ThirdRailForum

• July 28, 2017, 07:19:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Bullied  (Read 3177 times)

plus minus reset

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
Bullied
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »

What do you feel about bullies or kids being bullied? I'll put myself out there because this has come to a head today and I'd like some other opinions.

I have a son who is 11. He has been picked on since he was in about 2nd grade for being different. He's smarter than your average kid, gets honor roll every year, not particularly good in sports, uses big words, etc. I tried to get him to say things differently, he just has no interest. I told him to tell the kids the names they were calling him were hella stupid or effing lame and instead he told them the names were "idiotic"

He's different. I told him kids will pick on him no matter where he goes because they are asshats and he is too smart for them.

They picked on him so bad one day he finally told the principal. She then took him into her office and had him read a book about bullies and how they are nice people who were bullied by a bigger bully and thats why they are mean to him. They are really nice inside. She told him if she said anything to the bullies they would tell her they didn't do anything and it would be worse for him.

She's right to a point, so I let this go on.

Today some kids who used to be his only friends and decided to go with the herd of asshead bullies stole his glasses and broke them.

They got busted and I'm not going to put up with it. If the kids don't get in trouble this time and $200 reimbursed to me because some fuckhead kids are dicks, I will go above the school to make sure something is done.

My questions are

Was the principal correct in not doing anything in the first place about the bullies and making my kid learn to deal with them? (I think yes and no - two sides to this one)

Was I too lax to begin with with these kids and should I have complained a long time ago?

And in this day and age - where kids kill themselves in class and come to school all pissed off shooting people (Quite a few in the last couple years in nearby schools here) because they were picked on, do you think the school should have some kind of mediation/plan for bullies and how to prevent them?

Part of me says NO- this is how it has always been and part of me says - holy shit kids are NOT the same as they used to be and need to be handled differently now that we know better.

Help! I need opinions damn it!

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
Re: Bullied
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 05:29:38 AM »

Kids will always look for easy meat to pick on to big themselves up. Teach him how to fight.

Your schools principle is a total arsehole, put the heat on him/her and threaten to go to the press aand his/her superiors. Soppy cunt sounds like a "her" though.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 364
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 12:43:03 PM »

First of all, I know kids that type and you can't teach them to fight. They're not good in sports and don't like confrontation and they just can't fight. It will be much worse if they try and get their ass kicked. They'll just be giving the bully a reason to strike at them. So that means the fighting option is limited to making friends with someone else who will stand up for him and hopefully kick the bullies ass. Not a good option.

What I would do first is to talk to the teacher(s) involved and also to the principal again to make them keenly aware of your concerns. Let them know about the busted glasses and other incidents which do not foster a proper learning environment for your son. Im a little surprised by the initial reaction of the principal because they should be especially on guard to prevent these things from happening. What kind of fuckwad principal would tell the person being bullied not to say anything to them and call it a day?

Either that irresponsible douchebag take care of the problem or you file a complaint against them with the school board. You can also try talking to an assistant principal who may be a bit more ambitious instead if you get no where with the principal.

The point is, you as a parent shouldnt be forced to having to track down these kids to talk to them yourself or talk to their parents on account of their wrongful behavior while they are in school. That's the job of the teachers and school staff. I know if i were in that position as a parent, those bullies would be seeing themselves being pointed out to me after or before school and they wouldn't like the look on my face but it shouldn't have to come to something like that on account of school administrators not doing their fucking jobs properly.
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 01:07:40 PM »

While I agree with Bra1n that some kids will never be fighters. See if you can get him to take up a martial art. He may never be good at it, but it will improve his self confidence and as such make him less of a target for bullies.

In the mean time make a shit load of noise at the school

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Your Mom
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:41:00 PM »

I wrote a letter diplomatically telling them that although I understand the psychology of bullies, they need to consider a program in order to teach the rest of the fucking school tolerance and not to be FUCKING DICKS. actually it was way good and the teacher acting for the principal who is out on jury duty left me a nice voice mail today and said that the principal will be calling me when she gets back. She didn't say what disciplinary action the three fuckheads got but that they were disciplined and parents notified. Whatever - If they don't do something about the bully situation at the school level I'm taking it to the district.

And yes how did you know the principal was female? hahaha asswhore.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 10:53:29 PM »

Shitty situation but the good news is that you are aware of it and all over it like a rash and that sure beats the shit out of it going on without your or anyones knowledge.

Fair play to the little fella for his linguistically savaging the twats  :rotf: 

The fists stage of his life will just last a handful of years but he'll be able to "tongue-slap" fuckers forever so the advantage will eventually be his eh

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:57:58 PM »

I agree martial arts will help with self-confidence so that at least he will stand up for himself.  If he doesnt stand up for himself then i can see how he would lose even his friends. If he stands up for himself (but doesnt fight) at least he should be able to keep some friends who empathize with him and see that what the bullies are doing is wrong.

