ThirdRailForum

• August 20, 2018, 03:10:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So do you guys only talk about female fighters?  (Read 628 times)

plus minus reset

KittycollarTopic starter

• cum dumpster
  • Aedile
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Kittycollar probably just rolled in here.
So do you guys only talk about female fighters?
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:05:02 AM »

Why isn't there a thread about McGregor's 13 second knockout? It's kind of a big deal.

:yawn:

TheProwler

• Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 104
  • TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Myself
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Trip to Boston100 Replies - Every 5 years..100 Replies - Is this PI?500 Replies - Who dumped whom?300 Replies - Who dumped whom?200 Replies - Who dumped whom?100 Replies - Who dumped whom?100 Replies - True Love100 Replies - CTS with a 3.6 litre engine100 Reply Thread - Guess who this is!100 Reply Thread - Hey, I gotta get to sleep!100 Reply Thread - So, the Holidays are Almost Here!100 Reply Thread - So...when a troll fails100 Reply Thread - Fat Danny Bailed100 Reply Thread - Jam Session Today100 Reply Thread - Ask The Expert: flea200 Reply Thread - flea.s Husband Left Her100 Reply Thread - flea's Husband Left Her100 Reply Thread - Going on another Western Carribean Cruise100 Reply Thread - Alberta100 Reply Thread - Vicious Rumour - The Tongue100 Reply Thread - Street Fight Fuckfest100 Reply Thread - Vicious Rumour - Two Heads100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is ruining..100 Reply Thread - Cosmic Outpost - Censorship Capital..100 Reply Thread - My dog got sprayed by a..
Re: So do you guys only talk about female fighters?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 03:09:39 PM »

I am sure Bwain needs some time to let this all soak in....

Can you imagine what it must be like for him to see a great BJJ master like Aldo get beat so quickly by good footwork and a single well-timed counter punch of a MMA fighter using nothing but boxing?

The way Aldo rushed in while throwing a punch combination was horrible.  It might look nice while hitting the pads, but it leaves you exposed when fighting a good counter puncher.  There are fighters in just about every amateur boxing club all over the world who would have done the same thing to Aldo.

This goes to show, once again, that a boxer just needs to be trained to understand grappling techniques and to use good footwork to negate the grappling to be dominant in MMA.

:punch:
The Official Cosmic Outpost Ambassador to The Third Rail Forum

Treat me right, or Cosmic Outpost will crush this site.

Sinister v2

• Quaestor
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sinister v2 probably just rolled in here.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 06:51:26 PM »

Why isn't there a thread about McGregor's 13 second knockout? It's kind of a big deal.

He's a faggot and has fought no one worth a damn.
I support mod panel abuse.

THE BRA1N

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 320
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Robert Mueller
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Attn caskurt500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 02:45:49 PM »

I am sure Bwain needs some time to let this all soak in....

Can you imagine what it must be like for him to see a great BJJ master like Aldo get beat so quickly by good footwork and a single well-timed counter punch of a MMA fighter using nothing but boxing?

Obviously the distinction between a typical street fight and professional mma fighters is lost on you and beyond your grade C- analytical level.

He's a faggot and has fought no one worth a damn.

Aldo hadn't lost in 10 years. I like McGregor but don't think he's as good as his hype makes him out to be. At least not yet. He hasn't peaked yet. He's legit world champion caliber and says he wants to hold simultaneous titles in two different divisions but I can think of a few fighters who can smash those dreams of his and one of them probably will in 2016.
Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Grandiosity with expectations of superior treatment from others
  • Fixated on fantasies of power, success, intelligence, attractiveness, etc.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Needing constant admiration from others
  • Sense of entitlement to special treatment and to obedience from others
  • Exploitative of others to achieve personal gain
  • Unwilling to empathize with others' feelings, wishes, or needs
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them
  • Pompous and arrogant demeanor

