ThirdRailForum

• November 24, 2017, 11:45:46 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Fuck is WRONG WIth People?  (Read 1514 times)

plus minus reset

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
The Fuck is WRONG WIth People?
« on: January 29, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »

I've been temping in a customer service call center for a home heating oil company, and I have to tell you, people are just fucking either stupid or grimy.

All day long, I get nothing but abuse. I understand that you don't call your oil company in the middle of winter because everything is grand, okay? I know you're cold, your heat's been off all night, you're out of oil - whatever.

But honestly, what the fuck. A man calls and his wife's on someone else's line screaming the exact same shit - they're double-teaming and they do it for hours.  Another one calls, leaves a message with me for another rep, then calls RIGHT BACK and asks for the rep again (whom I told him already is out to lunch and will be for an hour) and says he spoke to someone this MORNING. I guess the asshat didn't realize I was the one that took the message.

Another one calls and says, "I want to talk to someone with a brain and that doesn't include YOU."

The best was the guy last week. Calling all day, telling me he had no oil. PS - we had delivered at 10 that morning, he just hadn't checked his mail box. Then he needed a service guy, so he called back AND DISGUISED HIS FUCKING VOICE. Like I wouldn't know it was him when he gave me the account number.

Seriously, what the fuck? How hard is it to start off pleasant, or at least civil? People suck ass, I swear. :hammer:

And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
Re: The Fuck is WRONG WIth People?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »

I've said it numerous times. Dealing with Joe Q. Public sucks ass.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:55:15 PM »

Considering the fact that I have their names, addresses, phone numbers, employer info and credit card/bank specifics, these fuckers should REALLY consider being nicer to me.

Just sayin. :grin:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »

Long Island is literally swarming with obnoxious people named Shapiro. Just so you're all aware.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »

The best was the guy last week. Calling all day, telling me he had no oil. PS - we had delivered at 10 that morning, he just hadn't checked his mail box. Then he needed a service guy, so he called back AND DISGUISED HIS FUCKING VOICE. Like I wouldn't know it was him when he gave me the account number.

Seriously, what the fuck? How hard is it to start off pleasant, or at least civil? People suck ass, I swear. :hammer:

:lmao:

For someone living in florida who has never had to deal with heating oil, explain to me how that works. They have an oil tank at home and a company sends a truck to fill it up when they call? What do people get pissed off about?
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 07:13:28 PM »

You have an oil tank with a gauge on it, and the gauge tells you how much oil you have left. You can either be on automatic delivery, which goes by degree days and you get oil when OUR end says you need it (the sensible easy thing to do) or you can constantly check it yourself and order a delivery when it gets to about 1/4 of a tank (the dumbass cumbersome way to do it). If you're supposed to be fucking monitoring your own usage, how is it my fault that you ran out, numbnuts? And if you're that cold? Go drive around til we get there, the car is warm and gas is cheaper than heating oil anyway.

I'm really not a people person. AND on top of it, this company wants to keep me because of the way I handle the customers.  Go figger.

thekid65

• Imperator
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:34:44 PM »

"AND on top of it, this company wants to keep me because of the way I handle the customers.  Go figger."

Bullshit, it's all about the cleavage.

Gabbadonkadonk

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gabbadonkadonk probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 08:51:27 PM »

I wouldn't have your job for anything!

I call my internet/cable company all the time with problems, but I shoot the breeze with them and joke around while computers are rebooting or whatever.  The bunch from Tyler Texas are the best.  I've sat around and shot the bull with those techs before AFTER they've fixed my problem.
I want to be the kind of woman that when my feet hit
the ground each morning the devil says,
"OH SHIT, SHE'S UP"!

