ThirdRailForum

• July 28, 2017, 04:41:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Down

Author Topic: Flametown : past it's used by date?  (Read 28980 times)

plus minus reset

KingChileTopic starter

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • KingChile probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Projectile Vomit vs Caskur voting100+ Reply Thread - Flametown : past it's used by date?
Flametown : past it's used by date?
« on: December 12, 2008, 07:19:50 PM »

Personally, I am pretty much over it. I've come to realise that things seem to be going downhill and for me I don't find it fun anymore. I've been flaming online in some form or another since the internet started and now (though I've known it for for a while) I have no interest anymore.

Maybe flaming as a fun timewasting hobby is alive and kicking. Maybe I am the only one past his use by date. I think though that flaming is genunely in decline by the drop in attendance and quality posts as well as the rate of no shows in organised matches. I think I'm not the only one who was sticking around going through the motions. Maybe I am just one of the the few who decided to cut the bullshit and get out.

"Flametown." Is it alive and kicking or long past it's used by date?

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
Re: Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:28:31 PM »

Personally, I am pretty much over it.

Bye!
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 07:35:54 PM »

It may gee up a bit in time, i will satill vist f4$. I think FC is finished. To many bitchy females posting pi, being petty and unfunny as fuck.

Poofer has never been funny, ur droll and pucifyer are occaisional gems and thats about it, buried in a pile of caskur cack,osama spam, and waps tedium matched by siamesse twin temple.

KingChileTopic starter

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Projectile Vomit vs Caskur voting100+ Reply Thread - Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 07:56:16 PM »

Bye!

I'm not leaving this site...this is not part of FT, it's a debate forum. I just won't be wasting any more time over there for the time being.

You post on the flame sites obviously. Out of interest, what's your handle over there?

KingChileTopic starter

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:58:15 PM »

It may gee up a bit in time, i will satill vist f4$. I think FC is finished. To many bitchy females posting pi, being petty and unfunny as fuck.

Poofer has never been funny, ur droll and pucifyer are occaisional gems and thats about it, buried in a pile of caskur cack,osama spam, and waps tedium matched by siamesse twin temple.

I'm probably going to lurk occasionally. There are a small handful of posters that I still find entertaining.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 08:01:53 PM »

I think Angelica is AW but i'm throwing around accusations untill I get one right.

Were did Dani go? did her constent intellectual humiliations at my hands and offalgate finally scare the poor soul of?

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 08:20:48 PM »

I think Angelica is AW but i'm throwing around accusations untill I get one right.
bite your tongue, I'm not as caustic... :hammer:

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Angelica

• Imperator
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 08:23:43 PM »

You post on the flame sites obviously. Out of interest, what's your handle over there?
Not at all, I'm a lurker, with a stealth comment approach...

Telling someone they are homos, and their Mom's a nympho who sucks cock is not my style... :vc:

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »

I have some strong opinions about this which i have expressed throughout the last year and which of course, is why we started this place.

Let me ask you all a question - even if there were exponentially much better talent than there is right now, would that make any difference? Don't you get tired of reading the same humorless crap from the same people day after day? The same feuds, the same line of attacks, the same lines, the same variations of words like "tard", the same style of witless ramblings?

Earlier this year, I posted about a dozen quotes from Poofer and Pickles spanning about 2 years with virtually the same fucking content in each one about traffic as some sort of flame on someone. Looking at a couple of threads by Pickles at FC right now, I can see that not much has changed.  If that's the type of stuff that you like to read, then more power to you but for me, it aint happening anymore.

I have seen a few people speculate that I left that scene because of this person or that person but the truth is that I didnt leave because of anyone in particular. I left because I was profoundly sick of the entire scene. The petty bickering over a mountain of stupid shit being passed as flames by so many idiots, eventually it gets to the point of diminishing returns where EVEN IF you have 10 SoG's or Ruthless1's posting at the same forum, it's not worth sorting through the rest of the pointless tripe. 

There will always be small audience for that kind of bickering and contrived feuds, i think but to me i've come to realize that it's an intellectual dead end. I would much rather be put to the test here or somewhere else, over something of substance which I express and be forced to defend my position than to listen to dozens of dumbshits emanating from a black hole of intellectual entropy try to "flame" me over things like forum traffic or who should be a reg.

