ThirdRailForum

• August 22, 2017, 08:52:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are children learning to shoot semi-automatics?  (Read 552 times)

plus minus reset

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
Why are children learning to shoot semi-automatics?
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:49:42 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29787800#29778411

Why is this necessary?

Is it for defense, or some bullshit high for the Father?  It seems to be a "look at what my child can do", a type of conversation piece at the local redneck bar, and a novelty for the children to showoff to their peers?  And why show a 4 or 6 year old?  I just don't get this mentality.

I can image what will be said once a tragic accident occurs? 

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 374
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Re: Why are children learning to shoot semi-automatics?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 04:18:26 PM »

That's a sad commentary on today's society, I think. And perhaps a future dead soldier in the making.
Deuteronomy 13:6-16

LKTraz

• Environmentally Incorrect
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • LKTraz probably just rolled in here.
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:47:54 PM »

Firstly, those are full automatic weapons, machine guns if you will, and not semis.

Semi automatics will only fire one round with each pull of the trigger but do not need any action by the shooter to load the next round.  These are also known as autoloaders.

That corrected......there is no reason on this earth to have young kids handling these weapons much less shooting them!  Now bear in mind that I'm a gun owner here.

Some semi automatics are legal for hunting in a number of states and I could justify a kid of legal age to hunt being trained how to use them.  Full autos and not legal for hunting ANYWHERE.

These weapons should not be handled by anyone under 18 and preferably nobody under 21.  Their only civilian purpose is for target shooting.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 07:44:07 PM »

THIS is the unnecessary tragedy that happens when people think it's great to have their kids shooting.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/17825523/detail.html

LKTraz

• Quaestor
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 12:38:36 PM »

8 year old kids shouldn't be handling ANY firearms, much less a fucking Uzi!

Legal hunting age in most states is 12 and only after they have attended hunter/firearms safety classes and are 100% attended by a senior licensed hunter are they allowed to hunt.  Once they reach 16 they may hunt without a senior by their side but still must be within clear sight of one.  At age 18 they are considered senior and may hunt alone.

These should also be the requirements for target shooting but clearly they aren't.

JimmyBlonde

• Internet Gypsy
  • Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.JimmyBlonde has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread -   	 Globalisation and the effect on timber equines
  • Textual Mercenary
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:10 AM »

Why is this bad?

It's far worse to tell a kid "This is dangerous don't do it ever." because the moment your back is turned they will try it on their own.

Much better to tell the kid "This is dangerous and this is how it's done properly and safely".

Semi automatic weapons aren't weapons of mass destruction, they just fire a round every time you pull the trigger.

If you are talking about weapons that are fully automatic then I can understand your concern. There's nothing wrong with barreling a bunny with a semi-auto .22 if you're a kid but children aren't physically strong enough to control something like a 5.56 auto or an uzi.

Shit, I was potting bunnies myself at that age with a semi-auto .22, so was every other kid in my class. The .22 is basically a glorified air rifle.
You don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day.

-Michael Parenti

LKTraz

• Quaestor
  • Bitter Clinger
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:32:13 AM »

We share the same view here JB......almost.

I just feel that kids need to attain the proper age to obtain a hunting license before actually killing game.  Give them about 2 years before that age when you begin to show them how to "plink" with a .22 either bolt or semi.

Here in PA the legal age is 12 so at 10 I see nothing at all wrong with teaching them to shoot target (and cans, bottles etc) at that age.

This state doesn't allow any semi autos for hunting.  Everything has to be manually loaded by either: single shot break-apart, bolt or pump action.

Anyone who tells a kid "This is dangerous don't do it ever."  is ASKING for problems or terrorizing the kid for life and creating someone who will live in fear of firearms in general.

Yes, DO tell them about the dangers and necessary responsibility when handling firearms!

We must remember that a weapon sitting on a table by it self will never harm anyone or anything, if someone picks it up the potential for harm begins but if they are aware of proper use and safety then there's no problem.

I always told my kids that you never point a gun (I included toy guns with the exception of water pistols in this) at anyone or anything you did not fully intend to kill.  My oldest got a couple of ass whippings for pointing toy guns at me or the cats.  Today at 30 he is OCD about gun safety.  Mission accomplished!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 39 queries.