ThirdRailForum

• November 22, 2017, 02:11:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Marriage and religious beliefs  (Read 3458 times)

plus minus reset

RizenPhoenizTopic starter

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • RizenPhoeniz probably just rolled in here.
  • Relentless, Focused, Determined
Marriage and religious beliefs
« on: November 09, 2008, 06:21:16 PM »

Since so many people that voted for Prop 8 cited religious convictions for doing so I think we need a new prop on the 2010 ballot to promote more religious beliefs about marriage.

The New prop should

A)Outlaw divorce, Nullifying all divorces and 2nd, 3rd, etc. marriages. IOW, if you got divorced and remarried and this prop passes, you are now married to your 1st wife and not your current spouse.

B) If a brother dies while married and his brother is unmarried, the living brother must assume his dead brothers place in the marriage.

C)Would require the public stoning of anyone found guilty of adultery.

So, anything else we should cover with this prop?

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Re: Marriage and religious beliefs
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:00:59 PM »

Burkhas.

Also, could it kindly revoke my and all women's rights to vote and own property?

And have it override Roe v. Wade while you're about it.

Oh, oh, oh, and the Rule of Thumb.  Bring it back.

I also strongly and religiously believe that men should have complete control over everything and everybody and should not only be allowed, but ENCOURAGED, to beat and, if necessary, even kill their wives.  We should be CHATTEL dammit!

After all, what do I know?  I'm just a stupid woman.

Kthx.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »

One more thing - women should be quiet unless spoken to.  Judging by the ridiculous amount of domestic violence, most of us just don't know when to shut the fuck up. :hammer:
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 09:08:41 PM »

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal, on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so that you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the home just before your husband arrives, gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer, dishwasher, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad he is home.

Some don'ts: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he is late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day. Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

Make the evening his. Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

The Goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 09:15:30 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^SARCASM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

princess of pt

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • princess of pt embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - Should congress
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »

fuck anything that resembles responsibility for women. remove my ovaries and chain me to a mattress.  :vc:

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 11:23:56 PM »

You dirty, dirty girl. :vc:

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 11:49:07 PM »

LMFAO I agree RizenP Just as ridiculous as banning gay marriage. Freakin keep your religion SEPARATE from the law books. I don't understand how a few people have told me that religion had nothing to do with it. That's the core the belief stems from, no matter how many people try to ignore that fact.

*edited to fix a couple typos that annoyed me

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 07:25:37 AM »

fuck anything that resembles responsibility for women. remove my ovaries and chain me to a mattress.  :vc:

bit off-topic. Women dont do responsibilty, its womens privelege to choose but mens responsibility to pay for that privelege. I beleive in equal choice. Not bothered so much, the position on rights to work, more choice, and privelege to choose are unsustainable. Demographics will see to that and in idiot countries like sweden that may well mean the burker.

Appropriate religous view utube considering the topic.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this statement:

Women dont do responsibilty, its womens privelege to choose but mens responsibility to pay for that privelege.

I assume you mean that, regarding abortion rights, men have no say but are merely the pocketbook backing the woman's decision. I don't believe that to be true, although in many instances women DO expect the man to make a financial contribution. But I think that's only fair, don't you? Both parties were involved in the making of the pregnancy, both parties should share the responsibility, financial and otherwise, when a decision is made whether to terminate the pregnancy or not. The emotional ramifications cannot be shared, clearly, but I don't believe for one minute that men shouldn't have a say in the decision-making process, although ultimately, since the woman is the one who GETS pregnant, it is up to the woman to make the final determination.  And to live with that.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 216
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »

I think theres room for reform, as the decisions to bhave the baby would impact on both their lives. But I tend to see the issue in the other dimension. If she doesn't want it but he does then he would be expected to take responsability for it.

I agree that there are different examples in different circumstances but what I would like to see is equality before the law with fast track arbitration.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 05:18:20 PM »

There's not only room for reform, there's a necessity for it.  As you said, if the father wants the child and the mother would prefer to terminate, the father would be expected to take on full financial responsibility (not that I've ever heard of this happening); on the other hand, if the roles were reversed and it was the woman pushing for the pregnancy to proceed, you better believe the man would be expected to pay support, whether he wanted the child or not.

