ThirdRailForum

• July 26, 2017, 02:48:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: More than 350 killed in 3-day Gaza barrage; U.S. blames Hamas for flare-up  (Read 4181 times)

plus minus reset

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Israel turned the force of its punishing Gaza campaign toward Hamas field operatives on Monday, sending warplanes to bomb their houses in a sweep meant to tear at the roots of the militant organization.

Yet even with their senior leadership in hiding, the battered Islamic militants managed to fire dozens of rockets at southern Israel on Monday.

A tough-talking Israeli defense minister promised them a "war to the bitter end," as the three-day death toll in Israel's shock-and-awe offensive rose to 364.

You can read the rest here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28404637/?GT1=43001

So, people, what do we think about this? Is Israel justified in its actions? Discuss (or debate, depending upon your inclinations).

And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Re: More than 350 killed in 3-day Gaza barrage; U.S. blames Hamas for flare-up
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 04:02:05 PM »

Yup, if canadians were firing missiles over the border into Boston wouldn't you want it delt with asap?

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »

Canadians have missiles?  :uhuh:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 05:06:34 PM »

yes.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 05:08:11 PM »

Yup, if canadians were firing missiles over the border into Boston wouldn't you want it delt with asap?

Well, if we were occupying Toronto and decided to make it our 51st state, I can see how they would be a little pissed.
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 05:33:06 PM »

The Western world should butt out and leave Israel to defend its people any way it sees fit.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree - to a point. I just believe that no matter what we think, that part of the world has been a hot mess for thousands of years, and it's going to continue to be a hot mess.

Israel has a right to defend itself, yes. I just think what's going on right now is a little extreme. I don't like war, period.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 06:30:08 PM »

yes.

When did Canada decide to arm itself?

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 06:44:57 PM »

I can't believe I'm saying this but I agree - to a point. I just believe that no matter what we think, that part of the world has been a hot mess for thousands of years, and it's going to continue to be a hot mess.

All the more reason for the U.S. to get the fuck out of there. Unless you like war, spending more of nation's money on defense contractors than anything else and 100 years in Iraq sounds good to you. In that case, the chaos and history probably doesn't matter anyways.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 06:53:52 PM »

That's what I mean. We have enough shit here to deal with , without spending trillions of dollars on other people's shit, when the other people don't even fuckin' want us there.

I can't believe nobody mentioned this before now.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 06:58:46 PM »

spending more of our nation's money

As if the war machines Israel has was not paid for by our taxpaying money...wtf, the very bread they eat is paid for by us. 

U.S. Financial Aid To Israel: Figures, Facts, and Impact
Summary

Benefits to Israel of U.S. Aid Since 1949 (As of November 1, 1997)

Foreign Aid Grants and Loans
$74,157,600,000

Other U.S. Aid (12.2% of Foreign Aid)
$9,047,227,200

Interest to Israel from Advanced Payments
$1,650,000,000

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Total Benefits per Israeli
$14,630

Cost to U.S. Taxpayers of U.S.Aid to Israel

Grand Total
$84,854,827,200

Interest Costs Borne by U.S.
$49,936,680,000

Total Cost to U.S. Taxpayers
$134,791,507,200

Total Taxpayer Cost per Israeli
$23,240
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 07:23:22 PM »

That ^^^ ties in with another thread where i made mentioned about the U.S. being Israel's bitch and the reason why that is the case - the corruption of campaign contributions coupled with the wealthy and powerful Jewish donors and political organizations in this country.

They have figured out the way to elect politicians who "hold Israel close to their heart" by showering them with money and political junkets. Just take a look and the list of donors to the Clinton Foundation which was recently released. Whether they contribute to a presidential library or a re-election fund or line up a 6 figure job for the wife of a governor, the entire system is inherently corrupt and political power is subject to being sold on any given issue, both legally and illegally.

What else can explain why we subsidize a non-strategic shithole like Israel to the extent that we do and to the detriment of our own national interests?  It's a national disgrace but the people in power arent about to cut the hand that feeds them so we'll continue to make Israel's welfare the most important point of our foreign policy. Even if it means having a war with Iran and having thousands more American soldiers killed "to protect our freedoms".

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »

Israel has a right to defend itself, yes. I just think what's going on right now is a little extreme. I don't like war, period.

Extreme? of course its extreme, they are dealing with extremists. There is no point pissing around like the Western worls forces do when dealing with the extremists.

Deal with them harshly and fast or you end up in a protracted war like Iraq 

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »

The Western world should butt out and leave Israel to defend its people any way it sees fit.

So "defend" = 2 or 3 Israeli's getting killed by haphazard rocket attack by fucking dickhead Palestinian lunatics to the mass slaughter of hundreds of Gazaians by American funded F-16 delivered precision guided munitions leading to the death of a 1000's of which 95% will be "non combatants".

Great  :rotf:

It must be nice to sit on your high and mighty horse in NZ and pronounce such a judgment but I'm guessing that you've never had to cuddle an 8 year old blood soaked daughter as she gargles her last breath.

Cut the cunts off...the whole place is a cancer on the worlds testicle...there and Pakistan are causing the rest of us the risk of getting blown up just popping down the shops for a new "North Face" coat....

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 10:15:46 PM »

So "defend" = 2 or 3 Israeli's getting killed by haphazard rocket attack by fucking dickhead Palestinian

Where did you get 2 or 3 from? Is that a factual number or one you pulled from your arse?

The Palestinian Liberation rebels fire a lot of rockets over the border and Israel IMO have a lot more cause to fire on them than the US has for invading Iraq 

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 10:59:41 PM »

Where did you get 2 or 3 from? Is that a factual number or one you pulled from your arse?

The Palestinian Liberation rebels fire a lot of rockets over the border and Israel IMO have a lot more cause to fire on them than the US has for invading Iraq

Your last point...no fucking shit  :rotf:   Don't bring Iraq into this...my country's utter shame at being a part of the biggest humanitarian disaster since the Turks wiped out the Armenians (and still deny it).

And don't you sit there on your high fucking horse and laugh at us and our Aussie bredrin for being involved.....but my basic point is....its not exactly "tit for tat" is it...you're a Kiwi....you know all about fair play...you're telling me THATS fair play ?

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 253
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 06:21:35 AM »

When the Zionist movement hit full stride the Jews used terrorism to drive the Arabs out of Judah(Israel).  That land was owned by Palestinians for centuries....why not lob rockets?  Eye for an eye, right?

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 09:19:12 AM »

When the Zionist movement hit full stride the Jews used terrorism to drive the Arabs out of Judah(Israel).  That land was owned by Palestinians for centuries....why not lob rockets?  Eye for an eye, right?

That's my point. I understand the whole UN creating an Israeli homeland thing, but wtf, the Palestinians are just supposed to go quietly because some asshat said  they should? Judaism is a religion, not a nationality. There's no fucking Protestant homeland, is there (and if anyone says a word about Northern Ireland I'll shit in their hat).

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 09:33:29 AM »

There were previosly 2 jewish states, the first was destroyed by the babylonians and the second by the romans. They are racially as well as religously different from palastinians who like most apart arab historically forced converts.

cutting them of would force israel to settle it with nukes. Iran is behind this as it was behind hezbollah, thats the country that should have been invaded. a revolutionary theocratic state that funds international terrorism.

The problem with the palistinians apart from being the puppets of others, see above, is that if you dont know when you have lost you are doomed.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 09:35:12 AM »

I understand the whole UN creating an Israeli homeland thing

Uhm, sorry, it was our fault... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration_of_1917  :wheelchair:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.404 seconds with 40 queries.