ThirdRailForum

• October 24, 2017, 07:07:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The UK DNA brewhaha  (Read 3443 times)

plus minus reset

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
The UK DNA brewhaha
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:50:41 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/dec/04/law-genetics

So this is how it HAS worked. 

You get pulled in by the old bill, for whatever reason.  Your DNA is taken as a matter of routine just like prints and a mug shot.  It then enters the UK police national data base, one of the largest in the world.

It transpires that you've done absolutely fuck all wrong, you were busted for wearing a loud shirt in a built up area and Officer Trotter discovers that there is no law that you've broken....however, your DNA is not destroyed.

This is what has actually happened in the UK...some particularly nasty crimes have been solved with some of these DNA records that most likely wouldn't have been solved without them.  That possibility will no longer transpire with the European Court's ruling eventually leading to the police being forced to destroy them.

What are your thoughts on this ?

I'm really not into anyones human rights being broken...but...all those future murders that will go unsolved as a result of this...is this the right decision....

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
Re: The UK DNA brewhaha
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 03:11:25 PM »

I think they should put it in a different database labeled - not convicted people. Not only is it a good idea to solve future murders but if something were to happen to you, they could identify who you are through this database.

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »

It's all very Gattica if you ask me, but considering the benefits of keeping such a database, I can't really argue it.

Part of me thinks all DNA should be cataloged for medical purposes. Unfortunately, the likelihood of such a system being abused by whatever faction, are too high.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 383
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 04:26:23 PM »

That's absurd. What's the difference between taking a DNA swab when someone is arrested versus taking their fingerprints, mug shot and personal data?

Lots of people are arrested and never prosecuted yet no one calls for their mug shots and fingerprints to be destroyed from the police records. Equating that to a violation of "human rights" strikes at idiocy.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 04:27:12 PM »

So this is how it HAS worked. 

You get pulled in by the old bill, for whatever reason.  Your DNA is taken as a matter of routine just like prints and a mug shot.  It then enters the UK police national data base, one of the largest in the world.

It was always my understanding that if you weren't charged then your DNA sample was destroyed anyway. i'm damn sure that's what the copper told me anyhow.

Made no odds to me cos i've always been guilty as sin and have been DNA positive as they term it for 15 years.
 :sad:

DNA evidence is only usually used in serious cases so i don't see much of a problem with the police having a record of peoples DNA to help solve nasty crimes and i've got to admit, knowing mine's on record has stopped me murdering a few deserving people over the years  :vc:

BTW, now that the police in the UK use digital imaging for fingerprints and photographs these are all checked on a woldwide database held by the FBI......... Jeez ya can't get away with fuck all nowadays!!
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »

It was always my understanding that if you weren't charged then your DNA sample was destroyed anyway. i'm damn sure that's what the copper told me anyhow.

Made no odds to me cos i've always been guilty as sin and have been DNA positive as they term it for 15 years.
 :sad:

DNA evidence is only usually used in serious cases so i don't see much of a problem with the police having a record of peoples DNA to help solve nasty crimes and i've got to admit, knowing mine's on record has stopped me murdering a few deserving people over the years  :vc:

BTW, now that the police in the UK use digital imaging for fingerprints and photographs these are all checked on a woldwide database held by the FBI......... Jeez ya can't get away with fuck all nowadays!!

nice av you fekking clown!  :vc:

DNA is no different than a fingerprint anyway. If you put yourself in a position for it to be taken and filed by the authorities, then thats your own problem imho.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 210
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 05:05:07 PM »

I dont care, it will solve a lot of paternity suits in the long run, pissing of both feckles males and feminists.

Plod doesn't have my scrappings so I'm free to kill, rape and mug as much as I like as long as I'm not busted.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 06:16:34 PM »

I dont care, it will solve a lot of paternity suits in the long run, pissing of both feckles males and feminists.

Plod doesn't have my scrappings so I'm free to kill, rape and mug as much as I like as long as I'm not busted.

the advantages of keeping everyones DNA in one big database are soooo numerous, but the disadvantages are just as vast. what a shame.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 07:03:22 PM »

Such as?

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 08:23:18 PM »

Such as?

Such as what? The disadvantages? Crooked people with power. Incompetent people with power. Malcontents with power. Need I say more?

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 08:26:41 PM »

Well yes, how exactly are they going to missuse the Data?

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 08:34:12 PM »

To pin crimes on others, to start. Then we get into the whole sci-fi business of controlling natural selection. Haven't you ever seen Gattica!?  :rotf:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 08:45:05 PM »

Controlled natural selection is called Artificial selection. Its been around for 1,000s of years and began with domesticated wheat, then animals. Genetic Modification is just a more accurate way of doing it.

