ThirdRailForum

• July 21, 2017, 08:32:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Limbaugh vs. Obama  (Read 1958 times)

plus minus reset

AZtucsonTopic starter

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
Limbaugh vs. Obama
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:36:27 AM »

I see the fat prick Rush has issued a "challenge" for Obama to debate him on thge administration policies.  What a fine piece of nazi showmanship that was.

NO fucking U.S. president has ever or will ever engage in that bullshit.  But it will give Lardass Limbaugh the opportunity to cackle that Obama didn't have the balls to debate him.  And all his faithful flunkies will cheer in lockstep.

It occurred to me today that Limbaugh may well have taken his inspiration from Hitler's techniques in his rise to power.  It's based on the Politics of Hate.  When Reagan was running for office the Republicans realized they could win over a whole class of people with hate.  Used to be the working class voted Democratic because the Republicans represented the rich/management class whose goal was to fuck over the workers.  But in a slick political move the Republicans managed to turn middle/working class hate towards the lower/immigrant class that also voted Democratic.  They got all the working class angst to work in their favor rather than against them, by saying "hey, we hate the same people you do!  Let's be buddies."

And Limbaugh plays to the hate.  Yesterday I heard a clip of the fatfuck defending his remarks that he wished Obama would fail.  He started by slightly backing off that statement, then went on to say that he hoped Obama's plans would fail, and that he wanted America to turn back into the country "we were raised in."  Then he blurted out "YES....I want Obama to FAIL," and the flunkies cheered.  Sheer demagoguery.  He skips over the hard fact that it will NEVER be 1960, 1950, 1920, or 1880 again!

He tolerates no dissent on his program.  You'll NEVER hear a caller say "I think yer fucked up on this issue or that."  There never were any hecklers at Hitler's rallies either.  No one there to challenge the half or quarter truths Fatboy spouts on the radio.  Lockstep/goosestep marching to the tune.

And now he pulls the "debate" move just like the Beer Hall putsch, designed to raise him to the level or a player in national politics rather than just an obnoxious fuckwit shrieking from the sidelines.

But it is a sign that the Republican party is tolerating talk about further marginalizing itself by playing to the far right, after an election that saw them lose many, many moderate Republicans.  Go for it boys....and seal your fate.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 249
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
Re: Limbaugh vs. Obama
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 11:52:16 AM »

They figured this out in the Reagan era?  I'll give props to my boy Lee Atwater and shit, but Nixon's southern strategy laid the groundwork.

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

AZtucsonTopic starter

• Censor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »

Your right about Nixon, but I was thinking about the "Reagan Democrats."
I was living in the Detroit area when they came about.  They started in Sterling Heights, MI, which was a typical upper middle class auto-worker area.  Nixon did win over the south, but the Reagan Democrats cut across geographic areas.

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 03:54:22 PM »

Atta boy AZ......drink the koolade.

AZtucsonTopic starter

• Censor
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »

You'll probably be startled by this, but as a non-dittohead I write my own material.

P.S. - The "koolaid" shit got SOOO overused in the 2008 election cyle!  Find a new buzzword.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:56:54 PM »

Seriously why the hell would we want our president debating with a radio talk show douche when he has more important things to do? He should have asked when he was campaigning, that's what it's for. What a dick. And I used to listen to Limbaugh all the time. Even had my national defecit awareness ribbon.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 360
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 11:28:28 PM »

They figured this out in the Reagan era?  I'll give props to my boy Lee Atwater and shit, but Nixon's southern strategy laid the groundwork.

Nixon didn't fare all that well in the South in 68 when George Wallace was running. THAT I believe was the beginning of the shift of the Southern Democrats which eventually came to be know as the Reagan Democrats.

That was a period of a lot of turmoil - Vietnam, assignations of leaders all over the place, the rise of feminism and anti-war protests. A lot of Democrats weren't happy with it and couldn;t get over seeing the liberal hippy protestors waving Viet Cong flags and shit and rioting at the 68 Democratic Convention. That's what started the migration of conservative Democrats to Wallace and eventually to the Republicans.

AS far as the term "Koolaid" what I find most amusing is the 99% of the people who use that as a buzzword, usually as some kind of rebuttal to a valid political argument, are the same people who tune in to AM radio several hours a days to listen to Rush and Hannity say the same thing then turn around and parrot their sermons as gospel. It's kind of like playing the "meltdown" card to try and save your ass after getting deep fried in a flame forum.

Too bad Jim Jones isnt around anymore to acquaint himself with some of these same people that make up Rush's audience. It would be easy pickings.
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Dr. WINO

• Lictor
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dr. WINO probably just rolled in here.
  • Sleeping Under Your stairs...
    • digital-strife
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 01:49:32 AM »

Limbaugh is nothing but GOP charmin...He will be the possible sacrificial lamb as the personality most capable of spirited debate of the GOP platform. I really don't believe Obama will give him the time of day.

