ThirdRailForum

• November 17, 2017, 09:41:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Tim Tebow the greatest college QB ever?  (Read 6221 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Is Tim Tebow the greatest college QB ever?
« on: December 06, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »

I think he just may be. It's amazing how special people rise to the top and make things happen.

Watching this guy since high school on ESPN lead his team to the state champion and win the Florida player of the year TWICE and now in college lead his team to the national championship game 2 out of 3 years and win the Heisman Trophy in the other, I can only shake my head in amazement at how far he's come.

I wrote about a year ago at FC that this guy is destined for greatness wherever he plays and I believe that even more strongly a year later. He's a prodigy like Obama. A juggernaut that can't be stopped and that can will others around him to win. The knock on him now is that he won't be a good pro qb but i think he will make those critics eat their words in a couple of years.

Tebow adds to legend in victory

Forget numbers. Tebow is more than that. Joe Montana and Dwight Clark had "The Catch." John Elway had "The Drive." Tebow now has "The Speech."

That heartfelt 45 second apology/guarantee after the Ole Miss loss is now the stuff of legend. Of course, if Tebow didn't help lead Florida to nine straight wins, it would just be a forgotten speech. But this unforgettable player made sure that this time, for the first time, he would lead a team from behind in the fourth quarter to a win.

And not just any win. A win against an undefeated team with a championship coach. All three of his touchdown passes came on third and goal. Field goals were not going to win this SEC championship. He knew it, and under the Alabama pressure and the pressure of the moment, he delivered.

Quarterbacks don't run over linebackers and throw perfect deep fades. They don't throw precision passes after getting hit 25 times. They don't do this on Sundays. Tebow likely would have been great anywhere, but teamed with a certain Hall of Fame coach in Urban Meyer, the combination is unmatched. The once-in-a-generation player running the revolutionary offense they said wouldn't work against the speed of the SEC.

Now it?s those speedy defenses asking, "How do we stop these guys?" and "When does he go pro?" Meyer and Tebow are now treading in waters three years ago that were unthinkable. Are they, not Spurrier and Wuerffel, the greatest coach and player in Florida football history?

I say yes. One more win and there is no debate. Not even from Spurrier and Wuerffel.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/dec/06/david-moulton-there-no-argument----tebow-nations-b/

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Re: Is Tim Tebow the greatest college QB ever?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 12:06:16 AM »

The speech (starting @ 2:20) that people will be talking about for years to come in light of what he did after it.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1815852561&channel=294434710
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »

Who the HELL is Tim Tebow?
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 292
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 05:47:51 PM »

I'm officially a Tebow nuthugger....gotta love this guy.

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 05:49:21 PM »

I might hug his nuts IF I KNEW WHO HE WAS!
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Johnny Storm

• Augustus
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 07:34:39 PM »

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »

(Poll added)

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 09:31:28 PM »

Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas
Dec 6, 11:37 pm EST
By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports

When Tim Tebow does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up; he's pushing the world down.

ATLANTA - The lines were mostly stolen from an old Chuck Norris gag, but they started showing up all over the Web not long after Tim Tebow arrived at Florida and was declared the Superman of college football. Wait, Superman? Scratch that.

Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Tim Tebow laughs at Superman for having a weakness. Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

OK, so Superman is the Tim Tebow of superheroes, or so the Tebowisms say. And perhaps this explains why Superman didn't really have many friends, but Tim Tebow does. When all you do is super things - be faster than a speeding bullet or win Southeastern Conference championships - eventually all the praise becomes, well, a little sickening.

After all, did you hear the CBS broadcast of Tebow and his Florida Gator friends defeating Alabama 31-20 to almost assuredly secure a spot in the BCS Championship next month? There are sororities in Gainesville that gush less over the guy.

Sure Tebow ran for 62 yards, passed for 216 and accounted for three touchdowns, five scoring drives and countless big plays. "Every time [Florida] needed to make a play, Tim Tebow made a play," Alabama coach Nick Saban said.

