ThirdRailForum

• January 19, 2018, 08:11:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunsets  (Read 13544 times)

plus minus reset

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • NSFW embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Fan of: telling it like it is
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - A question for anyone..200 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100+ Reply Thread - A question for anyone..
  • vroom vroom
Re: Sunsets
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 11:45:13 PM »

Ah I see, you think the colours aren't honest
They aren't, and it becomes very apparent when you start manipulating the image digitally. Your camera is at best a step or two removed from the "point and shoot" varieties and likely employs a CMOS as opposed to a CCD for image acquisition inside. In optimal lighting conditions it will produce acceptable images, but sunsets are anything but optimal and you would need to be waving about something far more pricey than an entry level Lumix to really do them justice.

The reason I say the original is more honest is because the faults in the capturing process have yet to be amplified. When you stared out westwards the other night, there was no grain or noise in the landscape, no blue blotches on the nearby shrubbery, the vista that was being returned to you in real time was as good as your eyes and cardiovascular system would allow for. A single, mass produced CMOS element will never be as good as a human eye and even if you lucked out with a triple CCD the fact that you would suggest a lengthier exposure time suggests to me that you are either unfamiliar with f-stop adjustments or that your camera does not have one in the first place. You may like to think of it as having the same function as a pupil in that it allows for less or more light to enter the camera for a given length of time, an important factor for getting the best possible signal into the camera.

Now there are many other factors at play in the human eye besides a simple pupil adjustment of course and your camera will attempt to emulate a certain number of them, but already a less than perfect CMOS/CCD, less than ideal lighting and a completely absent f-stop setting has put it even further behind the eight ball. Still, in the unchopped image we can see a reasonable colour distribution. It's not a perfect colour distribution of course and a little on the dark side as well, the noise is barely visible but its there and an indication your camera is already working beyond the specification Panasonic set for it. But it looks honest because the really ugly artifacts are mostly hidden in shadow. Lose the shadows, expose the ugly artifacts, it starts to look artificial.

In my non-professional opinion of course. But Iam sure that if I were to ask a professional photographer or a person who chops for a living that the answer would be the same.

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 392
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2014, 12:09:24 AM »

How quaint... you popping your schnozz in here making another unhelpful observation!

I believe my observation was helpful. Now, those who are searching Google for images of roof mounted antennas will be happy to find this and overjoyed to see the variety of antenna styles that you have presented here. All thanks to my proper tag words.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
  • caskur embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen100 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen500 Replies - Old Poo300 Replies - Old Poo200 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Remembering AW aka Lisa - Bra1n100 Reply - Citizen E100 Reply Thread - Mr Pickles Hawaiian Budget VacationTRF ChampionWin vs Pickles 200 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - Darling Sweet Gorgeous Sexy Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Sinister100 Reply Thread - Should caskur Leave TRF 4 Good?100 Reply Thread - Sum Cun'T's Never Change 100 Reply Thread - Bra1n's Bottom Teeth Challenge100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead Up to Old Tricks100 Reply Thread - Open Call Out100 Reply Thread - Dear USA100 Reply Thread - Rose West200 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - TTR Nail Challenge100 Reply Thread - Missing NSFW100 Reply Thread - The Prowler vs Vodafone..3rd Rail Weight Watchers Award200 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Where is Brain? 300 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts200 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Cyclone Ita 100 Reply Thread - Callout NSFW100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100+ Reply Thread - I Felt Lucky100+ Reply Thread - JFK The Lost Bullet100+ Reply Thread - Lightning - Addicted to..100+ Reply Thread - Lamenting V-Agent100+ Reply Thread -State Government to save $51m...200+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - caskur ~v~ V-Agent200+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Nigger in New Zealand
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2014, 12:12:38 AM »

Well... I'm learning... I still don't know everything my camera does... I like challenges and try to enlist opportunity... I teach myself. I don't have anyone to show me stuff. 

I like making mistakes and getting around them...

