ThirdRailForum

• September 22, 2017, 11:22:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Obama's state of the union  (Read 1258 times)

plus minus reset

flawlesshumilityTopic starter

• Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • flawlesshumility probably just rolled in here.
Obama's state of the union
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:24:22 AM »

I like how for the first time in my life I heard a president say that his budget consisted of the three things i care about most, and that effect me the most directly.  Energy, healthcare, and education.  being in my mid 20's and having no form of healthcare offered at my job for my position, its impossible for me to get the things i need.  and haaving to pay for college pretty much out of pocket, well, you can guess where that has gotten me.  And as far as energy goes, if you all pay your own heat, or fuel your vehicle, then you understand something has got to change.

anyone with me on all this, or am i speaking to a room of republicans.  (yes i understand there a hundred brits that hang out here, and they are all going to rip whoever we have as a president.)

double helix

• down and out
  • Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • double helix probably just rolled in here.
Re: Obama's state of the union
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:44:30 PM »

I like how for the first time in my life I heard a president say that his budget consisted of the three things i care about most, and that effect me the most directly.  Energy, healthcare, and education.  being in my mid 20's and having no form of healthcare offered at my job for my position, its impossible for me to get the things i need.  and haaving to pay for college pretty much out of pocket, well, you can guess where that has gotten me.  And as far as energy goes, if you all pay your own heat, or fuel your vehicle, then you understand something has got to change.

anyone with me on all this, or am i speaking to a room of republicans.  (yes i understand there a hundred brits that hang out here, and they are all going to rip whoever we have as a president.)
Being in my mid fifties, and having to pay for my and my childrens health care and education out of pocket while I was a young nub of twenty, I find that Obama address rather offensive. As an American I was raised in the era when you actually had to achieve these things on your own through hard work and effort, and not have the government hand them to you on a silver platter.

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:49:19 PM »

Didn't he say something about America not walking away from the automobile which it invented?

Uh, Daimler and Benz. 1896???

You guys didn't accidentally another Bush did you?
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:02:35 PM »

"vote in"...the missing words are "vote in"

Tomorrows missing words will "proof" and "read"

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

• Aedile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 12:56:08 AM »

Being in my mid fifties, and having to pay for my and my childrens health care and education out of pocket while I was a young nub of twenty, I find that Obama address rather offensive. As an American I was raised in the era when you actually had to achieve these things on your own through hard work and effort, and not have the government hand them to you on a silver platter.

you also come from the erz in which fire hosing a nigger on a brick wall was a way to control a crowd.  when killing a faggot for being a faggot was ok.  so maybe your right, our generation is just soooo damned.  lest you forget what government should do.  government should help us prosper, not leave us to drown in the filth that the last cabinet put us in.  you think for one second we would be in this predicament had al gore taken office when bush did, then your lying to not only yourself, but to everyone around you.

Werhner Von Braun

• Lictor
  • Werhner Von Braun probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 04:47:12 AM »

While handing your tax dollars to them on a silver platter for them to squander on armaments, schemes like the draft and macarthyist tribunals to brand you a pinko if you refused to commit to Team Dictator, US style.

Sounds like quite the equitable arrangement... if you're a witless serf that is. Fuck the Magna Carta, fuck the Bill of Rights. And fuck any government who pretends you've tightened your belt so far that your red neck has turned as purple as your face. You were born to be a fucking slave to their machine... how *dare* they insist you've earned a break at this point... right?
funf... vier... drei... zwei... ein... Donner-vogel sind GEHEN!

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:55 AM »

"vote in"...the missing words are "vote in"

Tomorrows missing words will "proof" and "read"

You don't get out much do you?

-Michael Parenti

• Aedile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »

Didn't he say something about America not walking away from the automobile which it invented?

Uh, Daimler and Benz. 1896???

You guys didn't accidentally another Bush did you?

maybe he meant the first production car.  I'm pretty sure that up until recently the ford motor group was the most wealthy car company in the world. But, you had to find something to pick on right.

• Aedile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »

yeah, also, you said achieve these things on your own.  I dont have mommy and daddy to pay for my schooling like your spoiled children did.

• Aedile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 11:05:22 AM »

In, fact the more I read what you said the more it pisses me off.  Where the hell were your kids going to school when you were twenty years of age that it cost you money out of pocket?  were you sending them off to private school.  and if thats the case, then you damn well should have to pay out of pocket.  not everyone wants thier kids to grow up being snooty and full of themselves. 

and who was the dummy having kids before she could support them in a manner that best suited them.  you were.  where was daddy?

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 07:10:24 PM »

maybe he meant the first production car.  I'm pretty sure that up until recently the ford motor group was the most wealthy car company in the world. But, you had to find something to pick on right.

I'm sure that's what he meant.

-Michael Parenti

AZtucson

• Censor
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 09:28:46 PM »

I think Obama's targeted areas are exactly right for the nation as it is today.  The country and its need have changed significantly since, say 50 years ago.

In 1960 the population was 177 million, and we were still riding the post war manufacturing boom.  Almost every other country had their mfg. capabilities either completely destroyed or significantly impacted by WWII.  The U.S. on the other hand was untouched and the war had served to develop our full manufacturing capabilities.  The goods we produced were needed all over the world, and we profited big time.

The unions were still strong and the companies themselves were profiting enough to offer extensive benefits in healthcare.  Everybody was fat and happy.