Was Obama really a "natural-born american"?

AZtucsonTopic starter

• Censor
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 08:13:10 AM »

lmao...I see Obama's citizenship is still being questioned.

That's one example of far right insistence on keeping a bullshit idea alive even after it's been conclusively refuted a thousand times.

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »

So what?  McCain was born in Panama.

OMFG It's TOE!

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.
  • Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football ChampWin vs Caskur
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 10:41:40 AM »

While watching any redneck religious conservative attempt to debate is always unintentionally amusing on their behalf, it's even funnier when the guy sitting across from them is John Stewart or Bill Maher. I say if Limbaugh wants a debate he can face off against either of those two instead of wasting the presidents time.

My guess is that Limbaugh wouldn't debate with either of those liberals, though, he's just challenging Obama as a publicity stunt.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 11:28:34 AM »

Limbauagh is a certifiable dunce who flunked out of some 3rd rate junior college and bounced around from AM station to AM station until he struck a chord with his liberal media /drinking the kool aid crap with the same type of people who go to church every week, listen to the sermons and then go out to spread the word of God and "convert" others as their mission in life. You want to talk about drinking Kool aid? Doesn't get any better than that, Jack.

He wouldn't know what to do in a debate. All he does is pontificate on a radio show where he controls everything. Not just him either but anytime one of those shows gets a call where they are challenged, the callers are cut off and dropped and dispatched with some bullshit faux response like "drinking koolaid". Thou shall not challenge the intelligence and wisdom of marginally intelligent AM radio talk show hosts with compelling arguments and points. 

In the case of Fox News, the host will talk over them and they arent allowed to speak for more than a few seconds if/when given the chance. There's a bunch a youtubes showing how these jerkoffs invite guests on their show only to listen to themselves talk over the guests while the guest sits there wondering why the fuck they were invited in the first place. Classic control the adversary by controlling their ability to be heard.

Of course Limbaugh would never debate an actual heavy hitter in a setting he doesn't control. His carefully crafted aura of political righteousness would get crushed quicker than Sarah Palin could name a country in Africa. 

The very nature of calling out the President of the Untied States knowing there's no way in hell the President would waste a minute of his time debating some stupid fat prick who spouts oxycodone laced diatribes on AM radio for a living serves to show what a pussy he is and that it's all about grandstanding for his audience.

I challenge JESUS to a debate!!1

OMFG It's TOE!

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.
  • Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football ChampWin vs Caskur
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2009, 03:59:25 PM »

I accept!!!1one!!

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2009, 04:31:33 PM »

I accept!!!1one!!

Too late. The REAL Jesus already agreed to debate me here and take a weed-eater to my yard for a phone card.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »

The very nature of calling out the President of the Untied States knowing there's no way in hell the President would waste a minute of his time debating some stupid fat prick who spouts oxycodone laced diatribes on AM radio for a living serves to show what a pussy he is and that it's all about grandstanding for his audience.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 11:55:24 PM »

Funny, I always though limbaugh was a type of runny, smelly cheese.
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 03:25:38 AM »

I accept!!!1one!!

I think he meant Jesus Christ, not Jesus the Gardner.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 08:48:51 AM »

A known drug addict, actually being talked about as a leader in any type of organization, would be laughed out of the room, yet here we are, and here he is! 

Way to go Repubs!
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2009, 12:18:24 PM »

Ya know AZ.....you're talking out of your ass.

You claim to know so much about Limbaugh's program but I'll bet you've never even listened to more than 30 seconds of it.  Don't make claims that you can't back up.  That my friend is properly called speculation.

As for the "I want him to fail" comment......it changes very much when taken out of the original context as then it is construed to be a personal assault.  That comment was the end of a 5 minute or so discourse on the agenda being put forward and policies of the Obama administration.  The rest of the quote that WAS NOT stated is:

"......if these are the policies of hope and change that President Obama wants to implement, then I want him to fail!"

Don't give me any shit about sources either because I heard it live, on the air, first hand.

BTW......before you jump my ass for listening to Limbaugh, I also listen to the opposing views as well such as Air America when I can catch it.  I'll bet your narrow minded ass doesn't.

AZtucsonTopic starter

• Censor
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2009, 05:08:29 PM »

"......if these are the policies of hope and change that President Obama wants to implement, then I want him to fail!"

Oh hell yes Rush....we sure don't want any of that hope or change shit!

I imagine you were pretty irate when you posted that, to set yourself up like that.

That my friend is properly called "dumbass."

I have listened to the Blimp and it's shocking how anyone could fall for the half truths he spouts.  In fact just today I heard the clip where the dumb cocksucker invited Obama ON HIS SHOW to debate.  Ole Rush wouldn't take any chances on a neutral ground for the challenge he knew would never be accepted.  Safe bet for the chickenshit.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.366 seconds with 43 queries.