer a Southerner living in the North Ratfink.

You've had that target painted on your back and tainted paperwork ever since you crossed the Watford gap so don't start making out like it's something new.

As for the Indians/Pakis i'll bet you're on first name terms with at least 5 of the local takeaways in your area so don't start tarring the fuckers with the same brush. They're black enough as it stands without you throwing pigmentation into the works  :hammer:

Oh how uncouth  :hammer:

Shoulda seen the giggling going on in our cornershop this morning, and the fuckers had run out of room on their chalkboard.

Personally, I reckon that KP could have arranged something a little less drastic to avoid the remaining two one dayers  :wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 03:13:20 AM »

Shoulda seen the giggling going on in our cornershop this morning, and the fuckers had run out of room on their chalkboard.

Pretty much the same as my place, there was a queue for the payphone with all the fuckers with thier "Phone The World" phone cards all smiling at each other knowingly and shaking hands etc. Fuck, they all live in the same house so they probably showered together that morning. I think they may be Black Masons.  :confused:
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 03:23:56 AM »

i love reading "foreign" lingo.  :vc:

proceed.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 03:35:51 AM »

One thing that I could never figure out is what they hell Tony Blair was thinking by sucking up to George Bush and committing Britain to his war? Most of the other shitholes stood to gain hundreds of millions in bribes also known as foreign aid and in Pakistan's case it was billions.

It was so much for Musharraf to stuff into his Swiss bank accounts that he actually went from being the only head of state in the world to recognize the legitimacy of the Taliban government to being one of the U.S.'s top "allies" in the fight to vanquish them. Of course, he was playing both sides to keep the stream of $$$ flowing to himself while feigning action until the Bush administration finally started to catch on but that's a whole another topic for a thread.

The point is that Britain wasnt one of these banana republics who needed to be bribed with foreign aid or who sent a symbolic army of 60 water tower inspectors and translators to the outskirts of Iraq as a sign of moral support for Bush so that he could talk about how many countries there were in the coalition against terror.

No, they actually sent full scale troops and assumed command of southern Iraq. But for what? What did they have to gain from that other than Bush's appreciation? Britain was already our best ally before the invasion. They could have done what Japan, Spain, Germany and many other countries did and sat it out while appearing to be a part of the "coalition".

Looking back at it, there was very little for Blair to gain and a lot of bad consequences that could result (such as India now and the bus/ subway bombings) under a basic cost-benefit analysis. Musharraf got so much cash out of the deal that he actually retried from being a dictator but Blair and Britain really got nothing out of it. It really was a bad decision by Blair to follow Bush's lead.

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 03:39:11 AM »

proceed.

Yeah, the sign in your window offering "French Lessons" would bear testement to that i spose :wink:

Anyway, i thought we were supposed to do serious debate type stuff here and put the world to rights and all that guff?

It's us English who'll fuck it up, by the time you get home from work were already settled into our 2nd litre of cooking sherry and the pipe needs a bloody good clean! How do you expect us to be sensible eh?

Christ you're talking to a nation who ruled the world then gave it all back just to be gentlemanly. Don't ask us to make sense FFS!

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 05:14:45 AM »

Gonna be interesting if the jihadis try to pull that shit in the UK and uSA and as it is probably more likley get "capped "in the US cos of carry and conceal laws. The differing body count will soon send the gun grabbers squealing back under their rocks.

Unless they go banzai in some lefty bolthole like Virginia Tech that bans guns then that wouldn't be all a bad thing.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 05:21:09 AM »

One thing that I could never figure out is what they hell Tony Blair was thinking by sucking up to George Bush and committing Britain to his war?

We didn't go in it for gain we went into it because we beleived it was the right thing to do. Britain is one of the few countries that has moral wars and moral taxation, and quite often plenty of both. Blair a leftwing politician has commited the UK to 3 times as many conflicts as Thatcher. Yugoslavia, afghanistan, liberia, Iraq etc etc. Fuck he even tabled invading Zimbabwe at a cabinet meeting, its something Texans can relate to if for different motives.