I bet EB was a bully in school.  :lol:

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 11:01:05 PM »

Actually bra1n you are so right - we tried teaching him to fight and when he was visiting his army dad recently he tried to teach him. he just doesn't have it in him. I did get him to agree to go into tae kwon do or something. I told him it would make him have more confidence and make him understand his body a bit better. Once I told him he would be able to defend himself and not have to fight ever if he didn't want to, he was ok with it.

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »

I bet EB was a bully in school.  :lol:

I was the bullies bully.  :lol:

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »

bah. let him take his lumps. he shouldnt learn a martial art to "learn to fight" he should learn it to strengthen his mind and apply that discipline and focus to his everyday life.
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 07:40:51 PM »

bah. let him take his lumps. he shouldnt learn a martial art to "learn to fight" he should learn it to strengthen his mind and apply that discipline and focus to his everyday life.

Who suggested he should learn martial arts to learn to fight? It was suggested he did so for self confidence, you ignorant fuck stick.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 07:54:52 PM »

My eldest son was bullied for a short time at school and i confronted the parents of the bully face to face. I don't know what they did/said to the poor little sod but he was nice as pie from then on in.

No parent likes to think of thier kids being bullied so maybe if the parents aren't complete wastes of space perhaps they could exert a little discipline?
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »

1. Yay to the little guy for textually assaulting the bullies, even if the assclown fucksticks don't understand what he said to them. Some day, someone will look it up for them and they'll feel even stupider than they already are.

2. I fucking can't stand bullies. I hate them. I have told both my children that if I EVER hear of them bullying ANYONE, either verbally or physically, I will make sure that they learn a seriously hard lessong. Both my girls are totally opposite of bullies and will, in fact, take on a bully if another kid is afraid to do it or just doesn't want to fight.

3. I think martial arts to build self-confidence and body-awareness is an excellent idea. I don't think the little guy should be encouraged to fight if he truly doesn't have it in him, and I don't think he does. But just knowing that he's able to take care of himself if the situation arises will go a long way toward making his days easier. And he really should know that, while fighting is not to be encouraged, it is not only acceptable but preferable to fight back. He needs to know that it's a good thing to stand up for oneself. Not to be a tough guy; just to have some self-respect, and to keep him from getting his ass fully kicked.

I really hope the principal does something harsh to those little asslicks, and their parents need to not only pay you for the glasses but apologize to you personally and punish their little vipers on top of it. Fucking ass.  I blame the parents, I really do. How can you NOT know that your kid is running around picking on people just because they're "different?" I swear to GOD if I heard either of my kids did something like that I would break my own no hitting rule and smack the shit out of them.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 09:20:27 PM »

One of the very first things they teach kids in Karate is to walk away from fights. What the training does is allow them self confidence when doing so

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »

One of the very first things they teach kids in Karate is to walk away from fights. What the training does is allow them self confidence when doing so

Exactly. Unless you happen to join the Cobra Kai dojo with the evil sensei.  :vc:

The more traditional schools will kick you out if you get into a fight outside of class. What it does do to kids with self confidence issues is amazing. Ive seen a good share of skinny looking 10 year old pushovers transformed into self-confident young men who don't back down to anyone in their age group after a few months of training and competing in a tournament or two. Same with girls.

I've seen a couple of them who started out that way even become among the top ass-kicking competitors in the area. Martial arts is great for kids any age, especially those who are in need of a self-confidence boost.

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 10:09:23 PM »

Who suggested he should learn martial arts to learn to fight? It was suggested he did so for self confidence, you ignorant fuck stick.

gee. whaddya know, a lame. who would have thought?

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 10:24:16 PM »

I agree guys thanks for all your input. The kids that did the damage were suspended for a day and are to write an apology letter to him.

The thing about bullies now is not that they are beating kids up, they verbally abuse the kids they pick on. With my kid, they are just straight up jerks to him, pull the chairs out from under him when he goes to sit, make him so mad he finally says something in time to get in trouble by the teacher etc- and then the few friends he did have all want to be part of the "cool" crowd that picks on him. These kids that broke his glasses used to be his friends which hurts when you are a little kid. Jerk asses!

Have I said Jerk asses lately? Fuckin assheads.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 10:28:10 PM »

...and are to write an apology letter to him.

"wot we dids wuz rong an us aints gun do it agin"

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 10:46:06 PM »

"wot we dids wuz rong an us aints gun do it agin"

:lmao:

You know Fip, for some reason what you wrote made me reflect back to FC and the other flame forums but thinking back to grade school, it was the same way when i was growing up in the 70's and probably will always be like that.

Countless number of kids have used the negative energy from being made fun of and beaten up in school and turned it into positive motivation which they used to attain success later in life. Personally, I think it's part of social Darwinism and growing up. That doesn't make things any better for your son at the moment but hopefully in the long run, it will.

FipronilaTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »

Exactly - that's our plan! lol He says he wants to be an architect and an artist at the moment. I think he can. They are testing him for the gifted program on the 31st. I tell him those assheads at school are going to be serving him his whopper at Burger King when he makes his jillions of dollars and buys me my Audi!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.443 seconds with 42 queries.