ThirdRailForum

• June 23, 2018, 11:40:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey  (Read 5420 times)

plus minus reset

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • NSFW embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Fan of: telling it like it is
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - A question for anyone..200 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100+ Reply Thread - A question for anyone..
  • vroom vroom
Re: Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2014, 09:58:30 AM »

Yeah yeah, hold your horses and your propaganda you overeager wanker! :lol:

No, more like YOU are basing your premise on faulty knowledge and clearly wrong. The shortwave photon energy from the Sun entering the atmosphere is not "heat" until it is absorbed and converted to heat energy by something. Analogous to a cold plate of food in a microwave oven absorbing high energy microwaves. The microwaves are not "hot"; they create heat when they hit the food and cause the molecules to vibrate and rotate. Same with the Sun's visible light. About 1/3 of the Sun's photons are absorbed by the atmosphere and the rest is absorbed by the surface, which then radiates infrared heat back out.

I take it that you have never been in a place with lots of windows facing the Sun or inside a car with the windows rolled up on a hot day. In planets with atmospheres, greenhouse gasses let the visible light through and trap the heated infrared radiation e.g., Venus.

But you don't need me to tell you how hilariously wrong you are or that the greenhouse effect is a fundamental principle of 7th grade physical science which you can easily demonstrate by inserting thermometers into two sealed glass containers, filling one of them with co2 and leaving them in the Sun. You can read about it over and over and try to figure it out for yourself on any number of educational sites -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect

Pretty pictures, and a few from Wikipedia no less. Great arbiters of information they are, 100% unbiased and beyond repute... which is why so many Universities the world over forbid referencing them in papers. Still, the pictures are pretty... too bad they don't actually reflect what is going on though.

Graph plots of what the IPCC said was going to happen along with NASA and NOAA satellite data of what actually did happen. The paper the above image was sourced from had the following to say in conclusion:

Following a gradual rise of about 0.2 degrees from 1990 to 2000,  global temperatures have stopped increasing and  have actually fallen slightly. The only IPCC prediction which remains consistent with the current data is the lower prediction of a 0.7 degree rise from 1990 to 2030. The “Best” IPCC estimate and the higher 1.5 degree rise are ruled out by the data.

CO2 levels in the atmosphere have continued to rise over the last 10 years (see overlay to temperature comparison below in Figure 3) but temperatures have not risen since 2000. This implies that  CO2 is not the main driver of global temperatures on these time periods and that other natural mechanisms are at least as  important.  No evidence of any  positive temperature feedback  with increasing CO2  levels is found.

http://clivebest.com/blog/?p=2208

In short, carbon has kept increasing, but the temperatures have actually dropped. Carbon clearly hasn't had the effect it was predicted to by the IPCC. Well that makes sense, carbon as a greenhouse gas pales into comparison against the biggest culprit; water vapour. Water does after all cover 70% of the planet's surface and (heres the kicker) its going to continue to play the lions share in moderating our climate no matter how many times your moped backfires on the way to the office. Sun strikes that 70% water coverage, the water heats up, forms clouds overhead, reflects large quantities of the incoming photons back into space as it dissipates its own heat, condenses back into water droplets as it cools and falls as rain. If the ground is warmer than the rain, the rain heats back into water vapour, rising back up to dissipate more heat as it condenses again.

I take it that you have never been in a place with lots of windows facing the Sun or inside a car with the windows rolled up on a hot day. In planets with atmospheres, greenhouse gasses let the visible light through and trap the heated infrared radiation.

Take it any way you like; bend over and take it sideways up your shitter for all I care. WATER VAPOUR isn't stopped by your evil monster carbon or the satellite data would be confirming the bogeyman the IPCC models assured us of. Obviously someone got their sums wrong which pretty much makes your elementary school slide show above incomplete.

