ThirdRailForum

• August 21, 2017, 03:59:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gun control?  (Read 907 times)

plus minus reset

Cookie MonsterTopic starter

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 195
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Gun control?
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »

In favour or Against?

I'm in favour of gun liberalisation, time the failed ban in the UK was lifted. :hammer:

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
Re: Gun control?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 08:01:46 PM »

honestly i dont really give a shit either way. im sorta torn on the subject. for one i think its pretty important here in the states as if you take away the guns then you take away the peoples ability to change the government by force if necessary. but for some reason i get the nearly irresistible urge to vote FOR gun control just to piss off the rednecks with their 3 G's voting method. God, Guns, and Gays and in that order. damn toothless bible thumping nascar freaks piss me off nearly enough to vote my own freedoms into oblivion.
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:20:55 PM »

I'm w/ D1 on this. I'm too conflicted to say. I think the interpretation of the constitution and the right to bear arms has been poorly embodied and I personally think people kill people- but guns enable them to do so tremendously. However, if I didn't have children and lived alone or in some hood, I would definitely want to own a gun for protection.   

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 09:40:14 PM »

They also enable you to shoot your own self in the thigh when you wear them in your sweatpants to the club. lol.

I'm torn on this one too.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 10:48:16 PM »

Although The US Constitution gives AMericans the right to bare arms doesn't mean a right for all arms. I mean who really needs an M-16 with armor peircing bulllets. Hunting? I wasn't aware the deer were wearing teflon this season and they aren't in the habit of shooting back.

ALthough I lived in country where no one had the right to carry arms the death toll was still pretty high. And I lived in Texas for awhile where you can carry a loaded shotgun in your truck and drink a beer while driving... I was wondering if that correlated to the number of drive bys and bar shootings in Texas. HMMMMMMM

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 11:30:22 PM »

ALthough I lived in country where no one had the right to carry arms the death toll was still pretty high.

what was the mode of death? fire arms?
and what would happen if you were caught with a fire arm?
did the law carry guns? i think i read somewhere that the law doesnt carry fire arms in europe. i really didnt care either way so it didnt resonate with me at the time and i'm too tired to look it up.  :vc:

RizenPhoeniz

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 02:24:30 AM »

Bur-ass shooting himself in the leg is a perfect example of why we shouldn't have a gun ban, I'm all in favor of....

1. a waiting period.
2. a background check
3. a safety course with a pass/fail test.

If Bur-ass had bothered with the 3rd one he might not have Bloomberg looking to put his billionaire foot up his rectum.

Banning guns only means those willing to violate the law will have them. Regulating and promoting gun safety will allow responsible citizens to own firearms. The number of firearm deaths is often tossed about, I wonder what % of those where due to illegal firearms vs. registered gun owners.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 264
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 07:30:36 AM »

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 07:58:55 AM »

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 01:35:32 PM »

BLAHAHA! +1 from me too HAHAHA!!

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 02:27:14 PM »

Its not necessary to ban all guns and in fact impossible to do so. There are so many in the USA now you couldn't actually do it. Although making the sale of some ammo illegal may make it next to impossible to use some.

The sale of hands guns should be the first to go. They have no use but to kill people. That's what they are primarily made for.

The next to go as has already been mentioned is some rifles. Military styled rifles are not used for hunting and serve no purpose other than to kill. 

Banning anything like this will not stop those who really want to get them and use them, but it would go a long way to reducing the violence related to guns. How many deaths are there in the USA every year due to accidental shootings?

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 09:25:13 AM »

I fully agree with you, focusing on the sale of ammunition rather than the actual firearms is an excellent way to reduce gun deaths.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 01:12:24 AM »

I ma glad that Walmart and K mart stopped selling weapons but it took Columbine to do that.At least we have someone to blame

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 01:27:30 AM »

Yeah, blame him. It's not like he can't deal with it.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 43 queries.