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 12:06:09 AM »

LOL I'm the customer service manager at my company guess what? People are fucking asshole dicks and THAT is why (you now see) that I cuss so fucking much on the forums I frequent. Because I can't all day being the MANAGER of MAKING PEOPLE FUCKING HAPPY in Califucking-suehappy-ornia

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 01:18:34 AM »

lmao at your avie and siggy fip!!  :rotf:

i hate to admit this, but i always tend to be the unreasonable douchebag on the other end of the phone. soon as i get an answer i dont like, i immediately demand to speak with a manager and dont tend to let up until i get my way. :blush:

i think its because i have to be nice at work too and pretend that i genuinely care that some 300 pound oafs other leg is rotting off his body because he ate a box or 6 of entemanns chocolate frosted instead of controlling his sugar and he cant even move his fat, sweaty, smelly fucking ass over to my exam table without my assistance.   :lmao:

edit: it pays to be a bitch sometimes  :vc:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 217
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 04:42:14 AM »

I tend to be polite and go up the chain of command if im messed about, the only ones who wind me up are the staff from india on my ISP, and its no point cussing em cos half the fuckers can hardly understand english anyway.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 06:34:35 AM »

I'm gonna be needing a Ramsey sig for the duration of HK.

Just so you know - sometimes I'm the manager, sometimes Bonnie is the manager, sometimes Jessie is the manager - it depends on who's available. But none of us are really managers, and the actual manager told us to tell these morons that we ARE.

"AND on top of it, this company wants to keep me because of the way I handle the customers.  Go figger."

Bullshit, it's all about the cleavage.

How DARE you! I would NEVAH use my body to get or retain a job. Apologize at ONCE. ::)

Willow

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Willow probably just rolled in here.
  • Karysma in hiding. :P
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 07:26:58 AM »

I had a guy tell me yesterday that he wants to speak to a manager and I had 3 seconds to get him on. In a sickly sweet voice I said "May I place you on hold while I get a manager for you?" He screamed at me and said no, 3 seconds and started counting down. I repeated my line, nice as can be. About 5 times of going in a circle like that, he let me place him on hold....after telling me I had 2 minutes and that he was timing me!! What did he think he was going to do after 2 minutes? Shoot through the phone? All over his gf's license that was suspended and the supervisor told him the same shit I did. Penndot isn't like stores. You can't complain and think we're going to shorten suspensions or waive fees. We're bound by the law but people don't like to hear that. It's fun to keep telling them 'no', though!!

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 08:27:44 AM »

I'ma keep track of the calls and make a daily asshat report. :hammer:

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 09:56:04 PM »

If I did that you guys would hate me - there are so manymanymany per day lol. My favorite are the companies I deal with in PA and NJ both of them are the single worst assholes I deal with. They instantly start off rude as fuck and as soon as I tell them half of what I need them to look up, I get "I don't know what you're talking about" OH ASSFUCKER, I KNOW because I DIDN'T FINISH TELLING YOU the REST of the motherfucking INFO you need to LOOK THE STORE UP! ASSHAAATTTT. The ionly cool thing is they never realize who I am until I tell them I'm the boss and I need to speak to their boss and then they help me all quick like.

Ugh.

All better, I'm so fucking glad this week is over.

PS- disclaimer! I was born in NJ and have relatives all over, doesn't mean the assfucks at these companies are nice though. I swear they get trained at how to be an assjockey school for rude fuckers. Who can't read good.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 07:53:51 AM »

My favorite are the companies I deal with in PA and NJ both of them are the single worst assholes I deal with.

WTf are you tawking 'bout, we're fucking respectful. (psst..we know were you live :wink:)!  :grin:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 11:13:41 AM »

So I get called in to the boss' office yesterday and she starts in telling me how she loves my phone style, I have just enough honey in my voice to keep the asstards from going off the deep end, and then she tells me she's putting me in charge of the new pricing team starting end of February, because I have a financial background. So yeah great, they offered me substantially more money to stay there than to go to the cable company, but now I'm gonna be getting money calls on top of everything else.

This is all Bush's fault.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 11:20:44 AM »

Oh, just as an aside - I actually really like the people I work with, they're almost as twisted as me, except for one. And don't get it confused, I'm HUGELY grateful that I've got a job at all. The fact that they're offering me more money to stay is great too. It's just the PEOPLE ON THE OTHER END OF THE LINE that I can't stand.

thekid65

• Imperator
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »

I found that to be true...if ya work with decent folks, the job, no matter what it is..can be a lot of fun.

PersephoneTopic starter

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2009, 11:28:27 AM »

Absolutely. I mean, we're all in the same boat, and I laugh harder in that office than in any other job I've ever had. "You have to come right now, my cat is sneezing from the chill." How could you NOT laugh.

And like I said - I'm grateful for the check right now, things are scary out there.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 1.501 seconds with 40 queries.