ThirdRailForum

• December 14, 2017, 09:40:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gun laws in Europe, what's the point?  (Read 1105 times)

plus minus reset

thekid65Topic starter

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
Gun laws in Europe, what's the point?
« on: January 23, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »

My European buddies have harped on me for a couple of years now, chastising Americans rights to bear arms. They would have the government take our guns away. It wont fucking work, I say.

So, today, we read about this.

Story

Now, I know what your saying, "Kid, WTF has this got to do with gun ownership?"

Well, I'll tellya...first an foremost, if a fucking nutjob is going to commit mass murder, he's gonna find a way to do it..plain and simple. Would Europe outlaw knives now?

But secondly, Belgium pretty much outlawed gun ownership a couple of years ago, and if you read the article, one can tell it's been a flop. Over 75% of the weapons remain unaccounted for. Can you imagine the undertaking in the USA? Im-fucking-possible.

And maybe.. just maybe, if someone on the scene had a CCW permit, this fucker could have been stopped before the carnage got as bad as it did.

Ya, we'll keep our guns... thank you very much.

OMFG It's TOE!

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.
  • Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football ChampWin vs Caskur
Re: Gun laws in Europe, what's the point?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 12:41:48 PM »

I think Canada has it right as far as guns go. We actually have more people with guns than the USA (per capita anyway), and much lower crime rates, especially crimes involving guns. The reason for this is because we've outlawed hand guns which helps lower street crime. You can't exactly conceal a rifle or shotgun while walking down the street.

However, we can still feel safe in our homes with a trusty rifle or shotty in the bedroom in case some fucktard decides to break in during the night. We also have said rifles to defend ourselves against the government if need be which is the entire reason our Southern neighbours were given the right to bear arms in the first place.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 217
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »

we need our guns back.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 02:40:44 AM »

Personally my opinion has been swung on Yank gun ownership (not that its any of my fucking business) having listened to my septic tank mates down the years and within the next few years I may even start dropping the "u" in words like harbour.

Belgians are fucking weird  :hammer:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

thekid65Topic starter

• Imperator
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 06:53:25 AM »

Personally my opinion has been swung on Yank gun ownership

Well, there goes that debate.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 07:25:03 AM »

within the next few years I may even start dropping the "u" in words like harbour.

It's about time you Brits learned how to spell correctly!   :slap:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 09:11:40 AM »

I'm not digging the fact that my new senator is some hick from upstate who's in the NRA. Who let her into the Democratic party, and why isn't Cuomo in the senate? :confused:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

thekid65Topic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 09:17:18 AM »

Whats wrong with the NRA?

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 09:18:33 AM »

Whats wrong with the NRA?

Oh absolutely nothing, I love an organization that thinks you need armor piercing bullets to shoot deer. God knows, the deer are out there in kevlar with guns of their own.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

thekid65Topic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 09:26:48 AM »

It's the same organization that offers courses on gun safety, and advocates our right to bear arms. And besides, didnt you know that PETA has been outfitting deer with Kevlar vests?

Sheeeeeeesh. Hows a hunter supposed to fill his fridge with venison?

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 09:27:34 AM »

Waldbaums. And it's kosher.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »

Ah fuck it, in for a penny.....

So kid, whats your ideal United States of Ammomerica ?  Would it be wild west style where every single citizen is packing ?

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »

I have bare arms in my avatar. ::)

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 10:22:04 AM »

I'm not digging the fact that my new senator is some hick from upstate who's in the NRA. Who let her into the Democratic party, and why isn't Cuomo in the senate? :confused:
I can see here changing sides once she is in the Senate..those upstaters are Dems until they get elected, then they shed their sheeps clothes and become fucking werewolves!
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 10:24:22 AM »

I know. Apple knocking cousin fuckers. :rotf:

thekid65Topic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2009, 10:43:31 AM »

Ah fuck it, in for a penny.....

So kid, whats your ideal United States of Ammomerica ?  Would it be wild west style where every single citizen is packing ?

Just as it is, bro...just as it is. Does every American need to carry a gun 24/7? Absolutely not. And face it, there's a lot here that abhor guns, so that would never be an issue. "De-arming" America would be an impossibility, and unfortunately, if that were to happen, those that are responsible enough to own guns and use them wisely, would be the ones who follow the law, and turn them in. Leaving nothing but the criminals with the weapons.

Folks (like Persephone) would whine and cry about fully automatic weapons (which are generally illegal, BTW), and certain types of bullets.... and mistakenly report that the NRA advocates using them for hunting...not true. And I guess if you've never shot one.. you wouldnt understand.. it's fucking fun! And face it, these types of weapons are totally useless when it comes to hunting, they simply arent accurate enough. Nobody hunts with those. And nobody advocates their use for hunting. But for fun and games, and general target shooting, they are a kick in the pants.

Like I said in the OP, if a fucking nut-job wants to commit a heinous act on folks, he/she does not need a gun.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 10:47:01 AM »

Sorry man, but I've had a gun pointed at me. In fact, I had it in my mouth. Not only did it taste unpleasant, but the fact is that the psycho criminal rapist douchebag that was holding it was legally allowed to have it. It was registered. So, whatever.

thekid65Topic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2009, 10:50:06 AM »

And I've watched buddy take two in the chest and die. Irrelevant. Would you outlaw knives if you had one placed at your throat instead of a gun in your mouth?

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2009, 10:52:04 AM »

Possibly. I'm not very open minded on the subject, and I'll be the first to admit it. Let them all use sporks, like in the mental hospital.

This is one of the reasons I lost my last bid for the Senate. ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 39 queries.