Switch to 2009.  Our population in the 2010 census should come in around 300 million and our economy has changed.  We're no longer the mfg. hub of the world since other countries like China have developed enough to offer cheap labor and mass production.  It's the evolution of a nation - Britain went thru the same thing.  So the high-profit mfg. companies are gone, unions are weaker, and healthcare just isn't part of the employee package the way it was.

Healthcare itself has changed and become more expenmsive.  In 1960 heart disease was pretty much a death sentence and the things they can do nowadays were just unheard off.  Plus we've got about 125 million more people to take care of.

It's pointless to look back to 1960 and bury your head in the sand and hope the "good ol;d days" will somehow come back.  They won't.  And what worked, and what we expected back then doesn't apply anymore.

Don't even get me started on energy.  Oil is a finite product and I Wish I'd live long enough to saee the middle-east oil fields dry up.   Instead of gouging the world and building entire fucking islands in Dubai, they'll find they've got nothing else to offer the world, and nobody will care if the middle east countries kill each other off.  They'll be just a dusty backwater.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 01:18:53 AM »

you also come from the erz in which fire hosing a nigger on a brick wall was a way to control a crowd.  when killing a faggot for being a faggot was ok.  so maybe your right, our generation is just soooo damned.  lest you forget what government should do.  government should help us prosper, not leave us to drown in the filth that the last cabinet put us in.  you think for one second we would be in this predicament had al gore taken office when bush did, then your lying to not only yourself, but to everyone around you.

I gotta agree with that. You can't base what happened back in the day with the progress of the world now. Back in the day we were allowed to walk all over to get to school by ourselves and now, I would never make my kids do that because I know about sexual predators and gang bangers and drug dealers. Back in the day parents used to use verbal and physical abuse to restrain their kids and now we know better- discipline yes, but abuse is ignorant. Back in the day medical care didn't cost three month's salary for a medical procedure but now it does. Pray you don't get into an accident because the insurance i pay asstons for a month and then the deductible doesn't cover half of the surgeries, procedures and tests they covered once before. Times are different. You can't go back.

• Aedile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »

well put missy

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »

Not being an Obamabot..I do have to say, I have more confidence in him as President than I ever did for Bush. 

Bush's bank bailout proved that it was only a quick fix for a situation that was boiling out of control for over 4 years during his Administration.  Yes, you can point your finger at Clinton (and you Repugs love to do that), but think who we had running Congress and the Senate at that time (a veto proof against any President).  Bush had the opportunity, as Obama has, of overturning the previous Administrations decision, yet didn't.  He let the status quo run rampant, and did nothing...and when he did, he threw a wet cloth on a raging fire.
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 02:25:43 PM »

He's simply flailing about hoping to hit something.  No change at all.

If you want something....go get it yourself.  Government should get the fuck out of my way and let me do just that.  Awwww...poor boo boo bear victim doesn't have what someone else does?  Get the fuck off your ass and stop whining and do the legwork to fucking GET it.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 274
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2009, 01:19:18 AM »

Michelle Obama's official portrait was just released...

...wouldn't you know Thomas Jefferson would be in the background checking out her ass. :lmao:

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

• Aedile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2009, 02:08:51 PM »

He's simply flailing about hoping to hit something.  No change at all.

If you want something....go get it yourself.  Government should get the fuck out of my way and let me do just that.  Awwww...poor boo boo bear victim doesn't have what someone else does?  Get the fuck off your ass and stop whining and do the legwork to fucking GET it.

I like that little picture under your name.  Liberals lie....hmmm.  When Bush said they had nukes in iraq, what was that.  was that a lie?  why yes, yes it was.  When bush said Iraq wouldnt be anything like vietnam, what was that?  was that a lie?  yes, yes it was.  That muppet sat up there laughing awkwardly, and shitting on me for 8 years.  I fucking actually hate him.  If i were to ever meet him, I would spit in his face.  without question or other provocation.  and then there are you little fuckers who think hes a demi god, and it blows my goddamned mind how you can get up and put your own shoes on in the morning.

Obama is trying to fix a HUGE problem that the shitheel bush left behind.  Any person would have a hard time doing it.  Any person would HAVE to do it.  If it was something that required no action, why the fuck would bush do anything himself.  In the end, I hope G Dub kills his dad, wife, and daughters, then blows his own fucking head off.

I'm so sick of republicants.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 377
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 03:57:02 PM »

I'm so sick of republicants.

Me too. And just like Hillary Clinton, I was president of my school's College Republicans but unlike her, I'm still registered as one!

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 04:08:25 PM »

Obama is trying to fix a HUGE problem that the shitheel bush left behind.  Any person would have a hard time doing it.  Any person would HAVE to do it.

Why yes.

Let's see......if I am facing an economic problem in my household the MOST SURE way to fix it is to go spend money like a drunken sailor (which BOTH Bush at first and now Obama have done/are doing).

Now what's not quite right with that scenario?

Lying?  Hmmmmm

The most transparent government said Obama......yup, the porkulus bill was right there for all to see before it was voted upon....NOT.  No senator or congress member outside of the committee that drafted it got to read the final draft before voting.  Lie?  I think so!

There will be no earmarks in this bill.......hahahahahahahahah yeah right!  There are over 1,000 of them in it!  $30M to Nancy Pelosi's district for preservation of the salt marsh mouse ISN'T an earmark?  Just like $2.2B for ACORN isn't either? Lie?  I think so.

There will be NO lobbyists appointed to any positions in this administration.   Um.....might wanna double check those resumes again there Barry boy.

Just a few examples.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.311 seconds with 44 queries.