ThirdRailForum

• July 26, 2017, 02:43:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: W...the movie.  (Read 914 times)

plus minus reset

AngelicaTopic starter

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 66
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
W...the movie.
« on: October 28, 2008, 07:26:57 PM »

I know it is a bootleg..but it beats paying $10.00 a ticket!

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ZNQEXTK9

"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
Re: W...the movie.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 07:48:53 PM »

Ooooh! TY Angelica! I've been hearing and reading mixed reviews about this movie and have grown to despise sitting in theaters. People are just so fucking rude these days!

Have you watched this yet? If so, what did you think? I will try and get to it later and post my commentary here.

On an aside, if you should come across Bill Maher's "RELIGULOUS", I'm absolutely DYING to see it!!! 

Deviouz1

• Governor
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.Deviouz1 yearns for more subjective praise.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:04:59 AM »

On an aside, if you should come across Bill Maher's "RELIGULOUS", I'm absolutely DYING to see it!!! 

+1
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government.  This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose."
~Thomas Jefferson 1813

Johnny Storm

• Model Citizen, Zero Discipline!
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 253
  • Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Johnny Storm has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampWin vs feral, Breakfall100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is so gay..100+ Reply Thread - My thoughts on Jorge Zimmerman2008 Fantasy Football Champ
  • WOOO WOOO!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 06:04:12 AM »

I hear Maher gives a pass to Catholics and Jews.

You hate us because you ain't us, son!

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:35:56 AM »

I hear Maher gives a pass to Catholics and Jews.

a "pass"?? in what way?

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:32:59 AM »

I haven't seen "Religulous" yet, but I saw "W" the day it came out and I thought if was effing hysterical. A lot of people (mostly Neo Cons and Republicans) think it's caricature, and I did feel like they kind of rushed it to be out in time for the elections, but it was a very funny movie. And freaking Richard Dreyfus is Dick Cheney's Doppelganger. :confused:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

THE BRA1N

• Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 363
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Trolltunga
  • Awards: 200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 11:37:11 AM »

My impressions..

1. Great performance by the guy playing Bush; Now that's what I call acting (as opposed to Tom Cruise playing some faggot). The guy had me imagining that he was Bush all the way through which is what made the film so entertaining - it was very believable.

2. It's amazing how much the supporting cast looked like the real people they were playing. Everyone from Condi to Ari. They all looked and played the part.

3. Except for Laura... she was never that hot looking, was she???

4. I thought it was freaking hilarious how Bush was stuffing his maw with food in so many scenes like a slob and talking at the same time. It was like an inside running joke throughout the movie.

5. I've always wondered about that pretzel story and whether it's true or if it is a cover up for something else. Did he get plastered on booze during the game and pass out or did the goofball really almost choke on a pretzel?

6. If JEB would have been the one to run for President and won, we would have not have been in the fucking mess that we are in right now. JEB is exponentially more capable and competent than George. In fact, I remember my first reaction when I first heard that George was running - it was something like WHAT? The drunk Texas Ranger guy? Why isn't Jeb running? What a watershed decision for the history of our country and world that was.

7. Imagine if instead of every "god bless", he says "Allahu Akbar, may his peace and blessings be on you and the United States" and instead of bowing his head, closing his eyes, squinting and holding hands with others, he gets on his knees facing Mecca and starts bowing and chanting.

Everyone would think that we have some nutcase religious Ayatollah running the country. That's how silly all this Jesus /God bless gobbledegook seems to me. I don't care what supernatural mystical invisible entity anyone wants to believe in but it should have no place in government as the Framers wrote over 200 years ago.

8. +1 for the original post

Deuteronomy 13:6-16

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 07:19:55 PM »

Fool me once, shame on...fool me twice...we won't get fooled again... :rotf:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 01:06:49 AM »

Ok took me two days (last night and just now tonight) but I finally finished it here thanks for posting it!!

I thought it was super good! And Religulous - I got to see it for my birthday on the 4th, and it seriously is my new favorite movie. Was the first time I have seen an entire theater of adults of all different ages from younger early 20s to older late 60's ish clap at the end of a movie. I only wish more people who ARE religious would watch it and think about it. Awesome movie.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 04:18:24 AM »

Ugh! I still haven't been able to sit and watch it, now I'm dying to see it too!!

As far as Religulous goes: I strongly feel if religion were eliminated from society as a whole, even dare I say universally for that matter; the WORLD would be a better place and people would be allowed to blossom intellectually and emotionally. We need to move into the next century dammit... the future depends on it, for fucks sake! Religion is holding mankind back tremendously. 

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 07:56:11 AM »

I thought the  movie was great it showed what a complete boob the president is. I wonder thought why they didn't focus a little more on the election he stole, just one little sentence was made by George Bush Sr, "Well, we got Florida for you"
Greymure
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 1.942 seconds with 42 queries.