ThirdRailForum

• August 19, 2018, 08:00:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gamergate  (Read 1342 times)

plus minus reset

MechaTopic starter

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.Mecha is one of the better posters here.
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - Why does nobody ever mention that..
Gamergate
« on: October 16, 2014, 02:42:09 AM »

Gamergate started with the site kotaku caught in a conflict of interest with one of their game reviews, then they tried to cover it up and all hell broke loose. So, any of you that are gamers are stupid enough to believe game reviews were ever legitimate?

If you want to know more, here's a start.

Trump impersonations are redundant

TheProwler

• Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Myself
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Trip to Boston100 Replies - Every 5 years..100 Replies - Is this PI?500 Replies - Who dumped whom?300 Replies - Who dumped whom?200 Replies - Who dumped whom?100 Replies - Who dumped whom?100 Replies - True Love100 Replies - CTS with a 3.6 litre engine100 Reply Thread - Guess who this is!100 Reply Thread - Hey, I gotta get to sleep!100 Reply Thread - So, the Holidays are Almost Here!100 Reply Thread - So...when a troll fails100 Reply Thread - Fat Danny Bailed100 Reply Thread - Jam Session Today100 Reply Thread - Ask The Expert: flea200 Reply Thread - flea.s Husband Left Her100 Reply Thread - flea's Husband Left Her100 Reply Thread - Going on another Western Carribean Cruise100 Reply Thread - Alberta100 Reply Thread - Vicious Rumour - The Tongue100 Reply Thread - Street Fight Fuckfest100 Reply Thread - Vicious Rumour - Two Heads100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is ruining..100 Reply Thread - Cosmic Outpost - Censorship Capital..100 Reply Thread - My dog got sprayed by a..
Re: Gamergate
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »

I like to read the end-user reviews at Steam.  I know that a few might be from people with a conflict of interest, but most are genuine.  I read the reviews and try to get an idea of whether or not I will like the game.  It is not just whether a review is positive or negative....some positive reviews make me think the game will not be enjoyable for me, and some negative reviews make me think the game might be enjoyable for me.

The mainstream critics are useless.  Duke Nukem Forever got a 54/100 Metacritic score.  And I found it to be a blast!  Imagine, Duke was riddled with childish and crude humour!!!  What the fuck did you expect?!?!?!

Playing Max Payne 3 right now.  It got 87/100.  And I am liking it a lot.

Conclusion:  Metacritic scores indicate fuck-all as to whether or not I will enjoy a game.
The Official Cosmic Outpost Ambassador to The Third Rail Forum

Treat me right, or Cosmic Outpost will crush this site.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:46:03 PM »

How the fuck do any of you guys get time to 'Game'?

I sleep on average 2 1/2 hours per night. And you expect me to play computer games too?

Meh
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

TheProwler

• Dictator
  • TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Trip to Boston100 Replies - Every 5 years..100 Replies - Is this PI?500 Replies - Who dumped whom?300 Replies - Who dumped whom?200 Replies - Who dumped whom?100 Replies - Who dumped whom?100 Replies - True Love100 Replies - CTS with a 3.6 litre engine100 Reply Thread - Guess who this is!100 Reply Thread - Hey, I gotta get to sleep!100 Reply Thread - So, the Holidays are Almost Here!100 Reply Thread - So...when a troll fails100 Reply Thread - Fat Danny Bailed100 Reply Thread - Jam Session Today100 Reply Thread - Ask The Expert: flea200 Reply Thread - flea.s Husband Left Her100 Reply Thread - flea's Husband Left Her100 Reply Thread - Going on another Western Carribean Cruise100 Reply Thread - Alberta100 Reply Thread - Vicious Rumour - The Tongue100 Reply Thread - Street Fight Fuckfest100 Reply Thread - Vicious Rumour - Two Heads100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is ruining..100 Reply Thread - Cosmic Outpost - Censorship Capital..100 Reply Thread - My dog got sprayed by a..
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »

I finished Max Payne 3 last night.  I just checked my Steam account and it took me 13 hours.  That was spread out over about a week.  I do not always play that much, but I would say I probably average an hour a day.

I find it entertaining.

I downloaded Capsized, Legend of Grimrock, and X-COM UFO Defense last night before I went to bed.  Not sure what I will play next...

