ThirdRailForum

• July 28, 2017, 04:57:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WTF has happened to the Hot Coals since we left?  (Read 2369 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
WTF has happened to the Hot Coals since we left?
« on: October 25, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »

Sadly, it has gone from being a serious forum for flame type discussions to become a dump for captioning C&P's and YouTubes as I feared it would.

:sad:

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Re: WTF has happened to the Hot Coals since we left?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 04:04:19 PM »

Obi asked me (jokingly, I hope) if I wanted to mod the Coals, but I won't even post there because every time I do, Caskur comes along with some stupid off-topic shit. It's a waste of time. That's why I'm here. The only way I'd mod is if I could have free reign to beer can the stupidity.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »

You'd have to start with beer canning Twap. As far as being able to write an original, topical thought about something, defend it, and critique the opinions of others, caskur > Twap and it's not even close.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:20:20 PM »

I'd like to start a discussion. Really I would. I just can't deal with Caskur on that board. I like Obi, and he can converse as well as or better than many of the people that post there. He puts the YouTubes in the Coals because that's the best place for those particular clips.

I don't want to start badmouthing people from other boards here. I'm just saying, it's better to debate here than to frustrate myself trying to get around some posters' bullshit there.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »

If you cant deal with caskur, why do you and so many others give her so much attention and directly feed into her posting more? I mean, people like flea show up just to post to her.

Just put her on ignore or dont say a word to her or about her and eventually she'll get tired of being ignored and go away. If someone REALLY wants to make a statement that someone else sucks and doesn't matter, that's what they would do.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 06:54:08 PM »

Perhaps I lack the self-control. But I'll give it a shot.

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 04:58:58 PM »

WTF has happened to the Hot Coals since we left?

A more appropriate question may be What has happened to the site? You once laughed at BH and pointed the finger at its list of posters on the first page, Bra1n. Sadly now anyone could do that to FC in any part of the forum and they would be right.

The whole site is infested with the likes of Pig. The Moderators are a joke and there is nothing there to spark any form of flame or debate worth pursuing.

I am sorry to say, FC I believe has run its course and Rude would be better off saying his money by closing the site down.

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 05:48:38 PM »

Unfortunately FC was hijacked by a few retarded trolls. Their sycophantic behaviors fostered an "unmoderatable" environment and as soon as care was taken in controlling undesirable behaviors; squeals of panel abuse were heard across the net and the peanut gallery joined in out of ignorance.

Now the forum is a hull of what it once was and you're right, the doors should probably be closed forever. Flaming as a sport has reached it's final chapter. There are only a few left who are creatively inclined, none of which want to deal with the insipidly incessant one liner repeat troll replies of the ignorant childish internet-stalkers that have taken root like the cancerous weeds that they are.     

Mrs C

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Mrs C seems dazed and confused most of the time.Mrs C seems dazed and confused most of the time.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - A reasonable answer to the Death Penalty
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 04:28:38 PM »

Flaming has always been spectacle.

It has always been a bunch of people saying look at me aint I pretty and a few others muttering 'I post for my amusement not that of others' as they slink off wishing they could wear the lycra leggings and feather boas of those who are known.

With that atmosphere it was always going to escalate into outrageous levels of quite personal abuse rather than fun flames...but it also saw the chops of Cassandra and the music of cunt and fantastically technical and creative work.

Instead of looking at the quality and nuances in posts like Cardies and SOG, the crowds were distracted by the shiny pretty pictures, the well produced songs and the tabloid like PI battles whether true or false. You watch it all come around again for a few times and then realise that it can actually be rather boring.

It has no base. Nobody is arguing, they are merely squealing a well worn mantra.

Hark at me...pontificating away.

I shall pop back to my corner and practice drooling now as some flamer calls me overly concerned and a bitter old bitch.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 04:34:43 PM »

It has no base. Nobody is arguing, they are merely squealing a well worn mantra.

quoted for truth.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 05:35:37 PM »

With that atmosphere it was always going to escalate into outrageous levels of quite personal abuse rather than fun flames...but it also saw the chops of Cassandra and the music of cunt and fantastically technical and creative work.

Character assignation, harassment and hatred has replaced flaming as a creative art form these days and for me, that is a big part of the turn-off. Instead of an intellectual battle of wits, people want to spew hate, harass others and attack forums and call that flaming, i.e., things any retard can do rather easily.

About the only one left at FC worth reading who can truly flame people with originality, creativity and consistency based on something someone posted and without injecting vile personal hatred is Cardy. There's a few others who come and go but that's really it.

I dont think any amount of over moderation can make things any better it or make it worth while when there just arent many talented people left and those who remain would rather call someone a pedophile and make chops about dead babies and sexually abusing a child than to dissect what the target is posting in a humorous, funny and entertaining manner. You would just have a handful of people left flaming each other about the same things as 4-5 years ago.

