ThirdRailForum

• December 14, 2017, 09:35:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Final Presidential Debate  (Read 3655 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
The Final Presidential Debate
« on: October 14, 2008, 04:49:23 PM »

Isn't it tonight? I haven't seen anything to confirm it today. I might miss the pre-show hype and part of it live if it is tonight due to my schedule.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
Re: The Final Presidential Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »

It's tomorrow night. Not much hype surrounding it. I think it is safe to say it's a waste of time. I hope Schieffer will pull teeth to get more specifics and I'm really interested in seeing how and if McCains integrity will be called on as far as his campaigns direction and all the fear and hate it is stirring up.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The third and final presidential debate is shaping up to be a make-or-break appearance for both Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama, one of the last chances to get their message out to undecided voters.

The debate, taking place at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, begins at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday and will be aired live on CNN and CNN.com.

The 90-minute face-off will undoubtedly focus on the economic crisis plaguing the country.

And unlike at the other two debates, the candidates will sit at a table facing one another.

CBS News' Bob Schieffer, host of "Face the Nation," will moderate the debate and told The Associated Press on Sunday that he will be seeking more on what each will bring to the presidency.

"By now, we've all heard their talking points," he said. "We've heard the general outlines of what they are talking about. The time has come to be a little more specific."

Schieffer said he's not reluctant to get both candidates to stick to the question.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:56:56 PM »

Schieffer sounds like he's not going to take any shit like the others did. Let's hope that he can channel the spirit of Tim Russert.

BTW, wtf?? You actually capitalized words!
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:04:04 PM »

I saw him on Jon Stewart prior to the first debate. Out of all the moderators I think he is the most effervescent, lmao! I know that isn't saying much, but I think him having the last input will put more pressure on him with comparison to the abysmal outcome of the other two debates.

After watching parts of the first two on my DVR before deleting them, I noticed McCain pretty much does the same thing as Palin, in that he's just grabbing a keyword in the questioning and reciting the spin he has stored in his memory even if it is not totally relevant to the answer.

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • KingChile probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Projectile Vomit vs Caskur voting100+ Reply Thread - Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 12:12:35 PM »

If I were a US citizen, I'd vote Obama. McCain seems to be more interested in rocking the Obama boat than focusing on solutions. McCain's camp are bagging Obama and his past afilliations which is funny considering there is a member of McCain's team that once worked for Saddam Hussein. I don't know if Obama would make a good president...or McCain for that matter. They both appear to be your typical politician types who will do and say anything to get into office. The real test will be how the elected President performs on the job. As far as the debate goes, I think Obama will win.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »

They're having it at Hofstra University, which is about 20 minutes from me by car. I was seriously considering going to lurk in the parking lot and throw rotten veggies at McCain and his minions, but Manfriend said the bail would be too high and we'd have to skip the Sisters of Mercy at Webster Hall, so I decided to listen to it on the radio instead.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 07:46:39 PM »

I'm super psyched for the debate this evening. I know it will likely be a bust just like the last 2 (3 if you count Palins over glorified speech), but I'm dying to see if McCain "brings it" to Obama.

The pundit speculation has him damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I have very little respect for an old man who will publicly rally the ignorant with such desperate tactics and then turn and smile in another mans face and try to ignore his own contemptuous behavior he so boisterously displayed hours and days earlier.

I will likely remain here during the debate to add my insightful commentary, lol!

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 07:52:13 PM »

I have no respect for a man who says he wants a Constitutional amendment making all abortions illegal and, when asked if he realizes women will go to back alleys and likely die, says "Yes." Asshelmet.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »

There are just so many aspects of McCain's campaign that I can not connect with, that I find fault with, and that in general just disgust me. It's not only the issues he stands for or the pathetic tactics he's lowered his standards with, it's his whole demeanor.

When I listen and watch Obama and Biden, even though I do not necessarily agree with all of their idea's and POV's, I ALWAYS feel like they both have a greater understanding for the topics which they speak about. I don't ever get that impression from either McCain or Palin. Whenever I listen to them, I always feel as though they've been heavily briefed and tutored and still have no idea about the depths of which they speak of.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »

Did this asshole McCain just ask Obama to repudiate the comments of others who associated him with the bad guys AFTER his own fucking running mate associated Obama with a fucking TERRORIST and terrorist activities??!! After even his OWN WIFE riled up the masses with negativity and fear?!?

UNFUCKING-BELIEVABLE!

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2008, 09:44:46 PM »

Ugh! I can NOT believe these bastards dare to exploit a Down Syndrome child in the name of a presidential campaign!

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

OK..I'm a few minutes behind because I paused, but at this point I commend Bob's efforts! Best debate yet, GREAT questions! McCain is still focused on pointing out spuriously exaggerated opinions on Obama's past and policies and sniping him at every opportunity that he can. All he is doing aside from reverberating with negativity for Barry, is name dropping as usual and his gollum like stumping. He points out issues and says they need to be fixed, but doesn't offer any means of an explanation surrounding just how he will fix them.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2008, 10:39:46 PM »

Well, that's a wrap. Before I get filtered by the TV pundits let me say that I thought this was the best debate for Obama and the worst for McCain as far as appearances and presentation AND substance.

Obama seemed completely as ease and had no difficulty answering the questions whereas McCain seemed condescending and bitter throughout. His voice wavered the entire debate and he stumbled several times trying to get out his rehearsed lines. I kind of started feeling sorry for him. As for who looked more presidential, i'd say it wasnt even close - Obama.

