ThirdRailForum

• December 14, 2017, 09:33:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shitty Singers?  (Read 2449 times)

plus minus reset

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
Shitty Singers?
« on: December 28, 2008, 01:31:12 PM »

This was pretty much dead on if you ask me. The comments however made me laugh - there were so many comments by people who couldn't string a sentence together saying this guy was wrong, how can you make a valid argument without even typing more than "That shit is whack!"? People annoy me.

Anyway what do you think? Do you agree? Do you think Kanye West should keep on doing what he does? I personally hope he fucking chokes he sucks SO bad.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/getback/53773/singers-who-cant-sing/

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
Re: Shitty Singers?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 01:46:58 PM »

Where is Shitney Spears on that list?

Kanye knows he can't sing, that's why he uses that pitch auto-correction voice modulator thingy..

Btw, this has to be one of the funnier Kanye parodies...

http://www.youtube.com/v/n-SOr-3hw-s&hl=en&fs=1
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »

Chris and I were reading that yesterday. Why is Anthony Kiedis on that list?
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Your Mom
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »

Because he can't actually sing in tune. It's hard to listen to people sing off key when you have played a musical insturment. At least for me.

Jonkeybzaz

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jonkeybzaz is a tedious twat.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »

It's funny that people trash Kiedis so much. I saw the Peppers live last year at Coachella and he was great.

Oh, and I play piano and drums if that makes any difference.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 02:19:09 PM »

I fucking love that man.

And I play the piano.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 02:25:09 PM »

It doesn't mean you can't like the chili peppers or kiedis - I listen to them too and like their music. Doesn't mean the man can sing in key. He fucking can't. Same with some of the other songs with horrible singing that people have on their ipods. You can like bob dylan but he mumbles and sounds like a retard. Doesn't man he isn't a good musician, just a shitty singer.

Jonkeybzaz

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Jonkeybzaz is a tedious twat.
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 02:34:44 PM »

Your supposed musical prowess aside, perhaps this alleged "always singing offkey" deal is a purposeful act. Maybe he does it to create a different sound. Shit, if he's always singing off key and he sounded that good, the man must be a fucking genius of a singer.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 02:42:53 PM »

The vast majority of recorded vocals use some form of pitch correction technology on them so to diss someone for using it is less than open minded shall we say. Also, because of the technology available today you'll find it incredibly rare to hear an out of tune vocal on a proffesional production. What you're hearing is different resonance which can sound conflicting but i'll guarantee you it ain't out of tune.
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »

I know a lot of them sing off key on purpose and it has always bugged me. It started to get super popular in the mid 90's I think.

Doesn't anyone find it sad that almost everyone uses pitch the regulator shit? I do.

Remember- I'm not saying these people aren't popular or that there isn't a niche for them somewhere, I'm just agreeing that they aren't actually GOOD singers. Some on the list like Celine Dion - awesome ability, awesome singer - fucking butchers every song making it a loud screetchy yell-singing song after the first verse on just about every song. I can't listen to her after like 6 seconds and she has a phenomenal voice.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 03:24:50 PM »

Doesn't anyone find it sad that almost everyone uses pitch the regulator shit? I do.

That's a bit of a naive viewpoint Fip. Very few singers other than classical ones are pitch perfect and as that is what is required by the listener nowadays using pitch correction devices just saves time and money really. Also effects like self harmonization can be achieved which is impossible to do perfectly any other way. Think of it this way, the voice is an instrument like any other and no one bats and eyelid when people use effects on guitars and keyboards etc do they?
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »

No, I think it's lazy.

I think there are too many manufactured artists out there and now people are just accepting that this is how it is.

I would much rather listen to an acoustic guitar than an electric. I love all kinds of music - best concert I ever went to was Linkin Park - I love them and they use all kinds of electonic shit. Using electronics to create music is great - having a singing ability has become cheapened lately, Especially when douchebags like Kanye West go out and think people should love his singing. He fully sucks. Go rap don't sing! Ack!

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 04:00:04 PM »

Here are a few people who were NOT pitch-perfect:

Billie Holiday
Edith Piaf
Janis Joplin
Ray Charles

That's all I'm sayin.

Kanye sucks donkey balls. That should make SOMEONE here happy.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 217
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 04:02:45 PM »

Not looking at the list but would someone please confirm dido and ginger spice are on it.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 04:07:41 PM »

Nope. Neither of them are on it. Madonna is, though.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »

There's a big difference between singers and vocalists.

A singer would be someone who hits perfect notes and with all the correct intonation every time whereas a vocalist would be someone who creates an atmosphere with their vocals. Most of what the modern public would state as being great singers are sometimes very far from that but the expression they create with their vocals is outstanding.

Case in point, i'm a big fan of The Smiths but you'd never say that Morrissey is a great singer but as a vocalist is hard to beat.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »

Morrisey is my favorite fag in the world. I love him to pieces, especially "Frankly Mr. Shankley."

And "Girlfriend in a Coma."

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 04:29:47 PM »

Morrisey is my favorite fag in the world

Was it the Gladioli down his pants that gave him away cos otherwise he's pretty butch dontcha think?

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 04:36:25 PM »

Very true- you don't have to be a great singer to be entertaining. I think vocalist is definitely the better term to use now. I still think this guy's list was pretty accurate if you are thinking about strictly singing.

Nothing anyone says about their opinion makes me either happy or sad - it's an opinion. It's silly to base your emotions off what someone says their opinion is.

A lot of people weren't on the list that *should* have been of course, but like I said before, who has time to sit and write a list of every single assy singer and not miss any ever? please.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 04:37:53 PM »

Was it the Gladioli down his pants that gave him away cos otherwise he's pretty butch dontcha think?

Absolutely. ::)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.422 seconds with 39 queries.