I know how cold that sounds: "Whether they wanted the child or not."  But it's the reality.  There are many, many unwanted children in the world - and there'd be more if Roe were overturned.

Sorry to completely derail your thread, RP.  I'll hop off the soapbox now. :grin:

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 05:35:45 PM »

Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal, on time. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal are part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so that you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your makeup, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. He has just been with a lot of work-weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting. His boring day may need a lift.

Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the home just before your husband arrives, gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc. Then run a dust cloth over the tables. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order, and it will give you a lift, too.

Prepare the children. Take a few minutes to wash the children's hands and faces (if they are small), comb their hair, and if necessary change their clothes. They are little treasures and he would like to see them playing the part.

Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer, dishwasher, or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet. Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and be glad he is home.

Some don'ts: Don't greet him with problems or complaints. Don't complain if he is late for dinner. Count this as minor compared with what he might have gone through that day. Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or suggest he lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange his pillow and offer to take off his shoes. Speak in a low, soft, soothing and pleasant voice. Allow him to relax and unwind.

Listen to him. You may have a dozen things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first.

Make the evening his. Never complain if he does not take you out to dinner or to other places of entertainment. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure, his need to be home and relax.

The Goal: Try to make your home a place of peace and order where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit.

Would you mind having a quiet word with my wife?

I think this may be just the advice she needs at the moment cos my tea is always in the dog by the time i stumble in from the pub to give her a daily beating and force inhumane sexual acts upon her.
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 08:30:42 PM »

Would you mind having a quiet word with my wife?

I think this may be just the advice she needs at the moment cos my tea is always in the dog by the time i stumble in from the pub to give her a daily beating and force inhumane sexual acts upon her.

You'll have to email Manfriend and ask.  I'm not allowed to speak without permission. :vc:

THE BRA1N

• Menace to Piety
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 390
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »

Sarcasm, huh? Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Let's do a social experiment... incorporate that into a personal ad and see how many guys respond to it. I bet you would get flooded with sincere responses.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

Fipronila

• Senatore
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.Fipronila makes good points.
  • Fan of: your mom
  • Awards: 2012 Death Pool Winner
  • Your Mom
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2008, 10:56:51 PM »

LOL sad but true.

I am torn on the man aspect here that was brought up. I think that men should be able to say "I will help pay for an abortion, but if you want to keep it, I'm out" But at the same time, there has to be guidelines with this as well. Like a mutually agreed upon contract signed when the decision is made by the mother and father if she wants to keep it with no help. I don't know - I have some kid stuffs to do and will be back after I think on it. lol.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 06:13:28 AM »

Sarcasm, huh? Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Let's do a social experiment... incorporate that into a personal ad and see how many guys respond to it. I bet you would get flooded with sincere responses.

I refuse to participate in any "social experiment" that is designed to take advantage of the mentally challenged.

Lrd. Greymure

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lrd. Greymure probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 07:39:25 AM »

If you look at the way the abortion laws are written it does put men in the position of having no freedom of choice. Although I beleive that men should pay support for their children even if the woman chooses not to have an abortion.

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Sex and Candy
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 04:27:50 PM »

Hookay, well, how should they be written to factor in the male point of view? Keep in mind that we're not just talking about the child that comes at the end of the pregnancy, we're talking about the pregnancy itself. And regardless of what anyone may think, pregnancy affects the WOMAN - she'll likely have to lose a substantial amount of time at work even if she doesn't keep the child, she'll incur physical, psychological and emotional changes, and there is still a risk to the mother even in the healthiest of pregnancies.  The man isn't affected at all. Period.

Contestation

• You think?
  • Censor
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Contestation probably just rolled in here.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The American Health system100+ Reply Thread - Addiction is it a disease
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 11:17:34 PM »

Plagiarize often do you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.408 seconds with 42 queries.