ThirdRailForum

• September 23, 2017, 05:22:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Sex, Drugs, and Mental Affliction  (Read 1288 times)

plus minus reset

Deviouz1Topic starter

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
Re: Sex, Drugs, and Mental Affliction
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:32:12 PM »

Hmm. I think this problem has a deeper root. I've found in my own experiences working with people closely, intellect has varying degrees and levels of inherency. Meaning some people are born with a greater ability to reason and regardless of what level of education they've received they're naturally "smart". Others have to work harder to attain the same result. Education is key.

With that in mind, if we allowed or even demanded the government to level the "playing field" of education with our tax dollars, essentially opening up or mandating that opportunities for adequate education are made attainable to all children and young adults, regardless of what their family income is, the only thing that would hinder them is ambition and inherent intellect.

Point being, there is always going to be the need for people to do the menial work like McDonalds and collecting grocery carts etc. Those positions should be filled with those of lesser intellect and cognitive ability. But, if the necessities of education are met all on the same level, you would probably see the more ambitious easily excel instead of becoming lazy and complacent with their living situations and using their wit only to manipulate the welfare system into taking care of them.

HEAR, HEAR!

Well, if they're completely incompetent, you would think they wouldn't be able to figure out how to procreate. This is were certain elements of Darwinism comes into play. Like I said above, we still need a certain element to exist that will do our "dirty work" for us. No?

ive met some... REALLY fucked up people in my day. wouldnt surprise me a bit if someone "raped" the retarded chick next door. or, on the flip side,

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/660

it happens.

I don't know if I totally agree with this. People pay their taxes to a system that is supposed to maintain their infrastructure. In the case of New Orleans, the levies were not adequately maintained, had they been, who knows how the circumstances would have been different. Nobody should be allowed to go hungry in our land of overly abundant resources and excessive waste. So I agree that there should be a system in place to aid someone who has been impacted by disaster.

i call Darwin on this one. if youre an adult, and you fully understand that your home is only intact because a manmade structure is holding back the ocean it would stand to reason that it might be a good idea to get the fuck outta dodge and find a better place to live.  now in a way i do understand your point. however, if it happens again ill have absolutely ZERO sympathy for anyone who has chosen to stay in New Orleans. its a LOT like setting up a tent on railroad tracks after having a train wipe it out once before. it WILL happen again and when it does whoever set their tent up on the tracks again is in serious need of a good smack to the back of the head.

Again I have conflicting views. Because alcohol and tobacco are legal, other drugs should be as well, if only for their tax benefits. However, I think you'll find the reasoning some of those other drugs are illegal are because of their detrimental impact on the body, their addictive qualities, and their impact on society as a whole.

lol i know all too well the effects of drugs. at one point in time i used to slam meth. that was my main drug of choice but there was nothing i wouldnt try and honestly there are only a few i never got around to doing recreationally. granted that was a long time ago and i weaned myself off of them without the help of anyone else, but the fact remains i know about it first hand.

My personal beliefs are that all drugs and alcohol should be abolished. There really is not any source of health benefit from them and they are basically a means to generate taxes and distract people who use them from dealing with their actual problems.

on this ill simply quote someone. fuck that ill youtube it.

many, MANY of our greatest artists throughout history have been inspired by their experiences on drugs of various kinds. did they pay a price for their usage? most assuredly in a lot cases. but really, shouldnt it be their choice either way?

I agree that the judicial punishment is excessive in some parts of the country and that dealing with drug offenders needs to be rethought. I actually have an affinity for the brutal corporal punishments incurred by the middle east to an extent. If there is concrete evidence that a person deviantly plotted to harm another or to take another persons life or many peoples life, they should not be afforded the privilege to exist in society and should be killed in a public arena as an example of how not to behave.

i vote for death via hundreds of midgets with BB guns. one of Dev's laws is "anything is funnier when you add midgets" and i have YET to find a situation where that didnt hold true.