Having said that, there are still people there which I will always enjoy reading like SoG and Cardy but not to point of me hanging around and posting there just to keep up with them. Im glad that Murat, Scoundrel and a couple of others who i enjoy also post here.

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »

Were did Dani go? did her constent intellectual humiliations at my hands and offalgate finally scare the poor soul of?

I think she's pissed at me for some reason so she's taking a "break".  :huh:

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 10:16:50 PM »

I think she's pissed at me for some reason so she's taking a "break".  :huh:

Scratch that, she's pissed off at this entire board and I dont think she's coming back. At least that's what she told me. OH well...  :sigh:

I hope you find happiness, Dani.

:mime:

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 11:02:27 PM »

ive just never understood the "flame for the sake of flaming" approach that the posters of flametown take. seems pretty pointless and one hell of a waste of some damn good material. as far as im concerned flames are something that should be utilized under certain circumstances and are tools that allow those who are versed in their use to augment their arguments rather than BEING their arguments. most of what i saw in flametown over the past two years is really nothing but baseless bullshit insults that remind me of the 5th grade with a bit of verbal flair thrown in for good measure.

[edit] oh, and who is dani? O.o
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 11:15:49 PM »

Dani is princess of pt. Apparently she thinks that there is too much flametown bullshit HERE for her own good.

KingChileTopic starter

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 12:38:01 AM »

I used to find flaming one of the funniest hobbies around. I'd be at work or school and a line or two from the previous night's activities would pop into my head. Maybe the problem is keeping things fresh. Calling someone a fag on the internet is not quite as funny as it was when first starting out...the shock value is gone and now it's generally the same old lines and themes changed around a bit. In the beginning for me my flames were all about "I'm sticking my cock up your arse...you're a faggot...hahaha" then I started saying it with faeces and then moved on to chops and animations. Somewhere along the line I got bored. Another thing that I find interesting is this imaginary hierarchy...people get regged then stop trying. This imaginary status is bullshit. The only thing being regged signifies is public recognition of the fact that a certain particular poster get less fresh air than everybody else...just look at the postcounts of people who are regged.The interboard dramas is stupid but serves a purpose sometimes I suppose. I reached the point where I said to myself "you are putting in all this time and effort for what? Why don't you find something better to do with your free time?". Bickering over nothing is a real waste of time and I eventually came to the conclusion of "this is not fun for me anymore, fuck this".

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 01:17:57 AM »

Dani is princess of pt. Apparently she thinks that there is too much flametown bullshit HERE for her own good.

that... sucks. like, seriously. :(

and how can she be pissed at the entire board? hrm. thats a grievous loss BRA1N. you sure you cant reel her back in?
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:42:05 AM »

[email protected] / Caged Rage...[email protected]..[email protected] Champs

I was never anything more than a cunt sat on the wall of flametown watching fuckers on behalf of my "home forum", Rant Rave, after we got "raided" by BH in spring 2005..subsequent to that we had a regular supply of nyuck nyuck BH teens calling us gay, getting slapped around and fucking off quick smart to the point where they knew that they were on a hiding to nothing and fucked off completely....job done...

I was lucky enough to have signed into lametown JUST after its peak and on the downslide to it stewing in its own failed juices....2005

I say "lucky" because I got to see some of the most brilliant writers that I have ever seen on the vitriol side of the interwobble.  I could reel out a list of names but I don't need to cos cunts like Cookie, KingChile and Brian know exactly who I'm talking about but I will namedrop one fucker who rang out the death knell of FT, almost like Nero fiddling as Rome burned...Oranje.

That cunt cracked me the fuck up, the vicious, nasty, funny as fuck, faux Dutch, arrogant, jew hating, bitter twisted, self loathing, scroll bombing, pit bull bell hop son of a twat...innit.

Its not like flaming was any less sad and pitiful then as it is now but at least back then there was a certain amount of style that almost justified the 2 hour waste of your life in reading a thread war.

Its died in fucking ass since then.

You could almost "feel" the old school flamers yearning to pass the flame baton on to the next up and coming generation of textual rapists if for no other reason than "a bit of sport" and to break the tard tedium only to find dickheads like V-Agina desperately grabbing at it in a "I pwwwnzz yuo with my page long bore-a-tribe" style....the "young bucks" never came through....

