ThirdRailForum

• November 23, 2017, 04:24:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: A Banner Idea.  (Read 2466 times)

plus minus reset

53V3NTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • 53V3N probably just rolled in here.
  • Yeah, I know...
A Banner Idea.
« on: February 06, 2009, 11:22:36 PM »

Not sure if you are interested in this but thekid seemed to like it so I've been working on it a bit. Just thought I would post it here so you could check it out and let me know any thoughts you might have.

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
Re: A Banner Idea.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 11:04:14 AM »

I personally prefer the bolder text on the first one you posted (img below). But I like the 3d-effect on the one you just did. You probably have a million fonts to play with. The triangular skulls look much better than what's on there now, methinks. Most members are using the blueace theme, which has a black background..so the darker, the better, imo.

53V3NTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Yeah, I know...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 01:30:48 PM »

I decreased the bevel on the text. What do you think?

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »

I like the ^^^ header, but not in teal!
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

53V3NTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Yeah, I know...
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 02:14:11 PM »

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 03:39:01 PM »

The skeletons with lightening flash look a bit "SS"...jus sayin'  :uhuh:  wouldn't want to put off any Yiddisher brothers  :wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 05:25:45 PM »

Damn, that's good stuff. I just got linked to this thread by Kid while discussing the new theme that we just installed. You can choose it from your profile and check out the colors. I like the banners, we just need to fine tune the colors. And also, if we could do it with the same railroad track font that i used in the current one, that would be great. I need to dig up the proggy i used for that, at least to find the name of the font.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 05:34:24 PM »

Check it out by changing themes and tell me what you guys think. I may choose a few of them and display them for a few days and then take a vote on which one you all like best. Im fixated on the train track font though due to the relation with the forum name and trademarking.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

thekid65

• Imperator
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 05:46:02 PM »

Are you hell bent on just one logo, Bra1n? That would be good for 53V3N to know, so he could try and make one that would fit all themes.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »

Are you hell bent on just one logo, Bra1n? That would be good for 53V3N to know, so he could try and make one that would fit all themes.

No, just the font and the electrocuted skull signs. If i keep using it eventually it will be something like a service mark which people will identify with the forum. It's a distinct possibility that some day i may have t-shirts and other stuff made with those items and the forum url. The one that is up right now looks pretty good as is though. Not a lot to change except maybe the background colors to match a little more and the font.

I'll see if i can dig up the original sign gifs and other stuff i used later tonight.

53V3NTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Yeah, I know...
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 02:34:15 PM »

If you can upload the font (or at least link me to it) that would be great. Or if you have the name I can search for it.

I tried a couple different searches but came up empty.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 10:49:43 PM »

Ok, the font I used for the logo is called LOTSOFDOTSZ. You can download it here and install it to work with photoshop or any other proggy. Just put it into the windows/font folder and it should show up.

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/1625

What i did was simply to screen cap a blank section of the forum background then superimpose the layers of text and semi-transparent signs on it.

53V3NTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Yeah, I know...
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 11:55:22 PM »

It seems that a slight change has been made to the font as you can see here. The top text is from your image and the one below it is what I just added with the font from your link.

By chance do you still have the font file that you originally used?

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 12:45:41 PM »

It seems that a slight change has been made to the font as you can see here. The top text is from your image and the one below it is what I just added with the font from your link.

By chance do you still have the font file that you originally used?

I think that's just a different shade of blue which gives it a different effect on a black background. You can play around with the colors and see what i mean. The original program i used is called AAA logo or something like that. It has a bunch of cool fonts but i have to dig it up to see if the files are any different.

53V3NTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Yeah, I know...
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 02:31:25 PM »

It might be the distortion that you added to the type layer that has changed the box:border ratio in the font.

In this image you can more clearly see the difference between the two. Also, because of the distortion layer on the original image, it's impossible to get an exact color match as there are a few shades of blue to the original text.

I don't know. I don't think the header being used should be changed, I was just playing around.

thekid65

• Imperator
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 03:57:18 PM »

A little off topic here, but 53V3N, could you make a little lightening bolt similar to what shows in the browser bar when at 3rd rail? It would be perfect for a rep button, size and all... that faggoty blue heart must go!

53V3NTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Yeah, I know...
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 04:43:17 PM »

First attempt:

thekid65

• Imperator
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 04:47:32 PM »

Perfect, now..lets see if I can get bra1n to make the switch.

53V3NTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Yeah, I know...
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »

.GIF:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but .GIF's add a weird stroke around the image.

Let me look into this issue.

thekid65

• Imperator
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 05:17:46 PM »

no hurry.. would just be an easier switch as the theme codes call for "karma.gif"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.24 seconds with 36 queries.