If they payed their dues into the system? Yes.

ill have think on that and get back to you.

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 01:14:51 AM »

ive met some... REALLY fucked up people in my day. wouldnt surprise me a bit if someone "raped" the retarded chick next door. or, on the flip side,

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/node/660

it happens.

OK...I'm not denying "it happens" but how is sterilization going to prevent the violent acts of retarded men?? Even if you were to cut off their penis, it's not going to stop them from hurting someone out of illogical aggression. The mentally retarded are akin to children in adult bodies and need to be monitored as such.

I have this evolutionary philosophy surrounding autism and other perceived "intellectual impairments". It's somewhat irrelevant to mental retardation or a low intelligence quotient due to genetic differences, but sort of important to the larger picture.

Having worked with, studied, and advocated for children with this autism; I've come to the conclusion that there is likely an evolutionary process occurring right before our eyes and it is shunned and great strides are being taken in trying to conform these behaviors to "normalcy" because of it's seeming inadequacies surrounding sociability. These children tend to possess savant like qualities where they have a higher understanding in a specific academic area, whether it involve numbers, colors, words, music, the arts, etc. etc. There is yet to be determined a genetic factor in relation to autism and this leads me to believe there is an evolutionary reason why more and more children are being born with the "diagnosis".

Just because these children are not able to conform to our ideation of "normal", should they too be sterilized? The Modern Prometheus (frankenstein) leaves us with one underlying lesson, "don't fuck with mother nature".

i call Darwin on this one. if youre an adult, and you fully understand that your home is only intact because a manmade structure is holding back the ocean it would stand to reason that it might be a good idea to get the fuck outta dodge and find a better place to live.  now in a way i do understand your point. however, if it happens again ill have absolutely ZERO sympathy for anyone who has chosen to stay in New Orleans. its a LOT like setting up a tent on railroad tracks after having a train wipe it out once before. it WILL happen again and when it does whoever set their tent up on the tracks again is in serious need of a good smack to the back of the head.

You do have a valid point. Sometimes administering a good smack to the back of the head, without merit, is fun too.  :vc:

lol i know all too well the effects of drugs. at one point in time i used to slam meth. that was my main drug of choice but there was nothing i wouldnt try and honestly there are only a few i never got around to doing recreationally. granted that was a long time ago and i weaned myself off of them without the help of anyone else, but the fact remains i know about it first hand.

on this ill simply quote someone. fuck that ill youtube it.

many, MANY of our greatest artists throughout history have been inspired by their experiences on drugs of various kinds. did they pay a price for their usage? most assuredly in a lot cases. but really, shouldnt it be their choice either way?

You tell me. Is it really a choice after addiction sets in and it is no longer "recreational"? I won't deny experimenting with certain drugs and I wouldn't change anything but the fact that it hindered me financially, emotionally, and ambitiously. A lot of "artists" using drugs to inspire their works, generally tend to do so post their financial success. How often is it that you're aware of someone beside Crackhead Bob, becoming notorious for their drug induced art work?

i vote for death via hundreds of midgets with BB guns. one of Dev's laws is "anything is funnier when you add midgets" and i have YET to find a situation where that didnt hold true.

YAY for midgets!! whatever you do, don't sterilize those little bastards, they're too comical!  :wink:

Deviouz1Topic starter

• Governor
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 04:38:59 PM »

OK...I'm not denying "it happens" but how is sterilization going to prevent the violent acts of retarded men?? Even if you were to cut off their penis, it's not going to stop them from hurting someone out of illogical aggression. The mentally retarded are akin to children in adult bodies and need to be monitored as such.

i think there is some validity to the idea of the eunuch. those without testosterone are less likely to feel aggressive tendencies especially of a sexual nature. i found this article somewhere and found it interesting if a bit... odd. especially the very last sentence.

http://www.eunuch.org/Alpha/D/ea_120506double_j.htm

"There?s certainly no chance now of my repeating my indiscretion with Sabine. I neither have the equipment nor the inclination. Perhaps it is better that way."

