ThirdRailForum

• December 16, 2017, 08:09:47 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't understand the fascination with these fuckin' celebrities  (Read 1563 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people

A few weeks ago it was some rapper who I've never heard beating the shit of his girlfriend who I'm fairly sure I've never heard of either. This was HUGE news. Seems like every news page on the web insisted on subjecting me to pics of Chris Brown hiding his face while getting in a car and some disheveled lady with bruises and a fat lip. Im sure the mindless tv shows like "ET" had entire episodes devoted to it.

The thing about that is that shit like that occurs EVERY SINGLE DAY throughout this country. Just go to your local courthouse and find the domestic violence courtroom. Worse than that, spouses kill each other just about every day. Sometimes the kids too. But the news and the rest of America doesnt care about problems and epidemics happening to real people. Only when it happens to them or a "celebrity" like Biggie Smalls or Chris Brown and Rhianna or whatever her name is. Domestic violence court orders are a joke and violated every day with impunity but you'll never see a story about that on CNN or "ET" unless it involves a celebrity.

Now we have this actress lady (who I also havent heard of) who died after hitting her head while skiing. Sure, it's a tragedy but do we really need an hour of programming on CNN to discuss it on Larry King? Every time  I pull up Yahoo News there she is, exposing her cleavage before the cameras in obviously better times. Never mind that people who ski fall down, break their bones, become quadriplegics and die just about every day too. Just spend an afternoon in the Barton Hospital ER in Lake Tahoe and you can see the people being brought in by helicopter every couple of hours.

What is the fascination with these celebrities? I can go back to the original OJ Simpson trial and the spectical that turned into. Now I see John Mayer all over the place. Who the fuck is John Mayer? You can't go grocery shopping without seeing a dozen celebrity magazines and tabloids with sensational headlines.

People who rap or act in movies or sing yet half of them would be part time waiters/waitresses or in the case of rappers, criminals if it werent for the public's excessive need to have diversions like movies and people rapping about how bad the shit is getting.

I only wish the news would stick with the actual news about real people instead of the disproportionate coverage for all these celebrity douche bags.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

White Rabbit

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.
Re: I don't understand the fascination with these fuckin' celebrities
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 02:47:18 PM »

What i did find somewhat disgraceful is the headline on the vile tabloid daily rag, the Sun, this morning.

"BROKEN MAN"

it proclaimed...

then a near full page picture of...

"a distraught Liam Neeson seen here in tears after his wife dies in tragic accident"

You don't fucking say?

Leave the bloke alone for gods sake, his wife just died, it's not fucking news that he is grieving.

Also..it wasn't tragic, it was bad luck.

At least it's not in the sense i was taught to believe what tragedy meant.

Aside from being a Bee Gees song obviously.

When the morning cries and you dont know why
Its hard to bear
With no-one to love you youre
Goin nowhere

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 03:14:05 PM »

Um, Bra1n? You've never heard of Natasha Richardson? Her mom is Vanessa Redgrave. She was an extremely talented actress.

That being said: last night I was watching the news, and the fucking reporter was broadcasting from right in front of the funeral home in Manhattan where supposedly Ms. Richardson's body was being prepared for whatever. How ghoulish can you get? And poor Liam Neeson; I can't imagine how shitty it must be for him to have lost his wife and have to deal with asshole paparazzi lurking outside his door like a bunch of jackals.

As for Chris Brown and Rhianna: I agree, nobody gives a rat's ass when a regular woman gets killed because her fucknut ex husband or whoever broke a restraining order and smacked her head in, or when a fucknut ex husband is found driving around with a loaded .38 and a Mapquest with directions to his former spouse's home. I mean, okay, it's too bad Rhianna got beat up, but it's not really news, now is it?
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 03:50:21 PM »

Aside from being a Bee Gees song obviously.

When the morning cries and you dont know why
Its hard to bear
With no-one to love you youre
Goin nowhere

Nice.  :rotf:

Um, Bra1n? You've never heard of Natasha Richardson? Her mom is Vanessa Redgrave. She was an extremely talented actress.

Never. I've heard of Vanessa Redgrave but couldn't tell you what's she's famous for other than ripping the government or someone at the Oscars in the 80's.

That's part of the point. To me, all these entertainers are just that - entertainers. They are fungible (remember that one, Rabbit?). If one dies, there are a thousand part time waitresses waiting for a turn to take her place. I mean if Will Smith, Snoop Dog and Ice T can become huge movie stars, what does that say about the talent requirements?

I could see some considerable attention being given if the guy who mapped the human genome and was on the verge of a cure for cancer bumped his head and died. But a freakin' actress?? Hours on CNN? Come on!

• Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 04:09:29 PM »

I detest the status of "Celebrity" to the nth degree.

Why the hell am i supposed to care more about the life's troubles of a person because they take up a little time on TV? It baffles me that people have a vested interest in the lives of someone they do not know and are incredibly unlikely to ever meet in the flesh.

Surely the most appalling example of this was the mass hysteria caused by the death of Princess Di? Jesus Christ the whole world went into mourning and hour upon hour of television and untold wordage in the newspapers made it seem like a catastrophe of world shattering proportions had occurred instead of the death of one young woman in a car accident. Fuck yeah it was a tragedy for her family as it is with the death of a loved one at any time but, give us a break, why should i give a flying fuck??

At the moment in the UK the big news story is the forthcoming death by cancer of a girl called Jade Goody who is famous only as a thick as shit contestant on Big Brother some years ago and following on from that she appeared on celebrity Big Brother and caused a few waves by insulting an Indian woman who was on the show and a big racism issue ensued. This girl, sad as her death is, means absolute diddly squat to me and i object to my factual news programmes and newspapers being splattered with pictures of her bald headed and looking sad.

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 04:23:56 PM »

OMG, Princess Di was the ultimate in celebrity worship making the world stop. I remember watching it live in the wee hours on CNN before they pronounced her dead and intensely hoping that we would pull through but once she passed, that's it! Report it and move on to the next story.

Sad as it was, she wasn't an indispensable figure of human kind. Trading on the markets didnt have to stop nor people around the world have to take a day off work to mourn her passing. When it comes down to it, the only reason she was famous was because of who she married. That's it.

She used her fame to bring attention to land minds which was good but Hollywood superstar and former member of NWA, Ice Cube could probably do the same thing with HIS fame. Not a real big deal. The way people who didnt know her were carrying on crying for days as though the world took a giant step backwards in the progress of history was sickening. What about Dodi? He died too and no one gave a shit about him!

White Rabbit

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.White Rabbit needs to post more to get noticed.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 04:31:30 PM »

At the moment in the UK the big news story is the forthcoming death by cancer of a girl called Jade Goody

OMG, Princess Di was the ultimate in celebrity worship making the world stop

Right...i'm out for a bit, i can sense you fuckers double teaming to troll me into a vitriolic mushroom....of course you aren't, i am a paranoid schizophrenic who places alarming value on his opinion for i am also a twat.

But

I cannot return to those topics.

Not now..I'm zen...fuck you...i'm off to do my breathing exercises and scowl at things.

You dirty fucking rotters.

Well they're staring all night and they're staring all day
I had no reason to be here at all
but now I gotta reason, its no real reason
and I'm waiting at the Berlin wall

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 04:39:55 PM »

Pet peeves of yours Rab?

I'd have to agree with you there, if the kids weren't behind me on the settee watching Dr Who to fall asleep to, i'd be bashing the keyboard and wailing in a frustrated rage too.  :slap:
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 05:39:56 PM »

Right...i'm out for a bit, i can sense you fuckers double teaming to troll me into a vitriolic mushroom....of course you aren't, i am a paranoid schizophrenic who places alarming value on his opinion for i am also a twat.

But

Not now..I'm zen...fuck you...i'm off to do my breathing exercises and scowl at things.

You dirty fucking rotters.

Well they're staring all night and they're staring all day
I had no reason to be here at all
but now I gotta reason, its no real reason
and I'm waiting at the Berlin wall

Let it out, my friend. It's therapeutic and doesn't cost anything.  :lol:

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 11:52:26 PM »

The Rhianna/Chris Brown thing I think was a good eye opener for young girls to see who love Rhianna and also who thought Chris Brown was a squeaky clean singer kid. yes it happens every day, but young girls need to see what can happen even to people who portray themselves to have it all.

I am so F U C K I N G sick of celebrity news - Paris Hilton really made me sick of it and Britney Spears, Brangelina and now Octo Mom with the paparazzi busting down her garage door to try to get the best shot to sell to a tabloid. If grown ass adults would stop wasting their fucking money on these shit rags, there wouldn't be any money in it anymore and they would stop. Can't stop people from watching though. Irritates the shit out of me.

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 294
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 03:23:46 AM »

I feel better knowing Bra1n didn't know who Chris Brown was because I'd never heard of the guy before.  I've heard of Rihanna but never heard any of her music....or if I have, I must have changed the channel or just not paid any attention.
Quote from: lokmar on December 14, 2017, 07:10:27 PM
I will take a straight kiddie fucker<*record scratch*>

Lolwut?

