• October 17, 2018, 02:18:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY TRF!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey  (Read 5498 times)

plus minus reset

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 327
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 100 Replies - cas vs kur100 Replies - Attn caskurt500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:56:49 PM »

... premiers tonight in the USA simultaneously on 10 networks including most of the Fox stations and the National Geographic networks. This is like the Super Bowl for Science geeks like me. Even Obama got on board this week and supposedly recorded an introduction for it, maybe just to fuck with the Fox people. It's hosted by the great Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson whom I've been posting about for years here.

Anyway, it's suppose to be shown in 180 countries so if you have any interest in Science, the wonders of creation, human evolution and the universe, catch it and learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r-IJLxGsGc#ws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6cC-MRQpbU#ws

The original Cosmos with Carl Sagan, Episode 1:

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Vixen

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Vixen embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Flea says she earns $175k100 Replies - Flea says she earns $175kWin vs Team Scoundrel200 Reply Thread - Anyone care that it was100 Reply Thread - Anyone care that it was100 Reply Thread - Flame Town dead?100 Reply Thread - Missing Malaysian airline100+ Reply Thread - Are we atheists?
Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 06:09:47 PM »

If I need to sleep early I'll definately give that documentary a chance.
Good find.
(European Commission president Jean Claude Juncker warned Britain not to expect an 'amicable divorce,' adding: 'It was not exactly a tight love affair anyway.')

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - cas vs kur100 Replies - Attn caskurt500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
Re: Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 06:27:54 PM »

If I need to sleep early I'll definately give that documentary a chance.
Good find.

I seem to be pretty good in helping you go to sleep. Personally, I think that you're a narcoleptic.

• Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - This is Yuo 2100 Replies - Once upon a time in MikeTXs bunghole200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:22:49 PM »

I seem to be pretty good in helping you go to sleep. Personally, I think that you're a narcoleptic.

I think the word you are looking for is stupid. I went to one of those physics lectures last teusday evening, it was about the search for black holes, or how hard they are to find as they eat everything. the best they can come up with is super giant blackholes that vent shit loads of plasma, or looking for the Black holes tropospere(I think?) or event horizon.

Good stuff, never heard of this show though.

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:50:19 PM »

Well if Obama is involved in it then it has to be nothing more than global warming propaganda.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »

Here's the air schedule for various countries which visit this forum.

Country           Date      Channel
United States    March 9th, 9PM ET    Fox, National Geographic Channel, FX, FXX, FXM, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo and Fox Life
Canada    March 9th, 9PM ET    Global TV, Fox, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild
United KingdomMarch 16th, 7PM GMT Fox, Sky 1, Nat Geo and Nat Geo Wild
Australia    March 16th, 7:30PM EST Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo People, FX, FX2
Germany    March 10th, 8:15PM AEDTFox, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Fox Channel
Sweden    March 16th, 10PM CET Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, FX
Netherlands March 16th, 10PM CETNat Geo, Nat Geo Wild
France    March 16th, 8:40PM CETNat Geo, Nat Geo Wild
Brazil    March 13th, 10:30PM BRTNat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Fox
Mexico    March 11th, 10PM CST Nat Geo
Hong KongMarch 15th, 10PM HKT Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo People

Hulu (USA only): http://www.hulu.com/watch/604551

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
  • Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 02:00:35 AM »

Right, and I suppose next a bunch of Liberal scammer doofs will host an all night pajama party in the senate to raise awareness for global warming, I mean climate change.

I keep forgetting the changed the name of the scam to "climate change" to include cold weather too.

cw

• > you
  • Legatus
  • cw embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Match the member to the smiley100 Replies - Match the member to the smiley500 Replies - This is yuo300 Replies - This is yuo300 Replies - Freuds Dick200 Replies - Freuds Dick100 Replies - Freuds Dick200 Replies - This is yuo100 Replies - This is yuo
    • Flame Truth
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 11:37:56 PM »

The last 14 seconds on the cosmic calendar was very pointed.   Man, you guys are so fucking small.  Really small.
Really fucking small. 

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2014, 12:28:12 AM »

Cosmos, edited for rednecks (and Fox News viewers)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9ImScQGAo#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmdGFWS0m54#ws

Deleted video from post #1..

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2014, 02:41:43 AM »

I believe that this is some sort of mini-series unless I'm mistaken.

If that's true though I guarantee they will get into global warming before it ends.

Then I will tell you "I told you so" just like Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin say to the creampuff fantasy land President we have when they both predicted Putin would be causing trouble. And you of course will find some excuse to enable you to deny it.

