ThirdRailForum

• September 26, 2017, 03:22:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks like Prince Harry has more of his mum's blood  (Read 1752 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 377
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Looks like Prince Harry has more of his mum's blood
« on: January 12, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »

So he got in trouble again for saying "paki" and "towel heads" on top of the Nazi costume he wore a couple of years ago. What's the big deal? Isnt that what most people in the UK call them anyways?

He's not running office or anything special that makes him an ambassador to all world cultures other than being born into a royal family. I think it's good he talks like anyone else would that age and sounds like you can have a beer with him.

Some people need to lighten the fuck up.

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Re: Looks like Prince Harry has more of his mum's blood
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 01:14:38 PM »

Um...so it's okie dokie with you if people toss the word "nigger" around as well? How about kike, hebe, faggot, spic, guinea...

It's not the point that he's famous, it's the point that perpetuating nasty fucking stereotypes is...well...nasty. I'd let my kid have it if I heard her saying that.

I know you can't censor everything everyone says, and I believe in freedom of expression so yeah, he has every right to use ignorant terminology like that in his daily speech. But he should expect to be called on it, just like anyone else.

And don't tell me it's not the same thing as saying "nigger," because it is to the people it's directed at. Bigotry is bigotry; just because there's no love lost between you and the particular group it's aimed at doesn't make it any less wrong.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »

I have used most of those words online and around friends since grade school but wouldnt do so, say in front of a judge in open court. My point is that i think most well-adjusted people talk like that in private and he said it in a home movie or something.

The words themselves are just words. If I call someone a towel head who looks like they wrapped their head in a towel, what's so horrible about that? If some wannabe rapper thug who ripped off a 7-11 last week calls himself a nigger and I also call him the same thing, why is that wrong?

Unless the words are used in the context and with a hateful intent, they should just be considered a colorful way of describing a group of people or an individual. Harry sounds like he was just fucking around with some friends but here comes politically correct police after him to make him write a 1000 word apology for his remarks.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 201
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 02:46:54 PM »

He wasn't giving a speech to the convent of the sisters of St Mary FFS.

He's in the army where that lingo is common and worse and it was a private jokey video that leaked out.

In the Falklands the troops got into trouble refering to the locals as "Bennies" after a retarded simpleton character in a soap opera.

Benny

They then started calling them stills, when asked what stills were the reply was "Still Bennies".

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 201
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 03:00:47 PM »

Oh and its Prince Phillip whos always making racial gaffes, personally I think its funny the way the pc brigade gets worked up into a lather.

When politicians send their sons of to the wars that they start(as the royals do) then maybe they can complain, untill then they can shove it.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 11:12:18 PM »

The most pathetically sickening thing about it was the fact that this "news" was headlined for the best part of two days bumping down the systematic slaughter of women and children in Gaza.

As Cookie says, it was just army banter, thats what happens in the mob, in fact thats what happens in ANY working class environment in Britain.  If I had a pound for every time I've been called a "soft Cockney cunt" since I've moved up here amongst these flat cap wearing whippet owning Northern scum I'd be credit crunch proof.

Harry is harmless enough, probably a nice enough lad but he's as thick as two short planks and if the News of the World constantly published stories about people being dumbfucks Cookie would have his own weekly column.

:wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 274
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:33:08 PM »

If some wannabe rapper thug who ripped off a 7-11 last week calls himself a nigger and I also call him the same thing, why is that wrong?

Unless the words are used in the context and with a hateful intent, they should just be considered a colorful way of describing a group of people or an individual.

:lmao:  I'm laughing inside posting this because I know Bra1n is gonna flip.

/just breaking balls

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »

Oh and its Prince Phillip whos always making racial gaffes

Surely Phil The Greek has insulted you yanks enough for you to understand which of our royals is the rascist maniac amongst them?

No?

In Australia in 2002, he asked an Aborigine if they "still throw spears". He also said to a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea that "you managed not to get eaten, then?"

: "If it has got four legs and it is not a chair, if it has got two wings and it flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it."

Our beloved Queens knock off insults across all boudaries and has done for years.

Makes me so proud to be English that i'm sure that's a little tear in my eye. :-\
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »

Call me a PC twat all you like, I have a problem with people using racist language regardless of where they are or who they're talking to. The definition of integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking. Perpetuating nasty stereotypes isn't funny. At least it's not to me.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 09:23:57 PM »

I have a problem with people using racist language regardless of where they are or who they're talking to.

Its a funny old world though innit.  Nobody would bat an eyelid if I called an Australian an Aussie but if I called a Pakistani a Paki.....  :wheelchair:

It would be a whole lot easier if the offended people could produce some sort of a manual to provide a guideline to what I can say to who  :snack:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 09:28:37 PM »

Stereotypes are stereotyped for a reason, PC twat.  :hammer:

Those Prince Phillip quotes are hilarious. :rotf:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 10:53:46 AM »

Stereotypes are stereotyped for a reason, PC twat.  :hammer:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha, I got Bra1n to call me a twat, roflmmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I fucking hope a blizzard comes to Florida. :goatse:

Violator

• Net.G()D...Scourge of the Apple IIE
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Violator probably just rolled in here.
  • Part of the International Oatmeal Conspiracy
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2009, 12:10:05 PM »

Harry sounds like he was just fucking around with some friends but here comes politically correct police after him to make him write a 1000 word apology for his remarks.
Yeah, i never understood this concept about people in general...

