ThirdRailForum

• July 26, 2017, 02:43:38 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Jon Stewart Pwns Santelli, Cramer and CNBC  (Read 2803 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Jon Stewart Pwns Santelli, Cramer and CNBC
« on: March 11, 2009, 02:15:21 AM »

This is not over yet and getting better by the day. For those oversees or who don't watch CNBC, Rick Santelli and a few other self-absorbed conservative commentators on that network have been playing the economic crisis as though Clinton and all the liberal Democrats are entirely to blame for it since way back when McCain and Obama were neck in neck.

The conservative climax was about a week ago when Rick Santelli got mad as hell at Obama and morphed into Howard Beale on the floor of the stock exchange while reporting live. He cut quite a promo on Obama. Santelli received a lot of publicity for his stunt and was suppose to be a guest on the Jon Stewart show but backed out. It's probably a good thing he did because Jon Stewart deftly turned around his comments and aptly applied them to Santelli's network, CNBC and made them all look like fools. That's where the fun started as shown in the vids.

It's unfortunate that the focus and carrying the burden of CNBC shifted to Cramer (the bald guy) who wasnt one of those with a political agenda to undermine Obama like Santelli, Kudlow and greaseball douchebag extraordinaire, Charlie Gasparino but the video speak for themselves and are hilarious.

There is a rumor that Cramer will be going on Jon Stewart's show on Thursday so we'll see what happens.

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 253
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
Re: Jon Stewart Pwns Santelli, Cramer and CNBC
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »

Dude, I was just about to post about this.  Stewart has latched on to Cramer's crotch like a pitbull.  I see this bringing Cramer's brand down like Beavis & Butthead deep-sixed Winger in the early 90's.

As for Joe "Max Headroom" Scarborough, he must have never heard of Crossfire.  Stewart came on that show, kicked it in the jimmy and it never recovered.  Crossfire was cancelled shortly thereafter and that bowtie-wearing fruit, Tucker Carlson, had to change his whole persona to find his way back to TV.

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »

KRAMER! I vant to let chu know.. you deed a bad ting. You insult my friend Jon eStew and make lose da Iron Sheik's money. You going to soon or late have to see de Iron Sheik.. de reel Olympic chapion.. AAU chapion...

You are no good invest man son of a bitch.. I vish mister Regis - Regis Fellman or David Letter Man or my friend eh eh ehh Mack eh ehhh Mack Lover whatever his name is to invite me to der show to I talk about you you no good sonofabitch bald bastard..

Soon or late I'm going to suplex you, putchu in da Kamel Kluch and I'm going to fuck your ass and makes you humble old country way.. and never again you talk bad about my friend Jon eStew and make Iron Sheik lose money..

Cramer's big mistake was taking it way too person and overreacting when Stewart was calling out the entire network based on Santelli's comments. Of course since he gives stock advice every day, they have a ton of material on him. There was another episode after Cramer made the huge mistake of responded by writing a story on some site where Stewart came back and really eviscerated him but I can't find it on youtube. Part of it is here..

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:10:44 PM »

OH SNAP!  I've watched that DS clip a few times and never saw Cramer's reaction at 4:02.  Stewart set him up and crushed his soul... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 12:12:57 PM »

OH GOD!  His expression as Stewart eats his heart is...is... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Peter Perfect

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Peter Perfect probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 02:54:24 PM »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:  I'm gonna have to make a point of watching him.

White Rabbit

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 04:09:02 PM »

The first You tube is removed, just so you know....so my Context of the events is sketchy.

But as a fan of Stewart, that last one is just beautiful.

There is a certain added frisson in that Cramer looks like the hideous third child in the Fumunda Cheeze/TWAP brothers cueball head jug band.

However, if anyone took stock advice from that juddering clown, they pretty much deserve what they get.

Lost all my money but a two-dollar bill
    I'm on my long journey home

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 04:36:10 PM »

The first You tube is removed, just so you know....so my Context of the events is sketchy.

Those anal retentive (speaking of twap) greedy corporate bastards! Dont they realize that Youtube has the effect of promoting their shows to millions for free?  :hammer:

The first vid was the one that started it all against fucknut Rick Santelli. HE should have been the one getting raked over the coals but Cramer just had to respond. Let's see if this works...

<a href="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:220252" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:220252</a>

I guess I'll have to start posting more Jon Stewart videos to have you impart us with your commentary here more often.  :grin:

Edit - here's the second part which i couldn't find earlier.. probably because everyone who posted it on youtube got a telegram from viacom's atorneys threatening them to sue for punitive damages for promoting their shows without consent..

<a href="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:220288" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:220288</a>

White Rabbit

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 05:24:31 PM »

Thanks for the comedy central clips.

Fuck them, not one of these people lost a cent i imagine, that Santelli guy, the smug cunt, i'd take him outside and beat him on the kidneys with a bag of oranges until he vomited blood for that kind of witless rhetoric.

They deserve the shoeing they get, and i still stick by the idea that, i cannot believe people would trust that kind of inept hooting bollocks and use it as a basis to invest their own money.

It's like a lottery show.

Still, i make no apologies for my politics anymore, it's part the reason this forum, which i think is pretty..... pretty good, is not a place i have much worth in as a contributor.

I used to argue and get annoyed, now i see little point, I'm left wing, others aren't, that's their issue, not mine.