TheProwler

• Dictator
  • TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.TheProwler has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Trip to Boston100 Replies - Every 5 years..100 Replies - Is this PI?500 Replies - Who dumped whom?300 Replies - Who dumped whom?200 Replies - Who dumped whom?100 Replies - Who dumped whom?100 Replies - True Love100 Replies - CTS with a 3.6 litre engine100 Reply Thread - Guess who this is!100 Reply Thread - Hey, I gotta get to sleep!100 Reply Thread - So, the Holidays are Almost Here!100 Reply Thread - So...when a troll fails100 Reply Thread - Fat Danny Bailed100 Reply Thread - Jam Session Today100 Reply Thread - Ask The Expert: flea200 Reply Thread - flea.s Husband Left Her100 Reply Thread - flea's Husband Left Her100 Reply Thread - Going on another Western Carribean Cruise100 Reply Thread - Alberta100 Reply Thread - Vicious Rumour - The Tongue100 Reply Thread - Street Fight Fuckfest100 Reply Thread - Vicious Rumour - Two Heads100 Reply Thread - Cookie Monster is ruining..100 Reply Thread - Cosmic Outpost - Censorship Capital..100 Reply Thread - My dog got sprayed by a..
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 01:23:09 AM »

Bwain just backpedaled on all those claims he made about BJJ being the greatest weapon in MMA!!!

If fact, now he is not focused on which fighting style is dominant...after previously declaring that boxing cannot win in MMA...probably because boxing has just decimated a top Judo fighter and a top BJJ fighter in back-to-back Championship fights!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

THE BRA1N

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
  • THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.THE BRA1N has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - Attn caskurt500 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..300 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..200 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - Eisbaer the drifter..100 Replies - My Field Trip to Flame Truth100 Replies - Countdown to Fleas Ban Expiration200 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - So what did I miss100 Replies - An ultimatum from Sting2016 Fantasy Football Champ100 Replies - Anyone else miss V-Agent?100 Replies - Lets Get Mr.Pickles Hyped to Post Again100 Replies - ATTN: Mini/NA300 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..200 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Jan 1 is Use Your..100 Replies - Dullard of the Year Final - Goats vs Sting100 Replies - Forum Dullard Poll, The Finals100 Replies - TR Forum Dullard Poll100 Reply Thread -  	TRF MVP Poster Ratings - March100 Reply Thread - Caskur PM Dump Thread100 Reply Thread - Is Cookie a Potential Serial Killer?100 Reply Thread -Lets Have Lunch100 Reply Thread - Posters youd like to hear from..200 Reply Thread - Another war is..100 Reply Thread - Another war..200+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Happy New Year100+ Reply Thread - Im Going to London2010 World Cup Picks Winner2012 NFL Picks Champ100+ Reply Thread - Question: Should Prostitution be Legalized?100+ Reply Thread - Heres what the right wing rhetoric does to people
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 02:47:21 AM »

Prowler, you're truly a first rate forum tard bordering on the level of caskur now. If you want to have semi-serious discussion with me about mma or anything else, youre going to have to elevate your IQ or else Im just going to start ignoring your tripe.

As for your latest tripe, falsifications and ignorant comments - my primary training background is shotokan karate and it will always be that. I competed and occasionally kicked ass at the national level across the USA in my day, including the AAU Nationals, USAKF Nationals, USKA Nationals and other major open competitions like the Battle of Atlanta and US Open Nationals. So when you try to intimate that I think BJJ is the "greatest weapon in mma", you don't have the first clue about me nor do you show the reading comprehension skills of an average IQ adult about what I have stated.

MMA IS EVERYTHING. It is not just boxing or wrestling or bjj or karate. It has been that way since the mid 90s as I previously stated and backed up. There is no fucking WBA boxer coming into the UFC with boxing gloves on and fighting anyone. FFS they wouldn't even make it in kickboxing, for the simple reason that they have no idea how to defend kicks or throw kicks themselves.

The last boxer I can recall who did TRY his skills in an mma fight was heavyweight champion Ray Mercer. What was the result? Mercer got taken down and submitted in the first round by none other than fucking Kimbo Slice! Haha.. yeah, Kimbo (who barely knows what a kimura is) tapped out the former heavyweight boxing champion of the world!

