ThirdRailForum

• August 22, 2017, 08:53:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: AIG needs to go!  (Read 1976 times)

plus minus reset

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
AIG needs to go!
« on: March 15, 2009, 08:37:02 AM »

This just in from our favorite welfare client...AIG

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29697096/

Are they kidding?  Does the fact that the taxpayers of the US are funding their existence mean nothing?

WTF, the people who they are trying to retain are the same ones that perpetrated the hoax on the public and brought us to this sad state. Why are we subsidizing the same flim-flam artists that have made use into a replica of a third world nation?

When companies are downsizing because of their negligence, when people are losing their homes and jobs because of their negligence...for their CEO to even say the crap he is spewing...he needs to be taken down a notch or two. He and his cronies need to be unemployed!

Bitch!

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

AZtucson

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • AZtucson probably just rolled in here.
Re: AIG needs to go!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »

I'm not sure, but I think AIG got its bailout money under Bush's "No Questions Asked" bailout plan.  The last great fuckover he gave the American people before he bumbled back to Texas.

He and AIG are just laughing in our faces.

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 11:28:51 AM »

Shit makes me as sick as the Big Three automakers showing up in their private jets asking for government handouts.

Whether the money came from the Bush administration, or the Obama administration... these guys simply have no respect for the American public.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »

Is this the same AIG?

No wonder you all think they're a bunch of shitbags  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »

+

=

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

AZtucson

• Censor
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 01:35:57 PM »

Whether the money came from the Bush administration, or the Obama administration... these guys simply have no respect for the American public.

Their bailout was delivered during the Bush presidency and it does matter because there were no restraints or conditions placed on executive pay/bonuses, as Obama has done.  But now Obama is stuck with dealing with the fall-out from it and has absolutely no legal recourse since the bonuses are contractual.  But he's the one who's going to come off looking ineffectual, and he'll face more flack in enacting any future support of the financial market.

And in no time Limbaugh will be mocking Obama as if he handed the money over and got fucked.  People have short memories and down the road it'll be used a campaign fodder for Republicans.

Meanwhile...I wonder what Bush has to say about it?

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 02:08:03 PM »

It's amazing what an intellectually curious POTUS could have prevented. 

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

thekid65

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 60
  • thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.thekid65 has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2012 Fantasy Football Champ100+ Reply Thread - Honestly, who here has a problem being scanned?100+ Reply Thread -   	 Somebody please explain why the Obama administration
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 04:38:11 PM »

Their bailout was delivered during the Bush presidency and it does matter because there were no restraints or conditions placed on executive pay/bonuses, as Obama has done.  But now Obama is stuck with dealing with the fall-out from it and has absolutely no legal recourse since the bonuses are contractual.  But he's the one who's going to come off looking ineffectual, and he'll face more flack in enacting any future support of the financial market.

And in no time Limbaugh will be mocking Obama as if he handed the money over and got fucked.  People have short memories and down the road it'll be used a campaign fodder for Republicans.

Meanwhile...I wonder what Bush has to say about it?

Not quite sure if you mis-understood me, I dont care where the fuck the money came from, the asswipes should know that now is not the time to be handing out bonuses....

How in the fuck can a company be so stupid?

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 07:13:00 PM »

How in the fuck can a company be so stupid?

Call me a cynical twat but I’d imagine that AIG take you good ole Yanks as a bunch of saps.  To blatantly take the piss like that under the full media spotlight...fuck !!!!

Common sense says that they have cold heartedly calculated that you cunts are exactly the same cunts that got lead into a war by a lying smiling retard, the kind of people who will sit around in the tattered ruins of an economy, waving goodbye to your jobs as the very people that got you there wipe their corporate cocks on your willing lips as they ride off into the sunset with their multi million dollar bonuses...after all, “American Idol” is on the TV, Simon Cowell is about to be rude to some desperate sad cunt from Nebraska........

I’m taking the piss...I’ve yet to lose my faith in the home of rebellion...as Churchill once said, “you can always count on the American people to do the right thing...after all other avenues have been exhausted”  :wheelchair:

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 265
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »

I don't think it had anything to do with the AIG perception of the American public.  I think they figured they wouldn't have jobs in the coming months because the gov't owns 80% of their business, derivative trading will be regulated into oblivion, and their departments will be sold off and cut to shread.  So, why not take the money and run?

...not saying I condone it, but I understand.  Sort of like the the OJ thing.

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 07:27:55 PM »

I don't think it had anything to do with the AIG perception of the American public.  I think they figured they wouldn't have jobs in the coming months because the gov't owns 80% of their business, derivative trading will be regulated into oblivion, and their departments will be sold off and cut to shread.  So, why not take the money and run?

...not saying I condone it, but I understand.  Sort of like the the OJ thing.

Cutting to the quick of it as always  :snack:

AZtucson

• Censor
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »

Seems Treasury Secretary Geithner - the only major holdover from the Bush administration - says he had no fucking idea about the huge bonuses.  Even though he was the one who studied AIG and crafted the bailout package last September.

Is he just a dumbass, or is he carrying out the last "fuck you" maneuver for his former boss?  He's the one who should be on the hotseat about this, not Obama!

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 374
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 07:30:18 AM »

Seems like CT Senator Chris Dodd who also happened to take sizable political contributions from AIG, had a role in deleting language to prevent the bonuses. If that's the case then he should be shitcanned of any leadership position.

The hypocrisy of all this is how Congress as whole fleeces the taxpayers with billions of dollars in wasteful pork spending programs every year then turns around, acts incensed in front of the news cameras and hold special hearings (more spending) to get to the bottom of the $165 million bonuses they approved in the first place.

