ThirdRailForum

• July 21, 2017, 08:44:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 million jobs in 6 months  (Read 832 times)

plus minus reset

RizenPhoenizTopic starter

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
2 million jobs in 6 months
« on: December 07, 2008, 02:30:58 AM »

There are 66 billion dollars worth of infrastructure projects already planned by the states that can be started within the next 6 months if they had the funding for them. It was said(on cnn) that this would create 2 million new jobs directly.

Sounds like a more productive use of our money then the wall street bail out. What do u think?

cereal killer

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • cereal killer probably just rolled in here.
Re: 2 million jobs in 6 months
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 05:07:51 AM »

We (so.west fla) have been hit particularly hard by the housing bubble burst. Abandoned houses everywhere,lawns growing as high as corn,the city and county can`t keep up. My city has an ambitious sewer and water project that has been scrapped midstream,causing major traffic problems as well as dangerous road conditions.The city, a generally republican stronghold has already applied for assistance.

Yeah I think it would be great.

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 05:44:48 AM »

i'm wondering why after 2.5 months have passed since Ike hit, there is still 30 miles of debris along the gulf coast??  :confused:

30-mile debris pile becomes symbol of FEMA delays

SMITH POINT, Texas ? A 30-mile scar of debris along the Texas coast stands as a festering testament to what state and local officials say is FEMA's sluggish response to the 2008 hurricane season.

Two and a half months after Hurricane Ike blasted the shoreline, alligators and snakes crawl over vast piles of shattered building materials, lawn furniture, trees, boats, tanks of butane and other hazardous substances, thousands of animal carcasses, perhaps even the corpses of people killed by the storm.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/28024433#28024433

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 249
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 07:23:29 AM »

i'm wondering why after 2.5 months have passed since Ike hit, there is still 30 miles of debris along the gulf coast??  :confused:

Because the Gulf Coast is nothing more than a big toilet bowl rim. 

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 08:00:48 AM »

Because the Gulf Coast is nothing more than a big toilet bowl rim.

lol, that's still no reason to leave carcasses milling about. thats how disease festers, then spreads.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 08:41:33 AM »

There are 66 billion dollars worth of infrastructure projects already planned by the states that can be started within the next 6 months if they had the funding for them. It was said(on cnn) that this would create 2 million new jobs directly.

Sounds like a more productive use of our money then the wall street bail out. What do u think?

The Governor of NJ has raised tolls on the Interstate for this reason (not a popular stand).  We are one of the most traveled state in the US.  Why shouldn't we use toll money for infrastructure?  It beats using tax dollars for it. 
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 249
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 10:00:24 AM »

The Governor of NJ has raised tolls on the Interstate for this reason (not a popular stand).  We are one of the most traveled state in the US.  Why shouldn't we use toll money for infrastructure?  It beats using tax dollars for it.

Works for Florida...and they have no state income tax. 

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 04:10:32 PM »

Re.: RP's original post, I think it's an excellent idea. I also, for some reason, color me cynical, don't think it's going to happen.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 41 queries.