ThirdRailForum

• August 23, 2017, 05:42:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: recipes II  (Read 4231 times)

plus minus reset

princess of ptTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
recipes II
« on: January 05, 2009, 08:56:03 PM »

as i mentioned to cookie in another thread, i threw together a quick meal of chili this evening. i took pictures to post for s&g's.

i began with a prepackaged chili deal i usually buy when i throw chili together
i think it's called shelby's  :lol: it's basically just the seasoning, chili powder, salt, cayenne, and mesa flour to thicken the pot.
thats my magical garlic press and the chef's knife i will use to cut off someones testicles with one day while i'm pms'ing :blush:

i browned up some ground sirloin 90/10 and drained it

while the meat was browning and then draining, i wacked an onion and 4 cloves of garlic and gave em a quick toss in the remaining meat drippings, just til the onion was translucent. i dont know why my burner looks blue in the pic, it is normally red and my pot from pampered chef seems to have some sort of patina /shrug.

this one is blurry but its my garlic, onion and my handy dandy garlic press. i lurves it. you dont even have to peel the garlic, you just put it in there and it presses the flesh right out of those little buggers and the skin just sticks to the press part. it's like magic i tell you!!  :lmao:

more prep shots; i use a can of chi-chi's skinned and seeded green chili's, i chopped em up and threw them in along with two cans of diced tomato, and a can each of red, pink, and black beans. i dont rinse them because the bean goo helps thicken and flavor the chili.

here we have the rice. normally i make yellow rice with sofrito, but the kids picked out this curious cornbread deal, i'll get to that in a minute...

i make my rice in a skillet because it cooks quicker and seems to steam better, i throw in a pat of butter and a pinch of salt. hehehe!

here is the corn thing i was talking about. i dont think my dog will even eat it. it's like a polenta deal with creamed corn in it. a little thicker than a pudding. i didnt care for it and glad i made the rice just in case!

here is the finished product. i know, it looks harmless but it was like swishing around vomit in my mouth!  :vc:
BLECH!!

i also made a peach cobbler for dessert, it was fucking yummay and negated my diet pepsi  :lol:

uncooked

cobbler with the icky corn mush, right out of the oven;

just the cobbler

heres the done deal

i always clean as i go :rudolp:

sprinkled that bitch with a little cheese and viola!  :grin:

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
Re: recipes II
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:15:17 PM »

Oh with your busy schedule do you have a crock pot? I couldn't remember from the old thread if you said you did or not. I make my Chili in that and it cooks and shit all day and bam dinner is ready whenever! Nummeh too. Not as nummeh as hairy balls apparently. Been a crazy couple days sorry haha.

So you cook up some ground whatever you like- I use ground turkey and then throw it in the crock pot with some black beans, a diced bell pepper, diced onion like a fucking gang load of garlic, chalula seasoning, chili powder, a diced serrano chili or two (Seeds in for supa hot, seeds out very carefully for not so hot...don't fucking wipe your pookie without scrubbing like a surgeon after that!) some diced tomatoes, a can of tomato paste or three .... I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Anyway - whatever you like- put it in there and cook it all day. There's my secret recipe.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Your Mom
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:17:15 PM »

Oh if I use turkey I sprinkle some worshteshire or whatever that is in the turkey when I'm cooking it. also- if the tomatoes are acidy, like a Tbsp of sugar to chill it right out.

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:53:17 PM »

Try putting Hersey (spelling?) chocolate in the chilly. It takes out the bitter bite 

Offal should be avoided in chilly  :vc:

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »

LOL! Offal should be avoided in ... everything EVER! I'll try hersheys next time and see how it comes out instead of sugar.