Check it out for yourself - stand out in the middle of Death Valley on a cloudless night in a Bermuda shirt and flip flops and tell me how fucking cold you get. Fly up to Alaska in the dead of winter and do direct comparisons with the difference between cloud cover and clear skies do to the ambient temperature on a winter night. Don't hand me crap about rolling up car windows. What are you, stupid? Since when was a few parts per million of carbon the equivalent of a car window anyway? It doesn't even match up to the difference a cloud makes on a balmy spring day. Get out and try it sometime you goose! :lol:

I realise it busts your buns no end to be faced with someone who actually knows something and has no problem with rubbing your nose in it no matter how aggressively you defend your own dogma. Face it, all the raw data in the world has for the last twenty years been as stubborn in not adhering to the IPCC and its alarmist views, even the the stuff that was gathered incorrectly fails to confirm your froth. Unlike you, I have actually gone digging for all sides of the equation and have determined after much reading that you have more to fear from the 400 year sunspot activity minimum we are staring down the barrel of than all the cow farts and angry expostulations of amateur doomsayers like you. Sit the fuck down, you're embarrassing yourself! :slap:

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
  • caskur embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampionWon - Title Event 2018100 Replies - Is Bra1n a Poofter?100 Replies - Bra1n200 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen100 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen500 Replies - Old Poo300 Replies - Old Poo200 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Remembering AW aka Lisa - Bra1n100 Reply - Citizen E100 Reply Thread - Mr Pickles Hawaiian Budget VacationTRF ChampionWin vs Pickles 200 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - Darling Sweet Gorgeous Sexy Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Sinister100 Reply Thread - Should caskur Leave TRF 4 Good?100 Reply Thread - Sum Cun'T's Never Change 100 Reply Thread - Bra1n's Bottom Teeth Challenge100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead Up to Old Tricks100 Reply Thread - Open Call Out100 Reply Thread - Dear USA100 Reply Thread - Rose West200 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - TTR Nail Challenge100 Reply Thread - Missing NSFW100 Reply Thread - The Prowler vs Vodafone..3rd Rail Weight Watchers Award200 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Where is Brain? 300 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts200 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Cyclone Ita 100 Reply Thread - Callout NSFW100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100+ Reply Thread - I Felt Lucky100+ Reply Thread - JFK The Lost Bullet100+ Reply Thread - Lightning - Addicted to..100+ Reply Thread - Lamenting V-Agent100+ Reply Thread -State Government to save $51m...200+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - caskur ~v~ V-Agent200+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Nigger in New Zealand
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2014, 10:05:07 AM »

It's funny watching Bra1n change in and out of his alters!

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
  • Awards: TRF Flame ChampionWon - Title Event 2018100 Replies - Is Bra1n a Poofter?100 Replies - Bra1n200 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen100 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen500 Replies - Old Poo300 Replies - Old Poo200 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Remembering AW aka Lisa - Bra1n100 Reply - Citizen E100 Reply Thread - Mr Pickles Hawaiian Budget VacationTRF ChampionWin vs Pickles 200 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - Darling Sweet Gorgeous Sexy Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Sinister100 Reply Thread - Should caskur Leave TRF 4 Good?100 Reply Thread - Sum Cun'T's Never Change 100 Reply Thread - Bra1n's Bottom Teeth Challenge100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead Up to Old Tricks100 Reply Thread - Open Call Out100 Reply Thread - Dear USA100 Reply Thread - Rose West200 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - TTR Nail Challenge100 Reply Thread - Missing NSFW100 Reply Thread - The Prowler vs Vodafone..3rd Rail Weight Watchers Award200 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Where is Brain? 300 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts200 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Cyclone Ita 100 Reply Thread - Callout NSFW100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100+ Reply Thread - I Felt Lucky100+ Reply Thread - JFK The Lost Bullet100+ Reply Thread - Lightning - Addicted to..100+ Reply Thread - Lamenting V-Agent100+ Reply Thread -State Government to save $51m...200+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - caskur ~v~ V-Agent200+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Nigger in New Zealand
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2014, 12:06:14 PM »

According to NSFW, this can't be possible.

I do not know what level Carbon dioxide are in the atmosphere right this very second but I have heard it said on various Global warming programs it's now at .5 or less % extra.... Not enough to panic about.... or even make the planet hotter

Her experiment is faulty in away because she did not say how much extra Carbon dioxide she was adding to the bottle... just that she was.

If she did put the .5% extra carbon dioxide in the bottle as it's claimed the earth has now .5% extra Carbon Dioxide, her temp would not have gone as high as the 5 degree increase it showed.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - A question for anyone..200 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100+ Reply Thread - A question for anyone..
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »

Finally bothered to watch your vids Bra1n. I hate to do this to you, but...

According to NSFW, this can't be possible.

Incorrect.

