ThirdRailForum

• November 18, 2017, 09:55:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 6994 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
NFL Playoffs
« on: December 28, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »

I cant remember a final week of the regular season being so dramatic and exciting. Right now the Pats and Jets are sweating it out and the Phins and Ravens are getting closer to the playoffs. The Cowboys barely have a pulse. Later tonight, the Chargers should be taking the Broncos to the wood shed. God, i love the NFL!

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
Re: NFL Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »

I know right! I feel bad for Cowboys fans all over - this is freakin sad. I think Romo is worried about his job!

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 07:36:57 PM »

Holy shit did the Cowboys ever get stomped. I know somewhere in Texas, Rudey must have enjoyed that.

Time for Favre to retire once in for all. Im tired about hearing about that guy. He won 1 Super Bowl last decade but he fucking sucked this year. How appropriate that his last pass was an INT.

How 'bout them Dolphins?
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 03:15:49 PM »

dolphins are gonna get trounced in the first round. they shouldnt even be there in the first place. not that im a dolphin hater or anything, dont get me wrong. theyve done some good things this year and the additions of Pennington and Porter a while back have bolstered an already decent team. but the fact is that they recieved a couple of pivotal penalties this season that are directly responsible for their presence in the playoffs. now i know what youre gonna say, "penalties go both ways and its a part of the game. if the other teams hadnt done whatever it was they did ... yadayadayada" but the calls were, shall we say, "controversial" to say the least. personally i think they should have toned things down a bit again this year. rather than coming out and giving it all with some serious weaknesses, they should have done marginally well and hope to get a couple well chosen drafts and really let loose next year. as it is they probably wont get what they need in the draft and will taper off a bit settling back into their old familiar mediocrity.

Baltimore is gonna spank them whereas if the pats were in the mix they probably would have put it to the ravens something fierce even without brady.

chargers colts is a tough one. in fair weather or in a dome indy is a well oiled machine of efficiency. theyre very hard to beat and theyll be in san diego with low 50's high 40's and the chargers may not have tomlinson at 100% so ... yeah. its when indy has to play in the weather when its cold and theres a brisk wind and things get down and dirty, nose to nose, knuckle to knuckle, they lose. imo they dont play football. they dont have the heart for it. they play catch. in the sun. with pristine whites on.

anyway.

im almost offended the eagles vikings game is at minnesota. footbal is played OUTside dammit. the game is about getting cold and dirty and grinding your opponent down in SPITE of the weather and how much being wet and cold sucks, thats where real football players are born. unfortunately philly is probably going to lose.

atlanta arizona?

who fucking cares?
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 06:21:01 PM »

I for one will be interested in the Arizona - Atlanta game.  Kurt Warner, Fitzgerald, Bolin - that offense is fun to watch when they are clicking. The Falcons are pretty good too on offense - Ryan, Turner, Norwood, White, those guys should be able to run wild on the Cards defense. I see both teams scoring in the 30's or high 20s. The Cardinals dont have much of a running game and the Falcons do so unless they get out to a huge lead with their passing attack, I like the Falcons in this one.

I think the Eagles defense will crush the Vikings and whoever plays QB for them. Jimmie Johnson will throw the kitchen sink on them on defense like he did to the Cowboys and contain Adrian Peterson. The Eagles are hot going in this and the Vikings arent. This has potential blowout written all over it.

The Dolphins - Ravens matchup could be the best game of the week. Dan Henning, the OC for the Phins is a human encyclopedia of football who would probably win the NFL's version of Jeopardy's Tournament of Champions. The OC for the Ravens and former coach for the Phins- Cam Camaron is not too shabby himself.

Knowing how Dan Henning likes to set up things, i look for him to turn the Ravens aggressive defense against them by using short quick passes out of the wildcat and lots of screens. During the earlier game this year, the Ravens completely shut down the Dolphins wildcat by rushing 8 and 9 defenders and not respecting the pass. I will bet anything that Henning will use that against them and make them pay if they sellout blitz every time (a run or two from the wildcat before passing out of it should do the trick). The Dolphins arent just going to play their usual offense and get smothered by the Raven's D like most people seem to think. They will come up with a Dan Henning game plan that will take into account how the Raven's played them in their last meeting (basically disregarding the pass). I see this game coming down to the wire and a crucial turnover.