Devil take the hindmost and all that.

My hidden hippy sleeper gene has kicked in...still good work all round.

William Zanzinger, who at twenty-four years
Owns a tobacco farm of six hundred acres

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 07:09:06 PM »

Still, i make no apologies for my politics anymore, it's part the reason this forum, which i think is pretty..... pretty good, is not a place i have much worth in as a contributor.

I used to argue and get annoyed, now i see little point, I'm left wing, others aren't, that's their issue, not mine.

Devil take the hindmost and all that.

My hidden hippy sleeper gene has kicked in...still good work all round.

William Zanzinger, who at twenty-four years
Owns a tobacco farm of six hundred acres

I hear ya and use to think along similar lines myself. Sometimes it's good to vent, rant and get into a good argument or discussion about things that affect our lives, you know? At least the mental exercise of it and the consideration of different points of view and the learning of new things about different topics keeps you on your toes.

For instance, yesterday i learned that 'boat race' was cockney rhyme for face! I think this mental exercise beats the hell out of calling Feral or caskur a tard every day but to each their own.  :lol:

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 11:08:07 AM »

Stewart on Letterman...Man On Fire!

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »

OH SNAP, SON!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2009-03-11-cnbc-cramer-stewart_N.htm

CNBC's Cramer to spar with Comedy Central's Jon Stewart

NEW YORK ? One of the most intriguing, and potentially important, interviews of the week will take place Thursday night without either a journalist or a newsmaker. Fans of finance and entertainment are salivating to see how CNBC's Jim Cramer holds up when he appears on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

The host of Mad Money likely will have to provide the No. 1 business news network's most pointed defense yet against criticisms that, during the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, it has been too hard on President Obama's stimulus package and too soft on CEOs.

Cramer also will have to answer for misguided stock predictions ? including some last year urging investors to buy and hold Bear Stearns just before the investment bank collapsed.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 12:00:08 PM »

I think the point getting lost here in the Cramer - Stewart war is that aside from CNBC not knowing shit, it is these pompous wall street pricks like Rick Santelli and Charlie Gasparino who go on the air every day and undermine any kind of policy which is pro middle class.

Throughout the election, almost every day they would attack Obama's policies without even mentioning his name and blame the usual Democratic suspect for the crisis - Clinton, Barney Frank, Maxine Waters, etc.

Did any of these dickwads go on the air and ask people in middle America "how many of you want to see your tax dollars go to bailout the Wall Steet loser fatcats and CEO's who can't make their bond payments" and "are you listening Mr Bush?" when the first $700 billion no strings attached bailout bill to help Wall Street, banks and AIG was passed? Of course not!

Now they are fuming because a small portion of the latest bailout bill is going to help the "loser homeowners" who can't make their mortgage payments.  Rick Santelli, the one who needs to listen is YOU, asshole. Listen to the voters who shitcanned the Republicans in the last 2 elections and John McCain instead of your millionaire floor traders.

We're on the path to class warfare, baby. The worse that the wealth distribution in this country gets, the more chances of a socialist democratic revolution. Look at Venezuela. Poor people vote too.

emmie

• Lictor
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • emmie probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 12:39:12 PM »

As much as I hate to admit it, this is the best thread I have read on any forum in a long time.  Jon Stewart is great.  It was all a simple comment and Cramer is just simply an idiot.  He is like V-Agent of BH if you will... hahaha

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »

This has exploded and taken a life on it's own. Just about every news network is talking about it. The money shot comes tonight. If Cramer goes on Jon Stewart and is anything but self-deprecating or if he is overly defensive, he is going to get crushed. Now he even has the attention of Congress. Can a government prosecutor looking into his dealings be far behind?

Johnny Storm

• Emperor
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »

Oh my gawd!  Cramer is getting assraped on TDS.  I can't watch the rest of it.  Partly because I'm feeling noxious about someone getting utterly destroyed on national tv and partly because I'm mad as hell about these financial types plundering my investments and this country.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 12:03:36 AM »

Oh my gawd!  Cramer is getting assraped on TDS.  I can't watch the rest of it.  Partly because I'm feeling noxious about someone getting utterly destroyed on national tv and partly because I'm mad as hell about these financial types plundering my investments and this country.

Ah hell, I missed it! I'll have to catch the replay later on. I watched The Wrestler earlier today and it was pretty good. Damn good acting by Mickey Rourke and Marisa Tomei is one hot fuckin MILF! She's got to be pushing 40 and looked great playing a stripper.

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 12:12:30 AM »

I once got lazy on TWaP's Investopedia so I hit up my fellow chrome dome Kramer and took a punt on every stock that he recommended...my portfolio ended up looking like Little Big Horn if the Lakota Sioux had AK47's  :hammer:

Would you believe that we get Jon Stewart here but a day in arrears, I've got to wait until 2moro for the ritual slaughter  :wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »

Ahh its not on for another hour and a half here - I can't wait! Dude Mister Bra1n don't you have DVR man?

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 12:32:14 AM »

Ahh its not on for another hour and a half here - I can't wait! Dude Mister Bra1n don't you have DVR man?

I do but I didnt get to set it. It will probably be on the Comedy Central website in a little while. I just checked but it still wasnt on.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.41 seconds with 40 queries.