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 04:17:43 AM »

You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2009, 06:56:41 AM »

I feel better knowing Bra1n didn't know who Chris Brown was because I'd never heard of the guy before.  I've heard of Rihanna but never heard any of her music....or if I have, I must have changed the channel or just not paid any attention.

Fuck, you know we must be getting old when we havent heard of the 'artist' that all the teenies and 20 year olds are talking about and we also think that their music sucks!

deBauch

• Textual Interahamwe
  • Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 79
  • deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.deBauch has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Eddie Snowden trolls..100+ Reply Thread - Syria....100+ Reply Thread - Frack You100+ Reply Thread -The New York mosque thing100+ Reply Thread - Afghanistan
  • Dyslexics Against Fishism
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »

Only when it happens to them or a "celebrity" like Biggie Smalls or Chris Brown and Rhianna or whatever her name is.

Biggie Smalls is brown bread mate  :wheelchair:

The Rhianna/Chris Brown thing I think was a good eye opener for young girls to see who love Rhianna and also who thought Chris Brown was a squeaky clean singer kid.

Oh yeah, check out the youth of Boston who think that "she farkin 'add it cumin' to 'er the farkin slaaaaag"  :confused:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/deadlineusa/2009/mar/16/rihanna-usa  oh fuck ! I'm getting roped in  :hammer:

On a lighter note, somebody reported seeing a giant shuttlecock the other day, turned out it was Jade Goody in a wedding dress  :wheelchair:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/mar/21/jade-goody-ok-magazine

Quote from: Marquis deBlois after reading his death sentence before being guilloteened
"You made three spelling mistakes"

OMFG It's TOE!

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.OMFG It's TOE! yearns for more subjective praise.
  • Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football ChampWin vs Caskur
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »

I blame all of the fat, lonely housewives out there for this sort of shit. If these lazy fucking parasites would find something more constructive to do than read National Enquirer, browse PerezHilton.com and watch Entertainment tonight then the media would stop covering this sort of shit. It's being covered because it sells. It sells because fucktarded imbeciles need to entertain themselves through the lives and stories of others because they don't fucking do anything with their own lives.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 02:24:47 PM »

I blame all of the fat, lonely housewives out there for this sort of shit. If these lazy fucking parasites would find something more constructive to do than read National Enquirer, browse PerezHilton.com and watch Entertainment tonight then the media would stop covering this sort of shit. It's being covered because it sells. It sells because fucktarded imbeciles need to entertain themselves through the lives and stories of others because they don't fucking do anything with their own lives.

I agree but i think the media should take the initiative and stop catering to that crap to begin with. I dont mind it being confined to some waste of space show like Entertainment Tonight, just dont force it on me everywhere i look when i want to get the real news.

It is a sin that they devote so much time to it and not a single fucking minute of the news with live coverage of what went on in Iraq or Afghanistan - 2 WARS that this country is involved in.

That's why Bush was able to get away with it for 8 years. They placed restrictions on embedded media being able to ride with the troops and no one said anything about it. Al-Jazeera has much more war coverage than the US.

Deb, he's brown bread but he was another one that made the news every time he farted. People are still writing stories about him. A fucking faux-gangsta rapper.

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 02:30:14 PM »

Without the intense media coverage, participants may not know that if they are ahead in the "Third Rail Death Pool", this keeps them informed and up to date...but you know they tease you along the way...are they still alive, are they on deaths door, has the plug been pulled.  sheez Just tell us the facts and let us get some points on the board! :snack:
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2009, 02:38:51 PM »

Without the intense media coverage, participants may not know that if they are ahead in the "Third Rail Death Pool", this keeps them informed and up to date...but you know they tease you along the way...are they still alive, are they on deaths door, has the plug been pulled.  sheez Just tell us the facts and let us get some points on the board! :snack:

You know something, you have a good point there. We need the media to help us stay on top of our TR Celebrity Death Pool standings. People, please disregard this entire thread.  :grin:

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 08:20:37 PM »

Much ado about people who are not all that important.

Like Ang said......give us the facts and move on.

"So and So.....actress and wife of actor See and Say died today as the result of injuries suffered in a flashlight battery changing accident.  Apparently she tried to hold one battery in her mouth while removing the dead battery and when she gasped at the marvel she had performed she swallowed the battery and choked to death.  Her husband is shocked and saddened by the tragic death.  She was 35."

OK......Next bit of news please!

Seagull

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.Seagull is acknowledged by some.
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 09:28:09 PM »

If you don't like the fascination, stop buying the magazines, stop tuning to MTV, stop watching every FUCKING thing these people do

Job done

It will wither on the vine

Musn't Grumble
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.342 seconds with 42 queries.