As bad as the Chargers have played this year it's hard to pick against them at home right now but if there's going to be another wildcard team to win the Super Bowl this year, i think it will be the Colts. The Chargers weak point is still their defense and no one can exploit the weak links in the weak chain better than Manning and Brady. I look for a close game at first with the Colts taking command in the second half. If the Chargers play D or Manning has a bad day, the Chargers have the fire power to keep up with the Colts.

The Poofer

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • The Poofer probably just rolled in here.
  • brawl-hall.com
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »

So much for the MVP.

Curious as to why he didnt blame everyone else for his fuck ups like he always does.....
The NEW Mod of Brawl Halls Flamers Hall, The Poofer

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 08:21:44 AM »

Man, i was on the edge of my seat watching last night's game. What a game! That's what the NFL is all about. I dont know where that Cardinals' defense came from but they looked pretty good too. All four home teams were underdogs this week but so far they're 2-0. Let's see what Chad and Ray Ray have in store for us today.

Sup, poofer.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:07:18 PM »

I must have rewound and watched that flea flicker 42 yd touchdown pass to Fitzgerald of the Cardinals 20 times now...fuck !!!!

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Your Mom
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »

Seriously and the colts/chargers game was fun to watch. The first half of the philly game was good then I took a nap the second half. I am so fucking excited for this weekend.

RizenPhoeniz

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 05:35:39 PM »

No playoffs for me, Da Bears blew it.

Micheal Vick?

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 02:58:59 PM »

I think this game is going to be the end of me. It's freakin killing me!(Giants Eagles)

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 03:22:58 PM »

Eagles keeping it close into the second half which is what they want. Giants better be careful bc their margin for error is disappearing. A 4th quarter turnover or whoever can score twice in a row can decide the game.

That Cardinals - Panthers game yesterday was a shocker. Kurt Warner has another gear for the post season and i dont know where that Cardinals defense came from.

Can't wait to see San Diego - and Willow's Steelers but without LT i'm thinking chances are good it will be a blowout.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 04:44:35 PM »

:cry: CRY

cry

Eli was a tard star today. I hate to say it. He couldn't throw the ball because they intercepted or near intercepted every time. Running wasn't cutting it with that Philly defense. Well MY season is over! Lets see the Cards get to the superbowl and win! hah!

Willow

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Willow probably just rolled in here.
  • Karysma in hiding. :P
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 04:53:01 PM »

Eagles keeping it close into the second half which is what they want. Giants better be careful bc their margin for error is disappearing. A 4th quarter turnover or whoever can score twice in a row can decide the game.

That Cardinals - Panthers game yesterday was a shocker. Kurt Warner has another gear for the post season and i dont know where that Cardinals defense came from.

Can't wait to see San Diego - and Willow's Steelers but without LT i'm thinking chances are good it will be a blowout.

I'm not even watching the game. I have to be at work at my other job for 6 tonight and it will be over by the time I get home. They better friggin win and no one better knock out my hottie Rothelisberger this time either!!!

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 04:59:44 PM »

No LT - Troy Nike commercial match-up but wow, what a start. Can it be that the 4 underdogs win this weekend? I love games in the snow!

Fip, there been a ton of INT's the last two weeks by QB's that dont normally turn it over, mainly due to the defenses. The Ravens, Cards and today Eagles D have really been coming after the QB's and making them throw some bad passes. Once a team gets down and has to pass to catch up it only makes things worse for the QBs. Im really surprised that the Giants weren't able to run it better with Jacobs and Ward then what they did.

Should be a good game next week. The Cards already destroyed the Eagles this year. It will be interesting to see if Jimmy Johnson can come up with something else to stop that Cardinals offense.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »

I'm not even watching the game. I have to be at work at my other job for 6 tonight and it will be over by the time I get home. They better friggin win and no one better knock out my hottie Rothelisberger this time either!!!

That sux. You should be able to listen on the radio or something.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2009, 05:23:14 PM »

I know right! ugh Oh well. Still some exciting games left!

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 08:34:30 PM »

not just willows steelers dammit. ive been in black and gold my entire life.

looking for one for the OTHER thumb now :D
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 08:46:22 PM »

Congrats! They ruled ass today.

Willow

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Willow probably just rolled in here.
  • Karysma in hiding. :P
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »

I managed to see the last 2 minutes of the game. You better believe that I will NOT be working next Sunday!! I had people texting me at work with the updates from the game. Looking for number 6, baby!!  :trophy:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.406 seconds with 38 queries.