• Senatore
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 03:03:15 AM »

Oh with your busy schedule do you have a crock pot? I couldn't remember from the old thread if you said you did or not. I make my Chili in that and it cooks and shit all day and bam dinner is ready whenever! Nummeh too. Not as nummeh as hairy balls apparently. Been a crazy couple days sorry haha.

yes, nummay balls can make a woman crazy. its their juice that does it for me, hehehehe! anyway, another yes. i do indeed have a crockpot and sometimes i do make my chili in it, but i like mine chunky and find cooking chili all day makes the meat fall apart to little gravel like bits that you would find at the bottom of a fishbowl.  :vc:

So you cook up some ground whatever you like- I use ground turkey and then throw it in the crock pot with some black beans, a diced bell pepper, diced onion like a fucking gang load of garlic, chalula seasoning, chili powder, a diced serrano chili or two (Seeds in for supa hot, seeds out very carefully for not so hot...don't fucking wipe your pookie without scrubbing like a surgeon after that!) some diced tomatoes, a can of tomato paste or three .... I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Anyway - whatever you like- put it in there and cook it all day. There's my secret recipe.

sounds good! i love garlic. i like to cut a whole head of (elephant if you can find it) it in half and drizzle it with evoo, put it back together wrap it in parchment, then foil (so it doesnt oxidize) then roast it at like 325 til it's like butta. then i cut up a baguette or a ciabatta on a bias about an inch or so thick, toast those bad boys up and then use the garlic as a spread.

i dont care for red or green bell peppers cooked. though fresh i like to eat em in salad. i think theyre more acidy than tomatoes and add bitterness. ya notice they always throw an over abundance of those fucking red peppers in the healthy choice or smart one meals?? wtf is up with that!?  :lol:

what is this chalula business? never heard of it. is it a goyaoboya thingy? :dontknow:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 195
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:03:17 AM »

thats my magical garlic press and the chef's knife i will use to cut off someones testicles with one day while i'm pms'ing :blush:

zoo notes this and says "bring it on bitch!" :rotf:

Anyway. Cobbler in the UK is a savourey crumble topping, that would be peach crumble. I fucking love rhubarb or gooseberry crumble. With cream or custard. The only aspect of english cuisine, or virtually only, that has any international credability are desserts.

The rest looks ok.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 04:06:36 AM »

Chalula is a town/village in Colombia I beleive. Theres a story in how i know.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 08:10:10 AM »

i began with a prepackaged chili deal i usually buy when i throw chili together

i use a can of chi-chi's skinned and seeded green chili's, i chopped em up and threw them in along with two cans of diced tomato, and a can each of red, pink, and black beans. i dont rinse them because the bean goo helps thicken and flavor the chili

Dani you lazy bint.

This ain't cooking love, this is assembly.

At least get yourself to a grocer and get some fresh chillies ya tin opening tart.  :rotf: :rotf:
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 09:09:37 AM »

Dani you lazy bint.

At least get yourself to a grocer and get some fresh chillies ya tin opening tart.  :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »

Hershey's syrup? No way, I'll have to try that.

Chris made venison chili a few weeks ago, we still have some in the freezer, it was hella good but super hot.

I never heard of chalula seasoning either, where do I get some of that (and don't say Colombia).
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

• Senatore
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2009, 12:11:59 PM »

zoo notes this and says "bring it on bitch!" :rotf:

zoo is testicularly challenged enough to begin with, he wouldnt be worth the effort of having to find myself a jewelers eye prior to letting the games begin.  :vc:

Anyway. Cobbler in the UK is a savourey crumble topping, that would be peach crumble. I fucking love rhubarb or gooseberry crumble. With cream or custard. The only aspect of english cuisine, or virtually only, that has any international credability are desserts.

The rest looks ok.

of course it looks ok. i made it! hehehe!

i would imagine that us cobbler vs. uk cobbler are two different animals. there is no "crumble" atop my cobbler. basically i lay a few pats of butter on the bottom of the baking dish and melt it in there, then i make a batter, similar to a pancake batter, and pour it over the melted butter, then i just dump a TIN of peaches over the top and cook it. the batter rises up around the peaches and makes a crust on the top. it's kinda like a little pie without the fluted pie crust. i serve it hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. the kids LURVE it! it used to be the only way for me to get them to eat their veggies!

