ThirdRailForum

• September 26, 2017, 03:37:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Holy Crap! A 737 Just Crashed Into The Hudson  (Read 2316 times)

plus minus reset

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Holy Crap! A 737 Just Crashed Into The Hudson
« on: January 15, 2009, 04:18:09 PM »

They don't know why yet, or how many casualties. It was US AIrways, leaving LaGuardia, 136 passengers and 5 crew members, on its way to North or South Carolina. I'm watching the news right now. :confused:

And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
Re: Holy Crap! A 737 Just Crashed Into The Hudson
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »

Apparently no one was injured! Holy SHIT. It's cold out right now too, and the plane landed in the water.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:59:03 PM »

Forget the cold water, that's the least of their problems.  I don't even want to think of the shit that lives in that cesspool.  All you ever see is garbage, human waste, and floaters.   I think it may also harbor bacteria that can eat whole people alive...not even cold water kills that crap.  :rotf: :rotf:

Did you ever fish in the Hudson, all you ever catch are eels and used condoms...  :vc:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 377
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »

Nas-ty.

:turd:
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 06:08:10 PM »

It's not as disgusting as the East River. But it's pretty fucking close.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 06:13:41 PM »

It's not as disgusting as the East River. But it's pretty fucking close.

Not that bad?  NYC put a waste treatment plant on the West Side Highway (oops sorry...The Joe DiMaggio Highway, or as the New Yawkers call it...the Joey D) @ 125th St...with a kiddie park right next to it...hahahaha.  I guess that's one way to get rid of the neighborhood people.  :lmao: :grin:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 11:03:23 AM »

I didn't say "not that bad," I said "not as disgusting as the East River but pretty fucking close." Have you SEEN the East River? Shit, you can smell it for blocks before getting anywhere near it.

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 05:02:24 PM »

Can we get a high-five for Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III (the pilot)? Out-fucking-standing job.

Angelica

• Imperator
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »

I didn't say "not that bad," I said "not as disgusting as the East River but pretty fucking close." Have you SEEN the East River? Shit, you can smell it for blocks before getting anywhere near it.

How true, I think all the crap just gets circulated from East River to the Hudson River and back again.  :turd:

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »

Can we get a high-five for Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III (the pilot)? Out-fucking-standing job.

I'm pretty tempted to check out the Yank news sites but I can't be arsed.  I can only begin to imagine the standard media frenzy that is now going on concerning this guy.  There will most probably come a point where the poor cunt wishes that he'd buried his jet into the Chrysler Building  :slap:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

thekid65

• Imperator
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 07:11:50 PM »

Yeah, he's getting props all over. Wouldnt be surprised to see him be at Obamas side this Tues.

Angelica

• Imperator
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 06:57:19 AM »

These are actual videos of the plane going down into the Hudson....  Looked like a pinpoint touchdown!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28678832#28705681

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 274
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2009, 08:25:32 AM »

Note:  People have been saying this is fake because the WTC is in the background.  That's actually the AOL/TimeWarner Center in midtown.

Action starts at about 2:00

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

thekid65

• Imperator
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2009, 08:31:03 AM »

These are actual videos of the plane going down into the Hudson....  Looked like a pinpoint touchdown!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/28678832#28705681

I hadnt see that before, sweet fucking landing!

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 12:28:14 PM »

The mayor gave him the key to the city. The guy deserves all the credit and accolades he's getting, he kept a plane full of people from getting killed.

Oh - wtf is confusing the AOL/Time building with the WTC? Fucking hicks.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 01:46:38 PM »

That looked more like a rough landing than a crash. That pilot is going to be in huge demand by the corporate airline sector after this. He'll probably be able to name his price.

It's amazing to see how the currents swept the plane away in that video. It looked like it was going a good 5-8 knots. What was disconcerting to see is that no emergency personnel showed up in the video. They all appear to be ferries. If it weren't for the ferries, those people would still be standing there in the freezing waters for much longer and i bet every minute out there felt like an hour to them.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 01:52:37 PM »

No shit, it had to be awful being in stinking, freezing cold water even for half a second.

thekid65

• Imperator
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 01:55:54 PM »

No shit, it had to be awful being in stinking, freezing cold water even for half a second.

Compare that to being dead? Ya... I'll take the cold shit-water for a little bit.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2009, 01:56:42 PM »

What I'm saying is if they hadn't been rescued as quickly as they were, they would have been dead anyway, and that seems like a pretty unpleasant way to go.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2009, 02:04:09 PM »

What was the temp that afternoon, like 20? Anyone who got wet would be in a race against time to keep from dying from hypothermia. That's one thing i learned from watching Survivorman - don't get wet and build a fire!!  :lol:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.461 seconds with 39 queries.