And if the President would have been listening to Conservatives or watching Fox News instead of constantly whining about how they won't promote his propaganda like all of the other networks do then he wouldn't be so surprised by what Putin is doing.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 03:14:52 AM »

Episode 2: "Some of the Things That Molecules Do"

''Evolution is a fact."
-Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
  • caskur embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Most Annoying Female Poster100 Replies - Most Annoying Female Poster200 Replies - Is Bra1n a Poofter?Win vs BlandscapeTRF Flame ChampionWon - Title Event 2018100 Replies - Is Bra1n a Poofter?100 Replies - Bra1n200 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen100 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen500 Replies - Old Poo300 Replies - Old Poo200 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Remembering AW aka Lisa - Bra1n100 Reply - Citizen E100 Reply Thread - Mr Pickles Hawaiian Budget VacationTRF ChampionWin vs Pickles 200 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - Darling Sweet Gorgeous Sexy Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Sinister100 Reply Thread - Should caskur Leave TRF 4 Good?100 Reply Thread - Sum Cun'T's Never Change 100 Reply Thread - Bra1n's Bottom Teeth Challenge100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead Up to Old Tricks100 Reply Thread - Open Call Out100 Reply Thread - Dear USA100 Reply Thread - Rose West200 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - TTR Nail Challenge100 Reply Thread - Missing NSFW100 Reply Thread - The Prowler vs Vodafone..3rd Rail Weight Watchers Award200 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Where is Brain? 300 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts200 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Cyclone Ita 100 Reply Thread - Callout NSFW100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100+ Reply Thread - I Felt Lucky100+ Reply Thread - JFK The Lost Bullet100+ Reply Thread - Lightning - Addicted to..100+ Reply Thread - Lamenting V-Agent100+ Reply Thread -State Government to save $51m...200+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - caskur ~v~ V-Agent200+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Nigger in New Zealand
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 03:19:12 AM »

How did the imagination evolve?

- caskur c. 2004

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • NSFW embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Fan of: telling it like it is
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - A question for anyone..200 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100+ Reply Thread - A question for anyone..
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 03:44:57 AM »

- caskur c. 2004
In your case... "badly". :snick:

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 04:22:03 AM »

- caskur c. 2004

When we speak of evolution in scientific terms, we are referring to biological organisms and other organic structures with dna or rna such as viruses. "Imagination" is not such an organism. You're thinking more along the lines of John Lennon.

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Most Annoying Female Poster100 Replies - Most Annoying Female Poster200 Replies - Is Bra1n a Poofter?Win vs BlandscapeTRF Flame ChampionWon - Title Event 2018100 Replies - Is Bra1n a Poofter?100 Replies - Bra1n200 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen100 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen500 Replies - Old Poo300 Replies - Old Poo200 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Remembering AW aka Lisa - Bra1n100 Reply - Citizen E100 Reply Thread - Mr Pickles Hawaiian Budget VacationTRF ChampionWin vs Pickles 200 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - Darling Sweet Gorgeous Sexy Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Sinister100 Reply Thread - Should caskur Leave TRF 4 Good?100 Reply Thread - Sum Cun'T's Never Change 100 Reply Thread - Bra1n's Bottom Teeth Challenge100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead Up to Old Tricks100 Reply Thread - Open Call Out100 Reply Thread - Dear USA100 Reply Thread - Rose West200 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - TTR Nail Challenge100 Reply Thread - Missing NSFW100 Reply Thread - The Prowler vs Vodafone..3rd Rail Weight Watchers Award200 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Where is Brain? 300 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts200 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Cyclone Ita 100 Reply Thread - Callout NSFW100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100+ Reply Thread - I Felt Lucky100+ Reply Thread - JFK The Lost Bullet100+ Reply Thread - Lightning - Addicted to..100+ Reply Thread - Lamenting V-Agent100+ Reply Thread -State Government to save $51m...200+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - caskur ~v~ V-Agent200+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Nigger in New Zealand
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 05:09:51 AM »

When we speak of evolution in scientific terms, we are referring to biological organisms and other organic structures with dna or rna such as viruses. "Imagination" is not such an organism. You're thinking more along the lines of John Lennon.

So you're saying the human imagination came from no where then... is that what you're saying?

:lmao:

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 07:18:48 AM »

All that dang ol' science and them dang ol' hillbilly scientists still don't know what gives all them dang ol' elements life.

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 07:38:18 AM »

All that dang ol' science and them dang ol' hillbilly scientists still don't know what gives all them dang ol' elements life.

They'll just have to use their "imaginations" won't they?

:lmao:

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 07:45:05 AM »

Haha yes.

Unfortunately though their imaginations aren't big enough for them to realize they haven't figured much of anything out yet.

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 11:32:47 AM »

Haha yes.

Unfortunately though their imaginations aren't big enough for them to realize they haven't figured much of anything out yet.

It's just gobsmacking how they can show us pictures of planets 1,000 of light years away but can't find a black box on our very own planet with the satellites just 500 miles above our heads... It's all just bloody amazing. Our scientists definitely know what they're talking about, eh? I wished I was as learned as those dudes.

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »

Not really much genius behind seeing stuff 1000 light years away, it's just takes some bent glass.

And if you don't have any bent glass you can still see some of it just by looking up.

The problem arises when them dang ol' hillbilly scientists get 'em a big ol' piece of bent glass and then think they've got it all figured out like some kind of dang ol' monkey with a shiny spoon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.482 seconds with 39 queries.