ThirdRailForum

• September 23, 2017, 05:36:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound as a Pound ?  (Read 1931 times)

plus minus reset

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
Sound as a Pound ?
« on: January 10, 2009, 12:57:38 PM »

...not really. 

The fucking thing is sinking so fast that we're going to be hassling the Zimbabwe dollar for crappiest currency on the globe.

Crash you fucker !  Crash and die !!!

I want to be able to point and laugh at all of the sad pathetic little Englanders that didn't want to join the Euro because it doesn't have the Queens boat race plastered all over it. 

As proud as I am at my fellow countrymen & women's racial tolerance and 1500 year multi-cultural history it frustrates the living fuck out of me at how fucking inward looking we can sometimes be and how we cling to shit for purely jingoistic reasons with no real consideration of fiscal / economic practicalities.

We are now staring down a barrel.  Who the fuck would want to trade in Sterling when we've got a national debt that our great grandchildren are going to be paying off.

When its 2 quid for every Euro I'll be laughing my fucking tits off in Cambodia  :gay: :dancepenis:

What say you my fellow Brits  :uk:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 201
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Re: Sound as a Pound ?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 02:22:51 PM »

Fuck you idiot is the short answer.

Firstly the pound is symbolic, its the ability to set our own interest rates and to a lesser exstent tax rates that really matter. Seeing are economy is syncronised with the US economy or the world one more than the Euro-bunker we are best staying out of it .This also reflects our balance of trade with the RotW. A cheaper pound also makes our goods cheaper so theres an inbuilt stabalising mechanism as well.

As for debt this has more to do with the crap labour governments pro-cyclical tax and spending polices. We have also got way better pension schemes than the rest of the EU, they are the ones in the shit.

I still have the $25 cheque for the f4$ competition and if   or when the pound bottoms out I'm cashing it.

Try not to get to deeply involved in topics you dont know in depth Barrow-boy.

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 04:53:07 PM »

Firstly the pound is symbolic, its the ability to set our own interest rates and to a lesser exstent tax rates that really matter. Seeing are economy is syncronised with the US economy or the world one more than the Euro-bunker we are best staying out of it .This also reflects our balance of trade with the RotW. A cheaper pound also makes our goods cheaper so theres an inbuilt stabalising mechanism as well.

As for debt this has more to do with the crap labour governments pro-cyclical tax and spending polices. We have also got way better pension schemes than the rest of the EU, they are the ones in the shit.

I still have the $25 cheque for the f4$ competition and if   or when the pound bottoms out I'm cashing it.

Try not to get to deeply involved in topics you dont know in depth Barrow-boy.

Cheers for that, cup of tea love ?

Great, perfect, our goods are cheaper abroad, its a shame that we don't have a manufacturing industry left really otherwise we'd be "quids in"...get it...boom boom.

The rules have changed in case you hadn't fucking noticed, its safety in numbers, economic blocks and we are more exposed than a Mumbai hotel diner when armed Paki's are in town. 

Its absolutely fantastic that we can set our own interest rates but I could have sworn that economic global consensus was being rallied to set as near to a zero base rate as possible.

Please don't be rude to me again, it really upsets me you know  :gay:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 06:12:31 AM »

What you dont get is the UK is an economic block in itself being one of the worlds larger economies.

Big doesn't mean beautiful see cacker for details. A lot of euro banks have failed so far to reveal their positions as well as a lot of their economic fundementals are worse than ours. Wait 6 months and I'm sure you will see this as well as one or 2 economies propelled out of the single currency at least.

My money would be on spain but it could just as easily be Italy. Spain is a crock and Italies debt plus its falling living standards make it a good second favourite.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 08:57:39 AM »

I never understood that all for one mentality.  If I was Germany (they seemed to be the only country in the plus column at that time), and someone came to me and said, we need to unify and make Europe one...the first thing I would have said was..well, I have the money, what are the rest of them bringing to the plate?  Italy, France, Spain etal..were riddled in debt, why should I make them solvent?

I would have said NO, NO NO....
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 10:42:58 AM »

I'm with Angelica on this one, but since I'm not a Brit I suppose I'm not qualified to weigh in on the subject.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 11:45:01 PM »

Fill yer boots luv

What you dont get is the UK is an economic block in itself being one of the worlds larger economies.

Big doesn't mean beautiful see cacker for details. A lot of euro banks have failed so far to reveal their positions as well as a lot of their economic fundementals are worse than ours. Wait 6 months and I'm sure you will see this as well as one or 2 economies propelled out of the single currency at least.

My money would be on spain but it could just as easily be Italy. Spain is a crock and Italies debt plus its falling living standards make it a good second favourite.

One of the worlds larger economies with a currency that's going down the shyter and a debt burden of astronomic proportions.  My personal opinion is that we are exposed more than we ever have been in my memory for sure, possibly longer, the proof of the pudding is the exchange rate.  Time will tell but our attitude towards Europe has always been reticent at best and I can see it fucking us up.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 377
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 02:20:43 PM »

I still have the $25 cheque for the f4$ competition and if   or when the pound bottoms out I'm cashing it.

DAHAHA, from when, 2007?

Stale Check

A document that is a promise to pay money that is held for too long a period of time before being presented for payment.

A check is considered to be stale when it is outstanding for a period of six months or more. A bank is not obligated to pay a stale check.

http://www.answers.com/topic/stale-check

I hope it's post dated.  :hammer:
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »

this place looks as good as any to post this...............

