ThirdRailForum

• July 28, 2017, 07:25:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Birth of octuplets raises controversy over fertility treatment  (Read 3060 times)

plus minus reset

princess of ptTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 28 (Xinhua) -- The recent birth of octuplets at a Los Angeles hospital has drawn applause from around the United States, but a controversy has also emerged over whether the mother's doctors did enough to prevent such a risky pregnancy.

Doctors at Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Medical Center in Los Angeles said the eight babies, six boys and two girls, are doing well after they were delivered on Monday by cesarean section 9.5 weeks early.

The babies, ranging in weight from 1 pound 8 ounces to 3 pounds4 ounces, are the second-ever set of surviving octuplets born in the United States.

The first live-born octuplets in the United States, including six girls and two boys, were born in Houston in 1998. One of the girls died after a week.

Medical experts say it is virtually out of the question that the eight babies born in the Los Angeles hospital were conceived naturally, noting that reproductive experts have the tools and the know-how to avoid such high-risk pregnancies.

"When we see something like this in the general fertility world, it gives us the heebie-jeebies," Michael Tucker, a clinical embryologist in Atlanta and a leading researcher in infertility treatment, told the Los Angeles Times on Wednesday.

"If a medical practitioner had anything to do with it, there's some degree of inappropriate medical therapy there," he added.

more here

so, what say you? ive always felt that fucking with reproduction is dangerous. i view it as almost a darwinian repercussion when an individual is not equipped to functionally reproduce, whether it be a male or female. in particular, a female. if a body continually rejects a fertilized embryo, there is a reason for it. i feel that harvesting a sperm and an egg and fertilizing them outside of the body and placing them into a host, not only has its potential for social conflict, but physically youre producing a child that may posses an inferior genetic composition that wasnt meant to thrive evolutionarily.

i also feel that utilizing drugs to induce the release of eggs or clinically harvesting and then fertilizing them outside the body and then returning them to the uterus in order to enable successful fertilization is also fucking with the natural order and because it heightens the potential health risks to both the mother and the multiple births, it should not be a routine medical procedure.

any medical practitioner who allows an exorbitant pregnancy (more than 2-3 fetuses) should not be allowed to practice medicine.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Re: Birth of octuplets raises controversy over fertility treatment
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 06:32:18 AM »

Adopt.

Next.

(Where's the vagina clown car picture?)
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 05:59:08 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28927339/

WTF, this is a single young Mom, living at home with her parents, has 6 kids already, and now has given birth to 8 more.

I hope they are independently wealthy and can afford the 14 children.  Otherwise, we will be the ones that in the long run will be maintaining them for the rest of their lives.

I truly think that children deserve individual attention from their parents and with that many it seems there is no way they can get that much of their mom's much needed attention without always having to share it or be interrupted.

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 253
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:27:26 AM »

:lmao:  that pussy is wrecked....better call Maaco.

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:28:50 AM »

And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »

I posted Clown Car in the other thread about this. :rotf:

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 364
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 04:28:48 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28927339/

WTF, this is a single young Mom, living at home with her parents, has 6 kids already, and now has given birth to 8 more.

I hope they are independently wealthy and can afford the 14 children.  Otherwise, we will be the ones that in the long run will be maintaining them for the rest of their lives.

They cant. I heard some shit on Good Day LA on the net this morning that the father or grandfather was going to go back to Iraq to work as a contractor to help pay for the expenses. And also that having that many embryos implanted was illegal in this country so maybe they went somewhere else to get that done and circumvent the law. In any case, this is one fucked up story.
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Your Mom
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »

I posted the story first. neener haha

Fucking seven already at home and then 8? what the fuck man.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 10:56:46 PM »

Well shit there's three threads I was second!

Seriously folks wtf should she have been allowed fertility drugs and shit already having had 7 already? Really is it necessary? If I were the dr. I would have said sorry go see someone else.

princess of ptTopic starter

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 06:05:29 AM »

lmmfao, you notice how rare it is for men to comment on such things as mass child birth? like, with abortion theyre cool with discussing it because of the whole murder aspect, they dont have to think about speculums, curets and little vaccums. but, put the thought of a few pounds dropping out of a vagina (in this case cutting them out, but thats close enough i suppose, hehehe) in their head for one instance and its like shell shock and they dont want to know nuthin' bout it! i dont think they'll even bother to open one of the 3 threads made about the topic.  :rotf: :rotf:

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 06:28:01 AM »

Maybe we should combine all the threads into one....
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 07:19:08 AM »

lmmfao, you notice how rare it is for men to comment on such things as mass child birth? like, with abortion theyre cool with discussing it because of the whole murder aspect, they dont have to think about speculums, curets and little vaccums. but, put the thought of a few pounds dropping out of a vagina (in this case cutting them out, but thats close enough i suppose, hehehe) in their head for one instance and its like shell shock and they dont want to know nuthin' bout it! i dont think they'll even bother to open one of the 3 threads made about the topic.  :rotf: :rotf:

I have watched childbirth a few times and found that it reminded me of the Alien movies.

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 07:20:38 AM »

Maybe we should combine all the threads into one....

psst...Angel...you're a mod. You can do that, cant you?

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2009, 07:27:01 AM »

Given a straight choice between attending childbirth and baby seal clubbing, pass me the Louisville Slugger  :puke:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Angelica

• Imperator
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »

psst...Angel...you're a mod. You can do that, cant you?

I can only modify in the News section, not here.  Only a Global Mod can do that..fucker

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 07:38:07 AM »

Given a straight choice between attending childbirth and baby seal clubbing, pass me the Louisville Slugger  :puke:

What an excellent idea.  You don't have to use both hands to hold the bat, do you?

AZtucson

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »

I think this woman should have her reproductive organs roto-rooted out like tree roots in a drainpipe. 

This is an example of lunacy mixed with a fair amount of arrogance, in light of population growth.  In the 70's ZPG (Zero Population Growth) gained a slight foothold, but it quickly faded away.  I'd like to see it become a topic of national interest - hell, even worldwide interest.  But the chances of it happening are about zero.

In cases like this, to try and implement any restraints via the physician is probably fruitless.  Doctors are so enthralled with their ability to pull of shit like this they'll keep doing it.  And how would you ever monitor or regulate a policy against it?

In general the human race is totally blind to the problem of out-of-control population growth.  With the exception of the Chinese, and their policy of 2 kids max was pretty much viewed as a savage dictum by a communist state.

My favorite thing - religion, contributes to the problem.  Not to long ago I saw an article about some evangelical bastards down in Arkansas who were just proud as punch that they'd spawned 16 fucking kids.  Oh isn't that great! - there future extended family tree will look the the geometric growth pattern of cockroaches in a slum apartment.

I really think that having kids should be a licensed and regulated activity, but I imagine that really wouldn't be too popular with the public.  Maybe placing snipers outside the houses of people with huge broods of kids, and picking the little bastards off as they walked out the door? - nope. probably would get voted down.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 11:05:13 AM »

This idiot broad's dad is going back to Iraq because nobody in the house makes enough money to feed the family, wtf? Her doctor is an irresponsible asshat and should be stripped of his medical license.

I mean hell. I have two kids. It's hard enough these days to make sure that just TWO have a good life, to work full time and give them the individual attention that they need, I can't IMAGINE having FIFTEEN OF THEM. :hammer:

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Your Mom
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.399 seconds with 43 queries.