ThirdRailForum

• August 20, 2018, 04:36:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Parents oppose end of care for brain-dead son  (Read 2985 times)

plus minus reset

Angelica

• Imperator
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Angelica has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 2009 Death Pool Winner100+ Reply Thread - Obama Inaugaration
Re: Parents oppose end of care for brain-dead son
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:48 AM »

Quote from: Brain
Then WTF are they even doing asking the hospital to keep pumping o2 into their dead son? If they want to preserve him like a modern day mummy then let them buy THEIR OWN life sustaining equipment to keep pumping o2 through his body.
This is a primary reason why they oppose the removal of life support..but also because of their religious beliefs..

I lived close to a Hasid community in NYC, and had friends who were of that faith (I never went to their homes, because as a Christian...I was unclean).  Anyway, just so you know what they belief is, if you don't already know. 

Their belief is: no one should be buried without all their limbs (when it comes to amputation, they have to have it frozen for future burial with the bodyl) and they also do not see brain death as an alternative when the person is still breathing.

This little boy is on a ventilator, the parents still acknowledge him as "breathing", so he is still alive to them.  As to visiting him, as Orthodox Jews, they will pray, but not acknowledge him in any form other than what he was prior to this.
"I'll believe that corporations are people when the State of Texas executes one." - Bill Moyers

Persephone

• Turboslut
  • Legatus
  • Reputation Power: 24
  • Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.Persephone makes good points.
  • Awards: 100+ Reply Thread - The Death Penalty
  • Sex and Candy
Re: Parents oppose end of care for brain-dead son
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 02:52:05 PM »

I lived close to South Williamsburg in Brooklyn for five years (we were in Dyker Heights); it's a very closed community and most unwelcoming to any outsiders. I knew nothing but the very barest of essentials when it came to their belief system.
And I'll dance with you in Vienna, I'll be wearing a river's disguise. The hyacinth wild on my shoulder, my mouth on the dew of your thighs. And I'll bury my soul in a scrapbook, with the photographs there, and the moths and I'll yield to the flood of your beauty my cheap violin and my cross.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 31 queries.