In a fixed volume area, sure its possible. Any first year chemistry student knows that. Earth's atmosphere is not a fixed volume however, the experiment in two fixed volume areas is therefore not an accurate model of the Earth's atmosphere.

Gas laws. Read up, try again.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 311
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2014, 05:47:31 PM »

Listen chump, Im not going waste my time arguing about climate change with a tard on the internet who doesn't even know what the greenhouse effect is and who maintains that "temperatures have actually dropped" on the heels of the warmest decade ever recorded. I am simply correcting another one of your baseless, asinine assertions and supplementing my posts with relevant links, video and graphs so that other readers with curiosity who may not understand all this can plainly see that you don't know what you are talking about and learn about it.

In particular, I addressed your assertion about the "basic flaw" involving greenhouse gasses not inhibiting the energy flow in both directions.

Not smart enough to explain away the single most basic flaw in their theory. If greenhouse gasses are inhibiting the energy flow in one direction, how come these same gasses aren't inhibit the flow of energy in the other?

A hallmark assertion that someone who doesn't understand what the greenhouse effect is - would make and that's okay, I'm sure you're not the only one reading these posts who is lacking in knowledge and understanding of science. Climate change denial is overwhelmingly based upon those who fail to grasp basic science concepts such as this and concepts such as the differences between (e.g., reply #73). That's why I bothered to correct you and expound on it. Everything I posted was directed at showing why you are patently wrong. Not to debate you about anything having to do with the IIPC or Death Valley or defending my dogma or any of the other bullshit you are using to deflect from my post. Just the simple, irrefutable science of how light energy is converted to heat energy, aka, the greenhouse effect.

What you should have said if you had any wit about you was something along the lines of - oi now I understand how the unheated light energy from the Sun is able to penetrate the atmosphere and is converted to infrared heat energy along the planet's atmosphere and surface, which is then absorbed by co2 and other greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere and thus trapped. Thanks for clearing that up, Bra1n.

Now, if you STILL want to maintain that the greenhouse effect "theory" (lol) is flawed because it doesn't explain how "heat" from the Sun is allowed in (lol x2) but not out, even after I explained it in simple terms supplemented by graphics that even a junior high tard can understand and also with links to more scholarly, technical explanations, in addition to video experiments demonstrating what you maintain can't happen (i.e., visible light flowing into a clear container of co2, heating it up and said heat not escaping like the other container which doesn't have (as much) co2), then you are in the same boat as caskur, my man. If there is one thing that I have learned in dealing with caskur - it is that there's no point in arguing with or trying to explain something to a brick.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »

I'm amazed neither of you two geniuses is currently lobbying congress with your opposite views. Surely that would be a better receptacle for such scholarly research?

Oh and Bra1n. When you receive the inevitable PM's regarding my dismemberment of Flea, just remember it was you who removed the Y chromasome from NS causing the flying fairy to post his lack of spine in 'Flame'.
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2014, 10:11:53 PM »

If those illustrations are correct it proves my theory that the attic space in a greenhouse maintains a constant temperature of about -50 degrees Fahrenheit.

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
  • Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2014, 10:14:33 PM »

And lookup the bullshit effect while your at it schoolboy.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2014, 10:50:54 PM »

Listen chump, Im not going waste my time arguing about climate change with a tard on the internet who doesn't even know what the greenhouse effect is and who maintains that "temperatures have actually dropped"
Or with me either, even when the actual figures are dumped in your lap and your cheesy video "evidence is revealed to be a pile of steaming horseshit. You want to market yourself as being clued in to the while climate change thing, yet you'll post up videos like ones you posted earlier, then go full metal retard when I tell you why they don't apply? Claiming I don't have willingness to "learn from it" when in actual fact I've visited your closed system arguments... LONG ago... and gone beyond them.

Did you even take a science class at school? Iam guessing not, or once you had wasted all our time with those videos my prompts for you to consider the gas laws I even bothered to link your ignorant ass to would have been recognised in your reply and likely have moderated your witch burning response. Clearly it has not, but for someone who baulks at debating the IIPC (sic) they obviously represent the "inconvenient truth" that there are quantifiable and immutable laws that govern the behaviour of gasses in fixed volume systems (like plastic bottles) and fixed pressure systems (like the Earth's atmosphere) which do NOT lend any weight to your arguments and in fact work against them .

