ThirdRailForum

• November 23, 2017, 04:26:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The England Ashes Victory Thread  (Read 5339 times)

plus minus reset

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
The England Ashes Victory Thread
« on: February 07, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »

The England cricket team begin their inexorable march to victory in this years Ashes series over the Aussies with an historical batting collapse against the West Indies  :grin:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/7877077.stm

Its our own unique way of preparation  :rotf:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Seagull

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.
Re: The England Ashes Victory Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:58:08 PM »

The England cricket team begin their inexorable march to victory in this years Ashes series over the Aussies with an historical batting collapse against the West Indies  :grin:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/7877077.stm

Its our own unique way of preparation  :rotf:

I for one am not panicking

The Australians this year won't be as good as the West Indies, once you remove Ricky Ponting

I think it will be close, but any fuck ups on our part will be replicated by them. The age of Aus invincibility is over

( probably)

Anyway, it will be great, and I am so fucked off that I haven't been able to get a ticket this time. They have sold out quicker than Take That tickets!

I may be able to get one for the Oval test, but that's not guaranteed as it's all in the hands of a Surrey CCC member. last Ashes I was at Lords and the Oval

It doesn't help that this time they are playing at Cardiff..why???

Headingly and Old Trafford are out too, both of them with pitches that suit our bowlers. It's madness

Musn't Grumble

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »

You realize, you fuckers are gonna have to explain this sport to me all over again   :wheelchair:

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 07:16:34 PM »

...last Ashes I was at Lords and the Oval

I can't remember if I told you this but me and our kid did Old Trafford, got there ticketless on the off chance and were queuing behind 15,000 others (that never got in) so we bowled up to the gates and asked the old duffer Lancashire CC steward where the "internet booked ticket kiosk was" and the silly old twat just waived us through in a bemused state of confusion  :wheelchair:

Best draw ever  :snack:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 07:17:06 PM »

You realize, you fuckers are gonna have to explain this sport to me all over again   :wheelchair:

:yield:

Seagull

• Censor
  • Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 07:20:06 PM »

I can't remember if I told you this but me and our kid did Old Trafford, got there ticketless on the off chance and were queuing behind 15,000 others (that never got in) so we bowled up to the gates and asked the old duffer Lancashire CC steward where the "internet booked ticket kiosk was" and the silly old twat just waived us through in a bemused state of confusion  :wheelchair:

Best draw ever  :snack:

yes, you wrote a LONG post at RR about it, and entertaining it was too

My Oval post consisted of " fucking hell" or something like that

Musn't Grumble

Seagull

• Censor
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »

For fucks sake, how many times do I have to do this?

I have patiently explained the rules, and the various formats, and LBW, and field positions three or four times now

I even got a diagram for you. Really Kid, you should pay attention. lest we think that Americans have a poor attention span  ::)

Musn't Grumble

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 07:50:01 PM »

Once for each forum we've participated in, bro. And the real problem is, this shit only comes up once a year with you Brits. There's a lot of Natty ingested, and quite a few bong hits smoked in that time span.

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 12:27:11 AM »

Well I hope it is a closer series this time. I still think we have the edge on you guys though. We were competetive with South Africa and have had time to adjust to our new team structure.

But, maybe if you start praying for rain now...

You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 07:54:33 AM »

But, maybe if you start praying for rain now...

No praying required mate  :shitstorm:

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 08:43:01 AM »

Well, here's to a good series anyway old pal.

-Michael Parenti

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 10:07:07 AM »

Well, here's to a good series anyway old pal.

Aye.  Can't fucking wait, thats the beaut of it being every two years, this one should be a corker  :snack:

Seagull

• Censor
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »

So..the Ashes are approaching

I for one I am getting very excited. This could be a real contest. The last home series against the “ last hurrah “of the Aussie legends we won ( I like to point that out..)

The return in Australia  against the same “ last Hurrah “( why didn’t they retire?) we got hammered

So now its back to square one. A new England team, a new Aussie team. Lots of new blood, lots of players who have “ possible legends” against their name

I can’t wait

Oh, and Ricky Ponting, he is a fucker, but my choice of the best current cricketers in the world

I haven’t yet got a ticket ( unlike the last time where I was at Lords and the Oval) but I am hoping that my well connected sources can come up with something.

