ThirdRailForum

• July 28, 2017, 04:58:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Motorcyclist dies in daredevil jump attempt  (Read 1715 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Motorcyclist dies in daredevil jump attempt
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:01:46 PM »

The crash is pretty horrific so those of you who are sensitive may want to avoid this thread or skip the video.

This happened in Costa Rica which is why it's in Spanish. I dont understand these type of redneck sports but apparently he has a certain amount of time of make his jumps and rushing to get the last one in before the clock expired cost him his life.

Obviously no one wants to see something like this happen but isnt it bound to? I watched a guy jump something like a ten story object in Vegas on New Year's Eve and all i can think about is WHY? For money? fame? These people do crazy shit like that all the time so i guess they dont give much value to their lives. If they dont, why should I?

I think people should be allowed to do what they want so Im not for banning it or anything but this is one of the more stupid assed sport exhibitions.

Im wondering if the promoters provide counseling services for all the kids who were traumatized at that show. :sad:

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
Re: Motorcyclist dies in daredevil jump attempt
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »

Ok,

Jeremy Lusk was the younger brother of Ezra Lusk.

Jeremy followed in his brother's footsteps in motocross.  Motocross evolved into Supercross and the side competition of "Extreme Freestyle" came into being after some of the supercross competitors would hot dog on the final jump after winning a race.

The premise of freestyle is to complete as many stunts as you can in 2 minutes.  Each stunt is scored on difficulty and execution.  Sort of like gymnastic vaulting but done with motorcycles.

Clearly Jeremy miscalculated his rotation and wound up fatally breaking his neck upon landing.

ritzy

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ritzy probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:31:10 PM »

the cost of fame and the cost of thrills are always high but as you say some people treat life very cheaply
i dont have alot of sympathy except to his family, if your going to do stuff like this fucking up is always going to be an option, he knew the risks and he chose that option

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »

the cost of fame and the cost of thrills are always high but as you say some people treat life very cheaply
i dont have alot of sympathy except to his family, if your going to do stuff like this fucking up is always going to be an option, he knew the risks and he chose that option

Same here, i feel bad for his family who was apparently with him when he was pronounced dead at the hospital but i have to wonder if they are the type of family who tried to talk him out of it or into doing something less risky or the type who leached off his fame and money for doing what he did. I hope they were the former.

That guy i mentioned who jumped a tower in Vegas said after his jump that next year he wants to do something even bigger as he was still shaking from what he just did. He's insane. It's just another form of playing Russian Roulette.

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 02:07:13 PM »

The crash is pretty horrific so those of you who are sensitive may want to avoid this thread or skip the video.

This happened in Costa Rica which is why it's in Spanish. I dont understand these type of redneck sports but apparently he has a certain amount of time of make his jumps and rushing to get the last one in before the clock expired cost him his life.

Obviously no one wants to see something like this happen but isnt it bound to? I watched a guy jump something like a ten story object in Vegas on New Year's Eve and all i can think about is WHY? For money? fame? These people do crazy shit like that all the time so i guess they dont give much value to their lives. If they dont, why should I?

I think people should be allowed to do what they want so Im not for banning it or anything but this is one of the more stupid assed sport exhibitions.

Im wondering if the promoters provide counseling services for all the kids who were traumatized at that show. :sad:

Sad shit, but the risks involved are managed the same as any other extreme sport and others not considered to be extreme sports.  Misjudgments happens, people die, the world keeps spinning.

53V3N

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • 53V3N probably just rolled in here.
  • Yeah, I know...
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 02:42:48 PM »

Same here, i feel bad for his family who was apparently with him when he was pronounced dead at the hospital but i have to wonder if they are the type of family who tried to talk him out of it or into doing something less risky or the type who leached off his fame and money for doing what he did. I hope they were the former.

Call me old fashioned but maybe they are the type of family that loved him and supported him because he was doing something that he enjoyed that also paid the bills.

All we can do is speculate but if we're throwing out plausible scenarios, I think it's just as plausible to assume that he enjoyed his work and his family was glad he was doing something he loved instead of sitting behind a desk and being miserable (for example).

If people with risky jobs looked at their lives as playing Russian Roulette, there would likely be fewer policemen, test pilots, astronauts, etc., etc.

If this guy was following his dream, then I think it's sad that he died but at least he died while achieving his goals and living his dream.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 03:03:55 PM »

He was stylin' it before he snapped his neck and fuck !!!  didn't the cunt look like some sort of fucked up rag doll.  Fair play to the lad...died doing what he loved to do...probably traveled the world doing it..to quote a film, "the candle that burns half as long burns twice as bright" or summink like that.

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

LKTraz

• Quaestor
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 03:18:47 PM »

He was stylin' it before he snapped his neck and fuck !!!  didn't the cunt look like some sort of fucked up rag doll.  Fair play to the lad...died doing what he loved to do...probably traveled the world doing it..to quote a film, "the candle that burns half as long burns twice as bright" or summink like that.

He in fact DID travel the world as a rider and had great success at it.

He won just about every freestyle event at least once and was regarded as one of the best riders in the world.

High risk professions are just that, high risk.  Jeremy knew that losing his life was part of the game but he chose to do what he was good at. 

One can view his death as a tragedy but......of how many people can it be said that they died doing what they truly loved?

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »

He won just about every freestyle event at least once and was regarded as one of the best riders in the world.

High risk professions are just that, high risk.  Jeremy knew that losing his life was part of the game but he chose to do what he was good at. 

One can view his death as a tragedy but......of how many people can it be said that they died doing what they truly loved?

Fucked if I'm going to argue with you on this one...you watch geezers sat in a monocot strapped to jet engines  :snack:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »

That reminds me of that great line from The Outlaw Josey Wales... "dying ain't much of a living, boy". 

LKTraz

• Quaestor
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »

Fucked if I'm going to argue with you on this one...you watch geezers sat in a monocot strapped to jet engines  :snack:

Please...Top Fuelers accelerate much quicker than jet engines  :hammer:

I'll tell ya, motocross was nowhere CLOSE to what today's riders do when I raced.  We thought that jumping 20 feet and getting crossed up while airborne was edgy!

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 05:40:35 PM »

I'll tell ya, motocross was nowhere CLOSE to what today's riders do when I raced.  We thought that jumping 20 feet and getting crossed up while airborne was edgy!

There but for the missus go I and you eh  :wheelchair:

RizenPhoeniz

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 05:56:05 PM »

...all i can think about is WHY?

Adrenaline

Still the best drug ever made

AZtucson

• Censor
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 06:23:53 PM »

For those who don't understand Spanish. one of the announcers said:

"Dumbass really fucked himself up on that fall!"

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »

Heh!  Nice touch

RizenPhoeniz

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 06:40:29 PM »

I believe he said,

"Pinche gringo es muey loco en la cabeza, Mas Puto."

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 06:42:56 PM »

:rotf:

Remember the Alamo  :wheelchair:

AZtucson

• Censor
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 09:40:03 PM »

When the guys helmet rolled out of the crowd I was wondering if his head was going to be in it.

I was disappointed.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 11:18:41 PM »

I'm actually glad the kids are up so I can't watch it yet.

I agree- if some people can get paid for something they do recreationally anyway, they are lucky. All sports have risks - some are just riskier than others.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 253
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »

That reminds me of that great line from The Outlaw Josey Wales... "dying ain't much of a living, boy".

My nigga!

You hate us because you ain't us, son!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.607 seconds with 44 queries.