What's REALLY bugging me though is the dirty lens. That's why I want a new camera. I figure that it'll cost me more getting cleaned than a new camera.

My sister has a cheap-as-chips camera that take BRILLIANT close ups as does my canon cheapie...

I like this camera because it's very light, and has a battery card to charge... THAT IS A MAJOR plus!

I only just started to fix images...

I have inherited a zoom lens from my dead brother-in-law... The camera is no good anymore being an old film type... but it's a canon. I'm not interested in pissfarting around with heavy batteries. I want battery cards!

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen100 Replies - Bra1n or Vixen500 Replies - Old Poo300 Replies - Old Poo200 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Old Poo100 Replies - Remembering AW aka Lisa - Bra1n100 Reply - Citizen E100 Reply Thread - Mr Pickles Hawaiian Budget VacationTRF ChampionWin vs Pickles 200 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - New TRF Survivor Poll100 Reply Thread - Darling Sweet Gorgeous Sexy Bra1n100 Reply Thread - Sinister100 Reply Thread - Should caskur Leave TRF 4 Good?100 Reply Thread - Sum Cun'T's Never Change 100 Reply Thread - Bra1n's Bottom Teeth Challenge100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead Up to Old Tricks100 Reply Thread - Open Call Out100 Reply Thread - Dear USA100 Reply Thread - Rose West200 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - Bra1ndead100 Reply Thread - TTR Nail Challenge100 Reply Thread - Missing NSFW100 Reply Thread - The Prowler vs Vodafone..3rd Rail Weight Watchers Award200 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100 Reply Thread - Where is Brain? 300 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts200 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Craving Cream Doughnuts100 Reply Thread - Cyclone Ita 100 Reply Thread - Callout NSFW100 Reply Thread - Big Willagee Swamp Event100+ Reply Thread - I Felt Lucky100+ Reply Thread - JFK The Lost Bullet100+ Reply Thread - Lightning - Addicted to..100+ Reply Thread - Lamenting V-Agent100+ Reply Thread -State Government to save $51m...200+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - Best Forum Poll100+ Reply Thread - caskur ~v~ V-Agent200+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Callout Toefactor100+ Reply Thread - Nigger in New Zealand
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2014, 12:43:39 AM »

I believe my observation was helpful. Now, those who are searching Google for images of roof mounted antennas will be happy to find this and overjoyed to see the variety of antenna styles that you have presented here. All thanks to my proper tag words.

Well here comes the weather babe... Pray to your God it rains HEAVILY on caskur... She's begging for some rain!....ugh... look what they did to the palm tree!?

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - A question for anyone..200 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100 Reply Thread - Tim Curry's butt ugly transgendered sister100+ Reply Thread - A question for anyone..
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2014, 01:03:52 AM »

Well... I'm learning... I still don't know everything my camera does... I like challenges and try to enlist opportunity... I teach myself. I don't have anyone to show me stuff. 
That's a shame. I have a whole internet of people to show me stuff.

I like making mistakes and getting around them...

What's REALLY bugging me though is the dirty lens. That's why I want a new camera. I figure that it'll cost me more getting cleaned than a new camera.
Really???

You know, you could be down to your last dollar and still have more money than brains! :lol:

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2014, 02:16:27 AM »

That's a shame. I have a whole internet of people to show me stuff.

Really???

You know, you could be down to your last dollar and still have more money than brains! :lol:

Haw, haw, haw!

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2014, 02:23:02 AM »

See, this is what I don't know about and this is what I need to know about!

http://photographylife.com/what-is-iso-in-photography

however... I just got back from Fremantle where I tested a spot for the next sunset and it's a winner.

:clever:

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2014, 04:13:19 AM »

IT'S POURING RIGHT NOW :2thumbs:

This was earlier... grey and OVERCAST FINALLY ...... :b&b: fuck off sun and don't come back until next year.