Yes ive seen Gattica, and that is just a Sc-fi movie as intelligence is more dependant on non genetic factors, like upbringing. Its just fiction.

How exactly are people going to pin crimes on people with a DNA database? what movie did you get that idea from?

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 10:31:59 PM »

Controlled natural selection is called Artificial selection. Its been around for 1,000s of years and began with domesticated wheat, then animals. Genetic Modification is just a more accurate way of doing it.

yes, i'm aware. but it hasn't been done with humans...yet.

Yes ive seen Gattica, and that is just a Sc-fi movie as intelligence is more dependant on non genetic factors, like upbringing. Its just fiction.

i disagree, but thats for another thread.

How exactly are people going to pin crimes on people with a DNA database? what movie did you get that idea from?

i didn't really get it from a movie. it's not completely unreasonable to believe that people err alllll the time both unintentionally and intentionally. it's part of being human.
having everyones DNA accessible at the click of a mouse is just opening the door to lots of ways for it to be manipulated.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 07:58:22 AM »

There may be a way to manipulate data, I would like you to name one though. An example?

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2008, 01:51:59 PM »

The problem, in the way that I see it, is that coppers are lazy fat cunts.

If we lived in an ideal world where every single police officer was a dedicated officer of the law who fastidiously did his job then there would be no worries.

The problem is that if you give the cunts a corner to cut in order to get down Dunkin Donuts that bit quicker before you know it its "chocolate dipped all round and one for the Sarge down the copshop"

Heres my concern.....

Geezer...wrongly pulled...dna taken...released uncharged...5 years later...his dna collected at a murder scene when he wasn't the murderer...Officer Bacon..."its all right lads, we've got the bleeder...see you all down Dunkin' in 10"...innocent geezer picking up soap in Wormwood Scrubs for 25 years.

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »

The problem, in the way that I see it, is that coppers are lazy fat cunts.

If we lived in an ideal world where every single police officer was a dedicated officer of the law who fastidiously did his job then there would be no worries.

The problem is that if you give the cunts a corner to cut in order to get down Dunkin Donuts that bit quicker before you know it its "chocolate dipped all round and one for the Sarge down the copshop"

Heres my concern.....

Geezer...wrongly pulled...dna taken...released uncharged...5 years later...his dna collected at a murder scene when he wasn't the murderer...Officer Bacon..."its all right lads, we've got the bleeder...see you all down Dunkin' in 10"...innocent geezer picking up soap in Wormwood Scrubs for 25 years.

ditto, minus that wormwood business and add attica.  :vc:

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 383
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 02:32:49 PM »

lol, only in a fictional book or movie would you see that. I mean, you can say the same thing about fingerprints, can't you?

Once collected and cataloged, the dna exists in data form. There are reports of several markers and sequencing which is what cops keep in a computer database. Just like fingerprints. I dont know if they are discarded but there is no reason to keep the samples after the sequencing is done.

Plus, if they wanted to frame to someone, it's not like a fresh dna sample is hard to get when you have access to a person or their belongings or even a discarded cigarette butt. I dont see how it could be done though. Not when there are so many loose ends that all have to fit. I think this is the natural misconception, mistrust and fear that comes with the ignorance of how a new technology works.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 02:39:31 PM »

I think this is the natural misconception, mistrust and fear that comes with the ignorance of how a new technology works.

So you're trying to say that I'm a techno-luddite  :wheelchair:

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 02:50:37 PM »

lol, only in a fictional book or movie would you see that. I mean, you can say the same thing about fingerprints, can't you?

Once collected and cataloged, the dna exists in data form. There are reports of several markers and sequencing which is what cops keep in a computer database. Just like fingerprints. I dont know if they are discarded but there is no reason to keep the samples after the sequencing is done.

Plus, if they wanted to frame to someone, it's not like a fresh dna sample is hard to get when you have access to a person or their belongings or even a discarded cigarette butt. I dont see how it could be done though. Not when there are so many loose ends that all have to fit. I think this is the natural misconception, mistrust and fear that comes with the ignorance of how a new technology works.

hmmm, this makes me think about that case i discussed with you recently and how my friend was named the father of a child by a woman whom he had never even heard of, then subsequently summoned to submit his DNA and how it put quite a strain on his relationship.(BTW, it wasn't his!!!) i think i remember you telling me that kinda stuff can happen all the time and that he should just go for the test if he had nothing to worry about.

what disturbed me about the whole scenario was that some random crackhead could pick his name out of the air and he had to prove himself innocent. 
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 39 queries.