I also vaguely remember former multiple weight class champion James Toney fighting in the UFC and getting embarrassed by Randy Coture in seconds. Those type of fights are very rare and freak show attractions for the boxing fans and average Joe's who are unfathomably ignorant about mma and think that boxers have a legit chance to win. Just listen or read the many comments that Mike Tyson has given on the subject. Despite all the money they offered him he knew better than to get in an mma ring against the likes of Bob Sapp.

UFC and other mma organizations are comprised of mma fighters who utilize boxing just like they utilize wrestling and karate or muay thai and yes, ALL of them have to be proficient in BJJ.

On the streets, any one martial arts or fight skill like boxing, properly taught and learned, is usually enough. However, the great weight of the evidence and overwhelming opinion of the mma community is that BJJ is the best skill to have for the simple reason that most fights end up in the ground. That's why I decided to supplement my Japanese karate background with BJJ as well. I am not a bjj guy and never have been.

Karate does me very little good if I am taken off my feet. Same thing with a boxer, kickboxer, muay thai fighter, kenpo fighter, tae kwon do fighter, aikido, etc.. Try punching or kicking when someone is sitting on top of your chest and see how effective that is. If you had any wits about you and knowledge of different martial arts, you would know that and wouldn't be making those embarrassingly idiotic remarks which give your ignorance away.

The claim that Conor McGregor is a simply boxer fighting against Aldo the bjj fighter is a false and ignorant one because they are both MMA fighters fighting in the MMA sport, not a couple of street guys fighting in a tough man contest. Their backgrounds may differ but they ALL train in boxing, kicks, wrestling, submissions and yes, BJJ too. In other words that you can maybe better understand, Aldo is a boxer too.

Now if you or anyone else wants to engage in a serious discussion about mma or martial arts, I will be glad to listen to your pov and respond. But if you are just going to make shit up about myself and state idiotic things which show a lack of knowledge of even the basic fundamentals of mma, while pretending to know what you're talking about, then leave my name out of it. Tards don't merit intelligent and substantive replies from me.
  • Self-perception of being unique, superior and associated with high-status people and institutions
  • Intensely envious of others and the belief that others are equally envious of them

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • Reputation Power: 100
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Fan of: Liverpool FC, Healthy food, Free Healthcare
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
  • Breaking the hearts of spammers since 2000
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 06:46:08 AM »

Prowler is a founder member of the Manitoba Methodist Association.

And he's not that bright.

HTH
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

That, of course, depends on who you ask around here.

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »

Prowler, you're truly a first rate forum tard bordering on the level of caskur now. If you want to have semi-serious

discussion with me about mma or anything else, youre going to have to elevate your IQ or else Im just going to start

ignoring your tripe.

As for your latest tripe, falsifications and ignorant comments - my primary training background is shotokan karate and it

will always be that. I competed and occasionally kicked ass at the national level across the USA in my day, including the

AAU Nationals, USAKF Nationals, USKA Nationals and other major open competitions like the Battle of Atlanta and US

Open Nationals. So when you try to intimate that I think BJJ is the "greatest weapon in mma", you don't have the first

clue about me nor do you show the reading comprehension skills of an average IQ adult about what I have stated.

MMA IS EVERYTHING. It is not just boxing or wrestling or bjj or karate. It has been that way since the mid 90s as I

previously stated and backed up. There is no fucking WBA boxer coming into the UFC with boxing gloves on and

fighting anyone. FFS they wouldn't even make it in kickboxing, for the simple reason that they have no idea how to

defend kicks or throw kicks themselves.

The last boxer I can recall who did TRY his skills in an mma fight was heavyweight champion Ray Mercer. What was

the result? Mercer got taken down and submitted in the first round by none other than fucking Kimbo Slice! Haha..

yeah, Kimbo (who barely knows what a kimura is) tapped out the former heavyweight boxing champion of the world!