rhubarb is yummay. i havent had it in ages. my grandparents used to grow it in their garden and i would eat it raw with a little cup of sugar to dip the end in or they would mix it with strawberries and make a pie from it. that was yummay too! i think if you eat it before its ripe, its poisonous. i will have to keep that in mind for zoo's next visit.  :vc:

ive never had a gooseberry before, what is it? didnt the smurfs used to cultivate those?  :lol:

• Senatore
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 12:15:38 PM »

Dani you lazy bint.

damn you! damn you to hell and back!   :lmao:

what part of i'm a busy girlie did you not get?? should i have shucked and soaked the beans overnight as well!?  :rotf:

i'll stuff some assembly right up your hairy ass!  :lol:

• Senatore
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »

Hershey's syrup? No way, I'll have to try that.

Chris made venison chili a few weeks ago, we still have some in the freezer, it was hella good but super hot.

I never heard of chalula seasoning either, where do I get some of that (and don't say Colombia).

my uncle is always making shit with venison. i tried it once. i didnt care for it. it's rather creepy to have those little baby deer pop their heads out of the woods in my backyard, then sit at the table and not think about their little bunny like tails as i try to consume them. theyre just too cute to eat. cows and pigs are hideous. i have no problem eating them.  :grin:

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 01:12:11 PM »

LOL! Offal should be avoided in ... everything EVER! I'll try hersheys next time and see how it comes out instead of sugar.

A good friend used to go to some chilly cook off in Mexico and a bloke that won it a few times claimed this was part of his success. Obviously your are not putting in a great deal of it.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2009, 01:12:53 PM »

damn you! damn you to hell and back!   :lmao:

what part of i'm a busy girlie did you not get?? should i have shucked and soaked the beans overnight as well!?  :rotf:

i'll stuff some assembly right up your hairy ass!  :lol:

I thought he said he shaved?
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

• Senatore
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2009, 01:14:41 PM »

I thought he said he shaved?

something tells me he doesnt get that close.  :vc:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »

BATTER?

Thats yorkshire pudding, or a fruit toad in the hole, your weird.

The leaves of Rhubarb are poisonus...er, on second thoughts they help you controll your weight so eat up.:)

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »

i always clean as i go :rudolp:

Thank fuck !  Its not just me then  :weed1:

Being obsessively clean sure slows things down to a pace of its own but the prep part of cooking for me is what its all about, especially with Chinese.

I've got the worst memory for recipes and I lost the recipe for a beautiful dish that I once cooked, Veal Orvieto...this is the nearest that I could find for it...

http://www.culinarymedianetwork.com/recipes/veal-saltimbocca.html

Orvieto is a lovely crisp white and really "makes" the sauce and I reckon that the secret to alot of meals is the sauce.

A perfect accompaniment to this is peas parmesan...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robert-irvine/parmesan-peas-recipe/index.html

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 07:16:36 PM »

Toad in the Hole
Serves 4 Or 2 fat northern bastards

8 Pork Sausages
110g (4oz) Plain White Flour
300ml (? pint) Milk
2 Small Eggs
? tsp Salt

Place the flour in a bowl, then make a well in the centre and break in the egg.
Mix in half the milk using a wooden spoon, work the mixture until smooth then add the remaining milk.
Beat or whisk until fully combined and the surface is covered with tiny bubbles.
Allow to rest for 15 to 30 minutes, whisk again before use.
Preheat the oven to 230?C; 450?F: Gas 8
Fry the sausages in a pan to lightly colour and remove excess fat, reserve the fat.
Place the fat in a small roasting tin adding a little oil, if needed, to bring the amount of fat up to about 4 tbsp.
Heat the fat until smoking hot then pour in the batter.
Add the sausage chunks and place into the hot oven.
Bake for about 5-10 minutes at 230?C; 450?F: Gas 8, then reduce to 200?C; 400?F: Gas 6 and bake 20 to 30 minutes or until the batter around the sausages has risen and is a deep golden brown.
Serve immediately or the pudding will deflate.

Liver or kidneys optional extra. :rotf: :rotf:

Best served with baked beans or onion gravey/peas n potatoes.....toes :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.658 seconds with 41 queries.