ThirdRailForum

• July 26, 2017, 02:52:09 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: When should freedom of speech be curtailed by race.....  (Read 2190 times)

plus minus reset

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
When should freedom of speech be curtailed by race.....
« on: February 20, 2009, 07:32:57 PM »

I read this article and started to think, what about freedom of speech?  Shouldn't it be for everyone?  Why shouldn't it be okay for a news organization or cartoonist to make fun of Obama?  Wasn't Bush depicted as a chimp, a retard and worse...where were the Sharptons to call attention to that? 

Just because he is black should not mean we cannot continue an age old tradition of making fun of our leaders for their foibles. 

Where should we draw the line?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29305502/

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Re: When should freedom of speech be curtailed by race.....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:54:48 PM »

When the point they are trying to make is grossly overshadowed by gratuitous, blatant racism. Same as here.  :melon:
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »

When it comes to the criticism of our 'leaders' there should be no 'line'. Every criticism deserves to be heard and judged on it's merits, there is no substitute for free speech it is either free or not free.
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

Gabbadonkadonk

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gabbadonkadonk probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »

I saw this on HLN's and thought this is just going to go on and on.  It's a cartoon ffs.  It's not different than any of the other cartoons from past political figures.  Obama should not be exempt from this sort of entertainment just because he's half-black. 
I want to be the kind of woman that when my feet hit
the ground each morning the devil says,
"OH SHIT, SHE'S UP"!

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 05:43:04 AM »

When the point they are trying to make is grossly overshadowed by gratuitous, blatant racism. Same as here.  :melon:

Since Obama didn't write the stimulus bill, how can the chimp cartoon be attributed to him?  I didn't see the correlation.

Just because, in a bygone age blacks were depicted as primates, in some small minds, does not mean this was meant in that way.  I am a very open minded person and didn't see it that way at all. :shrug:

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 06:20:40 AM »

Just because, in a bygone age blacks were depicted as primates, in some small minds, does not mean this was meant in that way.  I am a very open minded person and didn't see it that way at all. :shrug:

But it can and WILL be deliberately misinterpreted by people with an agenda.

A majority of advocates against racial discrimination are actually looking to serve nothing more than their own selfish ends.

The president of the United States should not be black, white or day-glo bloody orange, he should be the president. Nothing more, nothing less.

-Michael Parenti

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 09:13:13 AM »

Since Obama didn't write the stimulus bill, how can the chimp cartoon be attributed to him?  I didn't see the correlation.

To be honest, I thought the cartoon was directed at the members of congress as being the collective chimp.  If anyone is being singled here it would be Nancy Pelosi as Speaker and certainly not Obama.

Just goes to show that paranoid folks like Sharpton envision Klansmen coming out of their shirt pockets.

AZtucson

• Censor
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »

Over the last few days I've heard apologists and "explainers" trying to twist it into something it wasn't.  Give me a fucking break.  If you try to cover for this bullshit I have this to say: "You think I'm fucking stupid?"

It was only a matter of time until some fuck said, printed, or cartooned something in regards to Obama's race.   And given the paper's history of treading on thin racial ice, I have no doubt what it meant.

Granted, it's not that big a deal, but don't try to blow smoke up the collective American ass.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 01:30:11 PM »

A majority of advocates against racial discrimination are actually looking to serve nothing more than their own selfish ends.

Bingo!
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 02:00:00 PM »

And given the paper's history of treading on thin racial ice, I have no doubt what it meant.

You're right, being from NY, everyone knows the Post is the most pro-right rag there is (next to the WSJ), and I look forward to the end of its existence..but it still doesn't signify how that cartoon is targeted toward Obama. :shrug:

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 02:19:48 PM »

You're right, being from NY, everyone knows the Post is the most pro-right rag there is (next to the WSJ), and I look forward to the end of its existence..

Freedom of speech, eh?

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »

Quote from: Ang
You're right, being from NY, everyone knows the Post is the most pro-right rag there is (next to the WSJ), and I look forward to the end of its existence.
Freedom of speech, eh?

What can I say, that shit is a rag... (even if they do have the best sports writers in NYC!)

The Post issues more apologies than any other newspaper....I wonder why?  It is no coincidence that the owner of the Post also owns the Faux Nutwork? 

AZtucson

• Censor
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 04:16:46 PM »

You're right, being from NY, everyone knows the Post is the most pro-right rag there is (next to the WSJ), and I look forward to the end of its existence..but it still doesn't signify how that cartoon is targeted toward Obama. :shrug:

Good grief, woman!  What is the ONE name that's connected with the Stimulus Bill????????????????

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 04:51:43 PM »

Good grief, woman!  What is the ONE name that's connected with the Stimulus Bill????????????????

Oh I don't know.....

THE ENTIRE FUCKING CONGRESS AND SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 04:58:18 PM »

http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-entertainment-news-monopoly-murdoch-jew-part4.html

I watched him polish his shoes on a hotel bedspread back in 79-80 when he bought Ansett airlines.   He's a very naughty boy.  One of the worlds biggest puppet masters

Are you watching this Murat?

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 07:10:56 PM »

"Kangaroo mafia"... :rotf:

Priceless.

-Michael Parenti

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 08:12:37 PM »

Honestly I didn't take it as a racist jab at Obama at first. I thought it was a refrence to the old "if you give an infinite amount of monkeys a typewriter one will bang out the works of Shakespeare" thing.

double helix

• down and out
  • Aedile
  • double helix probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »

Good cartoon.  :rotf: Great point Angelica! The bill was written by a bunch of political BABOONS! Not by poster boy OBAMA.

I just had a long conversation with my facility Chaplain re: crys of raceism and predjidice by a black member of our resident clients. She is very high functioning and capable of choosing her daily activities, much more so than many others living in our facility, yet, whenever she doesnt recive a direct invitation to an activity she crys predjidice.
My chaplain suggested we do more to recognise our black members on staff and as residents. I have to admit I got a little hot under the coller and came back with "Well, what are we doing to recognise the WHITE members of our staff and residents? What specific holdays and commorations are just for Whites?"  None. All our national or state U.S. holidays, commemorations and celebrations are for EVERY U.S. CITIZEN reguardless of race, creed or clolor. Excepting St. Patricks day and that too embraces anyone one who wishes to participate in nasty corned beef and getting sloppy drunk.
I went on to explain that I treat all our residents the same. They all get my affections, my attentions, my assistance and services equally. I see no color, no race in faces I serve.

So my conclusioln was, who's the ones turning the table and being predjidiced here? People want to use the race card way too often and when they do, IMO, they just make themselves the racest. Usually when the race card is used it has something to do with getting more POWER OR MONEY for nothing.

AZtucson

• Censor
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 08:26:37 AM »

Oh I don't know.....

THE ENTIRE FUCKING CONGRESS AND SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a multiple choice test.  You have a 33% chance of being right, and I'll give clues, so don't be too nervous.

Which phrase do you see/hear most often?:

A. - "President Obama's Stimuluis Package"

B. - "Congress's Stimulus Package"

C. - "The House's Stimulus Package"

Hints:

A. - This is the fucking answer

B. - Don't think I've ever heard this one

C. - Never heard this fucker

And I'll be grading on the curve.  Good Luck!

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 11:32:07 AM »

http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-entertainment-news-monopoly-murdoch-jew-part4.html

I watched him polish his shoes on a hotel bedspread back in 79-80 when he bought Ansett airlines.   He's a very naughty boy.  One of the worlds biggest puppet masters

Are you watching this Murat?

What do you do when you see a Victorian with half a head ?  Stop larfin and reload !  :wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.439 seconds with 43 queries.