I like to get 6-9 hours of sleep every night.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 03:33:38 PM »

I like to get 6-9 hours of sleep every night.

The rest of your time must have such massive demands  :crap:
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »

The rest of your time must have such massive demands  :crap:

I refereed hockey on Friday night...it took over 3.5 hours because a panel of glass broke and it took a long time for the maintenance staff to clean up the glass from the ice and install the new panel.

I refereed for about 2 hours yesterday, then went out to dinner with my wife and another couple.

I will be refereeing tonight for probably about 2.5 hours.

I walked my dog in the bush for about an hour and a half yesterday, and took her for an hour walk today.

I watched probably about 2-3 hours of TV with my wife this weekend.

The demands just go on and on...

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 05:52:30 PM »

I refereed hockey on Friday night...it took over 3.5 hours because a panel of glass broke and it took a long time for the maintenance staff to clean up the glass from the ice and install the new panel.

I refereed for about 2 hours yesterday, then went out to dinner with my wife and another couple.

I will be refereeing tonight for probably about 2.5 hours.

You are aware of the songs English Football fans sing about referees aintcha  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 11:45:11 PM »

You are aware of the songs English Football fans sing about referees aintcha  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nope.  I do not pay attention to soccer.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 02:43:04 AM »

Nope.  I do not pay attention to soccer.

Now you're just being obtuse ya fuck. Yer a Canuuk not a Septic. Only those tasteless cunts refer to football as 'soccer'.

You got no pride aboot yer own country punchy?

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 11:02:05 PM »

Soccer is getting to be more popular in Canada.  When I was a kid, soccer was more of a "fringe" sport.  I played one year to help keep my legs in shape for hockey season.

I think the appeal of soccer is mainly that it is easy for little kids to learn.

Baseball:  "The pitcher is going to throw the ball to the catcher.  You have to try to hit the ball with the bat.  But only swing if it is a strike.  A strike is pitch that goes over the plate and is between your knees and your armpit.  If the pitch is not in the strike zone and you do not swing, it is a ball.  If you swing and miss, it is a strike, no matter where the pitch was.  If you get three strikes, you are out.  Unless the catcher does not catch the ball cleanly and first base in unoccupied or there are two out; in that case, you run to first base just as if you hit the ball.  If you get four balls, you get a 'walk' to first base.  If you hit the ball, you have to run to first base.  You can touch first base and run past it if it is a close play.  If you beat the throw to first base and they do not tag you, you are safe.  If you hit the ball to the outfield and you can make it to second base without being tagged, you should touch first base and run to second base.  If they try to tag you at second base, you should slide into second base and avoid the tag. If you can make it to third base, you can try to get to third base.  When you are safe on the base, the next batter will come up.  When he hits the ball, you have to run if you are forced to the next base.  You are forced if there are no empty bases between the batter and you.  On a force play, the defense only has to tag the base you are going to, or they can tag you.  If it is not a force play, the defense will have to tag you to get you out.  Etc. etc. etc. etc...."

Soccer:  "Try to kick the ball in that goal.  You cannot use your hands."

Also, soccer is cheap.

But kids usually stop playing soccer here when they are still young.

Among adults, hockey is way more popular than soccer.  Even in the summer months.  So are the various forms of softball and fast pitch.  I prefer baseball, though, so I still play baseball.

I play baseball in the summer; hockey in the fall, winter, and early spring.

Football has touchdowns and field goals and is way less popular than any other summer sport for adults because it is way too physically violent for adults who would surely be injured.  The only football played by adults that I know about is more serious semi-pro and professional leagues.  There is probably a bit of "touch football", but I do not know of any leagues.

Interest in soccer comes and goes with the World Cup.  But hardly anyone above the age of 12 actually plays the game....

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 08:17:58 AM »

There are reasons Football is known as "The Beautiful Game" ya know.

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 11:48:40 PM »

I always get a laugh when I watch "The Plays of the Week" on the sports channels.

I tell everyone present to watch the amazing athleticism of the professional hockey players, real football players, and baseball players.  And then watch the unimpressive plays they are forced to pick for the soccer highlights.

Without fail, all the highlights are amazing plays that 99.999% of people could not even dream of making, except the soccer highlights.  They are all just a guy kicking a soccer ball about 30 feet into a huge net and a helpless goalie making a futile dive in the direction of the ball.  What a boring sport.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 06:20:28 AM »

I always get a laugh when I watch "The Plays of the Week" on the sports channels.