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2014, 09:45:01 AM »

I found my highest vantage point now THIS you can say is an “unremarkable sunset”…

Carry on!~

We must have gotten a whole 3 mils this time...lol

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »

I did a series of these… here is a sample of 3 of the sun going down.

Like a bush fire…

Always reminds me of Bob Dylan singing, “Hot Chilli Peppers In the Blistering sun”

Hoot Gibson

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.Hoot Gibson knows what they are talking about.
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »

Nah, you're thinking of Flea. She was in the Hot Chili Peppers.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2014, 06:34:23 PM »

This is pure attention seeking drivel, IP ban the pig and give her account to reaper or someone else, NSFW maybe?

amatuerish pictures on a cheapo camera, bra1n sell me the site! I wanna IP ban the useless Oinker. :applause:

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2014, 11:14:38 PM »

I did a series of these… here is a sample of 3 of the sun going down.

Like a bush fire…

Always reminds me of Bob Dylan singing, “Hot Chilli Peppers In the Blistering sun”

You do know you aren't supposed to point your camera directly at the sun without a solar filter attached, right?

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2014, 01:01:15 AM »

I always point the camera at the sun.... Do you think I have broken my camera?

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2014, 01:09:22 AM »

This is pure attention seeking drivel, IP ban the pig and give her account to reaper or someone else, NSFW maybe?

amatuerish pictures on a cheapo camera, bra1n sell me the site! I wanna IP ban the useless Oinker. :applause:

And your threads aren't... The only attention you'd get off me is a swift kick to your nuts where I would drop you like a bag of shit and never imagine I would be unable to do it either!

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 219
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2014, 02:57:03 AM »

And your threads aren't... The only attention you'd get off me is a swift kick to your nuts where I would drop you like a bag of shit and never imagine I would be unable to do it either!

You wouldnt be able to raise your flabby leg that high you wheezing swamp hog.

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2014, 03:11:58 AM »

You wouldnt be able to raise your flabby leg that high you wheezing swamp hog.

I insist you throw your post in the bin. It's off topic... Get out of my threads unless you want to show a picture of a sunset YOU took.... Then you and I can compare amateur status... until then, sod off with your negative comments!

NSFW

• Supreme Ruler
  • vroom vroom
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2014, 05:26:31 AM »

I always point the camera at the sun.... Do you think I have broken my camera?
Broken? You're obviously still taking photos with it so no. Damaged? Very possible.

Remembering our discussion regarding the interior workings of a digital camera, I will remind you of the CMOS and CCD elements that are used to image the pictures you see in the viewfinder (and obviously too saved to the internal memory). They aren't as rugged as the human eye, they are relatively recent man made devices which are designed to work over a certain range of light sources. That range is inferior to the human eye.

A person wishing to preserve their eyesight would not stare at the sun for any length of time and not expect to go blind.

A person wishing to preserve their camera would similarly not point it at the sun with the shutter open and not expect to burn out its image sensor.

Plain common sense of course. I fancy your camera would probably be capturing your sunsets a lot better if you hadn't ruined the internal image sensor. You may as well chuck it in the nearest bin and ask Kurt to buy you a new one for Christmas.

Get him to buy a solar filter for it while you're at it.

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2014, 08:55:09 AM »

OK, tonight’s sunset was another unremarkable sunset but I tried very hard to bring it with my shitty sun damaged broken camera.  I like my new position though. I gotta tell ya, I just have to wait for another spectacular day like the 26th of March. Please be patient with me.

I cropped the first picture and the second picture shows my position and it raining in the ocean. Too much of our rain goes in the ocean instead of coming to us. They claim Perth will be a ghost town this century from lack of rain! I wonder!

This is a picture of the location I have now chosen. I rushed ahead of Kurt and our rotund friend to snap this only to realize tonight was not going to be one of those wonderful events.

Formerly…

caskurTopic starter

• Chop Champ
  • Caesar
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »

caskur = 24 images of sunset related images

Hoot, Bra1n, NSFW and Chookie Mobster = 0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Up

Page created in 0.316 seconds with 37 queries.