As far as the substance, Omaba did his best yet of directly rebutting the negative attacks of McCain including the Ayers bit while being on the offensive himself. McCain just came across as either stupid or not paying attention a lot of the time when he kept repeating the same talking points that Obama just dispelled like case in point, saying that small business would have to pay a fine for not having insurance and then repeating it right after Obama said no, that he would exempt them from any fine.

Great job by the moderator too while remaining neutral. I wish this guy would have done the other debates.

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Projectile Vomit vs Caskur voting100+ Reply Thread - Flametown : past it's used by date?
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 10:52:01 PM »

Ah McCain,you've done it again!  :grin:

Boss

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2008, 11:00:58 PM »

This debate was just a final chance for McCain to make an idiot of himself, thinking he could make a comeback when the majority of unbiased polls show him eating Obama's dust.  Who does he think he is, Ronald Reagan?

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 11:08:17 PM »

Ah McCain,you've done it again!  :grin:

Leave it to my pal to sum it up nicely with a poignant picture! Ahahaha!! Great work!

I agree with both Boss and Brian. McCain, to me, just floundered. I mean really! He wants to employ the retired military to educate our youth?! Without any sort of formal education to back their qualification? What the FUCK was that all about? This man is living in the past clearly. He should concede now!  :lmao:

I just heard McCain even botched Joe the Plumbers last name, hehehehe!

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 11:18:44 PM »

Oh, about this Joe the Plummer and Joe Six Pack concerted nonsense that the McCain campaign keeps clinging to in the debates...

The fact that they think they can use someone like "Joe the Plummer" to convince people that they are for the every day working person as though they are directly talking to them which of course represents most voters is I think so 1960s antiquated, and so insulting to the intelligence of the audience that it shows just how out of touch they are with people and how form and appearances always takes precedence over substance with them.

I dont know how many times he mentioned Joe the Plummer but if you want to see why he comes across as the proverbial disingenuous politician who will say and do anything to get elected, including saying he opposes his own immigration bill which he drafted and tried to get passed, voting for passage of Wallsteet bill and then later the same night saying that the President should veto it because of the pork it contained (also knowing there wasnt a chance in hell that would happen) and attacking Obama for running ads that are negative on McCains's insurance, economic and health policies only to turn around and link him to a 1970's terrorist that has no relevance to being president, look no further than Joe the Plummer. What a disgrace this once fine man has turned into.

princess of pt

• Senatore
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 11:37:14 PM »

What I truly find insulting and vile on so many different levels, is the fact that both McCain and Palin have made the conscious decision to drag in the fact that Palin has a special needs offspring.
As if in some way, much like her governorship, the 5 or 6 months she has raised this child, some how qualifies her and the McCain ticket to speak about how imperative it is to address these children.

I take issue with that low road for so many reasons. For starters, just because it is an issue Palin directly deals with on a day to day basis, now it becomes a platform that should be integrated into the campaign? If the child had a cleft palate, how would that have been twisted to accommodate their agenda? PATHETIC.

Secondly, as I mentioned, she has not even raised this child for an entire year, she has absolutely no idea what the real hurdles or expenses will be. The simple fact that McCain continues to address autistic children in the same breath as Palin's Down's child, is just god damned ridiculous and indicative of his knowledge surrounding a syndrome that is genetically afflicted verses an intellectual condition that has yet to be determined what even causes it!

I've advocated for special needs children on an educational level. They absolutely require additional programs and staff to assist their successful integration into public schools. This is a platform that was absorbed as a matter of convenience and devised as a desperate last ditch effort to appeal to the parents of children who struggle daily with the bureaucratic system of education that needs serious reform and financing on both a state and a federal governmental plain.

KingChile

• Yellowbeard
  • Quaestor
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 11:47:17 PM »

For me this was not even close. Everything about Mc Cain comes across to me as plain wrong. I feel sorry for the voters who may be considering voting his way. I hope it's a landslide. I wouldnt want a clueless old fossil like him leading your country...he's a tool.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 11:48:26 PM »

What I truly find insulting and vile on so many different levels, is the fact that both McCain and Palin have made the conscious decision to drag in the fact that Palin has a special needs offspring.
As if in some way, much like her governorship, the 5 or 6 months she has raised this child, some how qualifies her and the McCain ticket to speak about how imperative it is to address these children.

I take issue with that low road for so many reasons. For starters, just because it is an issue Palin directly deals with on a day to day basis, now it becomes a platform that should be integrated into the campaign? If the child had a cleft palate, how would that have been twisted to accommodate their agenda? PATHETIC.

Right! Once again it's form over substance in trying to pull the wool over the American people but it only works with the narrow minded conservatives who are by nature for preserving the staus quo and would be inclined to vote for him anyways.

I thought Obama crushed him debate wise when after McCain gave his feel good speech about doing more to help special needs children and how Palin is imminently qualified to handle those issues, Obama made the point that under the spending freeze that McCain just announce he would make, he wouldnt be able to spend the money and do all the things he just talked about. Not a penny more of spending under a freeze!

That's really like a check mate. Either McCain has to concede that the spending freeze was a bad idea after all as Obama said earlier, or he has to admit that he will not be able to do shit for autistic children like he talked about other than to give them lip service during his presidential bid.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.484 seconds with 37 queries.