Then, the Republicans posturing for a run in 2012 blame Obama. Business as usual.
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

AZtucson

• Censor
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 08:42:10 AM »

Then, the Republicans posturing for a run in 2012 blame Obama. Business as usual.

No sit.  A recent Newsweek article:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/190243

Now I don't know what Eleanor Clift's political leanings are, but in any case it demonstrates the press corps willingness to overlook hard facts about a story in favor of a "good headline."  Since Obama is so popular and actually "presidential" in his public perception, journalists were no doubt salivating over the first chance to bust his chops, to show a "failure."

No where did this wench reference when and by whom this package was drafted.  Take a look, and note the date of the story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/16/business/main4453942.shtml

If anyone should be taking it in the ass over this one, it's Paulson and in a larger sense, our dear daparted Dumbfuck president Bush, who oversaw this "Free Money!" disaster.  His bailout deal was made with no restrictions on its use by the recipients.  Thanks George, you fucked us again, all the way from Crawford, Texas.

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »

If anyone should be taking it in the ass over this one, it's Paulson and in a larger sense, our dear daparted Dumbfuck president Bush, who oversaw this "Free Money!" disaster.  His bailout deal was made with no restrictions on its use by the recipients.  Thanks George, you fucked us again, all the way from Crawford, Texas.

I agree with you there, but to be fair, this cluster fuck should include Geithner and Dodd.  We can't do shit to Dumbo and Paulson, they got their money and ran...but we can shitcan both these incompetents.  And while we are on it, the government should also take back any monies the Governors do not want.  Why should they take it and use it to pay off the states debts, that is not what it is intended for.

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

AZtucson

• Censor
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 09:49:55 AM »

You're right, especially about Geithner.  If anyone currently in office should be crucified, it's him.  I'm not buying his "I know nothing" bullshit.  If he didn't, he sure as hell SHOULD have.

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 01:51:13 PM »

Now it's even worse than previously reported.  It seems that the true bonus figure is around $220 million, not the $165 originally said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29812224/

I don't know wtf is up with this company. I thought if you did a good job you got rewarded, if you did a crappy job you got fired. 

It seems as if they rewarded everyone who actually did the most damage to the company...and they're even trying to retain these fuckers to do more damage.   :hammer:

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 374
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 02:02:26 PM »

Eleanor Clift is liberal/Dem leaning in her politics but not way out there.

I can understand the legal concerns about the bonuses not being paid and the lawsuits that could potentially follow but that whole thing could have been taken care with a simple tax law:

If you are an executive who works for a company who received public bailout money this past year and make over $250,000, any bonus you receive from the company will be taxed at 90%.

That's exactly what they did AFTER the shit hit the fan. Why didn't they do this concurrently or before ALL the other bailout bills? Not just to AIG but everyone else. Actually, that's what the House did but I think the Republicans stalled it in the Senate.

There is no fucking way that any of these assholes who are making over $250,000 working for "loser" companies to paraphrase Rick Santelli, should be taking million dollar bonus while they count on the public to bail them out.
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 04:47:55 PM »

BTW.....Tim Geithner isn't a holdover.

Geithner, Dodd, Barney Frank, Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi ALL knew about the bonuses as well as exactly how much they were and who was receiving them.

If not Pres Obama himself, at least some on his staff were also privy to this information.

If we're going to clean house then all involved need to go.

Now they are trying to essentially  reneg on the contract that they knew full well was in place and excepted from any actions.  Should this be allowed to happen it will set a precedent that will make it very difficult for ANY contracts to be fully honored (read that as union contracts here folks).  Now wouldn't that be completely contradictory to Democratic party policies?

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2009, 07:42:35 AM »

BTW.....Tim Geithner isn't a holdover.

Geithner, Dodd, Barney Frank, Maxine Waters and Nancy Pelosi ALL knew about the bonuses as well as exactly how much they were and who was receiving them.

If not Pres Obama himself, at least some on his staff were also privy to this information.

Now they are trying to essentially  reneg on the contract that they knew full well was in place and excepted from any actions.  Should this be allowed to happen it will set a precedent that will make it very difficult for ANY contracts to be fully honored (read that as union contracts here folks).  Now wouldn't that be completely contradictory to Democratic party policies?

Tim Geithner was previously the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and worked with Bernanke, maybe not a holdover, but he was also manning the oars in that sinking boat.

Quote from: LK
As to cleaning house, well that would include all the Republicans that held the same committee chairs during the Bush Administration that are now in the hands of the Democrats. 

You talk about the Democrats involvement, but fail to mention that Republicans are also on these same committees, yet didn't share their views when this was happening, now it seems they have found their voices.  This shit has been brewing waaaaaaaaaaaay before the Dems had control of Congress, and the ones that were calling the shots were Bush and his Republican lead Congress.  Remember the Democrats did not take over any committees until 2007.  This shit did not get to smelling so bad in just 1 year.  We need to be bi-partisan in placing blame where it should go. 

Quote from: LK
Now they are trying to essentially  reneg on the contract that they knew full well was in place and excepted from any actions.
As to contracts...My company is not as big as AIG, but when they talk bonus, they put it in writing, and it is well understood.  I will get a certain bonus amount if my department does well, if it doesn't...I GET NOTHING.  I am sure the AIG contracts were written in the same English language as mine.  And if they weren't, then they knew what was coming and were covering their asses... 

As to Union contracts, you know as well as I do, that when a company is doing badly, they are re-negotiated to save jobs...THIS was a shakedown of major proportion!

This is not going away, what we need now is someone who is well versed in economics, and does not have an agenda, to advise Obama (who we knew all along was not experienced enough to be President...and he is now showing it). 
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.272 seconds with 42 queries.