Same with the raw satellite data dispelling the myth that carbon has the effect you are championing it to have. If carbon was such the prime mover in temperature increase we would see a direct correlation and the IPCC's medians and upper limit predictions would be seen as the pile of bunk they are. "Following a gradual rise of about 0.2 degrees from 1990 to 2000,  global temperatures have stopped increasing and  have actually fallen slightly. The only IPCC prediction which remains consistent with the current data is the lower prediction of a 0.7 degree rise from 1990 to 2030. The “Best” IPCC estimate and the higher 1.5 degree rise are ruled out by the data." Yet the carbon in our atmosphere has been increasing all this time. Not something you care to hear I know because it means that you and your cherished snake oil salesmen were WRONG... as wrong in fact as when you BLATANTLY LIE by casting me as a "climate change denier" in spite of my flat statement earlier how climate change has been going on ever since this planet first formed an atmosphere.

You won't argue the toss on it because you want desperately to believe climate change is mankind's doing. Blocking your ears and repeating your dogma when the actual science is stuffed sideways down your craw is the only out you have besides accusing people of what they are not and crediting them with beliefs they don't have and even expressed the opposite of. You cannot be told, you don't WANT to be told, you would rather cling to your superstitions of mankind steering itself towards Armageddon in much the same way as fundamentalist nutjobs like Booji Boy do. Actually mankind is fucking things up, just not quite in the way you doggedly insist they are. But if allowing you your fairy stories of man-generated pollutants cooking the planet from the inside out is the cost of cleaning up out air and waterways then please, be my guest. Get all of your flat earther friends together, chant it is so because popular opinion says its so and keep on creating fantastical scenarios to explain away any heresies science presents you with or better yet just ignore them entirely. After all, such behaviour has served the Catholic Church for 2000 years.

I'm sure you're not the only one reading these posts who is lacking in knowledge and understanding of science...
Iam talking to one. He's you. Its too bad you're incapable of opening your mind to the little I have learned as its clearly far superior to the half baked and undifferentiated crap you're attempting to pass off as science. "Lawdee lawdee Masser NSFW, de sun done shone its way through de clouds and warmded up mah polk salad and  de wasser and now de carbons done gone stopped all de cool from hebbin!" Get a fuckin grip on yourself man! :lol:

What you should have said if you had any wit about you was something along the lines of - oi now I understand how the unheated light energy from the Sun is able to penetrate the atmosphere and is converted to infrared heat energy along the planet's atmosphere and surface, which is then absorbed by co2 and other greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere and thus trapped. Thanks for clearing that up, Bra1n.
Why's that? Because you want me to say it? It certainly couldn't possibly be because science proved it because science proves otherwise. You don't seriously expect me to believe these gasses take on all this energy and never release any of it or otherwise how do you explain how rain occurs? Gods Will? Some other kind of Strange Magic? Oogah boogah!!!

Now, if you STILL want to maintain that the greenhouse effect "theory" (lol) is flawed because it doesn't explain how "heat" from the Sun is allowed in (lol x2) but not out, even after I explained it in simple terms supplemented by graphics that even a junior high tard can understand...
You moron, it was precisely the fact I was describing it in terms even a junior high tard could understand that has you capering about now, but I was trying to save everyone the embarrassment of another 10 post scrollbomb detailing at great length concepts such as energy transference and conservation of energy, solar cycles, the Van Allen belt, ice core sample findings and so forth. If you really want to go there then by all means do and I'll set aside the 24 hours or so to utterly bury you just as I did in the Ukraine thread. Don't forget to bring your best videos of what you stubbornly pretend I've claimed can't happen (in spite of me telling you twice now that it can) and I'll waste a post or three on that alone showing you mathematically and with plenty of references to back it up how it happens and why it doesn't apply to ANY planet's climate model. I'll even throw in a few items your poor mans encyclopedia Wikipedia while Iam at it if you like. :lol:

and also with links to more scholarly, technical explanations, in addition to video experiments demonstrating what you maintain can't happen (i.e., visible light flowing into a clear container of co2, heating it up and said heat not escaping like the other container which doesn't have (as much) co2), then you are in the same boat as caskur, my man. If there is one thing that I have learned in dealing with caskur - it is that there's no point in arguing with or trying to explain something to a brick.
Funny, because that's pretty much what I've thought of you and your arrogance in this and other matters. I can extend you the benefit of the doubt on a good many things, but those are thin on the ground when it comes to this. Your precious video fails to account for the fact that when energy is added to a gas, its looks to expand. If there is no room for it to expand into, pressure builds up. To establish equilibrim it releases that pressure energy as radiant heat. Earth is not, nor apparently ever will be floating in a bottle and you ought to know this by simple deduction from the fact the moon rockets didn't go "bonk" on a polyethylene terephthalate ceiling on their way up into the Great Black Yonder. Push me on this point, do. If my year 10 chemistry teacher couldn't keep up, I don't expect some know-it-all lawyer turned forum owner to. :rotf:

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2014, 11:20:04 PM »

I have a link to a chart that will settle this matter once and for all.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2014, 11:25:49 PM »

I have a link to a chart that will settle this matter once and for all.
Its not the one about competing in the Special Ed Olympics is it?

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2014, 01:07:39 AM »

Well this brick has lived through 4 x 117 F temperatures in half a century... have you?

The earth cannot adjust itself to the new conditions while it continues to deforest by man's vandalism.

Arguing about whether the earth is getting hotter is the same fucking argument, as "did man evolve or was he created by God?" two subjects that continually go around and around in circles.

The earth is suffering the effects of man in many ways and those "ways" should be addressed directly.

I don't see the world getting hotter/warmer however I see animals becoming extinct at an alarming rate, I see money wasted in governments misusing it, I see a lack of love between earthlings and many more serious issues that need addressing.

We were conned over the energy problems where I live in my opinion.

We were told we were going to save money if we do this or that... and now for a place (Western Australia) that once bragged it had the cheapest electricity on the entire planet now has THE most expensive electricity on the planet!  :sigh:

You know... I haven't checked into the electricity bill yet but if we were on a pension... there is no way we could afford the $600 to pay our last bill. The only way you could do it is make weekly instalments.

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2014, 04:16:00 AM »

Global warming is a fraud that can only be perpetuated on city folks.

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2014, 04:29:48 AM »

Brian likes to get his science from picture books so I thought I'd post this pic of a moon landing set from a movie called "Destination Moon" from 1950.

Now, if you look at just the lighting it looks exactly like the moon set from the so called "real" moon landings from NASA.

What do you think the odds are that a movie from 1950 made such an accurate moon set 19 years before anybody had ever been to the moon?

Did you really think that Barrack Obama was the first hoax the Government ever played on the world.

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2014, 04:54:28 AM »

I actually can't see your image. I get a tiny box with a cross in it.

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2014, 05:20:10 AM »

It's just an image that proves once and for all that Brian doesn't know what he's talking about.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2014, 05:46:20 AM »

What do you think the odds are that a movie from 1950 made such an accurate moon set 19 years before anybody had ever been to the moon?
About the same as the odds of Stanley Kubrick guessing the design of the B-52 cockpits for Dr Strangelove so closely that he had the US defence department biting their knuckles wondering how he did it.

caskur

• Chop Champ
  • TRF's Flame Champion
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2014, 07:15:12 AM »

It's just an image that proves once and for all that Brian doesn't know what he's talking about.

One of my art study subjects was print making. At the end of the night the lecturer used to make us clean up after ourselves, ( a good practice too) anyway I had all this excess paint on my lightly pitted roller so I got some scrap paper to roll off the excess paint. The colours on the rollers were light rusty colours and I look at it and thought it looked just like a planet surface... that was in 1993... over a decade later I was on the net in msn groups and of course news about the latest stuff NASA was doing revolved around Mars and some pictures were put up by a poster. I laughed. I cracked a joke I had the exact same image in my art folio, (I kept the print)... well the msn vultures descended on me naturally.... but there has not been a single picture they have ever put up that I haven't seen before in art studies.

Life imitates art they say - I agree!

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »

The moon landing is actually a sellable hoax, but when you have people telling you we have to change the weather or we're all going to die there's just no excuse for the kind of ignorance it takes to believe that.

Wake up Liberals.

poituelvito

• Foreigner
  • poituelvito probably just rolled in here.
  • Fan of: topic
Cosmos A Space Time Odyssey
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2017, 08:38:48 AM »

This is actually amazing, I never new that planets could be just floating off in space. Also I love the color of the planet, it looks like a giant ocean.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.988 seconds with 37 queries.