ThirdRailForum

• November 18, 2017, 09:57:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Quotes you like or relate to  (Read 2033 times)

plus minus reset

Cookie MonsterTopic starter

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Quotes you like or relate to
« on: January 09, 2009, 11:27:43 AM »

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

The Matrix

This relates to people deciding wether to hang out with me in real life.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Re: Quotes you like or relate to
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:00:39 PM »

"A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for." - Grace Murray Hopper.

The motto I try to live by.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:22:06 PM »

This past week, the Indian owner of that company that faked billions in profits, he came out with a great quote that sums up some parts of my life....

"It was like riding a tiger and not knowing how to get off without being eaten"

and one from classical times that appeals to my arrogance and laconic style.

Phillip II to Sparta..."If I enter Sparta I will raise every building to the ground".  The response from Sparta..."If". 

Phillip never bothered.

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »

Ob La Di, Ob La Da, Life goes on......  :lmao: :rotf: :rotf:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 11:38:01 AM »

Ob La Di, Ob La Da, Life goes on......  :lmao: :rotf: :rotf:

Women are meant to be loved not understood - Oscar Wilde

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 05:48:01 PM »

"five dollar footlong" - Subway commercials.

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 06:29:38 PM »

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money, shit has hit the fan.

Willow

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Willow probably just rolled in here.
  • Karysma in hiding. :P
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 09:50:07 PM »

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while. " The Princess Bride

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:11:24 PM »

"There once was a man from Nantuckett..."

and my all time favorite movies Snatch and True Romance have scenes in them that i simply cannot choose between.

True Romance, the dennis hopper/christopher walken scene regarding sicilians

and the Snatch scene with Brick Topp talking about pig farmers.

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »

So Devious is really TWaP?

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 02:10:24 AM »

what?  :hammer:

are you seriously retarded or is this just a phase?
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 06:04:23 AM »

The Matrix and Fight club are stuffed with great quotes and one liners. So is snatch.

I'd fight Gandhi.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 11:53:34 AM »

A few from Anais Nin:

"Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age."

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic."

"Do not seek the because - in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."

"How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself."

"I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman."

"Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."

"The only abnormality is the incapacity to love."

And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Deviouz1

• Governor
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
- Martin Luther King Jr.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."
- Jimi Hendrix

"When I gave food to the poor, they called me a saint. When I asked why the poor were hungry, they called me a communist."
- Dom Helder Camara

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'is' is."
?Bill Clinton

"What's a man got to do to get in the top fifty?" ?Bill Clinton, reacting to a survey of journalists that ranked the Monica Lewinsky scandal as the 53rd most significant story of the century
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 01:15:46 PM »

what?  :hammer:

are you seriously retarded or is this just a phase?

Hey you are the one mindlessly posting Youtubes like that old fuck does.  :sad:

Deviouz1

• Governor
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 02:21:49 PM »

Hey you are the one mindlessly posting Youtubes like that old fuck does.  :sad:

mindlessly? you twat, not only were they completely relevant and in the spirit of the thread but why would i post the entire conversations held within the clips when i could just tube them? i mean i COULD have googled the scripts and posted them and taken up a couple of pages but it just seemed more efficient to do it the other way.

why are you even here? seriously. half the time all you do is make bad attempts to flame people about things that have nothing to do with the thread your posting in. grow up and stop being the cream pied pussy gape that you apparently cannot resist being. its like having a 4 year old spitting on you at every turn and then crying "mod abuse" whenever they get spanked for it.

now to get back on subject

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.  ~Dorothy Nevill

It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence.  ~Spanish Proverb

The difference between a smart man and a wise man is that a smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows whether or not to say it.  ~Frank M. Garafola

~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 02:34:06 PM »

mindlessly? you twat, not only were they completely relevant and in the spirit of the thread but why would i post the entire conversations held within the clips when i could just tube them? i mean i COULD have googled the scripts and posted them and taken up a couple of pages but it just seemed more efficient to do it the other way.

why are you even here? seriously. half the time all you do is make bad attempts to flame people about things that have nothing to do with the thread your posting in. grow up and stop being the cream pied pussy gape that you apparently cannot resist being. its like having a 4 year old spitting on you at every turn and then crying "mod abuse" whenever they get spanked for it.

now to get back on subject

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.  ~Dorothy Nevill

It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Don't speak unless you can improve on the silence.  ~Spanish Proverb

The difference between a smart man and a wise man is that a smart man knows what to say, a wise man knows whether or not to say it.  ~Frank M. Garafola

Crawl back under your fucking rock and die you wanker. I tossed out a tongue in cheek comment and look at you spin out like some fruit bat drag queen on meth.

That wasn't flaming you jumped up little cunt. Go grow some balls and lighten up. Your a mod on the internet, yeah sure it may be the biggest thing that ever happened in your shitty little life, but its not that big a deal, gimp.

Deviouz1

• Governor
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 02:41:24 PM »

oh please lol, stop trying to justify your off-topic, asinine attempt to "tongue in cheek" a tube post Mr. Grasping at straws. but youre right about one thing, modding is not a big deal, thus why i hardly ever even post here or anywhere else for that matter.

i believe ive mentioned this before at some point but damn man, you really like that thesaurus dont you? lets play a game. we'll call it "How many adjectives can i use in a single sentence?". sound like a plan? ready? go!
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »

Will you 2 arse monkies quit it? this is a good thread and lets keep it that way.

RizenPhoeniz

• Quaestor
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »

Kill them all and let god sort them out. - Marge Simpson

Fuck or fight I come either way. - Army Drill Sargent

9 to 5 is for suckers that are already dead and just don't know it yet. -Goodfella's

If your at the table for 15 minutes and can't spot the sucker, it's you. -Rounders

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 41 queries.