I also vaguely remember former multiple weight class champion James Toney fighting in the UFC and getting

embarrassed by Randy Coture in seconds. Those type of fights are very rare and freak show attractions for the boxing

fans and average Joe's who are unfathomably ignorant about mma and think that boxers have a legit chance to win.

Just listen or read the many comments that Mike Tyson has given on the subject. Despite all the money they offered

him he knew better than to get in an mma ring against the likes of Bob Sapp.

UFC and other mma organizations are comprised of mma fighters who utilize boxing just like they utilize wrestling

and karate or muay thai and yes, ALL of them have to be proficient in BJJ.

On the streets, any one martial arts or fight skill like boxing, properly taught and learned, is usually enough. However,

the great weight of the evidence and overwhelming opinion of the mma community is that BJJ is the best skill to have

for the simple reason that most fights end up in the ground. That's why I decided to supplement my Japanese karate

background with BJJ as well. I am not a bjj guy and never have been.

Karate does me very little good if I am taken off my feet. Same thing with a boxer, kickboxer, muay thai fighter, kenpo

fighter, tae kwon do fighter, aikido, etc.. Try punching or kicking when someone is sitting on top of your chest and see

how effective that is. If you had any wits about you and knowledge of different martial arts, you would know that and

wouldn't be making those embarrassingly idiotic remarks which give your ignorance away.

The claim that Conor McGregor is a simply boxer fighting against Aldo the bjj fighter is a false and ignorant one

because they are both MMA fighters fighting in the MMA sport, not a couple of street guys fighting in a tough man

contest. Their backgrounds may differ but they ALL train in boxing, kicks, wrestling, submissions and yes, BJJ too. In

other words that you can maybe better understand, Aldo is a boxer too.

Now if you or anyone else wants to engage in a serious discussion about mma or martial arts, I will be glad to listen to

your pov and respond. But if you are just going to make shit up about myself and state idiotic things which show a lack

of knowledge of even the basic fundamentals of mma, while pretending to know what you're talking about, then leave

my name out of it. Tards don't merit intelligent and substantive replies from me.

Get it out, Bwain.   Get it allll out....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

As I already said:

This goes to show, once again, that a boxer just needs to be trained to understand grappling techniques and to use

good footwork to negate the grappling to be dominant in MMA.

You do not seem to understand that MMA is all about styles.  Not one champion's skills are equal across all styles

And, as I have pointed out several times, a good boxer just needs to learn basic defensive techniques and use good footwork to beat a Judo-dominant or BJJ-dominant fighter.

The very fact that you mentioned Ray Mercer and James Toney goes to show that you do not understand what I have said.   :crap:

You should be embarrassed for using those two as examples.... :tard:

THE BRA1N

• learning Finnish
  • Augustus
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 04:53:02 PM »

Get it out, Bwain.   Get it allll out....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Substance value = 0

You do not seem to understand that MMA is all about styles.  Not one champion's skills are equal across all styles

And, as I have pointed out several times, a good boxer just needs to learn basic defensive techniques and use good footwork to beat a Judo-dominant or BJJ-dominant fighter.

The very fact that you mentioned Ray Mercer and James Toney goes to show that you do not understand what I have said.   :crap:

You should be embarrassed for using those two as examples.... :tard:

Is that right? Then please list all of the "good boxers" who have had championship caliber careers in the history of MMA. If it is that easy for boxers to make the transition as you describe then there certainly should be a long list of names, perhaps even approaching the long list of former bjj world champions who have successfully transitioned to mma to become champions in that sport as well.

I will even let you throw in Holly Holm although she is also a kickboxer who has 6 TKOs by kicks and only 1 by punches to her record. Better yet, let's see if you can weasel your way out of that one with something other than your usual hahahahahahahahahahaha grade school tard outburst since posting proof to backup your claims has never been your strong suit and idiotic outbursts are the hallmark of your posting history.

The two former WORLD CHAMPION boxers I mentioned are the only ones I can recall who have stepped into the mma world with little to no mma training, most probably ignorantly thinking like you that their boxing skills and "basic defensive techniques" would be enough to carry the day.