I have this evolutionary philosophy surrounding autism and other perceived "intellectual impairments". It's somewhat irrelevant to mental retardation or a low intelligence quotient due to genetic differences, but sort of important to the larger picture.

Having worked with, studied, and advocated for children with this autism; I've come to the conclusion that there is likely an evolutionary process occurring right before our eyes and it is shunned and great strides are being taken in trying to conform these behaviors to "normalcy" because of it's seeming inadequacies surrounding sociability. These children tend to possess savant like qualities where they have a higher understanding in a specific academic area, whether it involve numbers, colors, words, music, the arts, etc. etc. There is yet to be determined a genetic factor in relation to autism and this leads me to believe there is an evolutionary reason why more and more children are being born with the "diagnosis".

Just because these children are not able to conform to our ideation of "normal", should they too be sterilized? The Modern Prometheus (frankenstein) leaves us with one underlying lesson, "don't fuck with mother nature".

well, though i dont have a LOT of experience with autism, it just so happens that my g/f has an autistic 7 year old. he's very high functioning as they call it and can read at an astonishing level. when we first got together it amazed me when we would walk into a store and he would start reading the labels on all the products. at age 5. he once picked up a book on electrical work and started reading it to his 3 year old brother. he had a 300 word vocabulary in KINDERGARDEN for fucks sake.

You tell me. Is it really a choice after addiction sets in and it is no longer "recreational"? I won't deny experimenting with certain drugs and I wouldn't change anything but the fact that it hindered me financially, emotionally, and ambitiously. A lot of "artists" using drugs to inspire their works, generally tend to do so post their financial success. How often is it that you're aware of someone beside Crackhead Bob, becoming notorious for their drug induced art work?

very often actually. most musicians i listen to were doing all kinds of drugs LONG before they became famous. case in point, metallica. they get older, "mature", and stop doing drugs and whaddya know? their music sucks donkey dicks all of a sudden. in the case of art, most painters didnt/dont become famous until after their deaths. even a lot of writers, particularly in the areas of literary fiction and poetry, write/wrote while under the influence of heroin or opium, case in point,

"Samuel Taylor Coleridge's famous poem Kubla Khan was inspired by an opium-induced vision. Mary Shelley's idea for Frankenstein came from a waking opium dream. Wilkie Collins dictated the first detective novel, The MoonStone, "largely under the effects of opium".

Thomas De Quincey even wrote a book called Confessions of an English Opium Eater - the Trainspotting of its day."

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/articles/h_opium.htm

and countless others.

YAY for midgets!! whatever you do, don't sterilize those little bastards, they're too comical!  :wink:

midgets make me happy. :)
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 05:39:06 PM »

OoOoOh! more excellent points for me to discuss, you spoil me D1!
i lurve this guy!  :vc:

i think there is some validity to the idea of the eunuch. those without testosterone are less likely to feel aggressive tendencies especially of a sexual nature. i found this article somewhere and found it interesting if a bit... odd. especially the very last sentence.

http://www.eunuch.org/Alpha/D/ea_120506double_j.htm

"There?s certainly no chance now of my repeating my indiscretion with Sabine. I neither have the equipment nor the inclination. Perhaps it is better that way."

Very, very interesting. There is actually a book called Theories of Rape: Inquiries Into the Causes of Sexual Aggression heres the link (i can't believe i actually found it in its almost full content online!!)It's clinically verbose and a little difficult to follow if you're not into reading text of such nature, but it basically explores the genetic concepts involved when determining what causes another's tendencies to commit sexually aggressive acts.

It really raises excellent questions as to if the propensity to commit such heinous acts as rape, is strictly a result of psychological shortcomings or if there is a genetic link involved that causes men to have an inexplicable, subconscious urge to seed just to continue the evolution of a certain trait.

