ThirdRailForum

• July 23, 2017, 10:52:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Senate leader says Blagojevich wants time at trial  (Read 951 times)

plus minus reset

EZ!Topic starter

• Foreigner
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • EZ! probably just rolled in here.
Senate leader says Blagojevich wants time at trial
« on: January 28, 2009, 05:24:02 PM »

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. ? The president of the Illinois Senate says Gov. Rod Blagojevich wants to make a closing statement at his impeachment trial.

Sen. John Cullerton told colleagues Wednesday the governor has asked for the time Thursday. Cullerton says Blagojevich isn't asking to testify. That would involve his answering questions from senators.

Blagojevich has refused to take part in the trial so far, spending the time on a media blitz instead. He says Senate impeachment trial rules are unfair and that he's done nothing wrong.

Cullerton, a Democrat like the governor, is recommending the Senate allow Blagojevich to speak. It's a view also supported by the Senate's top Republican, Christine Radogno.

Rod's just like any other politician, he's gotten the "double talk" down to a science. He's "boycotting" the trial, but yet he states in several interviews that he wished that he could take his witnesses in there to testify. He stated that he wished that he was in Springfield so that he could confront his accusers. The only person stopping him from doing that is him. The Senate has his "witnesses" and they have the tapes.

Maybe sometime soon Illinois will have a governor that isn't a crook!

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
Re: Senate leader says Blagojevich wants time at trial
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 05:43:12 PM »

"Maybe sometime soon Illinois will have a governor that isn't a crook!"

Now why would they wanna go and fuck up a time honored tradition?

Blago is the true definition of a fucknut, and he's milking out his last few days doing the talk show circuit.

Even Nixon figure out the simple premise that "If the tapes are legit, ya gotta up and quit"

So instead of doing the honorable thing when one is busted, this fucker goes ahead and appoints a Senator, boycotts his impeachment trial..and goes on the fucking View  :rotf:

It's times like these when I wish we had the Chinese system of punishment for corrupt politicians.

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 08:57:26 PM »

i still maintain that he is innocent until found guilty. this has been handled terribly from the start and the man is being tried through the media and has chosen to respond in kind. i almost dont blame him, even though i dont doubt he is as crooked and as corrupt as they come.

we've only heard what snippets of conversation one side has released and wanted us to hear. to begin with, that is just wrong. if that information is evidence of prosecutable wrong doing, why is it being released to the public for judgment?

EZ!Topic starter

• Foreigner
  • EZ! probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 11:34:34 PM »

i still maintain that he is innocent until found guilty. this has been handled terribly from the start and the man is being tried through the media and has chosen to respond in kind. i almost dont blame him, even though i dont doubt he is as crooked and as corrupt as they come.

Guilty!

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich thrown out of office

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 11:56:08 PM »

Guilty!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you have to admit all those interviews were an endless source of amusement! i sat dumbfounded watching him on rachel maddow! and the way he stood there and begged those senators?? fucking priceless!!!!! god damn who needs reality tv??  :lmao:

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 250
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 12:24:42 AM »

Who'll be laughing when Fitzgerald drops the charges or he's acquitted? :sad:

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 12:37:10 AM »

i will for one...but come on! you have to admit the shit he comes up with is pretty fucking masterful, which i find highly amusing.

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 12:40:18 AM »

Yeah, his old movie analogies are top shelf. 

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 12:46:48 AM »

mandela?!? ghandi!? the anti-nixon?? that shit is FUCKING classic!!!!!!!! it's illinois ffs!! bahahaha!! they shoulda kept him around just for the shear entertainment factor. he should do the borgata! i think i'd pay to see him!

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 12:57:18 AM »

Fitzgerald:  "We're gonna give you a fair trial, followed by a first class hangin'."

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 01:06:45 AM »

i dont know enough, nor care enough to know, but what happens next? do you think they'll pursue charges against the wife??

does anyone else find it hysterical that a bank can try to purchase a jet with tarp money and theyre just unofficially warned that its a no, no or that the potus and veep admit to ordering the torture of others causing the entire world to look down their noses at us and we're likely just going to choose to look forward instead of back, but yet there is a majority who wants to see a man condemned for being nothing much more than a loudmouthed asshole?  :lmao:

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 01:11:46 AM »

...or some CEO gets a multi-million dollar bonus for laying off thousands of workers....then gives out billions in bonuses to his underlings and remodels his offices for millions. 

/fucked up world

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 01:23:20 AM »

i know!! wtf was up with that 1600 dollar trash can?? i think it was that much, coulda been more, but really...who makes a trash can that expensive and like if you pay that much for it do you actually use it? is it just for show?? does it like eat the trash or do a little jig when you drop in an apple core?? i want to see that trash can. i may even like a date with it.  :vc:

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 01:50:59 AM »

If I pay $1600 for a trash can, it better give head at midday...everyday and make me a sammich.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 02:03:59 AM »

a pulled pork sammich at that!  :vc:

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »

This guy is vying with Madoff for my "hero of the moment" slot.  As Governor he would back track on promises that he'd made so often that fuckers started to get him to sign shit, what a slippery fucker  :rotf:

Absolute quality that he stood there and pleaded his little old heart out in front of the State Senate and got a 59 - 0 vote  :wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 01:22:25 PM »

Now, if we can just finish the fucker off with criminal charges...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.309 seconds with 40 queries.