Both were destroyed in seconds, one by a novice-level mma fighter and forrner street fighter and the other by a world champion mma fighter and former wrestler. It is 100% on point and 100% more than you have provided of real world examples to back up your asinine statements.

Rose West

• Dictator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rose West embraces anonimity and disabled reputation.
  • Awards: 100 Reply - Ogling Guys
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 06:46:13 PM »

The last boxer I can recall who did TRY his skills in an mma fight was heavyweight champion Ray Mercer. What was the result? Mercer got taken down and submitted in the first round by none other than fucking Kimbo Slice! Haha.. yeah, Kimbo (who barely knows what a kimura is) tapped out the former heavyweight boxing champion of the world!

Ray Mercer first dabbled in MMA in an unsanctioned exhibition bout against street fighting legend Kimbo Slice on June 23, 2007 for Cage Fury Fighting Championships. That match featured Kimbo Slice charging Ray Mercer, taking him to the ground, and locking in a guillotine choke for the first round submission. Mercer admitted afterwards that he did not train enough in any other aspect of MMA except for boxing.
Ray Mercer was able to redeem himself, and make boxing fans proud, when he knocked out former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia in an MMA bout in June of 2009. Ray Mercer’s victory over a past MMA champion proved that boxers can compete in MMA if they can keep the fight standing, and all it takes is one punch.

Educated fans of both sports acknowledge that if a boxer were to fight a mixed martial artist under the rules of boxing, a boxer would win. They also acknowledge that if a mixed martial artist were to fight a boxer under the rules of MMA, the mixed martial artist would win.

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 02:12:59 AM »

Substance value = 0

Is that right? Then please list all of the "good boxers" who have had championship caliber careers in the history of MMA. If it is that easy for boxers to make the transition as you describe then there certainly should be a long list of names, perhaps even approaching the long list of former bjj world champions who have successfully transitioned to mma to become champions in that sport as well.

I will even let you throw in Holly Holm although she is also a kickboxer who has 6 TKOs by kicks and only 1 by punches to her record. Better yet, let's see if you can weasel your way out of that one with something other than your usual hahahahahahahahahahaha grade school tard outburst since posting proof to backup your claims has never been your strong suit and idiotic outbursts are the hallmark of your posting history.

Heavyweight boxing championship purse....$7-20 million.

Mayweather's purse for his Pacquiao fight...over $230 million.  His last fight against Berto....$32 million.

Conor McGragor purse for his Chamionship MMA win....$0.5 million.

Now you tell me why good boxers will even pursue MMA...

The two former WORLD CHAMPION boxers I mentioned are the only ones I can recall who have stepped into the mma world with little to no mma training, most probably ignorantly thinking like you that their boxing skills and "basic defensive techniques" would be enough to carry the day.

Both were destroyed in seconds, one by a novice-level mma fighter and forrner street fighter and the other by a world champion mma fighter and former wrestler. It is 100% on point and 100% more than you have provided of real world examples to back up your asinine statements.

You have to be an idiot.  Ray Mercer was totally washed-up when he went into MMA.  He did it to make a few bucks when he could not find any promoter in boxing.  He did not learn basic defense against grappling.

And James Toney was even worse.  At that point in Toney's career, he basically stood still and slipped punches and countered.  Impressive skills, sure.  But exactly the kind of boxer than would not transition well into MMA.  Then, mix in the fact that he refused to train in MMA.  He did not learn any basic defensive techniques. 

The James Toney debacle was simply a ploy by Dana White to convince people that MMA fights are superior to boxing matches.  The same thing would have happened in reverse if Randy Couture fought James Toney in a boxing match. 

Obviously a boxer, as I have said all along, needs to learn to defend himself against grappling to win in MMA.  But, as we are seeing more and more frequently, it is boxing that is winning in MMA.  Because the offensive weapons of wrestling and Judo and BJJ can be nullified with a relatively small amount of training.