If you listen to the media talk about this guy though, you'd think he spent his offseason preaching to prisoners. Or hosting a powder puff game not to pick up chicks (too busy for a girlfriend, he says) but raise $10,000 for charity. Or baptizing third world children.

Oh right, he did all of that. Tebow the Baptist. Which isn't even his most, ah, memorable act. One time on a mission in the Philippines he performed some circumcisions. "The first time, it was nerve-racking," Tebow told reporters later. "Hands were shaking a little bit." You think carving up the Crimson Tide secondary is a big deal after that?

When Tim Tebow walks on water, his feet don't get wet. The water gets Tebow'd.

You can lead a horse to water. Tim Tebow can make him drink.

You can try to hate Tebow for being so perfect. Then he does something perfect. Or everything. Only he doesn't think he's perfect. He's humble. Of course, how many times have you heard that about an athlete? Sometimes athletes will even tell you they're humble while speaking in the third person. Tebow says none of this. Saturday he repeatedly brushed off suggestions that he was the critical reason UF won the game. He didn't want to discuss how he engineered the offense even with star receiver Percy Harvin out due to injury.

Instead he thanked the Lord, his parents, his coaches and the Gator fans. Mostly though, he talked about his teammates - "great group of guys" he said more than once. That's all well and good, but here's the proof that Tebow is, indeed, legitimate. You know that circumcising the baby in the Philippines story? He didn't even tell his teammates about it. Some found out from the media, others didn't know about it at all. To Tebow, it wasn't worth mentioning. "That's the first I've heard of it," said receiver David Nelson, laughing. "I knew he went to the Philippines. What did he do? He uncircumcised some kid?"

Actually, it only works one way. Although, this is Tim Tebow we're talking about. Essentially Tebow gets more than his share of attention, yet his teammates don't seem to mind. They actually heap more praise on him. It's perhaps the greatest testament to him. "He's just a one of a kind guy," Nelson said. "It's not about him, it's about other people. It's an honor to play on the same football field with him."

See, this is why everyone speaks glowingly about Tebow. You try writing a column about him. In fact, don't try writing it, try imagining what he would write and then copy that.

Tim Tebow doesn't actually write columns, the words assemble themselves out of fear.

So what would they say about the fourth quarter, when UF trailed 20-17, Alabama had all the momentum and he promptly led the Gators on two clutch touchdown drives to win the game?

"That fourth quarter was vintage Tim Tebow," is what Urban Meyer said. "I don't know the entire history of the University of Florida but I can imagine that fourth quarter will go down as one of the greatest ever." "I just wanted to find some way that this team could get a victory," Tebow said.

What's the worst thing you can say about Tim Tebow? He didn't get a Rhodes Scholarship. Florida isn't playing in the Champs Sports Bowl though.

You don't hit Tim Tebow. Tim Tebow hits you.

Don't think Tebow is all hearts and flowers. He might spend a lot of time considering "what would Jesus do" off the field but on it he's straight Old Testament. With Harvin out, the Gators' offense was fairly conservative and there were stretches that mostly consisted of snapping to Tebow and seeing who he could hit.

At 6-foot-3, 240 pounds, Tebow is like no other running quarterback. While he occasionally gets shifty, he clearly prefers lowering a shoulder and hammering someone. He makes linebackers nervous and collarbones crack. Last week, after Tebow manhandled Florida State, Bobby Bowden compared him to Bronko Nagurski. Bronko was a defensive tackle and fullback at Minnesota in the 1920s.

He's also credited as the subject of the old joke that a coach, lost while recruiting another player, drove by the Nagurski farm to find Bronko plowing the field. He asked where he could find the other kid and Bronko lifted the plow up and pointed the way. The coach signed Bronko on the spot.

Tim Tebow is the not the Bronko Nagurski of 2008. He wouldn't need a plow to turn a field. He'd do it by hand.

When Tim Tebow holds the Heisman, it puts down its stiff arm.