I dunno, I love reading that shit! It really gives you more of an understanding beyond the superficial idea's that we allow to be injected into our knowledge base.  :lmao:   

well, though i dont have a LOT of experience with autism, it just so happens that my g/f has an autistic 7 year old. he's very high functioning as they call it and can read at an astonishing level. when we first got together it amazed me when we would walk into a store and he would start reading the labels on all the products. at age 5. he once picked up a book on electrical work and started reading it to his 3 year old brother. he had a 300 word vocabulary in KINDERGARDEN for fucks sake.

Believe it or not, you do have a lot of experience with it. Just living with it daily on an intimate basis, gives you a tremendous insight into a little world that sooo many are oblivious to. Having experienced it first hand and witnessing it on a high functioning level, you've already noted the amazement.

Now, think about how such an ability is considered a "disability" of sorts. Is it really a "disability"? Why would society want to conform such extraordinary behaviors instead of foster them? It blows my mind totally.

I feel that society has retarded intellectual ability for a very long time. Hundreds of years even- through government and religion controls and that this "affliction" is almost a genetic way of showing us that the human brain is capable of so much more and we are not using our intellect to its full potential. In the distant future, you will see this continue to deviate and produce even smarter beings, likely not in our lifetime. Mark my words, lol!

very often actually. most musicians i listen to were doing all kinds of drugs LONG before they became famous. case in point, metallica. they get older, "mature", and stop doing drugs and whaddya know? their music sucks donkey dicks all of a sudden. in the case of art, most painters didnt/dont become famous until after their deaths. even a lot of writers, particularly in the areas of literary fiction and poetry, write/wrote while under the influence of heroin or opium, case in point,

Hmmmmm...I owned Garage Days on cassette before the east coast was even aware they existed. A friend from California said I had to hear it and I found it in NYC at one of those little eclectic music stores that sold demo's of up and comers. I won't disagree that their sound was original and that it has become shit present day. But, I don't think that drug use or abstaining from it, is exactly why. After Cliff died (yeah, i was a bitch and cried my heart out, lol!), I feel they sold out to the commercial beast and were put into a position to make music for money and there was no longer the passion or inspiration to be successful behind the drive.   

"Samuel Taylor Coleridge's famous poem Kubla Khan was inspired by an opium-induced vision. Mary Shelley's idea for Frankenstein came from a waking opium dream. Wilkie Collins dictated the first detective novel, The MoonStone, "largely under the effects of opium".

Thomas De Quincey even wrote a book called Confessions of an English Opium Eater - the Trainspotting of its day."

http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/articles/h_opium.htm

and countless others.

You have a valid point. But, look at the downside of leading a tumultuous existence that alienates you from your life and loved ones. Does drug dependence really inspire ones creativity or does it hinder it in some unforeseeable way because you don't realize your capabilities or potential while sober? Imagine what the creativity level might be without drug usage.

midgets make me happy. :)

i bet they make me happier!  :lmao:

Deviouz1Topic starter

• Governor
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 11:09:13 PM »

OoOoOh! more excellent points for me to discuss, you spoil me D1!
i lurve this guy!  :vc:

Very, very interesting. There is actually a book called Theories of Rape: Inquiries Into the Causes of Sexual Aggression heres the link (i can't believe i actually found it in its almost full content online!!)It's clinically verbose and a little difficult to follow if you're not into reading text of such nature, but it basically explores the genetic concepts involved when determining what causes another's tendencies to commit sexually aggressive acts.

It really raises excellent questions as to if the propensity to commit such heinous acts as rape, is strictly a result of psychological shortcomings or if there is a genetic link involved that causes men to have an inexplicable, subconscious urge to seed just to continue the evolution of a certain trait.

