ThirdRailForum

• December 16, 2017, 08:09:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For anyone that doesn't live for the day  (Read 932 times)

plus minus reset

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Dr. WINO

• Lictor
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dr. WINO probably just rolled in here.
  • Sleeping Under Your stairs...
    • digital-strife
Re: For anyone that doesn't live for the day
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 01:51:29 AM »

Man...that freaked me out when i read it on Drudge. A froghair miss...luckly it wasn't part of a collection pulled apart by gravity like the Saturn episode. Imagine an airburst over a metro area...or a strike in the ocean.

It's not if...it's when. it is a regular part of Earths history. Humans think we are master of our environment...we ain't shit.

Find the MIT/NASA table of known near earth crossers, look at the year 2029 and the Apophis AU...*cringes*...and it is very large. And note the near misses we knew nothing about.

nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/neofact.html

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:39:07 AM »

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2009/03/phew_asteroids.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed6
Fuck  :wheelchair:
 :nuke:

Cool to watch... hopefully from somewhere else in someone elses life time

We need to build a realy fucking big baseball bat out in space to sort those fuckers out

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »

I heard about this - frickin scary! But if it's going to happen, it's going to happen. We aren't supposed to hear about it though! We are just supposed to suddenly be gone.

AZtucson

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 08:19:51 AM »

Damn....that asteroid hit video made me want to drop acid!

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 09:22:55 AM »

That tickled my misanthropic fancy. :D

Why is it always good cities that get pwned in these films. I wan to to see Baghdad or Mogadishu get flattened for once.

Lets see a great big fucking fireball wipe out Tel Aviv or something!
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »

Why is it always good cities that get pwned in these films.

Darwin  :uhuh:

Strange old day when you cunts turn down a good wave  :nuke:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 11:54:08 AM »

Wow, I cant believe i didnt see anything about this before on the news or news sites.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 04:27:25 PM »

I read about it a couple of days ago, what bothered me the most was, it caught us by surprise...fucker came out of nowhere.

I thought we could see these things coming?

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »

I read about it a couple of days ago, what bothered me the most was, it caught us by surprise...fucker came out of nowhere.

I thought we could see these things coming?

Not the small ones that only wipe out a few countrys

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 10:57:24 PM »

Oh jeez well what's a few countries? It's nice to see something else putting a fear in people besides the flippin economy for once.

deBauchTopic starter

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 11:47:17 PM »

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 11:53:55 PM »

Darwin  :uhuh:

Strange old day when you cunts turn down a good wave  :nuke:

ROFL, yeah. I just went down to JR's and ordered 28 tons of wax for my 18 mile long board, I'm going to ride that mother all the way in to shore.
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

Seagull

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 07:08:01 PM »

I posted this a little while ago at CR. It should be pointed out that these are very unlikely. The asteroid/comet that hit and finished off the dinosaurs was about a mile across. This one featured would be over 500 miles across. At least. Most of those are now in a normal stellar orbit, there are not going to be many rogue ones
The ones we should worry about are the smaller ones not having the velocity to achieve a Stellar orbit as they would wipe us out, but not sterilise the earth

There is a very good chance that sometime Earth will be hit again. However it will likely be something of the dinosaur sized one. Still enough to probably finish off us, but not life itself

Musn't Grumble

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2009, 11:34:50 AM »

I just watched Animal Planet's production "Animal Armageddon".

It deals with the after effects of the Chixalub asteroid which is the one that wiped out the dinosaurs. 

This was the 4th of 8 episodes.  I have to set my DVR to see if I can catch the 3 that I missed so far.

Here's the link to the show's page.
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/animal-armageddon/about/

That most recent NEO (Near Earth Object) was very small in comparison to the Chixalub asteroid but still would have caused cataclysmic effects had it hit.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.396 seconds with 39 queries.