Bush isn't particularly rightwing either.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 05:25:23 AM »

proceed.

hahahaha, nothing like Englishers going at each other, it's almost like trying to decipher code.  :snack:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 05:31:49 AM »

We didn't go in it for gain we went into it because we beleived it was the right thing to do.
Who is this "we" you speak of?  Anyone with half a brain (I guess that didn't include Bush) new that Al-Queda was not in Iraq, but stationed out of Saudi Arabia, but then again, invading Saudi Arabia, a known business partner to the Bushes, was not in the agenda as far as Bush and Co was concerned.
Quote from: Cookie Mon
Bush isn't particularly rightwing either.
No, he is just plain stupid!
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 05:32:28 AM »

hahahaha, nothing like Englishers going at each other, it's almost like trying to decipher code.  :snack:

at the rate you monosymblic grunt monkies have devolved the english language it'll only be a feww years before your back living up trees and a couple of decades before you crawl back into the primordial swamp.

Angelica

• Imperator
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 05:36:29 AM »

at the rate you monosymblic grunt monkies have devolved the english language it'll only be a feww years before your back living up trees and a couple of decades before you crawl back into the primordial swamp.
Ahhh, don't talk about Bush that way.  He can't help the fact that he's dimwitted and a Texan... :vc:

*I always wondered how the fuck he graduated from a University...I guess they wanted to get him the fuck out as soon as possible! :rotf:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 05:38:36 AM »

Who is this "we" you speak of?  Anyone with half a brain (I guess that didn't include Bush) new that Al-Queda was not in Iraq, but stationed out of Saudi Arabia, but then again, invading Saudi Arabia, a known business partner to the Bushes, was not in the agenda as far as Bush and Co was concerned. No, he is just plain stupid!

who the fuck cares? Getting a taste of global jihad will help others understand why we had to travel all over the globe and kill lots of people and rule their countries. Yea al-quacker wasn't in Iraq, Iraq was just funding every other terrorist organisation going in the damned middle east. They all are joined at the hip, get the big stick out and like Kaddafi some begin to think what will happen when the redcoats show up. The only reason the jews and arabs wanted the british out of Palestine was so they could start killing each other again. It goes back a hell of a long way, longer than bush was around.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 05:42:01 AM »

Ahhh, don't talk about Bush that way.  He can't help the fact that he's dimwitted and a Texan... :vc:

*I always wondered how the fuck he graduated from a University...I guess they wanted to get him the fuck out as soon as possible! :rotf:

You seem to forget that you clowns elected him twice, look at the 2 retards put up against him?

One has the charisma and conectivity of a rock and the other invented the internet.

Angelica

• Imperator
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:06 AM »

You seem to forget that you clowns elected him twice, look at the 2 retards put up against him?

One has the charisma and conectivity of a rock and the other invented the internet.

What history are you looking at...Gore won that election...Bush was handed the election by the Supreme Court, a court that should not have even looked at this shit, but also by the Florida Election Board, in a state that was run by HIS BROTHER the Governor! 

Okay, getting over that..the next election was all about telling people that their lives were in danger of Al-Queda...he worked on the fear factor.  I was one of the blue stater that didn't believe his shit...it was those Red Staters, those white trash trailer living, southern staters, and states that were populated by sister/brother married folk that believed his crap. 

Say what you will, but ignorant people voted for an ignorant President in 2004!

I say let's have a popular vote election.  This way, all this bullshit will stop...and also all the backroom pandering will be done away with!

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 07:47:09 AM »

One thing that I could never figure out is what they hell Tony Blair was thinking by sucking up to George Bush and committing Britain to his war? Most of the other shitholes stood to gain hundreds of millions in bribes also known as foreign aid and in Pakistan's case it was billions.

It was so much for Musharraf to stuff into his Swiss bank accounts that he actually went from being the only head of state in the world to recognize the legitimacy of the Taliban government to being one of the U.S.'s top "allies" in the fight to vanquish them. Of course, he was playing both sides to keep the stream of $$$ flowing to himself while feigning action until the Bush administration finally started to catch on but that's a whole another topic for a thread.

The point is that Britain wasnt one of these banana republics who needed to be bribed with foreign aid or who sent a symbolic army of 60 water tower inspectors and translators to the outskirts of Iraq as a sign of moral support for Bush so that he could talk about how many countries there were in the coalition against terror.