I almost feel sorry for the small band of decrepit old flamers that are still trying to breath life into the lifeless corpse that is lametown.  They remind me of grandpa at the family Christmas gathering, you've got to give the old cunt a degree of respect but its hard not to laugh at the silly old twat with his "war stories"

:wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 10:08:22 AM »

Its set up all wrong.

When you have shit like ribbons,karma,stars etc it appeals to petty people with narcassistic personality disorders, the power ratings at FC are fucking laughable. Worse still elite groups, or regs, are run on patronage and fucking arse kissing. When you have deadbeats like dumbngay who ban people they fear or WAP who dont ban people they need to get rid of it just fucking plummets.

I know some of you found swede amusing but she would tard up a slow but quality board with her bullshit overnight, same goes for Caskur and a few others. As bra1n said peopl dont want to read pages of boring, very few caN TURN OUT A POST of over a 1000 words THAT IS CONSISTENTLY FUNNY OF THE TOP OF THERE HEAD.

A few years ago the top ten or so at f4$ could slaughter ANYONE,  Hankins could murder anyone as a reflex action(funnily my record against him is 2 wins and 2 draws)this isn't a loyalty thing I go to where the funny is and there wasn't a lot at fc bar matchs way back and virtually bugger all at BH. WC has its good points and even Shitra can rise above dross on occaision.

I may be busy in a few days for a few weeks but ill still be about.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »

I used to find flaming one of the funniest hobbies around. I'd be at work or school and a line or two from the previous night's activities would pop into my head. Maybe the problem is keeping things fresh. Calling someone a fag on the internet is not quite as funny as it was when first starting out...the shock value is gone and now it's generally the same old lines and themes changed around a bit. In the beginning for me my flames were all about "I'm sticking my cock up your arse...you're a faggot...hahaha" then I started saying it with faeces and then moved on to chops and animations. Somewhere along the line I got bored. Another thing that I find interesting is this imaginary hierarchy...people get regged then stop trying. This imaginary status is bullshit. The only thing being regged signifies is public recognition of the fact that a certain particular poster get less fresh air than everybody else...just look at the postcounts of people who are regged.The interboard dramas is stupid but serves a purpose sometimes I suppose. I reached the point where I said to myself "you are putting in all this time and effort for what? Why don't you find something better to do with your free time?". Bickering over nothing is a real waste of time and I eventually came to the conclusion of "this is not fun for me anymore, fuck this".

I totally agree with that. I always tried to make a point that regs at FC wasn't some faux hierarchy elite thing, it was merely a reward for loyal, regular posters who helped the board go but to this day many people dont understand that. I would NEVER lower myself to the point of seeking affirmation and acceptance from a bunch of insecure net geeks by being inducted into their net domination posse. To me nothing says "I am a sheep" more than that.

Granted, there's always going to be more insecure followers than leaders; more Indians than Indian Chiefs; more kool aid drinkers than someone like Jim Jones handing out the cups by the punch bowl. That whole elite reg concept and people who think their status in it means something positive is about the most pathetic thing I have seen online.

Reg acceptance and interboard drama might have a place if youre 13 or 12 and seeking an identity for yourself but to see 30, 40 and 50 year old gray haired and balding adults who have kids and maybe even grand kids, parading around with flaming skulls and bragging about how much badder their board is at other boards is truly remarkable for the wrong reasons.

People on the outside who aren't caught up look at that and shake their heads. I think flametown and the antics there is like a cult where the people in it don't realize how stupid most of the things going there really are. Ominous sounding threads with titles like "[Poster X], Time to Die" should be a warning as to the level of juvenile frivolity that takes place there.

Somewhere along the line the simple concept of funny, witty and cutting insults went from being an artistic pursuit to a venture of net domination, harassment, petty bickering and status club that it is today. Like I have seen a few people mention, I have way more fun flaming people and having discussions at free speech topical forums like this one.

that... sucks. like, seriously. :(

and how can she be pissed at the entire board? hrm. thats a grievous loss BRA1N. you sure you cant reel her back in?

