ThirdRailForum

• August 21, 2017, 03:43:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Closing Gitmo  (Read 474 times)

plus minus reset

thekid65Topic starter

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
Closing Gitmo
« on: January 24, 2009, 10:24:01 AM »

Do you think it was inappropriate for FoxNews personalities to muse about "Is Obama really the POTUS?"..."Is our country already less safe?"..."If Obama has his way the terrorists will bring death, destruction and mayhem to our soil."

The difference is MSNBC reported it...a mere background noise without censoring it.  FoxNews is stirring the pot.

I'm not sure which broadcaster you are quoting there. I only watch one on Fox, and that would be Oreilly. And as I recall, a similar question was posed, but without the rhetoric that you quoted. For my evening news, I'll watch ABC, as they appear to be the least biased. I like Oreilly afterwords, because he brings shit to the forefront that makes people think. He puts heat on politicians/states that refuse to pass Megans law (including those in my home state, Idaho), and IMO..he pretty much calls a spade a spade.

But the question raised is a valid one, IMO. Closing Gitmo...yeah, good idea. I dont think it's right to hold folks in prison without charging them. Eliminating waterboarding, and closing CIA detention centers in other countries?? I'm not so sure about that. I personally have no issue with getting info from known/proven terrorists that may help prevent future attacks on the United States. Whatever the means.

Of course the future will either prove him right, or prove that he made a mistake. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point, but Lord help him if we're attacked on our own soil in the near future.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
Closing Gitmo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 08:04:48 PM »

IMO. Closing Gitmo...yeah, good idea. I dont think it's right to hold folks in prison without charging them. Eliminating waterboarding, and closing CIA detention centers in other countries?? I'm not so sure about that. I personally have no issue with getting info from known/proven terrorists that may help prevent future attacks on the United States. Whatever the means.
Let me ask you, would you allow evidence in a case that used torture? There have been many criminals that used torture to get what they wanted, and used the defense of "they wanted what was done to them"...so were they right?

I wonder how you would hold up to being water boarded. I wonder what you would eventually admit to doing (even if it wasn't true) to stop the torture, how many people you would willing to give up just to stop the torture...but then again, you're in the comfort of your own home, drinking your Natty, scratching your balls, while someone is being tortured to get the information the Bush Administration wanted.  Ahhh, nothing like justice the Bush way!
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Violator

• Net.G()D...Scourge of the Apple IIE
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Violator probably just rolled in here.
  • Part of the International Oatmeal Conspiracy
Closing Gitmo
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »

Eliminating waterboarding, and closing CIA detention centers in other countries?? I'm not so sure about that. I personally have no issue with getting info from known/proven terrorists that may help prevent future attacks on the United States. Whatever the means.
Well if they stayed OUT of the other countires, you'd more than likely not have to worry about those so called "terrorist" attacks...

being oppressed, and being treated as a slave tends to have a negative effect on people in general...

All i know is that if another country was doing to the U.S., what the U.S. is doing to the countries in the middle east...you can bet your bottom dollar i'd be bombing the fuck out of whatever country it was trying to run my country...
\/ i () | /\ t () r-Elite Commando Procrastinator, trained in Deadly Arts of Coffee Breaks and Assassin Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation. The worlds First and only Inactivist of the Radical Status Quo. Re-animated Hypothetical Carnivore Phalanx of the Undead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 35 queries.