Tebow won the Heisman Trophy last year as a sophomore. The Gators finished just 9-4 though. Tebow wasn't as vocal of a leader as he is now, according to his coach. He also wasn't as good of a passer. "They scored two touchdowns, man, we had them covered about as well as you can cover them," Saban said wistfully. "That ball is in a small space." "I had a lot of help from our receivers," Tebow countered.

Despite all of this, he might not repeat as the Heisman winner. One of the quarterbacks in the Big 12 might beat him out. They've put up incredible numbers and won lots of games also. That usually impresses voters. Tebow's numbers aren't as good.

Tebow doesn't mind. It's all about the team, naturally. If there were a reason he should win the Heisman again, it isn't his stats but his speech after the Gators' lone loss of the season. He stood in front of the media (and later his teammates), took 100 percent of the blame, apologized and then made a promise. "You have never seen any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of this season and you'll never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of this season, and you'll never see a team play harder than we will the rest of this season," he said.

Sure enough, he lived up to his word. Florida hasn't lost since. Now it's all about winning the BCS Championship.

Forget the Heisman, Tim Tebow will spend every waking hour preparing for Oklahoma.

Tim Tebow does not sleep. He waits.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=An5utvVqt7pvhhm36tlq0QgcvrYF?slug=dw-tebow120608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Johnny Storm

• Augustus
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 05:54:53 AM »

LOL@"Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas"

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 12:10:34 AM »

The legend of Tim Tebow continues to grow. The only thing im disappointed in is that the crowd didnt shout S-E-C, S-E-C to annoy Gwion.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »

His missus has got a massive pair of tits  :confused:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 01:17:48 AM »

I dont know about that but this was the best sign of the night..

:rotf:

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 01:27:45 AM »

I dont know about that.....

Now you do........

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 02:25:56 PM »

Wow, now i see what you mean.

LMAO, the tributes just keep on coming. I think she's in this video too..

If he stays in school and wins another championship next year, he will officially have become the closest thing there is to the real life personification of the Chuck Norris memes. 

"The only thing that can destroy Tim Tebow is another Tim Tebow."

Johnny Storm

• Augustus
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »

Awesome!  I've got to find some of the pics in that YouTube.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »

Looks like Hershal Walker's SEC rushing TD record is going to be history after all.

I'll Be Back...

The chances of the Florida Gators winning their third national title in four years just improved dramatically.

Quarterback Tim Tebow, already being called one of the greatest players in college football history by some, announced Sunday that he will be returning to Gainesville for his senior season.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner revealed his decision at the end of a short speech during Florida's national championship celebration.

"Oh by the way, one more thing," Tebow said. "Let's do it again. I'm coming back.

"I've felt attached to this place and wanted to be loyal. I wanted to walk what I say."

Gotta love him just for turning down the millions in endorsements and for playing pro just to play for the love of the game and to rep his university.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 05:52:59 PM »

Gotta love him just for turning down the millions in endorsements and for playing pro just to play for the love of the game and to rep his university.

So how does that work ?  20+ years of NFL knowledge here but I know fuck all about college ball.  Do they get paid. I assume that the crowds pay in and that teams get sponsorship etc

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 06:32:11 PM »

So how does that work ?  20+ years of NFL knowledge here but I know fuck all about college ball.  Do they get paid. I assume that the crowds pay in and that teams get sponsorship etc

It's a scandal. Probably the biggest exploitation of a group in the U.S. and no one says anything about it. Basically, everyone involved with college football makes money - except the players. It's like amateur sports but it's really not. Especially considering what amateur sports has become these days.

The schools, the tv networks, the bowl games, the coaches and athletic directors, the sponsors, the people that sell popcorn in the stadiums, radio networks and even Yahoo all make money. The players only get a scholarship, room and board.

There are Draconian rules and consequences against accepting anything of value, even a pair of shoes. Any player who does loses their eligibility to play and the school may be placed on probation which would cost it millions of dollars by not being able to appear on TV among other things. Remember, many of these kids are dirt poor to begin with so the temptation to accept something of value offered to them is great.

Im sure Torch can tell you better than i can about the system.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 03:27:51 PM »

Timmmayhhh..

Ker-razy stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.677 seconds with 37 queries.