So..for the benefit of our British and Aussie posters..what are your thoughts?

Oh, and Kid. I can’t forget him, every time cricket is ever mentioned I have to explain the rules  ::)

Musn't Grumble

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 08:24:47 PM »

So..the Ashes are approaching

I for one I am getting very excited.

Does this have anything to do with Lent and the ashes on the forehead bit? (I never understood that  :shrug:)

Okay bad joke, but really, can anyone give us Yanks a run through on wtf this is all about, and why you lot are so crazy about it?

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Seagull

• Censor
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 08:39:13 PM »

Does this have anything to do with Lent and the ashes on the forehead bit? (I never understood that  :shrug:)

Okay bad joke, but really, can anyone give us Yanks a run through on wtf this is all about, and why you lot are so crazy about it?

Because…

Hard to explain

It’s cricket, which you ( as in the American you) don’t understand. It’s the perfect game. Lot’s of nothing happening, then pure sporting brilliance. Test match cricket is just sport. No contrived  TV friendly stuff. You have to watch it all to enjoy it. Highlights packages miss all the reasons why the action was so good

And, it’s England V Australia. It’s us whinging poms v the convicts. Years of snobbery from both sides are condensed to a summer of intense action

I will if required ( as I have done for Kid a million times ) explain the rules but its not really important. It’s just fantastic

I fear that Test cricket is going to be consumed by 20/20. That’s sad as it’s the only real way cricket can be watched. It’s supposed to be long! That way you can really revel in a good innings

Anyway

Trust me, it’s  going to be bloody brilliant whoever wins. It’s tribal . It’s violent on an understated level, and it’s so competitive it makes the Superbowl look like hide and seek at a kids party

Oh, and not  forgetting this

Musn't Grumble

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 08:50:59 PM »

It's a rivalry between the English and Australian cricket teams that has to do with an Australian womens club burning a cricket stump and putting the ashes in a little urn which they gave to the English captain. I think they also took out an obituary in the newspaper expressing their condolences about the death of English cricket, or perhaps they sent it to him in a letter, I can't remember but Wikipedia is bound to have something if  you are really interested.

So ever since then we play Five test matches every two years to see who gets the Ashes (the little urn). That urn is probably the most sacred relic in the history of cricket, I'm noit sure that they are allowed to let the real one travel anymore because it's so old and fragile.

-Michael Parenti

Seagull

• Censor
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 08:53:53 PM »

Just to expand for our other colonial friends, this rivalry extends from the 1800's when they were wondering why there no buffalo any more

Some more Ashes fun

And as I am English, and have a sense of fair play i can't let this go without the worst moment ever

After we won the Ashes back..expectations were high. It was going to be close

The atmosphere was incredible. i stayed up late to see the opening Test

errr

It just went badly wrong...

Musn't Grumble

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »

So all it is, is just a glorified Boston vs. Yankees match, but you guys do it every, what,  18 to 30 months since cricket is a summer game, and the clubs being in opposite hemispheres makes it a rather looooonnnngggg match, and to tell the truth, no one outside of a ex-British colony gives a rats ass about Cricket anymore...

Sorry, to burst your bubble, but it's true. :vc:

Love you Gully... :wink:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Seagull

• Censor
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 09:07:07 PM »

So all it is, is just a glorified Boston vs. Yankees match, but you guys do it every, what,  18 to 30 months since cricket is a summer game, and the clubs being in opposite hemispheres makes it a rather looooonnnngggg match, and to tell the truth, no one outside of a ex-British colony gives a rats ass about Cricket anymore...

Sorry, to burst your bubble, but it's true. :vc:

True, but that’s like me saying no one gives a fuck about the baseball  “world” series

Sorry, but it’s true ;)

I love you too Ang..it’s been a while since we locked horns ;)

Musn't Grumble

Angelica

• Imperator
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »

True, but that’s like me saying no one gives a fuck about the baseball  “world” series

Hahahaha, sometimes I don't give a fuck who is in the series either, so happily we understand each other...

Quote from: Gully
I love you too Ang..it’s been a while since we locked horns ;)
Whatever you want to lock, It's all right with me.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 34 queries.