No, they actually sent full scale troops and assumed command of southern Iraq. But for what? What did they have to gain from that other than Bush's appreciation? Britain was already our best ally before the invasion. They could have done what Japan, Spain, Germany and many other countries did and sat it out while appearing to be a part of the "coalition".

Looking back at it, there was very little for Blair to gain and a lot of bad consequences that could result (such as India now and the bus/ subway bombings) under a basic cost-benefit analysis. Musharraf got so much cash out of the deal that he actually retried from being a dictator but Blair and Britain really got nothing out of it. It really was a bad decision by Blair to follow Bush's lead.

Here is my take on it and it certainly may seem like a very blond opinion;

Either Blair stood to gain financially in someway via the venture capitalism that goes hand in hand with war, much like Cheney did with Halliburton and his privatization of government contracted defense mechanism's-but not specifically to that angle- or he and the rest of Britain fell victim to the same Cacotopic picture Bush painted for us about terrorism.

If you think back to just after 9/11 and the extensive media coverage of Bush vowing to serve up justice on the faction or anyone who aided terrorists that perpetrated such an atrocity on our soil and you compare his actions and behaviors with the ones surrounding the recent "economic crisis", you will notice the same sort of fear and scare tactics were employed. As a matter of fact, I think either Jon Stewart of Olbermann did a side by side comparison and will have to find it later.

I liken the majority of Bush's "reign" as a sort of improvisatory psychological terrorism. Where in order to establish this sort of grasp at a "Hitlerian" mind controlling oligarchy, a whole battery of verbal and visual media tactics were implored to create what Thoreau called "lives of quiet desperation" or from a clinical psychology standpoint "learned helplessness".

I believe he or his cabinet, took a horrific, life changing situation to his/their advantage. While we sat stunned along with the rest of the world, there was an "in" created to escalate and it was used to play off of our "nuclear war" fears and to manipulate us into thinking it was actually okay to declare a war without sufficient evidence.

In order to get us to believe that there was an even more imminent threat to our safety than that of Osama's army killing a couple thousand of Americans, he demonized another ruler to exact revenge on and we bought it hook, line, and sinker. Which may or may not be the case with Blair going along with Bush. 

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »

Ratty, Loon, look at this fuckin stuff ere :sad:

These septics are makin a mockery out of our luverly country! When not one of the twats speaks the Queens lingo anyhow.

If they're not careful i'll be throwing scones at them and then teaching them how to pronounce it  :stir:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 02:12:42 PM »

What history are you looking at...Gore won that election...Bush was handed the election by the Supreme Court, a court that should not have even looked at this shit, but also by the Florida Election Board, in a state that was run by HIS BROTHER the Governor! 

Okay, getting over that..the next election was all about telling people that their lives were in danger of Al-Queda...he worked on the fear factor.  I was one of the blue stater that didn't believe his shit...it was those Red Staters, those white trash trailer living, southern staters, and states that were populated by sister/brother married folk that believed his crap. 

Say what you will, but ignorant people voted for an ignorant President in 2004!

I say let's have a popular vote election.  This way, all this bullshit will stop...and also all the backroom pandering will be done away with!

you both manage to swallow hype and promote a logical fallacy in that post.

As ive pointed out many a time, the flaw in Flawida was the voting machines. The only way anyone would be suspicous if they had already rigged it, which clinton and gore did in 94 by rushing through 1.5million Cubans for citizenship.

The logical fallacy is that if ignorant people elected bush for the second time why wern't the "Better informed" able to persuade the ignorant? Because they were even more ignorant?

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2008, 02:19:54 PM »

BTW

A popular vote system will just encourage political parties to allow in the "right kind of people" to make citizens, which is a potential threat to democracy itself and risks civil war.

For an example of this look at immigration policies in Australia were they have a PR system.

You have to accept that these days most politicians are retarded and they need their powers limited by popular vote etc. PR lists and the reasons above are not the way forward.

Scoundril

Have you seen the third rate colonials try to pronounce Aluminium? They are beyond help.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.501 seconds with 39 queries.