ThirdRailForum

• September 23, 2017, 05:42:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are the odds of..  (Read 766 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 377
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
What are the odds of..
« on: February 13, 2009, 04:53:09 PM »

a plane dropping out of the sky and killing you inside your home? Probably less than dying by a falling coconut. Imagine being that poor person probably sitting home at night watching American Idol one minute and the next minute his or her crushed body is set ablaze by jet fuel. If only the airplane had taken off 1 or 2 seconds earlier or later, they likely would still be alive. What a drag.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/13/plane.crash.victims/index.html

edit -

Odds that a plane falling from the sky kills you (in a lifetime) are one in 25 million

Odds that it will happen today are 1 in 7 trillion

Odds of getting killed by a falling coconut: 1 in 250 million

sources
http://tramp55555.wordpress.com/2007/08/08/what-are-the-odds-2/
http://thelongestlistofthelongeststuffatthelongestdomainnameatlonglast.com/odds18.html

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Gabbadonkadonk

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gabbadonkadonk probably just rolled in here.
Re: What are the odds of..
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 05:52:51 PM »

I sit around and stress about shit like this all the time!
I want to be the kind of woman that when my feet hit
the ground each morning the devil says,
"OH SHIT, SHE'S UP"!

ritzy

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ritzy probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »

scarey shit, thankgod i dont believe in fate

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 07:44:23 AM »

That's stuff that comes down to worrying about "if's" Gabs.

Do remember that if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

I was wondering what the odds of this crash outcome was.  Well, now I know.

Thanks BRA1N.

(At 25 million to 1 you have a better chance of winning Powerball which is 14 million to 1)

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »

You do leave the house occasionally don't you ?  Mind you.........

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

AZtucson

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 08:43:20 PM »

Years ago there was some lady in the midwest who got nailed in the stomach area by a meteorite that came thru her roof.  No shit.  Nasty bruise, but she survived.  wtf are the odds on that?

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 10:50:30 AM »

Hey, what if I work in a coconut grove next to an airport?

You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

"What are the odds a plane dropping out of the sky and killing you inside your home?"

If something like that happens to ya, odds are, you were gonna die that day, in one way or the other. Fate...destiny.. whatever ya wanna call it, the reaper was coming for you.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 03:00:33 PM »

Hey, what if I work in a coconut grove next to an airport?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 43 queries.