I dunno, I love reading that shit! It really gives you more of an understanding beyond the superficial idea's that we allow to be injected into our knowledge base.  :lmao:

youll have to pardon me but unfortunately i dont have the time to read it atm. if it were in laymans terms i would but dense subject matter requires a bit more attention and research than im able to afford at this time. however, from what i understand most rapes have nothing to do with sexuality per se. rather its the imposition of ones will upon another, weaker person. i knew a crime scene chick that had a class on it as part of her training and she explained that a lot of times rapists wont even penetrate with their own appendages. they use things like broom handles and umbrellas and wine bottles etc. more of a torture thing than anything else. my point being that without testosterone the perpetrators may very well not get the urge to complete what may have once been their fantasies. it may also be that what once drove them into a sexual fervor may actually turn their stomach so to speak.

Believe it or not, you do have a lot of experience with it. Just living with it daily on an intimate basis, gives you a tremendous insight into a little world that sooo many are oblivious to. Having experienced it first hand and witnessing it on a high functioning level, you've already noted the amazement.

Now, think about how such an ability is considered a "disability" of sorts. Is it really a "disability"? Why would society want to conform such extraordinary behaviors instead of foster them? It blows my mind totally.

I feel that society has retarded intellectual ability for a very long time. Hundreds of years even- through government and religion controls and that this "affliction" is almost a genetic way of showing us that the human brain is capable of so much more and we are not using our intellect to its full potential. In the distant future, you will see this continue to deviate and produce even smarter beings, likely not in our lifetime. Mark my words, lol!

well, as amazing as he can be there are also tradeoffs. things like what we call "meltdowns" where he simply cant handle the input from the world around him. my g/f has been called to pick him up from school for things like stabbing another kid in the face with a pair of scissors, throwing chairs at teachers, and scream-crying at the top of his lungs for 2 hours straight. but if he's NOT in the middle of a meltdown you would almost never know he was any different than any other kid his age.  once you get to know him youll notice little things like his "parroting" which therefore means that you have to really watch what you say around him, FAR more than other kids, because he can repeat something youve said word for word at the worst possible times. >.<

Hmmmmm...I owned Garage Days on cassette before the east coast was even aware they existed. A friend from California said I had to hear it and I found it in NYC at one of those little eclectic music stores that sold demo's of up and comers. I won't disagree that their sound was original and that it has become shit present day. But, I don't think that drug use or abstaining from it, is exactly why. After Cliff died (yeah, i was a bitch and cried my heart out, lol!), I feel they sold out to the commercial beast and were put into a position to make music for money and there was no longer the passion or inspiration to be successful behind the drive.

i cant really agree with that. cliff rocked for sure but i dont think his departure really did a lot to hinder them overall. when newstead joined they still put some pretty kickass albums out right up until ... i would say somewhere between and justice for all and the self titled they just... lost something. now when you think about it, titles like Master of Puppets are just BRIMMING with drug references. in master's case it was cocaine. without providing a bunch of other references, which we both know i can come up with, it IS right around the time they sold out that the music started to suck. even and justice was borderline but they DID still have some fire in em and i look at dyers eve and shortest straw the feeling in them is a lot like how i felt when i was coming down from a 4 day + tweak. and if you look at the songs following that album youll see a very distinct change in their style of playing, their overall demeanor, and in their attitudes. gone were the "Metal up your ass" T-shirts and the jeans with the knees worn out of them and the scruffy, unkempt look they once had.

back in the day you might remember they were at one point dubbed "Alchoholica". post and justice you probably cant even find a picture of any of them even having a beer. actually, i think that had more to do with dave mustaine leaving/being kicked out (depending on which story you prefer) that got them that nickname. honestly i think i could even tell you, just from what i know about the members, which guys did what drugs and be fairly accurate about it.

>.<

sorry, lol we just went on a bit of a tangent. if there is one thing i know its my metallica history. :D

You have a valid point. But, look at the downside of leading a tumultuous existence that alienates you from your life and loved ones. Does drug dependence really inspire ones creativity or does it hinder it in some unforeseeable way because you don't realize your capabilities or potential while sober? Imagine what the creativity level might be without drug usage.

well, if my above assessment is correct...

but its not like im infallible, im willing to accept theories other than my own as possibly valid. is it POSSIBLE that drugs had nothing to do with or actually hindered the creative juices of these artists and writers and musicians? sure. but to be perfectly frank i think that possibility is on the likelihood scale at about the same level as alien invasion, being struck by lightning, and catholic priests doing secretary work at planned parenthood. 

i bet they make me happier!  :lmao:

you sure about that?