Liverpudlian Rhapsody (to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody)

Is this our Stevie?

Captain of LFC?
Arrested in Southport
All caught on CCTV.
Open "The Sun"
It's there on Page One, you'll see.
I'm just a Scouser
I need some help
Because I'm Huyton-born, Huyton-bred
Once a Blue, now a Red.
Whatever the truth is, it doesn't really matter to me.

[Piano: Dumm di dum dum, dumm di dum dum]

Rafa! It's Stevie here.
I've just t*watted a DJ
And they've taken him away.
Rafa, we were four points clear
But now I fear we'll throw it all away!
Rafa! Ooooooooooh.
Didn't mean to make you sigh
If I'm not back in time to play at Preston Tinker on, tinker on, my
career is all in tatters....

[Piano: Dum di dum di dum, dum di dum di dum]

Too late! It's Walton Jail.
I don't think that I can cope
I can't bend down for the soap.
Goodbye everybody - I've got to go
Gotta leave the Kop behind and face the Bench.
Rafa! Ooooooooooo! (Anyway the sh*it blows) I don't want to go to jail I
sometimes wish I'd never joined Liverpoo-ool!

[Piano, guitar and stuff]

I see a little silhouetto of Hamman
There's ,more dosh, there's more dosh if I sign for Man City But joining
such a sh*ite team is very very frightening to me

Calling Barry
(It's Rick Parry)
Calling Barry
(It's Rick Parry)
Calling Barry! He's Magnific-o-o-o-o

I'm just a poor boy from a Scouse family He's just a poor boy from a
Scouse family Spare him his job says Co-Coach Sammy Lee

Piano: Tinkle, tinkle tinkle

Easy come easy go! Will you let me go?
It's me, La!
No! We will not let you go! Let him go!
It's me, La!
No! We will not let you go! Let him go!
No no no no no no!
Rafa! Sammy! Rafa! Sammy! Rafa! Sammy! Get me out!
A Big House con has a shower set aside for me! For meee!

For meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

[Big Guitar Riff]

So you think you can say my career's in decline!
So you think you can suggest my kids are not mine!
Oh DJ! Can't do this to me DJ!
Just gotta get out! Just gotta get right outta here!

[More guitar and then the slow bit]

My career is now in tatters
Anyone can see
Nothing really matters! Nothing really matters to me!

Anyway the sh*it blows!

[Cymbal: pish]

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 05:30:40 PM »

"its me la"   :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Fucking classic, where's Scousedrel when you need him  :wheelchair:

If we could export piss taking Sterling would boom  :uk:

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »

Firstly the pound is symbolic

...and the representation of a fucked up, going bankrupt economy.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article5555898.ece

arete

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • arete probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 12:48:42 AM »

Get ready for the "ONE WORLD BANK".

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 12:59:56 PM »

So what this guy is saying in so many words that electing Obama was the biggest mistake in US history?

If we were in the Euro we would be bankrupt by now, its what cost the tories their credability.

Government spending needs to be cut by a third.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 377
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 10:35:15 PM »

LOL

Things seem like they are getting worse than the US..

The British pound fell 7.3 percent against the dollar this week to close at $1.3673 . During Friday trading, the pound briefly touched $1.3570 , its lowest point against the U.S. dollar since 1985. It fell to record lows this week against the Japanese yen.

Some big-name currency traders have suggested that the pound "is finished," a charge that provoked a strong reaction from Brown on Friday. Brown admitted that "nobody" saw the "possibility of complete market failure," but he said that an American stimulus package due to be completed in the coming weeks "will give Britain and the rest of the world a boost" and that the pound will regain its lost value.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20090123/wl_mcclatchy/3152148

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 05:22:06 AM »

Firstly it looks like Gordon Brown Doesn't know what market failure is which doesn't come as a big suprise.

Secondly since when have leftwing parties been good with the economy? We get rid of ours in less than 2 years which is good.

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 07:26:58 AM »

So, we know pretty much what happened here in the USA with oil speculation, bad loans in the housing market, and crooked motherfuckers running investment schemes. Thanks for doing your fucking job, SEC...

Anyhow, whats the deal in the UK? Who/where is the blame being placed? Is it all related to the mess the USA is in at the moment?

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 07:51:26 AM »

Sort of similer plus the gov has been running a pro-cyclical fiscal policy, that is, building up debt during the good times rather than clearing debt. This implies that they think the good times wont end, ie arrogant ignorant idiots, the sooner they are gone the better.

Barring a major productivity boom (or a bout of hyper inflation which will cause different problems)like the computer boom since the 80's this is going to take fucking ages to  clear, looks like youve just elected your idiot so it may pan out similar in the USA.

Still we dont have the pension liabilities like western europe due to their ageing population, they are in deeper shit its just bottled up atm.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 09:12:26 AM »

How come you guys don't use the Euro? :grin:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 10:21:07 AM »

How come you guys don't use the Euro? :grin:

The next thing our children will be singing Le Marseillaise  :confused:

Our banks also piled into the huge profits to be made from bundled up dodgy Yank mortgages kid  :grin:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009, 10:26:13 AM »

I'm half French so frankly, I think your children SHOULD be singing Le Marseillaise. But that's just me. ::)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.454 seconds with 40 queries.