Yup, it does suck big time. For some reason she got upset with ME after my innocuous cameo post in the What Constitutes Debate thread and seems to think that THIS PLACE is too much like FC and flametown for her liking. It actually ties in with the discussion in this thread nicely because I just don't see her point.

Personally, i think it has to be something underlying against me, perhaps having to do with my posts to her during the Cardy uproar because I can't see how my post or anything else I said to her can cause someone to unload on me and want to leave the board like she did. Hopefully it's just a phase and she'll get over it as time passes but right now she wants no part of me or this board. Time will tell.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 12:11:01 PM »

Well that sucks about PoP =-(

I can't read the flame forums anymore. It's like reading kids call each other names who just learned cuss words. I lose interest after one or two sentences. I even have a had time reading DeBauch here at first(no offense meant I promise!) because of the cunt word being used for everything, but at least once you get around it, you understand his point and it has some substance. If you take out the substance and just leave "cunt cunt cunt cunt" there you have FC. I didn't read any of the other flame boards more than once or twice because they are just more of the same.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 12:35:59 PM »

Meh, I can't see that "flaming" ever really had a point in the first place, to be quite frank with you all. For those of you who DON'T know (and I can't imagine that there are ANY at this point) I'm Ice Princess at FC and TDT. I joined FC back in the summer, after YEARS of resisting the urge to flame, strictly because I'd been reading links that Flea had posted in another arena and for some reason - perhaps it was PMS - the urge to textually assault a certain few, one in particular, became utterly overwhelming and irresistable.  Let me tell you something - the urge wore off just as quickly.

First of all, subterfuge is not my thing, and it became really tiresome pretending to be a completely different persona in FT as opposed to the rest of the net. That might come easily for some, and my hat is off to those that can maintain two or more diametrically opposed personailties. I can't do it for any length of time. And I don't like being mean just for the sake of being mean - it's not me. I'm not saying that I'm a better person than anyone else - that's the last thing I'd assert. When I'm provoked, I can be really vicious, and my tongue can fillet you faster than a Ginsu knife. But really (and I know how "Cherish Your Day" this sounds), I'd rather be civil. I don't feel very good about myself when I reduce someone to blithering idiocy, and unlike an apparently large group of internet users, I can't detach the screen name from the person behind it. It's always on my mind that whoever I'm posting to or with is an actual person with feelings, and that they must have something seriously effed up going on in their lives to take such joy from posting such vitriol.

Then there's the "Freshness Factor." When I joined FC, I made it a point to let a certain Australian shut-in that I didn't agree with the whole concept of using someone's child, real or imagined, in order to flame them, and that I would do my best to refrain from such a thing. Color me naive, but I viewed flaming as entertainmnent, and, to me at least, that shit's just not funny, so I sent her a PM. Lo and behold, the PM arrived, as if on cue, on the message board, along with aspersions about my appearance (which I found hilarious since no one there even knew who I was except for a couple of people, let alone what I looked like), questions about whether I was sporting a penis, and pages and pages of guesses about who I "REALLY" was, as if anyone there knows who anyone else REALLY IS. I allowed myself to get sucked into the personal insult for the sake of insult game, and it quickly grew tiresome.

I don't know - I'm half Irish and half French, and I'll sit here arguing with anybody for hours IF THERE IS A POINT.  But at this stage, and probably for years now it's been the case, there's just no point in flaming.  About a month ago I got fed up with the stupidity and just slapped my real picture into my avatars; that created quite the mental coup for the Australian shut-in, who took great pride in pointing out that she'd discovered my true identity (appparently my supplying her with a picture and several quotes was of no consequence in that "discovery").  I'm pretty much done with the flame thing now; I'm still lurking at FC and TDT, and I'll probably lob a few at Caskur in that heroin thread if I find it worth my while.  And I'm quite sure that she will now claim "victory," that she drove me out of Flame Towne with my tail between my legs because she "exposed" Demeter's Daughter  (with stuff I posted about myself by the by). And that's all good. If she needs that to make her feel okay with herself, then by all means, she can have it. I'll feel okay about myself by spending the afternoon wtih my manfriend and his family, watching the Fire Department do their Santa thing, having a family dinner, then participating in a poetry reading.

I may insult some of the other poets, however. I can't guarantee that I won't.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Up

Page created in 0.469 seconds with 42 queries.