Stephen Colbert begs to differ

i fucking ADORE that woman. :D

and not just from a sexual stance although... i can just imagine her little hands wrapped around my johnson, they make it look so BIG <shiver>

erm... yeah. anyway. >.<
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 02:07:56 AM »

bwah! I absolutely LOVE Colbert! He's so fucking obnoxious! I'm not ignoring this thread or any others and will reply later, when I have more time to focus and address things accordingly  :-*

Deviouz1Topic starter

• Governor
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 02:25:32 AM »

and here i thought Bridget scared you away. :lmao:
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 11:26:51 PM »

and here i thought Bridget scared you away. :lmao:

Well..I wouldn't necessarily say "scared" but, uh..yeah, that was a little wrong on a couple of levels. To each his own you freaky deaky dutch bastard!   :lmao:

I'm making a cup of coffee and readying myself for a kick ass reply to yours above, be prepared!  :vc:

Deviouz1Topic starter

• Governor
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 01:21:26 AM »

Well..I wouldn't necessarily say "scared" but, uh..yeah, that was a little wrong on a couple of levels. To each his own you freaky deaky dutch bastard!   :lmao:

I'm making a cup of coffee and readying myself for a kick ass reply to yours above, be prepared!  :vc:

the funny part is, im 6',6" 253lbs.

:rotf:
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 01:42:30 AM »

youll have to pardon me but unfortunately i dont have the time to read it atm. if it were in laymans terms i would but dense subject matter requires a bit more attention and research than im able to afford at this time. however, from what i understand most rapes have nothing to do with sexuality per se. rather its the imposition of ones will upon another, weaker person.

Well, there definitely is a psychological component to rape, that is undeniable. But what I'm referring to is the somewhat genetic drive that would cause that sort of aggression in a mentally retarded male. What makes the hormone testosterone, which is abounding in every male, cause someone with a compromised intellect to behave impulsively in such an unmitigated manner?

The theory I linked to above basically expounds on the genetics of sexual aggression and how in almost a Darwinian manner there is a deeper, more carnal desire to reproduce to further the existence of or at least continue the cycle of a weaker gene. 

i knew a crime scene chick that had a class on it as part of her training and she explained that a lot of times rapists wont even penetrate with their own appendages. they use things like broom handles and umbrellas and wine bottles etc. more of a torture thing than anything else. my point being that without testosterone the perpetrators may very well not get the urge to complete what may have once been their fantasies. it may also be that what once drove them into a sexual fervor may actually turn their stomach so to speak.

It's my opinion that deviant sexual acts of penetration and control or submissiveness may be driven by testosterone in a fantasy or role playing way; as a healthy, albeit not for everyone means to derive pleasure or sexual gratification. But, those acts in conjunction with actual rape and intent to cause physical harm or even death are more perversions generally driven by psychological issues surrounding some sort of physical and/or emotional abuse during the early stages of development. I'd have to do a little more research on it as I don't recall if there has been actual genetic case studies done to link sociopaths. I do know there have been neurologic studies via comparing brain imaging and activities of serial murderers like Jeffrey Dahmer and there are actual differences in activity and lobe size.     

well, as amazing as he can be there are also tradeoffs. things like what we call "meltdowns" where he simply cant handle the input from the world around him. my g/f has been called to pick him up from school for things like stabbing another kid in the face with a pair of scissors, throwing chairs at teachers, and scream-crying at the top of his lungs for 2 hours straight. but if he's NOT in the middle of a meltdown you would almost never know he was any different than any other kid his age.  once you get to know him youll notice little things like his "parroting" which therefore means that you have to really watch what you say around him, FAR more than other kids, because he can repeat something youve said word for word at the worst possible times. >.<

