ThirdRailForum

• October 23, 2017, 08:20:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Greatest Deception in the History of the World Summed Up in 3 Points  (Read 1239 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 383
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people

1. Convince people that there is a supreme all-powerful supernatural being who created the universe and watches over everything you do and that he has a set of strict rules by which he wants you to live your life.

2. Convince people that you have a special connection to this supernatural being. That you are his self-appointed ambassador. You have intimate knowledge of his thoughts and writings and are his de facto PR agent. This may be accentuated to the prospective followers by wearing funny robes, capes and head dressing.

You will point out that you have a two-way line of communication with the supernatural being and that he talks directly to you while everyone else merely has a one-way line of communication with him consisting of some sort of ritual whereby they close their eyes and send telepathic thoughts to him.

You are in a better position to speak to him than most everyone else. He prefers to speak through a few select representatives rather than to the entire world at the same time and you are one of the chosen ones to spread his word to the billions of people on the world he created who still don't buy into him.

3. Convince people that due to your intimate connection to the supreme being and intimate knowledge of his wishes, they should listen to what YOU say. As the voice of the supreme supernatural being, they should do exactly as you pontificate in your sermons and live their lives according to the word of the supreme being via YOU. YOUR word is the supernatural being's word!

If that means that you think they should strap a bomb vest onto themselves and blow themselves up in a crowded bus in a martyrdom operation, then so be it. It is the supreme being's wishes according to you so no one should question it. Especially if you are wearing an ancient robe and a holy hat. You tell them that the being will be very pleased and that they will be rewarded by living forever in paradise with virgins as an incentive.

If that means that you think that people should not use birth control, then so be it. You make sure to warn them about it being against the supreme being's wishes and how they will suffer and burn in some yet undetected place called hell for eternity because they pissed the big guy off. (Make sure to put the fear of the supreme being's power in their head first by citing specific example of things the followers can relate to such as fire, snakes and torture or else this won't be very effective.)

Of course, the best part of all is that this will also give you a carte blanche to ask for money from your followers and not have to pay any government taxes so you will be all set for life. Just say something to your followers like whatever you give to me, the supreme being will multiply and give back to you and you'll be swimming in cash and spending money on Vegas hookers in no time at all. Who wants to wait to die to live in paradise anyways?

No matter what it is that you want people to do or follow, you just simply tell them how he came and spoke to you about whatever it is. You can also rely on your interpretations of ancient scripture that few understand to get the word across. Especially if most of your followers come from third world countries and are functionally illiterate. After all, nothing says "you matter and are important" more than having a direct, personal 2-way relationship with the creator of the universe.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

RizenPhoeniz

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
Re: The Greatest Deception in the History of the World Summed Up in 3 Points
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 12:44:11 AM »

can I add one more point?

4. Convince people that no matter how little they have or how much they are taken advantage of they should be happy with what they have and accept that their hardships are merely trials to determine if they are worthy of being with the supreme being in the afterlife

This point is important to the religious con artists because it makes them valuable to the powerful and greedy as tool to suppress the masses and keep them in line. Take for instance the "values" voters unwavering support for the retarded occupant of the oval office over the last 8 years. After having it beat into their underdeveloped heads that as long as fags can't marry and women have no say over their bodies that god will bless their imbred families. Never mind killing hundreds of thousands of people in a war over a lie or driving the economy off a cliff. As long as the invisible man is okay Goober can go to the monster truck rally on sunday and watch grown men fondle each other while wearing tights on monday nights in peace.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »

Both of you make Baby Jesus sad.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:12:34 PM »

Use said being to deny the relevance of all other said beings, provide no evidence or logical reasoning for this but instead prey on the fears and or avarice of potential converts. Marginalise any balanced and tolerant system and replace it with tyranny and fear.
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

Violator

• Net.G()D...Scourge of the Apple IIE
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Violator probably just rolled in here.
  • Part of the International Oatmeal Conspiracy
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »

To add to that, Religion has been instrumental in almost every global war in our long and bloody history on this planet.

Nice post Brain
\/ i () | /\ t () r-Elite Commando Procrastinator, trained in Deadly Arts of Coffee Breaks and Assassin Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation. The worlds First and only Inactivist of the Radical Status Quo. Re-animated Hypothetical Carnivore Phalanx of the Undead.

ritzy

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ritzy probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 07:31:08 PM »

Both of you make Baby Jesus sad.
but baby jesus was the first one

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 11:45:39 AM »

My favorite quote concerning religion for those who have not shared a forum with me up to this point:

"Religion is like a lift in your shoe; it's good when you need it.  Don't make me wear your shoes if I don't want to and, let's not go nailing lifts onto the natives' feet!"
George Carlin

double helix

• down and out
  • Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • double helix probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 04:37:39 PM »

I'm stunned! Shocked! Speechless! A whole group of people who comprehend the devious illusion of organized religion and futility of believing in the all loving/caring/benevolent higher power!  :snack:

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 05:37:24 PM »

Yep. Problem I have right now is one of my kids constantly bringing it up and saying they want to go to church. He just put a picture of freakin Jesus on a cross for his desktop background. I can debate about why religion is a crock of shit all day, but explaining to a child that it's ridiculous when the kids at school are telling him otherwise is rough!

