ThirdRailForum

• January 16, 2018, 10:10:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey  (Read 5243 times)

plus minus reset

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.
Re: Cosmos: A Space-Time Odyssey
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »

Well I need glasses too for reading, but the last time I was in the desert in Arizona I didn't.

I'm serious though, they're really are a million bajillion stars in Arizona. That's where they keep most of them.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • NSFW embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Fan of: telling it like it is
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - A question for anyone..200 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100+ Reply Thread - A question for anyone..
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2014, 02:44:59 AM »

Silent Prowler wouldn't know any of that... hell most Americans don't even know where Australia is!
And a sizable percentage of West Bawwsies on flame forums about these parts seem all too ready to obsess over who they wish a newly registered poster might be to get their shit together by taking responsibility for the retards they've handed the Kirribilli keys to. You reckon Wahhmurrikans are clueless, try taking a long hard look in the mirror you clown.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 12:03:13 PM »

That's a bit of a false dilema. Scoring cheap victories with a well documented spam whoring retard makes you look like an even bigger retard. You enable it.

Save for the occasional outburst from Cookie, more recently he seems to have discerned the pointlessness of it all and moved on.

Ive said long ago the cackles is an emotional parasite that feeds on any attention, good or bad. The thing is to use it but not let it use you otherwise you get sucked dry and just get pages of lowgrade drivel, hence its one of the reasons I would ban her. Like swedess, just a needy emotional parasite that brings next to nothing and reduces the quality with its incessant trolling and attention seeking.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2014, 06:04:42 PM »

The above post got cackles smiting, the truth hurts. :rotf:

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - A question for anyone..200 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100+ Reply Thread - A question for anyone..
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2014, 08:42:54 PM »

You made your rep function visible, that's why. :lol: All that green on someone she despises, she'll have to enlist support from Alpofina to neg you back to zero if you're not careful.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 392
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 08:14:59 PM »

"If we were a dog and God owned us, the cops would come and take us away."

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 03:08:20 AM »

Aaaahaahahahahahahaahahahaaaaaa.... :rotf:

Creationists Demand Airtime On 'Cosmos' For The Sake Of Balance

The Creationist group Answers In Genesis, which was already incensed about Neil deGrasse Tyson’s revival of Cosmos, is now complaining that the show lacks scientific balance because it fails to provide airtime for evolution deniers.

Danny Faulkner of Answers In Genesis and the Creation Museum appeared on The Janet Mefferd Show yesterday to criticize Cosmos for not providing airtime for Creationism adherents. When Mefferd asked if Cosmos will “ever give a Creationist any time,” Faulkner responded by lamenting that “Creationists aren’t even on the radar screen for them, they wouldn’t even consider us plausible at all.”

Mefferd agreed that the show isn’t being very fair and balanced: “Boy, but when you have so many scientists who simply do not accept Darwinian evolution it seems to me that that might be something to throw in there, you know, the old, ‘some scientists say this, others disagree and think this,’ but that’s not even allowed.”

“Consideration of special Creation is definitely not open for discussion it would seem,” Faulkner added.

Arguing that evolution, the foundation of modern biology, and one of many theological beliefs on human creation are simply “two sides” that merit competing time on a science program is much like the equally absurd argument Creationists use when trying to undermine the teaching of evolution in public schools.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/creationists-demand-airtime-cosmos-sake-balance

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2014, 07:19:03 PM »

I believe that science should be given equal time in the Holy Bible and films like "Noah". Howja like them apples, you fundie ratbags? :rotf:

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
  • Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »

You know who makes films like "Noah"?

A bunch of Hollywood hypocrite rats that's who.

And they don't cotton to no dang apples anymore than they cotton to ham sandwiches.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2014, 12:59:20 PM »

Episode 3: "When Knowledge Conquered Fear"

http://www.cosmosontv.com/watch/203380803583

https://mediahint.com/ << Firefox plugin if your country is blocked

http://movreel.com/poqkia31igyg <alternate watch/download source for Ep 3

Hulu version with commericials -

• Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »

What episode do they go full blast about climate change?

Apparently they have mentioned it a few times already according to what I just read.

THE BRA1NTopic starter

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 02:43:07 AM »

Episode 4: "A Sky Full of Ghosts"

An exploration of how light, time and gravity combine to distort our perceptions of the universe. We eavesdrop on a series of walks along a beach in the year 1809. William Herschel, whose many discoveries include the insight that telescopes are time machines, tells bedtime stories to his son, who will grow up to make some rather profound discoveries of his own. A stranger lurks nearby. All three of them figure into the fun house reality of tricks that light plays with time and gravity.

http://www.cosmosontv.com/watch/211631683935
http://delishows.com/cosmos-a-spacetime-odyssey-season-1-episode-4-a-sky-full-of-ghosts.html

Many people are saying this episode was the best one to date. The part which touches on the possibility that our universe might be created by and inside of a super, super-massive black hole is what i find really inspiring. The obliteration of the creationists "6000 yr old Earth/universe" myth vis-a-vis Relativity and light was an amusing bonus.

"To believe in a universe as young as 6000 or 7000 years old is to extinguish the light from most of the galaxy. Not to mention the light from all the hundred billion other galaxies in the observable universe." - Neil Tyson.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 03:12:16 AM »

As any creationist will tell you, light arrives everywhere at the same time and can be proven under laboratory conditions. One refrigerator and one hungry fatass Western Bawwstrayyan swampdonkey digging for pastry treats later and we can clearly see that the light rays from the fridge do indeed illuminate her gigantic gluteus megamaximus all at the same time. :rotf:

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2014, 03:36:50 AM »

According to the so called "scientist" the speed of light is 671 million miles per hour.

They think they know because they see flies on the end of their pieces of bent glass and think it's aliens from a million years ago.

The key word here is "think", not "know".

Anybody who actually thinks knows that if light traveled at 671 million miles per hour then days would only be fractions of seconds long instead of 24 hours.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 04:14:05 AM »

According to the so called "scientist" the speed of light is 671 million miles per hour.

They think they know because they see flies on the end of their pieces of bent glass and think it's aliens from a million years ago.

The key word here is "think", not "know".

Anybody who actually thinks knows that if light traveled at 671 million miles per hour then days would only be fractions of seconds long instead of 24 hours.
Geez you're retarded Hoot, the reason days are 24 hours long is because the police keep pulling light over to write it speeding tickets.  :slap:

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 04:24:47 AM »

Just wait until the U.N. gets their hands on the internet. They'll turn it into a Liberal propaganda nightmare.

They're working hard now on the global warming racket. The world's going to end if we don't act soon, so they say. 200 Nobel Peace Prize winning scientists say it so, and some of them went to Princeton so you know it's real.

They're getting desperate and they're pushing this crap into overdrive.

Now are you Atheists going to tell me you really believe in this shit?

You'd be much better off believing in Jesus than believing in Obama.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2014, 04:37:52 AM »

Have you been mainlining kale again you hippie?

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 04:41:08 AM »

Look up the statement the U.N. just released about global warming.

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 04:45:05 AM »

You care more about it than I do, you look it up. Just be careful when you're crossing the road on your way to the library, you don't want to get hit by any speeding light. It travels at 671 million miles per hour you know. :lol:

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »

Well you'll care when you're complaining about your grocery bill going up because they also are going ahead with their plan to charge beef producers for cow farts. Which is something they've been trying to push through for a few years. Now they're going to do it.

But then again if you don't care then you deserve what you get.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.469 seconds with 36 queries.