How exactly do you apologize for something you said and ment? I mean seriously, i've had people call me racist name, and then try to apologize...for what?  Like they didn't mean it?  Like they still don't think it?

lmao...

That whole PC thing is fucking stupid, i'd rather have a person in charge who is bold honest enough to say what they feel instead of playing the PC political game...Like George Bush, everyone and their mothers knows the Bush family has ties to the nazi party and can't stand minorities.  But they run around the country like they care about people, and people believe and accept that shit...

I have a problem with people using racist language regardless of where they are or who they're talking to. The definition of integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking. Perpetuating nasty stereotypes isn't funny. At least it's not to me.
It's refreshing that you feel this way in an honest aspect...i can dig it, and think it's a wonderful thing.  The only issue here is that this mindset and attitude is NOT the way things really work.  We as humans are not NICE and PEACEFUL by nature.  That is a myth that is moved along by politicians and the media to pacify the masses.

The reality is racism has always been here, and it will always be here...as will prejudice, stereotypes and the like.  If we had more honesty and truthfulness in life, i would be willing to bet that we as people could actually deal with these issues better if they were out in the open, instead of behind closed doors...

It would be a whole lot easier if the offended people could produce some sort of a manual to provide a guideline to what I can say to who
No, it would be easier if people could let shit roll of their backs instead of taking shit personal...IF it wasn't true then why get mad?  If it doesn't define or make you who you are, then why the anger?

Just my opinion...
\/ i () | /\ t () r-Elite Commando Procrastinator, trained in Deadly Arts of Coffee Breaks and Assassin Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation. The worlds First and only Inactivist of the Radical Status Quo. Re-animated Hypothetical Carnivore Phalanx of the Undead.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2009, 04:16:32 PM »

I guess you're right, to a point. I believe people ARE basically good and maybe not peaceful exactly, but well-intentioned. I don't think people are born hateful, and I don't think that they necessarily remain hateful. When I hear words like "nigger," "towel head," "dot head," or whatever, it upsets me.

Violator

• Quaestor
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »

I guess you're right, to a point. I believe people ARE basically good and maybe not peaceful exactly, but well-intentioned. I don't think people are born hateful, and I don't think that they necessarily remain hateful. When I hear words like "nigger," "towel head," "dot head," or whatever, it upsets me.
I can understand the idea in wanting to believe people are good  by nature...

But what exactly in our long and bloody history upon this planet shows that this is indeed the case?  For everyone that you can show was there to help the next man, i can show you Hitler or a Mao ready to destroy the planet...

We are simply more intelligent animals, but animals nonetheless...survival is the key...hence why you see 99% more lying cheating, stealing, backstabbing, bribing, and general bad doings from politicians than you see good...EVERY one has a line they are willing to cross to not be the one getting stepped on...
\/ i () | /\ t () r-Elite Commando Procrastinator, trained in Deadly Arts of Coffee Breaks and Assassin Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation. The worlds First and only Inactivist of the Radical Status Quo. Re-animated Hypothetical Carnivore Phalanx of the Undead.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 04:29:50 PM »

I can understand the idea in wanting to believe people are good  by nature...

But what exactly in our long and bloody history upon this planet shows that this is indeed the case?  For everyone that you can show was there to help the next man, i can show you Hitler or a Mao ready to destroy the planet...

We are simply more intelligent animals, but animals nonetheless...survival is the key...hence why you see 99% more lying cheating, stealing, backstabbing, bribing, and general bad doings from politicians than you see good...EVERY one has a line they are willing to cross to not be the one getting stepped on...

I suppose it depends on your viewpoint. You see the people dropping the bombs, I see the people helping the maimed and injured.

Violator

• Quaestor
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »

I suppose it depends on your viewpoint. You see the people dropping the bombs, I see the people helping the maimed and injured.
Not really, I'm just a realist...

I've done my share of volunteer work, still do, but i don't fool myself into thinking that if there was absolute freedom in the world...the outcome wouldn't be a peaceful one...it would be total anarchy with mass death.  That is simply the reality of human nature.  If our basic motives were to help and care for one another, our history wouldn't be laid out on a battlefield like it is.

I do admire your outlook, quite the pleasant view considering the world today...

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »

Not really, I'm just a realist...

I've done my share of volunteer work, still do, but i don't fool myself into thinking that if there was absolute freedom in the world...the outcome wouldn't be a peaceful one...it would be total anarchy with mass death.  That is simply the reality of human nature.  If our basic motives were to help and care for one another, our history wouldn't be laid out on a battlefield like it is.

I do admire your outlook, quite the pleasant view considering the world today...

I've been exposed to an enormous amount of vile human behavior in my lifetime, and I've seen people either sink into the muck and become part of the problem, or rise above it despite the obstacles and become part of the solution. I really don't believe that the world is a bad place filled with bad people - I've seen too much good for me to be convinced that it's anything other than a beautiful place, filled with challenges.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 05:38:39 PM »

Looks like Prince Harry has more of his mum's blood

I understand he keeps it in bottles on the shelf next to a box containing her eyes

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 06:13:44 PM »

Oh dear... :uhuh:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.434 seconds with 42 queries.