What did we used to see when a wrestler fought a BJJ guy in MMA?  Grappling, with the BJJ guy trying to get submissions and the wrestler trying to get control and eventually finish with ground and pound.  What do we see now when a wrestler fights a BJJ guy in MMA?  We see that the wrestler has learned to defend BJJ and the BJJ guy has learned to defend wrestling, so they both stand and try to strike.  And they have standup skills on par with below par amateur boxers and kickboxers.  So it sucks.  And that is why MMA is on the decline.  And that is why the MMA champions are now becoming the fighters with the best striking skills; defend the grappling, win by striking.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
  • The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.The Scoundrel has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Reply Thread - The reg rep fuck up100 Reply Thread - As Usual. Rumours are rumours200 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex100 Reply Thread - Flamersaurus Rex300 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys200 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guys100 Reply Thread - Its 2014 guysWin - 4 x 4 Challenge match100 Reply Thread - Vicky dearest100 Reply Thread - Callout. Caskur and Serafina100+ Reply Thread - Put up Yer Dukes100+ Reply Thread - If your childs name was on ..
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »

Conor McGragor purse for his Chamionship MMA win....$0.5 million.

Well you just gave yoursdelf half a million reasons why they would.

As for why they wouldn't. It's like kids avoid you in the park. They don't wanna be fucked.
Our country will, I believe, sooner forgive an officer for attacking an enemy than for letting it alone

"Oh where will the homeless go when the bridges no longer have room for humanity?"

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 11:43:04 PM »

Well you just gave yoursdelf half a million reasons why they would.

Oh yeah, go for the lower pay.  Stay away from all the guilt of getting rich....  :applause:

:crap:

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - This is Yuo 2100 Replies - Once upon a time in MikeTXs bunghole200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 08:51:06 AM »

Oh yeah, go for the lower pay.  Stay away from all the guilt of getting rich....  :applause:

:crap:

Boxers in a lower grade would find the MMA purse appealing you clueless faggot. Rose seems to know more than you do, she prob has more testosterone as well.

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 03:05:02 PM »

Boxers in a lower grade would find the MMA purse appealing you clueless faggot. Rose seems to know more than you do, she prob has more testosterone as well.

Boxers in the lower grade are lesser athletes, so they would be in the lower grade of MMA (ie. flat broke).

Stutter your stupid ass out of here, Cock Muncher, before you get hurt.

Cookie Monster

• Champion Flamer
  • Augustus
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.Cookie Monster has a place in the TRF Hall of Fame.
  • Awards: 100 Replies - This is Yuo 2100 Replies - Once upon a time in MikeTXs bunghole200 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - The Perfect Photo100 Replies - Hey Benzover200 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Hurricane Irma gonna kill fags100 Replies - Question for the Mods ref alts100 Replies - Not that I am one to spread malicious gossip..100 Replies - So why is flea banned?100 Replies - 1,2,3,4 I declare a meme war100 Replies - To be blunt100 Replies - I have retired the Pufferfish100 Reply Thread - What occured at The Furnace100 Reply Thread - Gentlemen, I'm going to be needing your cock measurements100 Reply Thread - RIP Casker100 Reply Thread - any chance of unbanning flea?300 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse200 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - Vixens panel abuse100 Reply Thread - CO has been hackedTraffic Magnet Award - Most Online Ever: 374300+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread200+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - tHE official CAcker art thread100+ Reply Thread - attention useless fucktards100+ Reply Thread - Is it legal?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »

Boxers in the lower grade are lesser athletes, so they would be in the lower grade of MMA (ie. flat broke).

Stutter your stupid ass out of here, Cock Muncher, before you get hurt.

You are really going for the homo title 2016 already Sandusky.

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 06:00:21 PM »

I want to suck your dick, Prowler.

Get in line.

The Scoundrel

• Lover, Hero, Good Guy
  • Emperor
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 06:46:14 AM »

Get in line.

And there we have it. The Manitoba Molester perving on a queue of choir boys, mouths open, ready to accept 'Communion'

Scumbag.

TheProwler

• Dictator
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 12:23:23 AM »

You cannot help yourself, you sick fuck.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.491 seconds with 39 queries.