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 06:17:47 PM »

Just tell him Jesus says xbox is a sin....

-Michael Parenti

V-Agent

• Agitator
  • Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Awards: 200 Reply Thread - Where the Wild Things Roam200 Reply Thread - Flametown, and why it's raining Homos100 Reply Thread - Flametown, and why it's raining Homos100 Reply Thread - Where the Wild Things Roam
  • Those little grey cells
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 07:05:25 PM »

I can sum it up with one word: Banks.

Beat that.

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 07:13:25 PM »

I can sum it up with one word: Banks.

Beat that.

Taxes

V-Agent

• Agitator
  • Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.V-Agent is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Awards: 200 Reply Thread - Where the Wild Things Roam200 Reply Thread - Flametown, and why it's raining Homos100 Reply Thread - Flametown, and why it's raining Homos100 Reply Thread - Where the Wild Things Roam
  • Those little grey cells

Violator

• Net.G()D...Scourge of the Apple IIE
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Violator probably just rolled in here.
  • Part of the International Oatmeal Conspiracy
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 12:21:13 PM »

Yep. Problem I have right now is one of my kids constantly bringing it up and saying they want to go to church. He just put a picture of freakin Jesus on a cross for his desktop background. I can debate about why religion is a crock of shit all day, but explaining to a child that it's ridiculous when the kids at school are telling him otherwise is rough!
The problem here is that if you try and tell your child NO, that religion is wrong, bad, not true, ETC...

You'll get the opposite of what you want for your child.

As a parent you have to understand and accept, and to an extent welcome the fact that your child is thinking and trying different things.  While your child is your child, remember that your child is NOT you.  My mother went from drug using hippie until I was 4 and then pulled the 180 and became a religious person.  While her turnaround was wonderful, she couldn't accept or understand why I didn't follow suit.  It wasn't till much later that she could see she was blinded by her love for me, and her wanting me NOT to have to go thru my own shit in life. 

IMO, let your child explore and go thru what they need to go thru.  Encourage your child to seek out all that stimulates the mind, and be willing to sit and discuss(openly and without bias)anything and everything under the sun.  I don't particularly care for religion or church, but my kids like it, they like to go and do the fun things and they like the stories.  I talk with them and discuss what the stories mean and about God, Jesus and the like.

I also don't hesitate to talk with them about why I don't go, what I believe, what I have passions about and what makes my mind tick.  To each their own, but simply because you as a parent believe something doesn't mean it will have the same meaning for others including your own children.

\/ i () | /\ t () r-Elite Commando Procrastinator, trained in Deadly Arts of Coffee Breaks and Assassin Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation. The worlds First and only Inactivist of the Radical Status Quo. Re-animated Hypothetical Carnivore Phalanx of the Undead.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 06:53:11 PM »

My mother went from drug using hippie until I was 4 and then pulled the 180 and became a religious person.  While her turnaround was wonderful, she couldn't accept or understand why I didn't follow suit.

You were a drug using hippie from the time you were 4???

Respec  :wink:

Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 383
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 07:27:18 PM »

I agree with Violator - let children come to their own conclusions, just don't propagate the brain washing that most parents do when it comes to religion and expose them to different concepts.

If I had kids, i would explain to them that there are over 30,000 religions in the world and each one vehemently thinks that their version of supernatural worship is the right one and all the others are wrong. I would suggest that they study at least a few to get more of a perspective than from just one.

It just so happens that the religion of parents and the country they are living in will go a long way into determining what kids believe in by default without any consideration of the other 30,000 religions which cannot agree or form anything close to universal consensus on their view of the world. Which one is right? They can't all be.

Then of course, I would tell them that there is also a set of ideals which are not passed on by attendance of any churches or mosques or synagogues or temples and doesnt rely on brainwashing people to 'convert' them.

Thus, you won't find people in street corners handing out pamphlets or going door to door to promote it or asking for money in the name of it; nor will you be peppered with dire consequences of what will happen to you if you dont subscribe to it because those who do don't care about what you believe as long as you leave them alone - antitheism.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »

If I had children then religioun is something I would try to shield them from. Individual spirituality is the key to the equation, not what robes you wear when you are expressing it.

If I could impart that to my (theoretical) children then I would be content.

I wouldn't directly hinder their interest in a religion but I would certainly point out the iniquities or religious authorities and they way they corrupt and manipulate human faith for their own ends.

This might seem a little closed minded to some but I wouldn't let my kids play on the highway either.

-Michael Parenti

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 08:30:10 PM »

All very good suggestions thanks!

I have been letting him read what he wants and believe what he wants but I didn't think about having him check out different religions so he can see the differences and decide for himself. I will do that. All the while I will be cringing lol. I think it's the people who ruined religion for me - from the way some tell others how to be but preach to not judge, to the psychotic people who truly believe they are mking a difference by suicide bombing, beheading, or believing women should not be heard, every religion I have learned about and every international hardship I read about that is based off of religion has had the most negative aspects. I can't imagine intelligent people would continue to go with it after millions of years. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.414 seconds with 46 queries.