I believe that flame forums were a fad that never quite caught on and whose time has come and gone. Like other fads, maybe in a few years it will be new and somewhat popular again but for right now, the last thing I want to read on the internet is a flame match about some fuckwad talking about traffic or how flea takes it in the ass or about who should be a reg. God bless anyone who wants to read about those type of things but I'd rather focus on something a bit more intellectually challenging and stimulating. Anyone who wants to flame me in that context is more than welcomed to. 

And Contest, I agree with you for the most part though I still think that FC has more intelligent and witty  posters like murat, droll and soulcancer around who keep things from being a total wasteland than the flock of mindless teeny boppers that BH has. One look at that prodigiously asinine content and subject matter up and down the respective index pages would tell you that though youre right about FC catching up to them lately.

But then again, the format isnt particularly conducive to material that disinterested adults would find entertaining either, especially when youre dealing mostly with slackwits and talentless trolls. Not everyone can whip up a flame post comprised of a funny story that makes fun of people like Summer of George and Cardy which leaves everyone laughing after reading it instead of shaking their heads. Therein lies most of the problem.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 194
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 06:02:31 PM »

Thats the longtime problem of trying to socialise the mentally ill and cronicly stupid.

When f4$ was at its peak, and may be again, it was darwinian survival. Scrawni et al wouldn't have lasted and that goes tenfold for the whole of brawl hall.

Evil blood has been about the only person who can hop sites at will, myself also and brain as ambassodor none flaming persona.

And I am talking at its peak way be before the flame molls like vc and aw showed up, no disrespect meant, thats just the way it was, and should be.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 06:45:59 PM »

F4$ in it's heyday is how it should have been. Fag jokes aside, people actually flamed to outwit others and make others laugh and have a good time instead of to harass and take it to the point where portraying people as pedophiles and baby killers passes as legit flaming.

Comparing the two is like looking at the two opposite ends of a vertical line from the lowest which represents juvenile name calling like 'pig' and 'pedophile' to the highest where people like SoG and Buzzsaw actually engage their talent for creative writing to make fun of other people in a non-hateful, non-cookie cutter content way. The reason why it fails is because most people are closer to the lowest end of the line than the highest and once those at the top get tired of the same shit and leave, everything just crumbles and youre left with an all-star tardfest.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »

I disagree. When you encourage the participation of retards with zero ability, who are only capable of miserably inept replies to each and every single thread, just to keep up the "numbers"; you alienate the talent. There is no "challenge", therefore interest becomes zilch. It becomes easier to reply with childish taunts, instead of crafting anything of "substance", knowing you'll only receive something moronic and lackadaisical in response to your efforts.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 07:25:29 PM »

Retards were only trolled onto the the boards to replensh stocks after we wiped out the last lot, didn't take long for it to sink in barring the odd exception like ladr who fucked of to BH pretty quick and would poke his head round the door to get his face snapped of occaisionally.

You dont need any more than 10  goodregular posters and an ample supply of tards,  5 or 6 is still enough. if you stard giving awards to the terminally hopeless they wont go and start valuing their own uselessness higher than those with talent.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 07:28:13 PM »

I disagree. When you encourage the participation of retards with zero ability, who are only capable of miserably inept replies to each and every single thread, just to keep up the "numbers"; you alienate the talent. There is no "challenge", therefore interest becomes zilch. It becomes easier to reply with childish taunts, instead of crafting anything of "substance", knowing you'll only receive something moronic and lackadaisical in response to your efforts.

Your wrong, real talent isn't put of by tards, real talent removes tards. Didn't you see the tard thats bailing from my meltdown thread and i wasn't even trying to oust him.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 07:33:16 PM »

oh and wheres your moderator devious1 gone?

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 07:34:45 PM »

Your wrong, real talent isn't put of by tards, real talent removes tards. Didn't you see the tard thats bailing from my meltdown thread and i wasn't even trying to oust him.

There is a huge difference between an emo queen on a non-flame board getting all worked up over someone riding him like a pony and some douchebag who can't muster a decent combative reply and then resorts to repeating itself over and over and over until the thought of opening a thread containing one of that douchebags posts becomes relatively uninteresting and you and everybody else seeks an alternative venue to amuse themselves in.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 07:35:15 PM »

oh and wheres your moderator devious1 gone?

Why? you looking for a date?  :vc:

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Augustus
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 07:45:15 PM »

Every board of any considerable size is chalk full of retards. There's no way around that unless you make a membership subject to approval board or want to have barren flame board where "only the strong survive" with 4-5 people in it like the present f4$.

Back in 2002-03, there were about the same number of tards as there are now. Just pull up the old threads from any board and see for yourself. The difference from today is that the funny, flaming for fun people have mostly left and the nonfunny flaming to harass people have taken over. It wasnt the tards that started putting me off to flaming over a year ago, it was the content by both tards and non-tards alike plus the other shit like DOS and spam attacks that passes for talent at Bawk Mall.

Speaking of funny, flaming for fun people, whoever can get BailyHankins to sign up here will get their own custom posting group and title. I think he would dig some of the discussions in this place.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.807 seconds with 39 queries.