Think of those meltdowns like this; You're in a small room, like a closet. Someone is blasting techno music, as they flick the light switch on and off repeatedly, after they've released a box of those fat bellied buzzing flies into that cramped space with you. How do you think you would feel? Highly agitated, yes? As normal as he may seem sometimes, you have to always consider that his brain is working overtime. There are zillions more little thoughts zinging about in his head and he can not control them for very long. He may manage them well outwardly, but they never go away. There is a limit of how much stimulation a "normal" functioning brain can handle. Everyone has a limit. But add all those thoughts that he isn't able to process but so desperately wants and needs to, to seemingly normal stimuli and you have a recipe for disaster.

You may want to consider asking or demanding (in some states thats what it boils down to because they don't want to dip into their budgets) the school system about implementing Sensory Integration Therapy into his specific education plan because his outbursts are so violent. Even if they are infrequent.

i cant really agree with that. cliff rocked for sure but i dont think his departure really did a lot to hinder them overall.

WHAT?! are you nucking futs? I disagree. The whole dynamic of the group changed after that! The material may have sounded some what the same, but the content was off, at least to me.

when newstead joined they still put some pretty kickass albums out right up until ... i would say somewhere between and justice for all and the self titled they just... lost something.

I agree. They lost Cliff and finally realized they weren't really Metallica anymore. The final nail was and justice for all, imho.

now when you think about it, titles like Master of Puppets are just BRIMMING with drug references. in master's case it was cocaine. without providing a bunch of other references, which we both know i can come up with, it IS right around the time they sold out that the music started to suck. even and justice was borderline but they DID still have some fire in em and i look at dyers eve and shortest straw the feeling in them is a lot like how i felt when i was coming down from a 4 day + tweak. and if you look at the songs following that album youll see a very distinct change in their style of playing, their overall demeanor, and in their attitudes. gone were the "Metal up your ass" T-shirts and the jeans with the knees worn out of them and the scruffy, unkempt look they once had.

OK, there is another detrimental factor you're overlooking of which you yourself admitted to possessing. Maturity. They matured. In doing so, they also succumbed to the monetary beast of fame, but they grew up. Sure their tunes revolved around drugs and the euphoric and controlling effects of drugs and we loved their stuff because we could relate to it, but think about all the other tunes you embraced pre and post the speed metal movement, not all of the artists and material were a result of drug use.

back in the day you might remember they were at one point dubbed "Alchoholica". post and justice you probably cant even find a picture of any of them even having a beer. actually, i think that had more to do with dave mustaine leaving/being kicked out (depending on which story you prefer) that got them that nickname. honestly i think i could even tell you, just from what i know about the members, which guys did what drugs and be fairly accurate about it.

Wait, I thought Mustane was an earlier factor in the band, way before and justice and they booted his ass because he was such a lush and couldnt get on with hammet and burton?? Then he went on to Megadeath? SHIT, if i can remember!  :lmao:

>.<

^^ what the hell is that all about?  :lol:

sorry, lol we just went on a bit of a tangent. if there is one thing i know its my metallica history. :D

go you! all i can remember from those days is being hungry, very hungry.  :vc:

well, if my above assessment is correct...

but its not like im infallible, im willing to accept theories other than my own as possibly valid. is it POSSIBLE that drugs had nothing to do with or actually hindered the creative juices of these artists and writers and musicians? sure. but to be perfectly frank i think that possibility is on the likelihood scale at about the same level as alien invasion, being struck by lightning, and catholic priests doing secretary work at planned parenthood.

Yeah, it's subjective.  :wink:

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 01:51:27 AM »

the funny part is, im 6',6" 253lbs.

:rotf:

OK Andre...:confused:

It doesn't matter. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. I know this for a fact. I have brothers and have mastered the art of pretending I've suffered a serious injury until you get close enough for me to kick you in the groin.  :rotf: 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.544 seconds with 37 queries.