I tell everyone present to watch the amazing athleticism of the professional hockey players, real football players, and baseball players.  And then watch the unimpressive plays they are forced to pick for the soccer highlights.

Without fail, all the highlights are amazing plays that 99.999% of people could not even dream of making, except the soccer highlights.  They are all just a guy kicking a soccer ball about 30 feet into a huge net and a helpless goalie making a futile dive in the direction of the ball.  What a boring sport.

Your stupidity and lack of understanding ranges between stupifying and outrageous.

Perhaps it's the cold? I have a friend in the London you were driving past the other week. I'll Skype him and ask wether the IQ level is normally as low.

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »

Irony Alert!!!!!

I'll Skype him and ask wether the IQ level is normally as low.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 04:59:30 PM »

You are aware what a 'wether' is aren't you?

Yes it is indeed irony, but at the expense of the dumbest fuck on the site......... namely yourself. Perhaps you should research your answers before you post ya prick  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2014, 02:53:04 AM »

I have reduced The S. to be a fragile little worm who breaks down over something as simple as a typo!!

:evillol:

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2014, 04:10:33 AM »

Ya know? You could be dumber than Hoot.

Ya just got clowned ya fucktard. I've got you sprung so tight your Jack In A Box brain's busting though your hockey helmet like yer dick pops yer flies in the boys locker room.  :evillol: :applause:

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014, 03:46:07 PM »

Hahahahaha!!!!!

"Irony Alert!!!" gets them all the time!!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Lord K

• Censor
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Lord K embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 06:10:35 AM »

GamerGate is the funniest ongoing flame war I've ever seen.

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/GamerGate

Full of laughs and truth ^^^

It's a pity their ethics movement will fail (because written game review sites are terrible, worthless, broken things by design).

Your Mom's Lover

• Diamond Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Your Mom's Lover has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 300 Replies - The age of postersTeam win vs Caskur and Ant Agonizer100 Replies - Um Team Cunt Wrangler200 Replies - The age of posters100 Replies - The age of posters100 Replies - The Mr.Pickles Show!!!100 Replies - Guilty pleasures100 Replies - Brit posters with bad teeth100 Reply - Matches/Callouts you want to see100 Replies - Guess who?100 Reply - Mr.Pickles Comics Third Rail 2016300 Reply - Epic fail troll by the epic fail fools200 Reply -  	Epic fail troll by the epic fail fools200 Reply Thread - Callout The Treasurer Scoundrel Flea100 Reply Thread - Callout The Treasurer Scoundrel Flea100 Reply Thread - Epic fail troll by the epic fail fools100 Reply Thread - The state of flaming..200 Reply Thread - How fat is Flea?100 Reply Thread - How fat is Flea? TRF Flame ChampWin vs Blandscape100 Reply Thread - Gaming and flaming with Mr.Pickles100 Reply Thread - Survivor January 2016100 Reply Thread - Everyone is a pedo,100 Reply Thread -  	Happy Thanksgiving Third Rail300 Reply Thread - A bad reject heaven forum raid200 Reply Thread - A bad reject heaven forum raid100 Reply Thread - A bad reject heaven forum raid100 Reply Thread - Step up to get beat down100 Reply Thread - Now its up to you tards200 Reply Thread - So posting PI is ok here.100 Reply Thread - So posting PI is ok here.Flame ChampionWin vs caskurWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - 4 vs 4 match sign up100+ Reply Thread - Team Bra1n vs Team Pickles2007 Fantasy Football Champ
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 03:00:58 AM »

For those to lazy to read Gamergate is this.

Some chick made a shit game and apparently fucked a couple game reviewers to get good reviews. Some reviewer who didn't get any pussy outed the whole she-bang. Now the integrity and credibility of gaming reviews are forever tarnished over a slut with an embarrassingly bad game.

It was extremely funny at first, and a lot of forums took any mention of gamergate down so as not to piss off advertisers, but its been so blown up, I don't think anyone cares anymore. Never trust professional gaming reviews, they are just shills.
#BYECASKUR

Your Mom's Lover is a satirical character who engages in various forums of verbal and visual comedy designed to entertain. No other designation of anything posted by Your Mom's Lover is hinted or implied.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.366 seconds with 34 queries.